Forum Jump: 

post #1201 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilburnerDe View Post
Did I mention there wasn't even a box!! It was already mounted on the stand and bubble rapped. I didn't even look at the panel, it just sat there on the cart.

I may stop by tomorrow just for the heck of it. It isn't far out of the way. Need to hit the Home Depot too, which is in the same parking lot. See if I can get him to drop his pants on the price.

I have been looking around on the webs for replacement remotes but have yet to find any, I think a universal remote might be to challenging to use for my non-techy wife. The few buttons the better. But the Samsung remotes are very $$. Then there is the glasses, of which right now I have no zero need.

We shall see.
If you do pull the trigger, there is a Samsung page online that you can register to get a free IR remote. I suggest getting both. I use the Bluetooth and IR blaster. They come in handy in depending what you're trying to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo Kawon View Post
I totally agree with you on this one. Last year at the Culver City BB Magnolia they tried to hustle me into buying a used VT that was like $200 cheaper than a new one and had a damaged screen. They told me it was better than the F8500 and I'd never see such a great deal as this. They even took me back to see it and its as visibly scratched on the screen and out of the box and missing parts. I told them they were crazy. Even in their dark room side by side the Samsung, I still thought the F8500 looked better. There was one dude that worked there and agreed with me that F8500 was all around a better buy. He even told me I was better off not buying from them after the shadiness they pulled.

After waiting quite a few months and finding a great deal of $1800 for a PN64F8500 at B and H for a brand new TV never used just open box maybe. I feel like buying from the so called grey market can actually be a great deal. Just read into what they are selling you, make sure there's not hidden pricing and they have a guarantee on their own product or your money back. You can find a great deal, just google price check from time to time.

Good luck, hope you get what you're looking for.
Thank you very much for posting this. This helps others. I am very disappointed with the way Best Buy is now treating customers, and even more so with the experience you and OilburnerDE had with Magnolia which is suppose to be considered a high-end retailer. Selling damaged TV's for only $200 less than retail? Shameful.
CoCo Kawon likes this.
post #1203 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Very true, I was able to register my grey market TV for a full 1 year warranty. Even thought the 4 pair of 3D glasses were missing, they sent 4 more pair in 2 day delivery for FREE! And when I got my TV I got FREE white glove setup, I didn't pay a cent for delivery! I know it sounds like I am really up talking the grey market dealers, but I am super happy with my experience with this large purchase. Best Buy wouldn't even do all this for me for under $200 and they probably would make me buy the 3D glasses as well.

Check your options is my best suggestion.
The grey market resellers certainly could do a better job with their upfront sales tactics but at the end of the day I've not seen one person here (including myself) get scammed. In fact from many of the people who've spoke of their experience with these dealers they've been very satisfied after the TV was delivered.
CoCo Kawon likes this.
post #1204 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Thank you very much for posting this. This helps others. I am very disappointed with the way Best Buy is now treating customers, and even more so with the experience you and OilburnerDE had with Magnolia which is suppose to be considered a high-end retailer. Selling damaged TV's for only $200 less than retail? Shameful.
You're welcome. There was one dude there that actually spent some time with me and was very passionate about Plasma and the F8500. He told me about the 2013 shootout and the AVS forum. He actually got me into the tech side more on TV's, before I was just swallowing the reseller's hype of whats the "best". So I don't want to throw the entire customer service group at that location under the bus, there was one decent guy there at least. He even told me to look online and not to buy from them, but of course that one guy is a rare breed it seems in the big box reseller stores.
post #1205 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
The grey market resellers certainly could do a better job with their upfront sales tactics but at the end of the day I've not seen one person here (including myself) get scammed. In fact from many of the people who've spoke of their experience with these dealers they've been very satisfied after the TV was delivered.
B and H used customer service was AWESOME! Seriously they were upfront with me, I called before purchase, they told me it was an 8+ (the guy I was talking to even told me thats the only TV he buys, no brand new only 8+) which was very helpful. Then after I received it and found out it was in fact a brand new unit and only missing the 4 pair of 3D glasses, I called the used customer service department and there was no questions asked and they did a rush delivery from the east coast to the west coast at no cost to me.

