Forum Jump: 

post #1111 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2478 View Post
Right, let's definitely not turn this into an Apple vs Google or any other company thread. I was just stating that was my personal opinion. If I personally liked the Apple ecosystem I wouldn't have a problem with it. I never said they made bad products. Just that I personally don't like how with the new iPhone for example they designed the lightning cord with a chip so you have to spend $30 on an Apple brand cord rather than just some cheap generic power cord. That's just one example. Again this is just my personal preference and isn't in any way a reflection of the quality of products Apple makes, or that you or others can't have another opinion. They make very good devices. They just aren't for me, let's leave it at that.
Agreed, we'll leave it at that but there was nothing in my post that suggested that you were downgrading the quality of Apple's products. The subject was about business and marketing practices between Apple, Samsung and the rest. Not sure how you arrived at that, but okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM
SPJ

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I don't know if that is a typo or not, because they have had the 64" priced lower than the 60" inch for awhile. Also, every other week they drop the price of the 60" to $2300, which is what BB has it at.
post #1113 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
I don't know if that is a typo or not, because they have had the 64" priced lower than the 60" inch for awhile. Also, every other week they drop the price of the 60" to $2300, which is what BB has it at.
Wow that is really odd. That makes no sense to charge more for the smaller model and it seems to be that the 60" is much more available from most retailers than the 64". Are they even allowed to charge that much more than what Samsung charges for it? It's listed as $2399 for the 60". In fact everywhere else charges that. That has to be a mistake.
post #1114 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
With all the non-subject posts regarding Apple and such, I've lost track of your post and which merchant you are referring to.

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #1115 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
SPJ

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Frys has the 60" priced at $3199 on some weeks, but then drops it to $2399 other weeks (which is in line with what other stores have it at). It's just strange that Fry's has the 64" at $3099.

I think the $3199 used to be the MSRP, but now its dropped. So, Fry's does this on their website to make it look like its on sale. That's my theory at least.
post #1116 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Agreed, we'll leave it at that but there was nothing in my post that suggested that you were downgrading the quality of Apple's products. The subject was about business and marketing practices between Apple, Samsung and the rest. Not sure how you arrived at that, but okay.

I never said you did, I just was calling out that I wasn't trying to make it sound like they make bad products, or in some way was making fun of anyone who feels differently than I do. I was just trying to preface my previous post as one that was my personal opinion. A lot of companies do what you mention, try to get you to buy their stuff. But Microsoft has actually changed drastically, being as they now make and sell Office software on iOS. Apple is free to do whatever they want, as long as their products are popular their strategy obviously works with a large segment of the population.

I was simply trying to point out in response to another post that I wasn't fond of how when I bought an iPad and I tried to connect my Android phone to it over Bluetooth it wasn't allowed: it has to be an iPhone. My girlfriend bought a new iPod and in order to even use it with her Mac she got a pop up that she had to upgrade to the latest version of the OS in order to even sync music with her iPod. So simply buying a new iPod wasn't good enough, she was forced to pay extra to upgrade her OS at the same time just to use it. Those are just 2 examples and aren't with business practice so much as how they technologically limit the devices you can use within their ecosystem to only products they manufacture and sell (you can't bring your own device so to speak, so you don't have any choice in the devices you buy if you want to use their ecosystem). So my personal decision to not buy Apple is just that: my personal preference and opinion. I do feel they make good quality devices and for people that just want to buy 3 different devices and have them all work together right out of the box without having to tinker with it then Apple makes that very easy for you provided you buy all Apple products.

So this isn't to set off an Apple vs Microsoft or Apple vs Google conversation, they all make good products who fit different people with different preferences. I was just trying to provide my rationale for what I said previously. But let's let this one go to not cause 30 pages of posts about this topic.
post #1117 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Frys has the 60" priced at $3199 on some weeks, but then drops it to $2399 other weeks (which is in line with what other stores have it at). It's just strange that Fry's has the 64" at $3099.

I think the $3199 used to be the MSRP, but now its dropped. So, Fry's does this on their website to make it look like its on sale. That's my theory at least.
Thanks.

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #1118 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Please try to stay on the thread's intended subject.

This is the "Samsung f8500 pricing reduction thread?"

Kindly take the Apple discussion to PM or another thread.

Thanks.

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

post #1119 of 1119 Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Be careful choosing to purchase from ABT solely based on ShopDiscover cashback.

I received a damaged and defective TV. Because ABT sent me a replacement, my ShopDiscover cashback from ABT was not honored. I called multiple times and was assured I would keep the cashback. ABT did not withhold their end of the bargain. Discover was great...I received their casback.

If you receive a defective item cancel the order with ABT and choose another retailer.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn64f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page