post #1171 of 2996 Old 08-31-2014, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipsPhanatic View Post
Who are you ordering from and price ?
My bad, was a bit unclear. Was referring to ordering from Nice Electronics. They offered me $2,097 for a 60" F8500.
HLdan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 2996 Old 08-31-2014, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
I have only purchased 2 plasma's before (720p Philips Ambilights, bought in 2006 and 2007)) and when I bought them there were clear advantages over LCD's, let alone from a few years earlier.

Are the advantages to paying a premium for the discontinued Samsungs really worth it for the average user ?

I'm not talking about watching at some weird angle or measuring black levels to the "Nth" degree or watching in a sunlit Arizona glass house. I'm talking the average Joe Schmoe who is going to watch cable TV documentaries, lots of sports, and some movies.

The 64" runs about double the price of a recent top-end LED LCD model. A few hundred bucks might be worth it to have plasma...but almost double ($1,500) ??
I think you're looking at the wrong Samsung Plasma. Most LCD TV's on the same level as the F8500 generally cost more than the F8500 or most plasmas in general. Plasma is generally known for best bang for the buck. Also Samsung Plasmas are not discontinued. They will remain current until the end of November.

If you're purely focusing on the price hike of $1500 more than the LCD TV's you've been looking at then you should check out the Samsung PN64H5000. http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/PN64H5000AFXZA. It retails for $1299. At certain times it's been a bit less. It's a no-frills Plasma (no 3D, no SMART HUB) with great PQ. It has a pentile display which some may see as the "screen door" effect but it depends on how close you sit to the TV.

If you have no care about viewing angle or black levels (which are generally the biggest advantages of Plasma) then you may also consider to focus not necessarily on the advantages of Plasma but rather the disadvantages of LCD TV's. Unless you want to pay higher than the F8500 for the FALD LCD TV's then most of the LCD's you will be looking at are Edge-lit displays. They still have issues with flash-lighting (white spot lights at each corner of the TV that are most shown on dark scenes) and clouding which is also most shown on darker scenes. For daytime viewing the average joe won't see a huge advantage of Plasma to an Edge-lit LCD but for night viewing those common issues with LCD can be frustrating even for a non-videophile.
ToonMasterTim likes this.
post #1173 of 2996 Old 08-31-2014, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
I think you're looking at the wrong Samsung Plasma. Most LCD TV's on the same level as the F8500 generally cost more than the F8500 or most plasmas in general. Plasma is generally known for best bang for the buck. Also Samsung Plasmas are not discontinued. They will remain current until the end of November.
Thanks, HLdan.....I think off the top of my head I was looking at the UNH series from Samsung. I was at a friend's recently and I just glanced at the back and punched up the price on my smartphone and the 60" retailed for about $850 or so. So I guestimated that a 64" or 65" would sell for about $1,500 or so (maybe I looked and a 65" came up, I don't remember).

Quote:
If you're purely focusing on the price hike of $1500 more than the LCD TV's you've been looking at then you should check out the Samsung PN64H5000. http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/PN64H5000AFXZA. It retails for $1299. At certain times it's been a bit less. It's a no-frills Plasma (no 3D, no SMART HUB) with great PQ. It has a pentile display which some may see as the "screen door" effect but it depends on how close you sit to the TV.
I have to look into this pentile display because the last thing I want is SDE, but this might be an option for me, thanks ! I really do not think I am going to use the TV as a Smart TV and am not into 3D. It might be nice to use the TV to scan e-mails and other things from my monitor but right now my PC is 8' from my TV, not up a flight of stairs.

Quote:
If you have no care about viewing angle or black levels (which are generally the biggest advantages of Plasma) then you may also consider to focus not necessarily on the advantages of Plasma but rather the disadvantages of LCD TV's. Unless you want to pay higher than the F8500 for the FALD LCD TV's then most of the LCD's you will be looking at are Edge-lit displays. They still have issues with flash-lighting (white spot lights at each corner of the TV that are most shown on dark scenes) and clouding which is also most shown on darker scenes. For daytime viewing the average joe won't see a huge advantage of Plasma to an Edge-lit LCD but for night viewing those common issues with LCD can be frustrating even for a non-videophile.
During the day I usually have news channels and/or CNBC on my TV, and work from my PC. My back is to the TV at about a 45-degree angle from maybe 7-8' away, so I'm really not that skewed.