I am VERY satisfied with this purchase and recommend others try it out.
HLdan likes this.
post #1206 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
There is a full manufacture's warranty with the grey market resellers. I assure you. And yes, if the TV is damaged or defective you can exchange it without issue.
But, you're basically excusing Best Buy by saying people can buy their own accessories. The way that member was treated no sale should even happen.

well hopefully they will continue to warranty the gray market items
Trouble is..if they dont,,, I dont think they will give those that have bought from unauthorized dealers any notice

so damage or defective return policy only?

No returning just because you didn't like it? for whatever reason?

I am not excusing BB for anything....experiences vary.I just had a situation with a Denon receiver today where they made a very good offer...and then sweetened it more because they felt I had to wait to long to complete the transaction

My issue is 2 fold
those accessories dont cost much if anything....someone who is serious should not be concerned about some great expense
the TV price should be around 2K or less
Quote:
So the actual manufacturer's shipping box wasn't included either? No way would I buy from at least THIS Best Buy. I'm not sure I would have much of a good taste in my mouth to buy from the company at all. The actual shipping box is very important for proper protection, especially for a plasma.
I bought a64F8500...open box for $1799 with no box and all accessories
From an authorized dealer back in December 2013
Padded it well in my car and drove it 1000 miles to my new house laying down with pillows on top and bottom

THIS Best Buy could be an issue....but surely doesn't apply to all

That box is not important

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #1207 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
No returning just because you didn't like it? for whatever reason?

THIS Best Buy could be an issue....but surely doesn't apply to all

That box is not important

Warren
From my own experience you cannot return the TV (from the store I bought mine from) for a refund because you didn't like it. I don't see a point of that anyway because if anyone is going to buy an expensive TV online they should do themselves a favor and go to a local retailer that carries that TV and get a good look at it and get a full demo before they make a decision.

Also I have to respectfully disagree, the original box is very important for transporting a plasma.
CoCo Kawon likes this.
post #1208 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
From my own experience you cannot return the TV (from the store I bought mine from) for a refund because you didn't like it. I don't see a point of that anyway because if anyone is going to buy an expensive TV online they should do themselves a favor and go to a local retailer that carries that TV and get a good look at it and get a full demo before they make a decision.

Also I have to respectfully disagree, the original box is very important for transporting a plasma.
People return TV's all the time because they dont look "just right" in their homes
Its sometimes hard to tell until it is there in the space you meant it for

Read this forum a while.....Many have returned multiples until they got something they were completely satisfied with. Nothing was wrong with the TV's...warranty or damage wise

I consider this an advantage....clearly opinions vary

I personally want an authorized dealer with a return policy and a low price

Speaking from transporting several plasmas over the years....a couple of them in excess of 1000 miles they can easily be transported without the box

I have taken a LG 60" plasma from Ohio to Texas in 2010...and my current F8500 from Texas to Indiana last Christmas from the $1799 deal

perhaps you can enlighten me on why you think the box is mandatory for transportation and what your personal experience is like?

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
post #1209 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
B and H used customer service was AWESOME! Seriously they were upfront with me, I called before purchase, they told me it was an 8+ (the guy I was talking to even told me thats the only TV he buys, no brand new only 8+) which was very helpful. Then after I received it and found out it was in fact a brand new unit and only missing the 4 pair of 3D glasses, I called the used customer service department and there was no questions asked and they did a rush delivery from the east coast to the west coast at no cost to me.

