Samsung f8500 pricing reduction? - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 286Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1981 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Member
 
applebonker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
I would imagine that BB/Magnolia is by far the largest customer Samsung has in the United States in regard to TV sales

That being said...if anyone got "shorted" I cant imagine it would be them
No doubt. I am just imagining that Samsung has/had a specific date for halting production and I doubt open orders would impact that date. Couple that with BB's system showing inventory at stores that have none, or showing inventory that happens to be an open box/demo item, or that BB may have over-committed and accepted more orders from customers than they can satisfy with open POs to Samsung, I am not as confident as others that an order placed today (since you still can) will be filled. I hope for everyone's sake they are though.
applebonker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1982 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
More like the customer from hell.

yes...if it was a BB customer I am surprised they didn't hit the "can no longer return list"


I have heard a couple of people else where say that they can no longer return items to BB


I guess they have some type of software that's tracks frequent returners and have decided it makes sense to pass on those type of customers




Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #1983 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Member
 
wwxww's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
you sound like a very patient individual with all the buying and returning


Warren
I wish... others helped with the madness.
here is the photo we took last night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	366985  
wwxww is offline  
 
post #1984 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Member
 
wwxww's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
More like the customer from hell.
Agreed...oh, wait...never mind...I am a hell of a customer.




Two came from BB
wwxww is offline  
post #1985 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Freaking out...

After my 4th call with Discover, I finally found a way how I could get the 60inch with my credit limit of 1500USD and still get the price protection (solution: split the payment up into two or more...)


Now I am trying to find the 60inch, but I can not find it anywhere anymore?

Anyone have a recommendation?

I have been researching this TV now for 2 weeks and now its gone????

Please help.
mrwho27 is offline  
post #1986 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Member
 
TexBiz04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually BB uses a 3rd party to track returns. I had originally purchased my 60" through their website but wasn't able to pick it up since I didn't know the TV couldn't be tilted in transport. Since they didn't offer to deliver it I just cancelled my order. I tried to get a refund over the phone but they said they couldn't process it and gave me the number to the 3rd party. At first they said I had returned a $50 item a few months ago so I was being denied a return. Turns out that they were using someone else's drivers license number which is how they track it. I guess if you return anything than you are tracked for 90 days from that return and you may have trouble returning something else. Pretty ridiculous policy if you only return a few items and you are a good customer otherwise.

I did however get ABT to drop the 60" to $1,500 though and it was a much better buying experience. Would recommend
TexBiz04 is offline  
post #1987 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Bruceko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Brier, Wa, USA
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
There is a west coast longshoremen slow down (no contract) that is delaying ships from being unloaded. this ma effect when BB gets further shipments if there are any more coming.
Bruceko is offline  
post #1988 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
igreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northern California
Posts: 3,067
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwxww View Post
List
panel #1 keeping
panel#2 loud audible frequency
panel#3 same
panel#4 same
panel#5 same
panel#6 same
panel#7 keeping
These panels all operated fine, besides the normal flaws with the F8500
Do you or others have ideas why some of the 8500's buzz and others do not? Thanks.

Last edited by igreg; 11-14-2014 at 05:09 PM.
igreg is offline  
post #1989 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Member
 
fatswillie123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post
Yes, they are getting more.



Not sure who you spoke to, but there is more inventory coming in. You will get your TV. The Best Buy system lists anything more than 14 days out as a backorder. So that may be your designation, but it is not indicative of the status. The system will start blocking orders if stores sell more than is coming in. The only caveat being, some stores override the system warnings in order to push orders through in some cases. Doing this would allow an order to be placed that would never come in. That said, there are still more coming in than have been sold so far. So any current open orders should have no problem fulfilling.
Your explanation sounds good.....my "catch 22" is by the time BB possibly craps out on me in a couple weeks, I won't have bargaining power on a new 64" because I'm sure by then they will all be gone....Keeping my fingers crossed.
fatswillie123 is offline  
post #1990 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Member
 
applebonker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looks like Amazon has a few of the 64s back in inventory?

Edit: if they did, they don't appear to have lasted long.

Last edited by applebonker; 11-14-2014 at 06:13 PM.
applebonker is offline  
post #1991 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwxww View Post
Agreed...oh, wait...never mind...I am a hell of a customer.




