Samsung f8500 pricing reduction? - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 286Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1861 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Member
 
applebonker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGinAZ View Post
Still wtg for the call to confirm tomorrow's delivery. We'll see how it goes.
Hope your luck is better than mine. FWIW, I know my local warehouse only had the one that they tried to deliver to me (open box). My warehouse is in the Chicagoland area, and judging by your name I'd guess you are in AZ, so you'd definitely be a different warehouse. Good luck!
applebonker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1862 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Member
 
applebonker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhartst View Post
Just a heads up to all that I tried purchasing the 60" from Best Buy yesterday and they couldn't take my order in store or online.
Odd. After spending over an hour on the phone with BB reps, they continued to tell me they could place a new order (for the 64" though) and schedule that for delivery. Given recent experience, I'm hesitant to do that. Also, the credit from the cancelled order hasn't hit my CC yet so I didn't want to place another order and have me bumping up against the credit limit on that card.
applebonker is offline  
post #1863 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Member
 
cvman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGinAZ View Post
Wow! Now that is amazing... A perfect example of why we inspect deliveries for damage and evidence of mishandling.

Are BB deliveries by uniformed BB employees or do they use third party companies?
Usually contracted 3rd parties. You can usually tell via a plain white truck vs a BB logo truck. I got called by the 3rd party for my own TV delivery.
cvman is offline  
 
post #1864 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Member
 
cvman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by applebonker View Post
Wasn't about to risk that. If I signed off on it I'm sure they would've claimed all damage was my fault since I took delivery.



Don't think so. The first thing the delivery guy asked me was if the TV was supposed to be new. I said yes and his response was "I told them that, but they sent the wrong thing".



What protective film? This particular delivery had none. Also, nothing protecting the screen. The styrofoam packing was directly in contact with the screen.

As a side note, the saga continues. I called BB today to work on scheduling a delivery of the correct item to find out that my order had been cancelled. Apparently, if you refuse delivery because they sent the wrong (though they claim it wasn't - open box vs new doesn't apparently count as different) item your order will be cancelled. I knew I should have purchased from a more reputable retailer...
In my case, I checked local availability (BB 10 miles from home) when I ordered on line. TV was NIB and the only one they had at that store. I actually went and checked at the store. When I placed order on line to get my 5% Discover discount, it was pulled from the local store inventory and sent to a distribution center 30 miles away. A 3rd party contracted shipper actually delivered the TV. All the edges on the bezel of the TV and stand had a plastic protective film covering them. There was no protective film or even cardboard against the actual screen. I was able to confirm store where the TV came from simply by looking at the original shipping labels.
cvman is offline  
post #1865 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Newbie
 
RustyK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyK78 View Post
This past Sunday, I to a BB store in Chicago to show wife the difference between 64" and 60". We decided on the 60" because the extra 4" did not justify the huge price difference. Saw that they lowered the price, so was motivated to buy it there. I was comparing pice and points being offered between BB and my EPP plan from my job. The sales man threw in $100 off of a blu ray player. I pulled the trigger with BB. During the order process, rep called his manager over. Manager said that he couldn't do it because they could not sale a tv they did not have in stock. Bummer for me.

Went home and ordered online from the BB website. I chose a delivery date, and my order went through. It is pending on my card and I have an confirmation text and email from BB. I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe ordering online is different than actually ordering in store?
So, a quick update for my order. I ordered the 60" on Sunday, after I went in store and I was told that the in store BB reps could not complete the order. Disappointing, very since the guy was trying to get me to buy right then and there and offered $100 off of any Samsung blu-Ray player. I went home and made an order online. The order went through with the specific delivery date that zip wanted. I even got the 5 year warranty. I got the confirmation email with a working confirmation number.

Last night I got an automated call that stated my delivery was still scheduled for today. My delivery time was for 7:30am to 9:30am (yeah, kind of early). I went online and my status was up to date and still pending. I got up early, cleaned, moved things around and started to wait. My delivery time came and went. No call, no text message, no one from Best Buy has reached out to me. It is now 4:40pm and I still don't have a brand new tv in my place. I call the 800 number, got a rep who asked if I was here all day because they tried to deliver during scheduled delivery time. I basically told her that was ******** (didn't use that word exactly, because it would be rude and she's just doing her job, but she understood what I was saying) because my wife and I have been here the whole time and no one has contacted me, rang our bell, knocked on our door, thrown rocks at our window, etc. She put me on hold a little while longer and the came back with the explanation that they did not have the TV in, so that's the reason why it wasn't delivered. So, they didn't have the tv at all, or they don't have one right now? She did not know. Why wasn't I contacted? She did not know. Did they still even have the tv? Yes they did, but earliest they could deliver would be this Thursday. Well, that isn't acceptable for me because I made plans and specifically scheduled it for TODAY.