Of course, I also have my couch which is 9' away from the TV directly facing it.

As I said, I have a 50" 720p TV with 2006/07 technology so I think even the lower-priced Samsung might be worthwhile for me. If I wanted to splurge on lots of bells-and-whistles, 3D, SmartTV, and extra processing power and color extravaganzas, I guess the F8500 will then enter the conversation.

Thanks !!
post #1174 of 2996 Old 09-01-2014, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Genuine Samsung Display???

Nice Electronics lists two prices for the 8500. The higher priced product states a genuine Samsung display. Can someone explain this to me? I've heard of the "Panel Lottery" before but also heard it was for LCDS only or is it true for Plasmas as well? I do not want to spend more money if I do not have to.

Thanks!

Last edited by mproia; 09-01-2014 at 10:03 AM.
post #1175 of 2996 Old 09-01-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by mproia View Post
Nice Electronics lists two prices for the 8500. The higher priced product states a genuine Samsung display. Can someone explain this to me? I've heard of the "Panel Lottery" before but also heard it was for LCDS only or is it true for Plasmas as well? I do not want to spend more money if I do not have to.

Thanks!
Just slimy salesmanship filled with dishonesty to get you to buy the more expensive model. Of they won't sell you the cheaper one at it's advertised price either if you tried to buy it.
CoCo Kawon likes this.
post #1176 of 2996 Old 09-01-2014, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Stopped at BB to look at phones. No phone reps available so went to the Magnolia where they had a 64" on display. Rep says how can I help you, replied with, price match the online resellers. To which he replied East Coast TV? I replied with, Among Others...

Then he went through the whole spiel about buying from unauthorized dealers/resellers , Gray Market B panels and no warranty. I asked him, if that were true then what about those (on this forum) who "have" purchased from these dealers and resellers and have been able to register the TV with Samsung? He replied with, have they had to use the warranty? That likely that is when Samsung would deny coverage.. He even printed out and gave me the Samsung Beware of Purchases made from... letter with a list of Dealers to avoid....

Then he told me about a new 64" return, that he had in the ware house, no box, panel is bubble rapped and it has all the accessories and I can have for $2500. I asked him if it had any hours on it or damage and he said he didn't think so. He said he is willing to bring it down and set it up and let me look at it.

Since I was not ready to purchase, I told him I would have to think about it and get back to him. (My HVAC started acting up yesterday and till I know what I am dealing with on that, I need to wait)

Assuming that the HVAC can be fixed with minor cost, and the tv is new and no damage, is $2500 (better jump on it) price?
PhilipsPhanatic and mhanism like this.
post #1177 of 2996 Old 09-01-2014, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilburnerDe View Post
He even printed out and gave me the Samsung Beware of Purchases made from... letter with a list of Dealers to avoid....
Who was on the list ?

Quote:
Then he told me about a new 64" return, that he had in the ware house, no box, panel is bubble rapped and it has all the accessories and I can have for $2500. I asked him if it had any hours on it or damage and he said he didn't think so. He said he is willing to bring it down and set it up and let me look at it. Assuming that the HVAC can be fixed with minor cost, and the tv is new and no damage, is $2500 (better jump on it) price?
What's a HVAC ?

As for the F8500, if you verify it looks good and the hours of operation is minimal, sounds like a good deal.
post #1178 of 2996 Old 09-01-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Who was on the list ?

What's a HVAC ?

As for the F8500, if you verify it looks good and the hours of operation is minimal, sounds like a good deal.

Thanks,

HVAC is Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning. So basically my A/C is not functioning correctly, keeps freezing up and then thawing and I am getting water in my basement from it.