Two came from BB

well hopefully you spread the other buy and return scenarios around to other retailers...so that no one retailer was hit too hard


I can't imagine if 4 were returned to the same retailer that you were a customer that they really wanted to see more of...unless of course you bought $10-15K( or more) or merchandise that you didn't return
and even better if the $10-15K( or more) was speakers where they typically make more profit


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #1992 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post
Do you or others have ideas why some of the 8500's buzz and others do not? Thanks.
been discussed many times


all plasma's buzz.....
There seem to be different variations among sizes and even to a lesser extent individual TV's of the same size....and even added to this some people that hear buzz more than others( using the same TV)
Some say Samsung has of a buzz than Panasonic plasmas
One things for sure.....if you are concerned about this watch your TV with a full white screen
if what you hear is intolerable...then you need to make another buying decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatswillie123 View Post
Your explanation sounds good.....my "catch 22" is by the time BB possibly craps out on me in a couple weeks, I won't have bargaining power on a new 64" because I'm sure by then they will all be gone....Keeping my fingers crossed.

why not just buy it now?......do you actually need a Tv or you just looking to buy if you get a deal?


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #1993 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by applebonker View Post
Looks like Amazon has a few of the 64s back in inventory?

Edit: if they did, they don't appear to have lasted long.

was Amazon the seller..or was it an Amazon marketplace seller?


I haven't seen Amazon have 64" models in a while




Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #1994 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Member
 
applebonker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
was Amazon the seller..or was it an Amazon marketplace seller?

I haven't seen Amazon have 64" models in a while
Amazon was the seller. It was showing 5 in stock when I looked. There was also an odd note that I've never seen before. Something along the lines of the shipment will qualify for Prime, but only after processing which would be delayed. Looked like the earliest available delivery date was 11/25/14 for what that's worth.

Wondering if I should've jumped in case my only open order right now falls through...
applebonker is offline  
post #1995 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Member
 
wwxww's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post
Do you or others have ideas why some of the 8500's buzz and others do not? Thanks.
We came to the conclusion that the Y-Main and X-Main boards emit most all of the audible frequencies that are hard on the ears and seem cheaply built compared to the panasonics. Some are louder than others and they look assembled with very different care. But also we all agreed that the aluminum inner frame is the reason that all these panels make noise front and center and from 0 to 35-45 degrees. These riveted inner frames vary in tightness or rigidity which causes these panel to resonate at different frequencies and db's. There are no plastic washers anywhere to help with the resonance, meaning that every board, rivet, etc are all metal to metal which may or may not have helped. Also, if you read my other posts you may get a better idea, IDK. These panels needed more time and better inner components and design. I will say this...the March '13 build is the best overall panel and the Oct '14 was the worst. The July '14 has the most stunning PQ, but the harshest sound and am keeping it for sports. These panels make a sound like when you overclock a cpu or graphics card.
I am a novice, so take this with a grain of salt...

edit: they all buzz, not some...imo

Last edited by wwxww; 11-14-2014 at 06:54 PM.
wwxww is offline  
post #1996 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Member
 
koederitzw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwho27 View Post
Freaking out...

After my 4th call with Discover, I finally found a way how I could get the 60inch with my credit limit of 1500USD and still get the price protection (solution: split the payment up into two or more...)


Now I am trying to find the 60inch, but I can not find it anywhere anymore?

Anyone have a recommendation?

I have been researching this TV now for 2 weeks and now its gone????

Please help.
I tried this and it did not work. Discover provided me with many solutions that did not work. I assume you pre paid an amount to discover in order to spend more than your credit limit? The problem is once you complete the first transaction, that amount is deducted from your credit limit and will not use your pre paid amount until the transaction posts. This usually takes at least one day and most company's cannot pause your order over night for you to finish the remaining transaction the next day. I also had the idea of putting on two separate cards then returning the other card amount to be put on my discover but that would not work either because most company's cannot return partial amounts as the entire item price must be returned before changing payment.
koederitzw is offline  
post #1997 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Member
 
wwxww's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
well hopefully you spread the other buy and return scenarios around to other retailers...so that no one retailer was hit too hard


I can't imagine if 4 were returned to the same retailer that you were a customer that they really wanted to see more of...unless of course you bought $10-15K( or more) or merchandise that you didn't return
and even better if the $10-15K( or more) was speakers where they typically make more profit