The warehouse manager is suppose to contact me, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. Mind you, this tv is already paid for and POSTED.

I'm going to complain, because this situation is ridiculous. Does anyone have a number other than the 888-237-8289 one, or the customercare@bestbuy.com email address that I should use?
RustyK78 is offline  
post #1866 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I purchased a 60" from BB last weekend and had it delivered today. The 3rd party delivery guys brought it in, unboxed it, and set it up. Definitely a NIB unit. I checked for dead/stuck pixels, buzz, banding, and DSE. No trouble found. The picture is amazing. Just sitting back and enjoying it now.
bilsef is offline  
post #1867 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Member
 
SGinAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyK78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyK78 View Post
This past Sunday, I to a BB store in Chicago to show wife the difference between 64" and 60". We decided on the 60" because the extra 4" did not justify the huge price difference. Saw that they lowered the price, so was motivated to buy it there. I was comparing pice and points being offered between BB and my EPP plan from my job. The sales man threw in $100 off of a blu ray player. I pulled the trigger with BB. During the order process, rep called his manager over. Manager said that he couldn't do it because they could not sale a tv they did not have in stock. Bummer for me.

Went home and ordered online from the BB website. I chose a delivery date, and my order went through. It is pending on my card and I have an confirmation text and email from BB. I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe ordering online is different than actually ordering in store?
So, a quick update for my order. I ordered the 60" on Sunday, after I went in store and I was told that the in store BB reps could not complete the order. Disappointing, very since the guy was trying to get me to buy right then and there and offered $100 off of any Samsung blu-Ray player. I went home and made an order online. The order went through with the specific delivery date that zip wanted. I even got the 5 year warranty. I got the confirmation email with a working confirmation number.

Last night I got an automated call that stated my delivery was still scheduled for today. My delivery time was for 7:30am to 9:30am (yeah, kind of early). I went online and my status was up to date and still pending. I got up early, cleaned, moved things around and started to wait. My delivery time came and went. No call, no text message, no one from Best Buy has reached out to me. It is now 4:40pm and I still don't have a brand new tv in my place. I call the 800 number, got a rep who asked if I was here all day because they tried to deliver during scheduled delivery time. I basically told her that was ******** (didn't use that word exactly, because it would be rude and she's just doing her job, but she understood what I was saying) because my wife and I have been here the whole time and no one has contacted me, rang our bell, knocked on our door, thrown rocks at our window, etc. She put me on hold a little while longer and the came back with the explanation that they did not have the TV in, so that's the reason why it wasn't delivered. So, they didn't have the tv at all, or they don't have one right now? She did not know. Why wasn't I contacted? She did not know. Did they still even have the tv? Yes they did, but earliest they could deliver would be this Thursday. Well, that isn't acceptable for me because I made plans and specifically scheduled it for TODAY.

The warehouse manager is suppose to contact me, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. Mind you, this tv is already paid for and POSTED.

I'm going to complain, because this situation is ridiculous. Does anyone have a number other than the 888-237-8289 one, or the customercare@bestbuy.com email address that I should use?
Sounds like you're in the Chicago area like the poster with the open box delivery. Seems there is a pattern there.
SGinAZ is offline  
post #1868 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Newbie
 
RustyK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, I am in the Chicago area, but I won't be accepting any open box TVs. I paid for a brand new TV, so I expect a brand new TV. I'll pick it up myself, if I have to. (Speaking of picking it up myself, does anyone know if a 60" or 64" will fit in a Dodge Caravan/Chrysler T&C with stow n go seating?).

I wanted to use Best Buy for the warranty, but that's not a deal breaker for me. So far, BB is blowing it. Fry's has some in stock, or at least that's what it says online, so I could go over there and pick one up.
RustyK78 is offline  
post #1869 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CruelInventions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 5,593
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 788
... I get the impression Frys (in Downers Grove) only keeps 2-3 on hand. So, I would call them and ask for someone in the dept. to check their computer to verify stock before you head over there.

They are only stocking the 60", btw. At least they were the last time I was in there, a few weeks ago.