I am VERY satisfied with this purchase and recommend others try it out.
I've used B&H before for Pro studio electronics only had one issue it was exchanged no hassle painless actually .
I received good service on every purchase . I would recommend them based on my experiences. I can't recall seeing any unfavorable forum posts about B&H either .
CoCo Kawon likes this.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #1210 of 1315 Old 09-04-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:

I agree with doing your research before you buy a TV of this caliber. B and H offered me a 30 day guarantee for any reason I didn't like this TV I could send it back for a refund, they even gave me 90 day warranty on parts and labor for a malfunction.

I also agree original box is VERY important. After seeing the condition that box was in after shipping multiple times and then from the east to the west coast, that box was beat to hell, but when I opened it the Styrofoam was in tact and everything else was in proper order. Now when you move, that could be a pain in the butt, but with care I am sure you can move it properly.
post #1211 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

I have been looking around on the webs for replacement remotes but have yet to find any, I think a universal remote might be to challenging to use for my non-techy wife. The few buttons the better.

Samsung remote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
OilburnerDe and CoCo Kawon like this.
post #1212 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post
Thanks!
post #1213 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
People return TV's all the time because they dont look "just right" in their homes
Its sometimes hard to tell until it is there in the space you meant it for

Read this forum a while.....Many have returned multiples until they got something they were completely satisfied with. Nothing was wrong with the TV's...warranty or damage wise

I consider this an advantage....clearly opinions vary

Warren
Once again I completely disagree. I sold TV's for 10 years at a major electronics retailer. The only time we had TV's ever come back was from people who "rented" them for a Superbowl party. January was our biggest selling month and February was the month we worried how many would get returned after Superbowl. Very rare did we get TV's returned during any other time of the year, and if any were returned they had genuine defects. You're oversimplifying it. It's not common for people to just return large screened TV's over and over just because they don't look "quite right" in their home.

Firstly, it's difficult to return a large TV, especially in sizes 60" or more. Secondly, this is an online forum and I hope you realize that not everything stated on an online forum is dead true. You should take things with a grain of salt.

Sure, there are those that have nothing better to do but constantly return multiple TV's (when nothing was wrong with them) back to the store until the store is sick of them and refuses to sell them another one, which they can do. Those types of consumers are not in the majority. And because we are on an online forum for TV's many people here are the ones in the minority. Most people (outside of a forum) will go to a retail store, check out a few TV's, find the best picture that fits their budget and have it delivered. For many, once the TV is in their home they feel it looks even better in their home than in the store, regardless of the settings. They are not looking for professional calibrators or complaining about the blacks not being .00025 vs. another set being .00045. They are not concerned about floating blacks, DSE or viewing angles.

Heck, I have friends that are much more well to do financially than I am and they come into my home and see my Plasma TV's. I can't begin to convince them why a Plasma is so much better than their new LCD set they bought. For the most part they can't even tell. Those friends of mine represent the majority of TV buyers. AVS members represent a small amount of the TV buying market. Just like any other online forum AVS members are obviously more in the know of what to look for, but I would be hard pressed to believe that most of the members constantly return large TV's over and over until they get that "perfect" one.

As far as the box being needed for plasma transportation, you've already convinced yourself that it isn't necessary so there's no point in me going any further into it. To each his own.
post #1214 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 24
In most cases, I would think the original manufacturer packaging would be highly preferable in comparison to other packaging when transporting a television. It may not be absolutely necessary, but I always keep the original packaging for just that purpose.
HLdan likes this.
post #1215 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Once again I completely disagree. I sold TV's for 10 years at a major electronics retailer. The only time we had TV's ever come back was from people who "rented" them for a Superbowl party. January was our biggest selling month and February was the month we worried how many would get returned after Superbowl. Very rare did we get TV's returned during any other time of the year, and if any were returned they had genuine defects. You're oversimplifying it. It's not common for people to just return large screened TV's over and over just because they don't look "quite right" in their home.

Firstly, it's difficult to return a large TV, especially in sizes 60" or more. Secondly, this is an online forum and I hope you realize that not everything stated on an online forum is dead true. You should take things with a grain of salt.