Warren
I understand where you are coming from and feel very much the same. I spend most of my money on cars, electronics, my house and camp, and family. I do not return things. This was a very special circumstance and because of our relationship with our AV salesman, he has no problem with the returns. Only the panels were removed from the boxes. Everything else stayed packaged as if new with only minutes on the panels. They will be sold close to or at the same price as new.
wwxww is offline  
post #1998 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Member
 
marcelo19lp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
HOLY COW!! I have pretty sensitive hearing, but not that picky. Did you record any of the loud audible frequencies that you were hearing? 7 sets!
marcelo19lp is offline  
post #1999 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Member
 
wwxww's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo19lp View Post
HOLY COW!! I have pretty sensitive hearing, but not that picky. Did you record any of the loud audible frequencies that you were hearing? 7 sets!
from do all plasmas buzz

If by "buzz" you mean do all plasmas, tv's, f8500's, or some other electronic devices emit an audible frequency, then yes. Weather or not you are able or supposed to hear them under normal conditions is the question. I have read people saying "mine doesn't buzz" or "you must have super hearing." All f8500's that I have had, tested, viewed, opened up, and possess/ed, all emitted this awful frequency. Some are worst than others. I had 4 running at once last week turning them on and off trying to pick out the least annoying. I have an Extech SPL ANSI s1.4 meter we used to try and help the cause. Nope...only helped in determining where the sound was coming from and which tv was how loud. The 2nd to loudest measured is a keeper. Why? Because the tone is tolerable compared the others despite the slightly less PQ. The audible frequency from these tv's can be bad and just to help it out a bit, there is kind of like a crackling or pulsating sound mixed in. The last of the f's I ordered will be here tomorrow. Wish I would be saying I can't wait, but I can. BTW, the last one was an Oct'14 build and was the loudest and most annoying frequency. ALL televisions emit an audible "buzz", so for the people who are "lucky" enough to have an F or plasma that does not, the only thing you are lucky enough to have is less than optimal hearing. In this case is a good thing...hell, some people can't see the color green. Never herd any of them tell others that they must have amazing vision if they can see the color of grass.
edit:done
StinDaWg likes this.
wwxww is offline  
post #2000 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Member
 
marcelo19lp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sensitive Ears

To me, I came to a conclusion just like in cars, which is my thing ( GTR jaja) The more you read and look for problems, even though its not a problem, you make it a problem. For the buzzing, I had all my friends, family etc come over, and no one hears any buzzing, except me if I want to be nit picky. On movie scenes, where is dead quite, the buzz is very low. But if I watch a talk show, sometimes the buzz is a little louder to me, If I'm looking for it, everyone else doesn't hear a thing. My has a built date of August 2014 and made in Mexico. Enjoy the TV!!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by wwxww View Post
from do all plasmas buzz

If by "buzz" you mean do all plasmas, tv's, f8500's, or some other electronic devices emit an audible frequency, then yes. Weather or not you are able or supposed to hear them under normal conditions is the question. I have read people saying "mine doesn't buzz" or "you must have super hearing." All f8500's that I have had, tested, viewed, opened up, and possess/ed, all emitted this awful frequency. Some are worst than others. I had 4 running at once last week turning them on and off trying to pick out the least annoying. I have an Extech SPL ANSI s1.4 meter we used to try and help the cause. Nope...only helped in determining where the sound was coming from and which tv was how loud. The 2nd to loudest measured is a keeper. Why? Because the tone is tolerable compared the others despite the slightly less PQ. The audible frequency from these tv's can be bad and just to help it out a bit, there is kind of like a crackling or pulsating sound mixed in. The last of the f's I ordered will be here tomorrow. Wish I would be saying I can't wait, but I can. BTW, the last one was an Oct'14 build and was the loudest and most annoying frequency. ALL televisions emit an audible "buzz", so for the people who are "lucky" enough to have an F or plasma that does not, the only thing you are lucky enough to have is less than optimal hearing. In this case is a good thing...hell, some people can't see the color green. Never herd any of them tell others that they must have amazing vision if they can see the color of grass.
edit:done
marcelo19lp is offline  
post #2001 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 08:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwxww View Post
. I do not return things. This was a very special circumstance and because of our relationship with our AV salesman, he has no problem with the returns. Only the panels were removed from the boxes. Everything else stayed packaged as if new with only minutes on the panels. They will be sold close to or at the same price as new.

Clearly you do return things....even if this is the only item


An open box Tv of this caliber vs a sealed box is a few hundred off in market value


As I said before
Larger retailers/etailers are tracking returns with software these days
I don't know the threshold of when they tell you that you cant return any longer...but there is one


As a business model they have decided that there are certain people that they clearly don't want to do business with


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #2002 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwxww View Post
We came to the conclusion that the Y-Main and X-Main boards emit most all of the audible frequencies that are hard on the ears and seem cheaply built compared to the panasonics.

who came to this conclusion?