Quote:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard P. Feynman
CruelInventions is offline  
post #1870 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Great piece of equipment
Fcarollo is offline  
post #1871 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Member
 
sarends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I ordered a 64" F8500 on Thursday of this week and it is supposed to be delivered Monday.
sarends is offline  
post #1872 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Member
 
SGinAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyK78 View Post
Yes, I am in the Chicago area, but I won't be accepting any open box TVs. I paid for a brand new TV, so I expect a brand new TV. I'll pick it up myself, if I have to. ...
I wouldn't either but was really referring to poor delivery experiences from BB in your area in general. Fingers crossed you get it worked out satisfactorily. I'm still waiting for my night before delivery time call...
SGinAZ is offline  
post #1873 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
igreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northern California
Posts: 3,067
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGinAZ View Post
Just got an e-mail confirmation from BB that my delivery has been "rescheduled" for tomorrow. Tomorrow was my originally scheduled date so whatever... At least that tells me I'm on their calendar.


You will want to connect your set-top box (or your Blu-ray player if you connect your set-top box directly to your HDTV) to your TV via HDMI Port Three as HDMI Port Three contains the audio return channel (ARC). That is your receiver has ARC. That way the sound from your Samsung apps will play through your receiver. At least that is my understanding; have yet to verify. Others?

Last edited by igreg; 11-08-2014 at 08:09 PM.
igreg is offline  
post #1874 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Member
 
jaeraga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax View Post
What would make anyone think this TV will be a black Friday item?????. Its a risky gamble IMO, and what would you be saving?? Maybe a hundred or two???
Watch your blood pressure, you're taking things too seriously. Who thought this will be a Black Friday item? I just said i'd wait until Black Friday. And yes, I don't mind waiting another 3 wks. if it will save me a 'hundred or two'. And if by then they ran out of this TV, well too bad for me. I'm not going to cry about it, its just a TV, life goes on..
jaeraga is offline  
post #1875 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Member
 
ComradeBrehznev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Morgan Hill CA
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilsef View Post
I purchased a 60" from BB last weekend and had it delivered today. The 3rd party delivery guys brought it in, unboxed it, and set it up. Definitely a NIB unit. I checked for dead/stuck pixels, buzz, banding, and DSE. No trouble found. The picture is amazing. Just sitting back and enjoying it now.
Aren't you lucky! I ordered the 60" on 10/28 for $1999. It was scheduled for delivery Sat 11/1. Fri night was called and told the delivery was set for 4-6pm. Got a call at 10am Sat saying they can't deliver b/c it was not received from the factory!
Fine. I was looking at Frys and saw it for $1699 so I applied for the price match, but that same night BB lowered their price.
My delivery was rescheduled for today, 4-6pm, another whole day of sticking around waiting. They called at 5:30 and said they were late and see you at 6:20. They brought in the huge box and had me sign the Manifest. I had prepared my 50" wall mount plasma so it was ready to lift and remove; then I was going to move the bracket to the new one and have the guys help me heft back up. That's it. Well, they don't do that. In fact they would not even unbox the new TV.
There website says this:
Delivery
Some items require scheduled delivery due to their size and weight. These items include major appliances, TVs 51" or larger and furniture.
For most items, delivery includes:
  • Haul-away and recycling of your old item. Or we'll move it to another place in your home.
  • Basic hookup of your new item.
Note: Some appliances (such as dishwashers and many gas appliances) require specialty installation, which must be purchased separately.

In addition, the Manifest they gave me has two items:

SKU # 8913713 FMS PRODU / INSTALLATION 012 / DELIVERIES FMS PRODUCT DELIVE
SKU # 8245278 PN60F8500A/ SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS / MHT 55” + PDP SAMSUNG

So the first line looks like “INSTALLATION”.



But none of that mattered....

ComradeBrehznev
Oppo UDP203, Epson 5040UB; Visual Apex 120" screen converted to AT
with Seymour Center Stage XD material
Denon AVR-3313CI receiver, Emotiva XPA-2 for FR & FL
SVS Ultra Towers, SVS Ultra Bookshelf center,
SVS PB12-NSD & PB-2000 subwoofers; Emotiva UAW6.2 surrounds, Aperion 4BP backs
ComradeBrehznev is offline  
post #1876 of 3255 Old 11-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So, all of the Best Buys in the area are OOS, with the exception of one open box and another this is currently on hold for another customer. I am on the live chat with Samsung right now trying to find out if they plan to ship anymore to authorized dealers, but I can't get anything out of them besides purchasing online directly through them or to contact their sales department.