Sure, there are those that have nothing better to do but constantly return multiple TV's (when nothing was wrong with them) back to the store until the store is sick of them and refuses to sell them another one, which they can do. Those types of consumers are not in the majority. And because we are on an online forum for TV's many people here are the ones in the minority. Most people (outside of a forum) will go to a retail store, check out a few TV's, find the best picture that fits their budget and have it delivered. For many, once the TV is in their home they feel it looks even better in their home than in the store, regardless of the settings. They are not looking for professional calibrators or complaining about the blacks not being .00025 vs. another set being .00045. They are not concerned about floating blacks, DSE or viewing angles.

Heck, I have friends that are much more well to do financially than I am and they come into my home and see my Plasma TV's. I can't begin to convince them why a Plasma is so much better than their new LCD set they bought. For the most part they can't even tell. Those friends of mine represent the majority of TV buyers. AVS members represent a small amount of the TV buying market. Just like any other online forum AVS members are obviously more in the know of what to look for, but I would be hard pressed to believe that most of the members constantly return large TV's over and over until they get that "perfect" one.

As far as the box being needed for plasma transportation, you've already convinced yourself that it isn't necessary so there's no point in me going any further into it. To each his own.
you should read this forum for a lot longer...especially the higher end models

people do return multiple TV's....and the higher end they are the more susceptible it seems to me
Be it...they really cant afford it...the wife doesnt like or other reasons
they do get returned
I returned one F8500 myself before the one I have
Best Buy, Amazon and many others have free returns for Tv's they have delivered

Not sure how many large Tv's you have purchased...but as far as i know its been that way for years
I bought 8 Tv's over 60" in the last 5 years(2 of those for family members)
Its not uncommon for me to change large TV's in my main living area every 1.5 years of so
As such you can understand my point on transportation

back to original point
It does not sound like the person had the most optimum Best Buy experience
However...I dont think this is common practice as I had an excellent one just yesterday where they bent over backwards

The price point he was offered was not even that great either....there are at least a couple of people that have bought open box 64" f8500 for $2K

Heck...a few months ago an authorized dealer was clearing out new in box unit for $1999
The same retailer i bought my unit from

buying grey market does not interest me for the most part, for many reasons,...but clearly we differ on that so its a moot point

While I agree with you that not everything on internet is true...and I agree
i can assure you everything I say is true and I have been buying A/V for so many years that I think I can tell when the details don't make sense

Warren

post #1216 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

While I agree with you that not everything on internet is true...and I agree
i can assure you everything I say is true and I have been buying A/V for so many years that I think I can tell when the details don't make sense

Warren
Sorry to have to "LOL" this but you can't assure me of that. There's no way to prove anything you've been saying to be true. Welcome to the internet.
post #1217 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry to have to "LOL" this but you can't assure me of that. There's no way to prove anything you've been saying to be true. Welcome to the internet.
yes..
I guess I was assuming that you had been in these forums for years as I have and knew some history

that being said
if you know the product well enough( and own it) you can ask the right questions and figure out pretty quick who has much intensive knowledge of a particular product

Knowledge that would probably only come from an extensive time with the unit itself

furthermore...if I felt the need to prove anything personally I can provide copies of receipts for anything I have said I have ever owned....

And again...I know you dont know me so I I understand your statement

But I have spent years on AVS forum and others know me well

So...suffice it to say ...that I dont think my ownership of anything has ever been a doubt to anyone.

Bottom line....I think you can do enough investigate questioning to determine if there is any truth in ownership

Warren

post #1218 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I would have told the manager of that Best Buy to suck it, and I would have been very tempted to report that particular experience to someone within the company that might actually give a $hit about the customer experience.
HLdan likes this.
post #1219 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:

back to original point...

It does not sound like the person had the most optimum Best Buy experience
However...I dont think this is common practice as I had an excellent one just yesterday where they bent over backwards

Warren
Well...

Different day, different experience.....complete 180.... oh and different Best Buy.