I have an Panasonic ST50 and ST60...as well as a Samsung E8000 and f8500


they all buzz to a degree..especially with a full while background on the screen




Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #2003 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 08:19 PM
 
NorthSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Star of the Northern Hemisphere
Posts: 16,653
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3557
Warren, are you an audio/video dealer?
NorthSky is offline  
post #2004 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Member
 
wwxww's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo19lp View Post
To me, I came to a conclusion just like in cars, which is my thing ( GTR jaja) The more you read and look for problems, even though its not a problem, you make it a problem. For the buzzing, I had all my friends, family etc come over, and no one hears any buzzing, except me if I want to be nit picky. On movie scenes, where is dead quite, the buzz is very low. But if I watch a talk show, sometimes the buzz is a little louder to me, If I'm looking for it, everyone else doesn't hear a thing. My has a built date of August 2014 and made in Mexico. Enjoy the TV!!!
Agreed.

(F350 FTW)

I am really enjoying this last tv.
wwxww is offline  
post #2005 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
pochoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was waiting for my BestBuy exchange 60f8500 unit for just about a month and just confirmed I'll be getting it this coming Wed. Finally! I've been pressing the issue with BB giving more info on the shipment as reading all these post Samsung will soon be cutting production if not already.

I was so worried they may have sold my unit to someone else and leave me sucking thumb. Now, I just hope nothings wrong with the unit! Crossing my fingers and hoping to die it's gonna be alwright.
pochoboy is offline  
post #2006 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Member
 
wwxww's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
Clearly you do return things....even if this is the only item


An open box Tv of this caliber vs a sealed box is a few hundred off in market value


As I said before
Larger retailers/etailers are tracking returns with software these days
I don't know the threshold of when they tell you that you cant return any longer...but there is one


As a business model they have decided that there are certain people that they clearly don't want to do business with


Warren
Rarely, Warren, rarely...the last thing I remember returning was in 200x.

Agreed.

Last edited by wwxww; 11-14-2014 at 08:46 PM.
wwxww is offline  
post #2007 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Member
 
wwxww's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
who came to this conclusion?

I have an Panasonic ST50 and ST60...as well as a Samsung E8000 and f8500
they all buzz to a degree..especially with a full while background on the screen
Warren

Me.
wwxww is offline  
post #2008 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Member
 
fiteclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Columbia SC
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Amazon.com has puzzling note about 60" F8500

Does anyone know what the note, that is now appearing on Amazon.com's site for the 60" F8500, means? It says:

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."


I just got an email today from Amazon saying that mine is shipped and I have a tracking number. Just hope that whatever this note refers to does not apply to mine!

Last edited by fiteclub; 11-15-2014 at 06:05 AM.
fiteclub is offline  
post #2009 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Member
 
Ryan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiteclub View Post
Does anyone know what the note that is now appearing on Amazon.com's site for the 60" F8500. It says:

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."


I just got an email today from Amazon saying that mine is shipped and I have a tracking number. Just hope that whatever this note refers to does not apply to mine!
Ordered mine earlier when it said it was temporarily unavailable, now it's stating what you said. Hopefully I still made the cutoff if this is it and there are no problems with it so I would not have to return it.

It's what I get for procrastinating.
Ryan81 is offline  
post #2010 of 3255 Old 11-14-2014, 11:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
igreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northern California
Posts: 3,067
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
been discussed many times


all plasma's buzz.....
There seem to be different variations among sizes and even to a lesser extent individual TV's of the same size....and even added to this some people that hear buzz more than others( using the same TV)
Some say Samsung has of a buzz than Panasonic plasmas
One things for sure.....if you are concerned about this watch your TV with a full white screen
if what you hear is intolerable...then you need to make another buying decision




why not just buy it now?......do you actually need a Tv or you just looking to buy if you get a deal?


Warren


Not true. Myth that all plasmas buzz.


My Panasonic plasma did not buzz (very small buzz if put ear a 1/4" in back of set; I never heard in over 10 years until I purposely did such in response to reports in this forum), and same or even less with my Samsung 64F8550. And I am sensitive to noises,especially if high-pitched.


Further, no one to my knowledge has explained why some plasmas buzz; e.g., those that hear quite loud buzz onF8500 from ten feet, to those that hear no buzz. What make the"buzzers" buzz as opposed to the silent models? If the cause can be pinpointed, perhaps it can be remedied.

Last edited by igreg; 11-15-2014 at 12:10 AM.
igreg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off