Given that, would it better to purchased directly from Samsung or through Amazon. Price aside, out of the two which would have a more competent delivery party, because either way if something is wrong with the set I am going to have to ship it back. Of course I would like to go the B&M route and save that possible headache, but that might not be possible after I talk to their sales department.
abweichung is offline  
post #1877 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Newbie
 
RustyK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Another update. Called BB to get a status on my order. Got a very helpful gentleman. They can see that I ordered the TV, it was confirmed, the address and contact information is correct and it was put on the truck for delivery. But then the information/trail just stops. I would need to call back when the warehouse is open, in order to get some more answers. Fine, I'll call them when they open at 8, I thanked the guy and hung up. Less than a minute later, he called me back to inform me that the warehouse. Was closed on Sundays. Fine, I want to cancel my entire order. We can cancel the order, BUT we would have to wait until the warehouse is open in order to find out the status of that TV that is still on the truck. So, I can't cancel my order until Monday morning at 8am, when the warehouse is open. I thought that BB did make deliveries on Sundays. Anyone?

So, I also tried to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but I got an error during the second step. That step is when you are supposed to enter a businesses name and location. I'm hoping that I got the error because their site is jacked up, or that it's a windows based program and I'm using an ipad. I'll try to on the desktop a little later on.

Best Buy probably just lost my business.

Oh, just checked online at BB and the 60" is still available, but the home delivery option is NOT available. A message in red pops up ans states that this product is no longer being offered for home delivery, only in store pick up. (For now)

Last edited by RustyK78; 11-09-2014 at 05:01 AM. Reason: New, additional information
RustyK78 is offline  
post #1878 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
got a new PN60F8500AFXZA sort of

Purchased PN60F8500AFXZA from BB yesterday. They would not budge on price or accept the 10% off moving coupon. I decided the TV was worth the price and they had 2 in stock. Got home and with some help from a neighbor got it in to the house. Start to unpack it and there are signs that this is an open box used set there was no protective film on the bottom of the set or the stand. The screw holes on the back were scuffed indicating the stand had been previously mounted. I still finished setting up the TV and turned it on. The menu that walks you through set up did not pop up. I had to scroll the input to find my cable box as the inputs had been renamed. I contacted the salesman at BB, told him he sold me a used set. He said he was not aware that it was a used set. I told him this set is going back and he needed to make sure I get a new one. He got back to me telling me that they will be getting a new shipment in on Tuesday afternoon but I will have to drag the large TV back for return/replacement. A lot of unnecessary hassle. This is my first negative experience with BB.
richierichu is offline  
post #1879 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,603
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by richierichu View Post
Purchased PN60F8500AFXZA from BB yesterday. They would not budge on price or accept the 10% off moving coupon. I decided the TV was worth the price and they had 2 in stock. Got home and with some help from a neighbor got it in to the house. Start to unpack it and there are signs that this is an open box used set there was no protective film on the bottom of the set or the stand. The screw holes on the back were scuffed indicating the stand had been previously mounted. I still finished setting up the TV and turned it on. The menu that walks you through set up did not pop up. I had to scroll the input to find my cable box as the inputs had been renamed. I contacted the salesman at BB, told him he sold me a used set. He said he was not aware that it was a used set. I told him this set is going back and he needed to make sure I get a new one. He got back to me telling me that they will be getting a new shipment in on Tuesday afternoon but I will have to drag the large TV back for return/replacement. A lot of unnecessary hassle. This is my first negative experience with BB.
I would speak to a manager and have them pick up the used set and deliver the new one. I would not waste time with the salesman. I would also try and get some kind of discount for the trouble. They probably new it was a used TV even.
eric3316 is offline  
post #1880 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
batt50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: nyc
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
On a brighter note, my 64'' was delivered today a little after 10 am. I got worried when I noticed a small tear on the box. Luckily, everything inside was intact and clean. The delivery crew unboxed, attached the stand, and connected the tv. Very professional and patient. They called twice this morning before showing up. The tv is flawless. After reading a few horror stories on this thread this week, I can finally relax.

batt50 is offline  
post #1881 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Member
 
Kalamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
After watching these threads for a couple weeks, seeing all the local units selling out (nothing w/in 50 miles in a showroom now), AND having waited too long and missed out on the Pannys last year, I decided too much price watching was going to be my downfall again. Just ordered from Chris at Cleveland. At this point in time, I would only save a hundred bucks trying to deal with East Coast. Not worth the (potential) hassle to me. Now to pick a blu-ray player to update my old Oppo 83.
Kalamath is offline  
post #1882 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Newbie
 
RustyK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I went ahead and filed a BBB complaint. We'll see what happens with that. In the mean time, I need to have a back up plan in case Best Buy cannot make my situation right. At the time of my order, 11/2, the prices were pretty much the same for everyone. The only reasons I chose Best Buy was that:

1. I could get Saturday delivery. I work insane hours during the week and I can't make it home or get time off to wait for a delivery. If I knew that a retailer had the item in question in stock, I wouln't necessarily mind going to pick it up myself.