I will have to scan the list and post it tomorrow. It is 1 am for me and I am futzing with the A/C still, just had to shut the breaker off to it so it would shut down. argh....could get $$$$ :-(
post #1179 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Who was on the list ?
I didn't find the list of dealers to avoid. However, I did find this:

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmin...F_LinkBack.pdf

Says it may not be eligible for the 1 year warranty, but I have a hard time believing that. I think as long as the tv was a new retail model actually made by samsung you should still be covered, but I have no experience here and may be wrong.

I bought mine from Paul's and although they are an authorized reseller they were not specifically on the list when I registered the TV. When I needed warranty work they did ask to send over the receipt, but scheduled service before I sent anything over.
post #1180 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 12:39 PM

Here is the scan of the memo from Samsung that BB gave me.

I had to resize it several times and change the format. Hopefully it is readable.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp samsung.bmp (926.8 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by OilburnerDe; 09-02-2014 at 12:42 PM.
post #1181 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Here is the scan of the memo from Samsung that BB gave me.

I had to resize it several times and change the format. Hopefully it is readable.
That's interesting that Cleveland Plasma is listed there. They are one of the sponsors on AVS. Many people here have bought from them. I will have to say they don't state they are an authorized Samsung Dealer on their website though. Hmm.
post #1182 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbas5 View Post
I didn't find the list of dealers to avoid. However, I did find this:

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmin...F_LinkBack.pdf

Says it may not be eligible for the 1 year warranty, but I have a hard time believing that. I think as long as the tv was a new retail model actually made by samsung you should still be covered, but I have no experience here and may be wrong.

I bought mine from Paul's and although they are an authorized reseller they were not specifically on the list when I registered the TV. When I needed warranty work they did ask to send over the receipt, but scheduled service before I sent anything over.
I bought mine on BHphotovideo.com, they aren't on that list and I was able to register for the 1 year warranty no problem. They also include their own short 30 day guarantee as well as a 90 day manufacture warranty.

Pretty happy with my purchase so far, just need to find the best calibrations for the 64" F8500 for bright and dark room, 3D, and PC settings. Anybody have a link?
post #1183 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
That's interesting that Cleveland Plasma is listed there. They are one of the sponsors on AVS. Many people here have bought from them. I will have to say they don't state they are an authorized Samsung Dealer on their website though. Hmm.
Yeah but do they handle stuff properly? Maybe they have the three stooges unloading items...
post #1184 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post
Yeah but do they handle stuff properly? Maybe they have the three stooges unloading items...
I didn't purchase my F8500 from them but for the people that have they seem to be satisfied with Cleveland Plasma's service. Not sure about their delivery. Just interesting to know now that they are listed on Samsung's beware list of unauthorized resellers.
post #1185 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 397
List of authorized Samsung INTERNET RESELLERS + IN STORE RESELLERS from the link above .

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmin...resellers.html

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 09-03-2014 at 10:07 AM.
post #1186 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I didn't purchase my F8500 from them but for the people that have they seem to be satisfied with Cleveland Plasma's service. Not sure about their delivery. Just interesting to know now that they are listed on Samsung's beware list of unauthorized resellers.
I know a few months ago, I had an email or two with Chris at CP and I was more than satisfied with them and would have no issues buying from them. The Samsung memo could be just a scare tactic by BB to convince the buyer to purchase through them and that they have to abide by Samsung's UPP.

The only thing the BestBuy Sales guy said that I couldn't rebut, is that I don't know of anyone who bought the TV via the unauthorized dealer and registered the TV with Samsung and had to file a warranty claim that was/was not covered. That is what got me thinking.
And since they have a return that I can get for just above the current ECtv price, I would be foolish not to consider it.
post #1187 of 2996 Old 09-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I know a few months ago, I had an email or two with Chris at CP and I was more than satisfied with them and would have no issues buying from them. The Samsung memo could be just a scare tactic by BB to convince the buyer to purchase through them and that they have to abide by Samsung's UPP.

The only thing the BestBuy Sales guy said that I couldn't rebut, is that I don't know of anyone who bought the TV via the unauthorized dealer and registered the TV with Samsung and had to file a warranty claim that was/was not covered. That is what got me thinking.
And since they have a return that I can get for just above the current ECtv price, I would be foolish not to consider it.
If it's any consolation, back in 2012 I purchased my Panasonic 55" GT50 from Abe's of Maine (unauthorized grey market) and registered the warranty. 60 days later I began to really notice vertical banding on the TV. Was already there, I just didn't pay attention to it much. I called Panasonic for repair. They looked up my warranty and serial number. I honestly can't remember whether or not they asked for my purchase receipt. Nonetheless they setup for the technician to come out to my home. They saw the vertical banding and took the TV back with them and replaced the panel. They left me with a loaner Plasma. Delivered my Panasonic back to me with a new panel. Looked good as new. So I had no issues with the warranty.

Just my own philosophy but I'm thinking these companies are more or less trying to discourage purchasing from unauthorized dealers such as Ebay or people on Craigslist or places that don't actually sell TV's but rather just a warehouse of miscellaneous merchandise that they acquire from no-name dealers or possibly off-shore. So far I have seen no evidence here of anyone that has purchased from a gray market or unauthorized reseller and didn't get a warranty or got duped and got sold an used machine that was advertised as new. The most popular unauthorized dealers here seem to be ECTV's, Abe's of Maine, Cleveland Plasma and Nice Electronics. The end results appears to be satisfied customers enjoying their TV's with their warranties in tact.
post #1188 of 2996 Old 09-03-2014, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I certainly would not lump Cleveland Plasma in with those others mentioned.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #1189 of 2996 Old 09-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
I certainly would not lump Cleveland Plasma in with those others mentioned.
Your feelings don't change the fact that Cleveland is on the Samsung unauthorized resellers list and they don't list themselves as an authorized dealer on their website. Not saying they have the same sales practices but "unauthorized" has the same meaning regardless if the retailer has a good rep or not.
post #1190 of 2996 Old 09-03-2014, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
If it's any consolation, back in 2012 I purchased my Panasonic 55" GT50 from Abe's of Maine (unauthorized grey market) and registered the warranty. 60 days later I began to really notice vertical banding on the TV. Was already there, I just didn't pay attention to it much. I called Panasonic for repair. They looked up my warranty and serial number. I honestly can't remember whether or not they asked for my purchase receipt. Nonetheless they setup for the technician to come out to my home. They saw the vertical banding and took the TV back with them and replaced the panel. They left me with a loaner Plasma. Delivered my Panasonic back to me with a new panel. Looked good as new. So I had no issues with the warranty.
Quite often, what happens is the TV was sold to an authorized distributor. That distributor sold the TV to the "un-authorized" retailer. When Panny looked up your serial number all they saw was that it was sold to an authorized distributor, so you were good. If you were requesting a refund for the set (like I had to do for my ZT60 that had the "micro-fractures" issues), they would have wanted to see your sales receipt and then you "might" have had a problem since you purchased from an un-authorized vendor.
post #1191 of 2996 Old 09-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Quite often, what happens is the TV was sold to an authorized distributor. That distributor sold the TV to the "un-authorized" retailer. When Panny looked up your serial number all they saw was that it was sold to an authorized distributor, so you were good. If you were requesting a refund for the set (like I had to do for my ZT60 that had the "micro-fractures" issues), they would have wanted to see your sales receipt and then you "might" have had a problem since you purchased from an un-authorized vendor.
Ah, that makes sense.
post #1192 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Well, I went back to the BB store that offered me the open box for 2500. They brought it down from the warehouse, but it had nothing included with it, unlike what I was told. No power cord, no glasses, no remotes and no manual.

The sales guy went to store manager to see what they could do. He came back and said $2500 was the price. I asked them if they could turn it on so I can look at it and they said no.. I basically told him that there was no way I was paying $2500 for it now, as I was told that the TV had all the accessories and I could turn it on and check it out by the home theater manager over the weekend (who was off today)

He said they were going to throw in a $100 power cord. But I was on my own for the rest.