Was on my way back the store to see if I could talk to the theater manager...Decided at the last minute to take the exit before that exit and hit the other local Best Buy (not even 10 minutes from the other one)

Walked in, went back to the displays and a young kid came up to me and I asked him if they had any Sammy's Plasmas. He took be back into the Magnolia center and he had an open box on display for $2869. I told him straight up, what offer and experience I had at the other BB. We talked about the panels and cost. I asked if he knew how many hours were on it. He said it has only been on display for about 3 weeks. We tried to get into the service menu but mute 7-3-7 didn't seem to work. While we were trying to research that, the store GM came back and we went over the experience I had at the other store. Asked me what it would take to buy the tv. He said he could match the other store offer of 2500 but this tv had all the accessories....except that DAMN BOX! ;-)

I asked him about the Sound bar offer that is currently on these panels Free $250 basic Samsung sound bar or $250 off any other sound bar. The other BB had already told me that it did not apply to open box sales. But I asked anyway. So he said he would see of the system would let him enter it at purchase. He asked again what would make me happy, I told him 2 grand or as close to it.

Went over to the register and came back with $2200. I said ring it up! Went out to the floor to check out the free sound bar, it wasn't that impressive, so I looked at the next model up which listed for $399 and on sale for $299. It was a 320w version. Sounded much nicer and I went with that one for $50 more.

So back to checkout, turns out that the sound bar is not offered on open box sales, but the guy said don't worry I will take care of it.

So I walked out with a 64" (low hour) open box panel and sound bar for $2250 with $1700 going on the BB cc with 0% for 24 month financing.....
and I am okay with that

The wife on the other hand......

Need to go pick up the tv and sound bar at some point this weekend (if the wife doesn't kill me) I will need to put the wood working hat on and make some major modifications to my current entertainment center. 3ft off the top is in order
dsskid, I WANT MORE and HLdan like this.

Last edited by OilburnerDe; 09-05-2014 at 01:40 PM.
post #1220 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Glad you had a good outcome chances are the second B.B. manager achieves higher sales and profits than the first one and seems to know how to deal when appropriate !

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #1221 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well...

Different day, different experience.....complete 180.... oh and different Best Buy.

Was on my way back the store to see if I could talk to the theater manager...Decided at the last minute to take the exit before that exit and hit the other local Best Buy (not even 10 minutes from the other one)

Walked in, went back to the displays and a young kid came up to me and I asked him if they had any Sammy's Plasmas. He took be back into the Magnolia center and he had an open box on display for $2869. I told him straight up, what offer and experience I had at the other BB. We talked about the panels and cost. I asked if he knew how many hours were on it. He said it has only been on display for about 3 weeks. We tried to get into the service menu but mute 7-3-7 didn't seem to work. While we were trying to research that, the store GM came back and we went over the experience I had at the other store. Asked me what it would take to buy the tv. He said he could match the other store offer of 2500 but this tv had all the accessories....except that DAMN BOX! ;-)

I asked him about the Sound bar offer that is currently on these panels Free $250 basic Samsung sound bar or $250 off any other sound bar. The other BB had already told me that it did not apply to open box sales. But I asked anyway. So he said he would see of the system would let him enter it at purchase. He asked again what would make me happy, I told him 2 grand or as close to it.

Went over to the register and came back with $2200. I said ring it up! Went out to the floor to check out the free sound bar, it wasn't that impressive, so I looked at the next model up which listed for $399 and on sale for $299. It was a 320w version. Sounded much nicer and I went with that one for $50 more.

So back to checkout, turns out that the sound bar is not offered on open box sales, but the guy said don't worry I will take care of it.