2. The Best Buy warranty. I've heard so much about the warranty, so I decided to give it a try. At this point, I might have to go to another retailer which will not have a warranty that's as good as BB's.

What are people's suggestions for retailers and warranties?
RustyK78 is offline  
post #1883 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CruelInventions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 5,593
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeraga View Post
Watch your blood pressure, you're taking things too seriously. Who thought this will be a Black Friday item? I just said i'd wait until Black Friday. And yes, I don't mind waiting another 3 wks. if it will save me a 'hundred or two'. And if by then they ran out of this TV, well too bad for me. I'm not going to cry about it, its just a TV, life goes on..
Your post seems contradictory. On one hand, you state, "Who thought this will be a Black Friday item? I just said i'd wait until Black Friday." On the other hand you say, "I don't mind waiting another 3 wks. if it will save me a 'hundred or two'."

This is not the type of TV that will be featured with a BF discount. Unless you are waiting for an unrelated reason? Such as, "I'm not ready to buy anyway" or "maybe some other TV I like will be discounted then" or you're hoping that some seller will drop the price for some reason other than BF. If that's the case, then fine. wait.
CruelInventions is offline  
post #1884 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there any particular reason no one is ordering directly from Samsung or Amazon, besides hoping to talk their way into a better deal? I'm thinking about going directly through Samsung if I hear back from sales with bad news.

And then for warranty, I'm probably going to go the Costco/SquareTrade route. It's not as comprehensive as Best Buy's, but you'd think all of the things that aren't covered by ST would get hammered out under the mfr warranty. I read that this TV (maybe the 2013 batch?) has a faulty power supply that could go out after warranty, so the ST should cover things like that.
abweichung is offline  
post #1885 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
For my hassle I think I should be compensated in some way. I am thinking of asking for free 4 year warranty and a wall mount or 10% off and a wall mount. I would like one or the other and maybe pay a discounted price for wall mount.
richierichu is offline  
post #1886 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Member
 
Kalamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by abweichung View Post
Is there any particular reason no one is ordering directly from Samsung or Amazon, besides hoping to talk their way into a better deal?
Sales tax? I know it's not earth shattering, but that's enough scratch to buy a bunch of blu rays, or some decent cables, etc... That was my main reason. That, and I don't like haggling.
Kalamath is offline  
post #1887 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 01:36 PM
 
NorthSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Star of the Northern Hemisphere
Posts: 16,653
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3557
For people who returned their F8500; are some of them resold as brand new?
NorthSky is offline  
post #1888 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Member
 
cvman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by richierichu View Post
Purchased PN60F8500AFXZA from BB yesterday. They would not budge on price or accept the 10% off moving coupon. I decided the TV was worth the price and they had 2 in stock. Got home and with some help from a neighbor got it in to the house. Start to unpack it and there are signs that this is an open box used set there was no protective film on the bottom of the set or the stand. The screw holes on the back were scuffed indicating the stand had been previously mounted. I still finished setting up the TV and turned it on. The menu that walks you through set up did not pop up. I had to scroll the input to find my cable box as the inputs had been renamed. I contacted the salesman at BB, told him he sold me a used set. He said he was not aware that it was a used set. I told him this set is going back and he needed to make sure I get a new one. He got back to me telling me that they will be getting a new shipment in on Tuesday afternoon but I will have to drag the large TV back for return/replacement. A lot of unnecessary hassle. This is my first negative experience with BB.
Clear that it is an open box demo or return . Selling it for new is just plain wrong!
cvman is offline  
post #1889 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Member
 
cvman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
For people who returned their F8500; are some of them resold as brand new?
Might depend on the state consumer protection law. If the item is unopened or tried, than new. If opened or handled, used.
cvman is offline  
post #1890 of 3255 Old 11-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Member
 
KPOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Gonna go to the local Worst Buy tomorrow and see if I can talk my friend that works there into accepting one of the 10% off coupons I have (movers coupon and BB card coupon). I really want the 64", just having a hard time accepting the $800 premium over the 60". Coming from a 120" projector screen so I want as big a screen as I can get, just not sure if it's worth it. What do you guys think, last great plasma so I might as well go big?
KPOD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off