Samsung f8500 pricing reduction? - Page 58 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 56  57  58 59  60  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! > Samsung f8500 pricing reduction?
Breathing Borla's Avatar Breathing Borla 02:22 PM 10-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
thanks for your help I really appreciate it. how would it work though since I didn't buy the TV there and it says the first two years are covered by costco?

would I get one year samsung then what?

Thanks

locomo's Avatar locomo 02:22 PM 10-29-2014
BuyDig has a $1600 Open Box free shipping
Need to use CLOSEOUT20 coupon code at check out
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...SAMPN64F8500OB
Inspect before signing.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 02:24 PM 10-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathing Borla View Post
thanks for your help I really appreciate it. how would it work though since I didn't buy the TV there and it says the first two years are covered by costco?

Thanks
It would be a 4 year warranty, not 5. First year Samsung and years 2, 3 and 4 are covered through ST. No year 5 coverage.
HX_Guy's Avatar HX_Guy 02:49 PM 10-29-2014
My Discover price match was approved today, 10/29 (submitted claim on 10/22)! Woohoo!
KPOD's Avatar KPOD 10:18 AM 10-30-2014
Anyone had luck using the movers coupon online? When I received it in my email this morning, it clearly said "instore and online use" but when it wouldn't let me apply it to my cart online, their little chat minions say the following:
Attached: movers.PNG (26.3 KB) 
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 10:48 AM 10-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOD View Post
Anyone had luck using the movers coupon online? When I received it in my email this morning, it clearly said "instore and online use" but when it wouldn't let me apply it to my cart online, their little chat minions say the following:
The coupon won't work on the F8500. There are a list of exclusions and certain level of TV's are excluded, including the F8500. The store manger would have to be willing to over ride it for you to get the discount but that can be very hit or miss, probably more miss then hit.
KPOD's Avatar KPOD 11:25 AM 10-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
The coupon won't work on the F8500. There are a list of exclusions and certain level of TV's are excluded, including the F8500. The store manger would have to be willing to over ride it for you to get the discount but that can be very hit or miss, probably more miss then hit.
So this is considered a "Select premium TV from Samsung"? Seems like how they classified TVs as "premium" would always be changing then, since 4k and OLED are what I'd consider "Premium TVs" these days.
dsskid's Avatar dsskid 12:10 PM 10-30-2014
Quote:
So this is considered a "Select premium TV from Samsung"? Seems like how they classified TVs as "premium" would always be changing then, since 4k and OLED are what I'd consider "Premium TVs" these days.
The F8500 plasma is Samsung's flagship plasma, which by the way won the 2013, and was a co-winner of 2014 VE annaual flat panel shootouts, so it's understandable why they would include it in their premium catagory.
bhasi's Avatar bhasi 12:59 PM 10-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Called Abt.com to let them know about my bad experience with the "white glove" shipping, they thanked me for the heads up and are sending me a $50 gift cert for the trouble. Very cool company, will definitely buy from them again.
I had the same experience with ABT delivery, the truck driver wanted me to rush the signature process and wheeled the TV into my door step. I tipped him to wait till I removed the package and powered ON and made sure it was working.
turnne1's Avatar turnne1 04:09 PM 10-30-2014
Quote:

I had luck with an instore purchase on an excluded item
I didn't even realize the item was excluded until someone here on AVS asked me how I got the deal I did

Anyway...the exclusion was hidden in the fine print
The salesperson didn't even scan it at the store they just took the 10% off when I pulled out the coupon

Its worth a try in the store..others had the same luck I did with the Denon 4520 receiver deal a month or so ago

Warren
StockInv's Avatar StockInv 03:22 PM 10-31-2014
Would the Costco Warranty cover dead pixels or just major component failures?
SGinAZ's Avatar SGinAZ 04:26 PM 10-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockInv View Post
It's a SquareTrade warranty sold through Costco. They post the two page policy on the site:

http://www.costco.com/wcsstore/Costc...Costco-TsC.pdf

And nope. Under what is not covered:

"Television or personal computer monitor screen imperfections, including "burn-in" or burned CRT phosphor."
turnne1's Avatar turnne1 12:54 PM 11-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockInv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGinAZ View Post
It's a SquareTrade warranty sold through Costco. They post the two page policy on the site:

http://www.costco.com/wcsstore/Costc...Costco-TsC.pdf

And nope. Under what is not covered:

"Television or personal computer monitor screen imperfections, including "burn-in" or burned CRT phosphor."