So I walked out with a 64" (low hour) open box panel and sound bar for $2250 with $1700 going on the BB cc with 0% for 24 month financing.....
and I am okay with that

Need to go pick up the tv and sound bar at some point this weekend (if the wife doesn't kill me) I will need to put the wood working hat on and make some major modifications to my current entertainment center. 3ft off the top is in order

sounds like things worked out to your satisfaction
like any other large retailer...there are good experiences at best buy and some not so much
They bent over backwards for me yesterday and made the deal even sweeter on a denon 4520 AVR

you paid about what a couple of other people have mentioned they paid for open box 64" models...as I mentioned earlier in this thread
A while back...think it may have been in the f8500 owners thread...Someone bought a used one from a best buy employee
Apparently, or so he said. the BB employee was able to buy the Tv and the 4 year protection plan for5% over BB's cost
Based on the receipt he posted...Best Buy's cost is about $2K for the 64" f8500

Which jives with what my salesman told me at Conn's when he told me they were losing a few hundred on the Tv they sold me

At this point...any display at Best Buy...if I were looking, my offer would start at $2K, assuming the Tv was in good physical shape and had no issues

by the way....you said you had to go pick it up?

why no free delivery?

Warren

post #1222 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 02:44 PM

Yes, I am walking away satisfied.

I honestly wasn't aware that delivery was free.
I am not that worried about picking it up though. It should not be that big of an issue.
post #1223 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well...

and I am okay with that

RIGHT ON!!!! That's a great story. Good for you for not bowing down and returning to that BB store that treated you badly. You're the one giving them your hard earned money which keeps BB in business. I like how the manager at the other store asked you what would it take for you to be happy. That's a manager that is interested in satisfying a customer. You got a nice deal and I'm happy for you. Please report back after you get it home and set up. Share with us how you like it.

BTW, to show the hours on the Samsung F8500 it's "MUTE-737-ENTER". Most people forget that you have to press enter. Looked here and Googled until I found that.
post #1224 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am not that worried about picking it up though. It should not be that big of an issue.
yes free delivery on Tv's 51" and larger
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/home-sol...at339400050008

think that has been the program for them and a few other retailers for a few years now

I even bought a fire sale 60" low end Sharp LED, last December, that was open box and last years model( for $399)...and they delivered it to a friends house for free

BUT...up to you
That window of time they give you...typically 3 hours might not jive with your schedule and you just choose to pick it up on your own time

OTOH...if you want to sit there with your feet on the coffee table while they navigate yours steps etc and place it exactly where you want it

I can see how that would work for one as well...

Warren

post #1225 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Let BB deliver it since there's no box. Therefore if there's any shipping damage they are liable and they will either replace the set or give you a refund.
post #1226 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 4
F8500 Has Different Panels?

So, I found an online retailer who is selling the PN60F8500 for REALLY CHEAP... I call them up and find out, it is using a cheaper panel type, POSSIBLY a Pentile??? Its labeled a 2013-AU-CA.... They were willing to give me still a great deal on a regular panel 60f8500... But it has me questioning everything now.. Cuz I dont see ANYWHERE else mention a different panel type... Has anyone else seen this?
post #1227 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I believe that Samsung builds their own panels for this TV and is not any other panel. If I am not mistaken, this is a needless upsell and should be avoided at all costs. East Coast TV?
post #1228 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Let BB deliver it since there's no box. Therefore if there's any shipping damage they are liable and they will either replace the set or give you a refund.
outstanding idea.......hence the main reason why I said no box was needed
But something I would exercise even if there was a box...due to the bolded words above

they will also come back and pick it up should he decide to return it with the return period for any reason...

Warren

post #1229 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehale View Post
I believe that Samsung builds their own panels for this TV and is not any other panel. If I am not mistaken, this is a needless upsell and should be avoided at all costs. East Coast TV?

or Abe's or a few others..........

why do people buy from these guys?...bait and switch mania

Warren

post #1230 of 1315 Old 09-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
outstanding idea.......hence the main reason why I said no box was needed
But something I would exercise even if there was a box...due to the bolded words above

they will also come back and pick it up should he decide to return it with the return period for any reason...

Warren
Let's let this go okay? I'm really ready to move on. Besides, you're a bit close-minded and it's impossible to have a fair discussion with you.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn64f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page