So I told them thanks but no thanks and went over to the mobile department to upgrade my phone. I told the sales girl about my experience and she said I should speak to the manager. I told they did, but she said that I need to speak to the department manager who was easier to work with as the store GM was prick. So she had one of the other theater guys take my # and said that they will talk to him tomorrow. So we shall see.

So assuming I am SOL on getting all the accessories with the tv. What do you think it is worth without it, given that I was told $2500 included everything and that the tv was new. Have no idea what the glasses and remotes are worth..

Thoughts?
post #1193 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Well, I went back to the BB store that offered me the open box for 2500. They brought it down from the warehouse, but it had nothing included with it, unlike what I was told. No power cord, no glasses, no remotes and no manual.

The sales guy went to store manager to see what they could do. He came back and said $2500 was the price. I asked them if they could turn it on so I can look at it and they said no.. I basically told him that there was no way I was paying $2500 for it now, as I was told that the TV had all the accessories and I could turn it on and check it out by the home theater manager over the weekend (who was off today)

He said they were going to throw in a $100 power cord. But I was on my own for the rest.

So I told them thanks but no thanks and went over to the mobile department to upgrade my phone. I told the sales girl about my experience and she said I should speak to the manager. I told they did, but she said that I need to speak to the department manager who was easier to work with as the store GM was prick. So she had one of the other theater guys take my # and said that they will talk to him tomorrow. So we shall see.

So assuming I am SOL on getting all the accessories with the tv. What do you think it is worth without it, given that I was told $2500 included everything and that the tv was new. Have no idea what the glasses and remotes are worth..

Thoughts?
Not worth it, buy online. Just keep looking, I did and I got an amazing deal. You can get it cheaper online anyways and everything comes with it.
post #1194 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thoughts?
This is not against you whatsoever, I'm just making a point....

I find your experience very disturbing with Best Buy. What I'm mostly alarmed at is some people tend to put down the grey market resellers for their shenanigans when an actual authorized retailer such as Best Buy gives this poor guy such poor service. They offered him an outrageous price for an open box with nothing in it, acted like they were doing him a favor by giving him a "$100 power cord" which should've been in the box if nothing else and then they refused to let a customer take a look at the TV powered on? Is Best Buy kidding? I wouldn't buy anything from them with that attitude and blatant dishonesty. At least with the grey market resellers you can get a brand new sealed 64F8500 for that price shipped.
Schwa, igreg and CoCo Kawon like this.
post #1195 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

I find your experience very disturbing with Best Buy. What I'm mostly alarmed at is some people tend to put down the grey market resellers for their shenanigans when an actual authorized retailer such as Best Buy gives this poor guy such poor service. They offered him an outrageous price for an open box with nothing in it, acted like they were doing him a favor by giving him a "$100 power cord" which should've been in the box if nothing else and then they refused to let a customer take a look at the TV powered on? Is Best Buy kidding? I wouldn't buy anything from them with that attitude and blatant dishonesty. At least with the grey market resellers you can get a brand new sealed 64F8500 for that price shipped.
and possibly no warranty and is there a return policy?

While I dont think $2500 was any "deal" for the Tv at Best Buy

dont throw the baby out with the bathwater

A samsung remote is at the most $10-12 on ebay.
Any Samsung Tv remote from the last decade will contraol any samsung TV
..glasses are $19.99 each
I bought some clearance at Fry's for less than $5.00 each last week...rechargeable ones at that

I think they need to be about $500 less for that Tv...providing it is in good condition

Others have bought this Tv from Best Buy for $2K..open box

dont get caught up in those accessories....their cost is minimal

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Marantz 8801 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Denon 4520 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #1196 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:

I find your experience very disturbing with Best Buy.

. They offered him an outrageous price for an open box with nothing in it, acted like they were doing him a favor by giving him a "$100 power cord" which should've been in the box .

Did I mention there wasn't even a box!! It was already mounted on the stand and bubble rapped. I didn't even look at the panel, it just sat there on the cart.

I may stop by tomorrow just for the heck of it. It isn't far out of the way. Need to hit the Home Depot too, which is in the same parking lot. See if I can get him to drop his pants on the price.

I have been looking around on the webs for replacement remotes but have yet to find any, I think a universal remote might be to challenging to use for my non-techy wife. The few buttons the better. But the Samsung remotes are very $$. Then there is the glasses, of which right now I have no zero need.

We shall see.
post #1197 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:

I totally agree with you on this one. Last year at the Culver City BB Magnolia they tried to hustle me into buying a used VT that was like $200 cheaper than a new one and had a damaged screen. They told me it was better than the F8500 and I'd never see such a great deal as this. They even took me back to see it and its as visibly scratched on the screen and out of the box and missing parts. I told them they were crazy. Even in their dark room side by side the Samsung, I still thought the F8500 looked better. There was one dude that worked there and agreed with me that F8500 was all around a better buy. He even told me I was better off not buying from them after the shadiness they pulled.

After waiting quite a few months and finding a great deal of $1800 for a PN64F8500 at B and H for a brand new TV never used just open box maybe. I feel like buying from the so called grey market can actually be a great deal. Just read into what they are selling you, make sure there's not hidden pricing and they have a guarantee on their own product or your money back. You can find a great deal, just google price check from time to time.

Good luck, hope you get what you're looking for.
HLdan likes this.
post #1198 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
and possibly no warranty and is there a return policy?

While I dont think $2500 was any "deal" for the Tv at Best Buy

dont throw the baby out with the bathwater

A samsung remote is at the most $10-12 on ebay.
Any Samsung Tv remote from the last decade will contraol any samsung TV
..glasses are $19.99 each
I bought some clearance at Fry's for less than $5.00 each last week...rechargeable ones at that

I think they need to be about $500 less for that Tv...providing it is in good condition

Others have bought this Tv from Best Buy for $2K..open box

dont get caught up in those accessories....their cost is minimal

Warren
There is a full manufacture's warranty with the grey market resellers. I assure you. And yes, if the TV is damaged or defective you can exchange it without issue.
But, you're basically excusing Best Buy by saying people can buy their own accessories. The way that member was treated no sale should even happen.
CoCo Kawon likes this.
post #1199 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Did I mention there wasn't even a box!! It was already mounted on the stand and bubble rapped. I didn't even look at the panel, it just sat there on the cart.

I may stop by tomorrow just for the heck of it. It isn't far out of the way. Need to hit the Home Depot too, which is in the same parking lot. See if I can get him to drop his pants on the price.

I have been looking around on the webs for replacement remotes but have yet to find any, I think a universal remote might be to challenging to use for my non-techy wife. The few buttons the better. But the Samsung remotes are very $$. Then there is the glasses, of which right now I have no zero need.

We shall see.
So the actual manufacturer's shipping box wasn't included either? No way would I buy from at least THIS Best Buy. I'm not sure I would have much of a good taste in my mouth to buy from the company at all. The actual shipping box is very important for proper protection, especially for a plasma.
CoCo Kawon likes this.
post #1200 of 2996 Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
There is a full manufacture's warranty with the grey market resellers. I assure you. And yes, if the TV is damaged or defective you can exchange it without issue.
But, you're basically excusing Best Buy by saying people can buy their own accessories. The way that member was treated no sale should even happen.
Very true, I was able to register my grey market TV for a full 1 year warranty. Even thought the 4 pair of 3D glasses were missing, they sent 4 more pair in 2 day delivery for FREE! And when I got my TV I got FREE white glove setup, I didn't pay a cent for delivery! I know it sounds like I am really up talking the grey market dealers, but I am super happy with my experience with this large purchase. Best Buy wouldn't even do all this for me for under $200 and they probably would make me buy the 3D glasses as well.

Check your options is my best suggestion.
mhanism and HLdan like this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn64f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page