I think you will find that best buy has the best extended warranty out there....AND it is also the most expensive per dollar of merchandise spent

Its actually better than the manufacturer warranty is

Warren
Cozmo85's Avatar Cozmo85 06:06 PM 11-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathing Borla View Post

Thanks
Once it shows up in your squaretrade account you simply upload your receipt from the authorized dealer you bought it from. Thats all. It covers the manufacturers warranty + 3 years. So 4 years total if you dont buy the tv from costco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
I think you will find that best buy has the best extended warranty out there....AND it is also the most expensive per dollar of merchandise spent

Its actually better than the manufacturer warranty is

Warren
Yea, its a great warranty but something like $450.
turnne1's Avatar turnne1 06:19 PM 11-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post

Yea, its a great warranty but something like $450.

true
But BB warranty drops down as the price does
So..if you get one of these deals like others have gotten for sub $2K for a 64"...the warranty will drop as well

A couple of other considerations
if you think the Tv will ever be abused to the point where it will get burn in...and then need a new panel to repair it
OR
if you think you might want to resell the Tv in say 3 years...and receive the resale value lift due to the comprehensive warranty that goes with the TV

Then the BB warranty is your friend. if not you are better off with ST

I personally have a similar warranty to ST through my visa card...which is basically a manufacturer warranty
Had I bought the unit at BB I think I would have gone for the BB warranty. I have seen it make a difference when I sold a TV 3 years later

Warren
PeterLewis's Avatar PeterLewis 03:22 AM 11-02-2014
I was just on Samsungs site and they now have the 60F8500 listed for $1699 which is almost a $1000 less than what I paid over a month ago.

I wished I had the patience to have waited.
CountryBumkin's Avatar CountryBumkin 03:38 AM 11-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post
I was just on Samsungs site and they now have the 60F8500 listed for $1699 which is almost a $1000 less than what I paid over a month ago.

Once you buy your set, don't come back to this thread. It can only hurt. LOL
RWetmore's Avatar RWetmore 06:42 AM 11-02-2014
Yeah, all three sizes just had huge price drops. Check out Amazon.com

Get them while you can.
Breathing Borla's Avatar Breathing Borla 06:54 AM 11-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
Quote:

Once you buy your set, don't come back to this thread. It can only hurt. LOL
That's great advice lol, I think I'll take it, once it shows up time to unsubscribe from this and roll into to owners thread. I paid 2500 and I know others were able to go way under that, but that's ok I did the best I could nobody would price match the el cheapo internet sites for me
Cozmo85's Avatar Cozmo85 07:21 AM 11-02-2014
Glad i got mine for $1749, doesn't hurt as bad.
wfarrell4 07:31 AM 11-02-2014
Got my 64" from BB for $1959 BNIB
Rojo_P's Avatar Rojo_P 08:28 AM 11-02-2014
64" price remains the same.
brennok's Avatar brennok 08:37 AM 11-02-2014
Is East Coast the only one online currently listing the TV below $2499? I was thinking of trying to get one of the local BB to deal on one, but didn't know if there were any other sites I can use in case they turn down East Coast TVs.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 08:55 AM 11-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennok View Post
Is East Coast the only one online currently listing the TV below $2499? I was thinking of trying to get one of the local BB to deal on one, but didn't know if there were any other sites I can use in case they turn down East Coast TVs.
All authorized dealers will advertise the same price.
HLdan's Avatar HLdan 09:07 AM 11-02-2014
Quote:

Well Pete you're obviously not alone but I will say this, you made the right choice buying early. I wouldn't want to take the chance and not get the TV that I wanted. This is the final month of production so it's too risky to wait any longer. Sure, some of the risk takers or procrastinators may get a better deal but there's A higher risk for TV availability and I have zero interest in buying open box TVs.
B T C's Avatar B T C 09:32 AM 11-02-2014
Best Buy has the 60" listed at 1699 & the 51" at 1199. The 64" still shows 2499.
HLdan's Avatar HLdan 09:39 AM 11-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Best Buy has the 60" listed at 1699 & the 51" at 1199. The 64" still shows 2499.
And there's only four left of the 64 inch.
B T C's Avatar B T C 09:52 AM 11-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
And there's only four left of the 64 inch.
Amazon qty just dropped from 4 to 2. Best Buy said orders for the 64" were limted to 3, but not sure if that reflects the qty available. I got the same message for the 51".
cblandin's Avatar cblandin 10:25 AM 11-02-2014
Just ordered a 51" from BB - $1199 as noted above. If we can live with the Reflections (current TV is matte screen, but those no longer exist), I'm sure it will be a keeper...otherwise it'll be back in stock as a "open Box" at our local store and an even better deal for someone!
HX_Guy's Avatar HX_Guy 10:25 AM 11-02-2014
Dang I wonder why the 64" didn't drop...that's a pretty big price difference now between the 60" at $1700 and the 64" at $2500, seem like the 64" should have dropped to $2200.
Tags: Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
First ... 56  57  58 59  60  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop