Samsung f8500 pricing reduction? - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 286Likes

post #2011 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Warren, are you an audio/video dealer?

yes...just like you.....

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post

Not true. Myth that all plasmas buzz.

My Panasonic plasma did not buzz (very small buzz if put ear a 1/4" in back of set; I never heard in over 10 years until I purposely did such in response to reports in this forum), and same or even less with my Samsung 64F8550. And I am sensitive to noises,especially if high-pitched.

Further, no one to my knowledge has explained why some plasmas buzz; e.g., those that hear quite loud buzz onF8500 from ten feet, to those that hear no buzz. What make the"buzzers" buzz as opposed to the silent models? If the cause can be pinpointed, perhaps it can be remedied.

all 5 of mine do to some extent

Samsung C8000..F8500...E8000

Panasonic ST50..ST60

also a few I owned in the past did as well....at varying levels

A few feet away in a quiet room with a bright screen does it every time

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
post #2013 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexBiz04 View Post
Actually BB uses a 3rd party to track returns.

interesting information
Someone also suggested that this third party did the same thing for other retailers/etailers so returning information frequency could be tracked at multiple outlets

I am curious of what the threshold is them turning you down is

Warren

post #2014 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 04:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwxww View Post
Me.

then I am misunderstanding what you posted earlier

who is WE?

"We came to the conclusion that the Y-Main and X-Main boards emit most all of the audible frequencies that are hard on the ears and seem cheaply"

Warren

post #2015 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Since we are on the subject of BUZZZZZZZZZZZ......I have a 64f8500, and when directly in front of it, it has a barely noticeable buzz on full white screen. Last week I took the back off to do voltage adjustments for better blacks. With the panel off, and a white screen, the y_board was buzzing insanely loud. it was the only thing buzzing. With panel back on, was much lower, and when in front of it, barely noticeable. So maybe the panels that buzz louder have a noisy x board TOO?
post #2016 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiteclub View Post
Does anyone know what the note, that is now appearing on Amazon.com's site for the 60" F8500, means? It says:

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

I just got an email today from Amazon saying that mine is shipped and I have a tracking number. Just hope that whatever this note refers to does not apply to mine!
Well, here is what I got in an email from Amazon.com concerning the above note.

"I see from your comments that you'd like to know about the item alert mentioned on our website. I'd like to inform you that, most of our customers have provided feedback both negative and positive for the item that's the reason we've mentioned the alert on the item detail page. We expect your order to arrive safe and defect free.

If your order arrives safely and if there's no defect then you need not contact us. Just in case, If you face any issues with the item then please feel free to contact us and we'll be glad to assist you. "

Sounds like this is maybe an automated response to negative comments appearing for this TV? Anyway, hope mine is acceptable when it arrives on Friday!
post #2017 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Just because you post something in large font doesn't make it true.

I've had 6 plasmas over the past 10 years and they've all buzzed to some degree viewing from a normal seating distance, especially on bright white scenes. This is one thing I am not going to miss as I use my tv as an HTPC monitor. It seems OLED does not have this issue.
post #2018 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

My Panasonic plasma did not buzz (very small buzz if put ear a 1/4" in back of set; I never heard in over 10 years until I purposely did such in response to reports in this forum), and same or even less with my Samsung 64F8550. And I am sensitive to noises,especially if high-pitched.

So, your Panasonic plasma did not buzz, if you disregard the fact that it did buzz? Does that approach also work for image retention and burn in?

I've never heard a buzz from my 55" VT60. I have heard the 65" VT60 buzz with an all white screen, but I was standing right next to the tv at the time. I've never heard a buzz while viewing normal content.
StinDaWg and eric3316 like this.
post #2019 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
was Amazon the seller..or was it an Amazon marketplace seller?

I haven't seen Amazon have 64" models in a while

Warren
Amazon.

I've been hitting refresh like a psycho and got lucky. I have one on order with them and BB as well. I'm nervous about the inconsistencies with inventory and missed deliveries through BB. I'll likely cancel the Amazon order when I see the BB set in the house. In theory that means there will at least one more to be had through Amazon.
post #2020 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhatton View Post
Amazon.

I've been hitting refresh like a psycho and got lucky. I have one on order with them and BB as well. I'm nervous about the inconsistencies with inventory and missed deliveries through BB. I'll likely cancel the Amazon order when I see the BB set in the house. In theory that means there will at least one more to be had through Amazon.
Glad someone got on it. Kicking myself for not putting in a second order for the same reasons you did...
post #2021 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 3454 Post(s)
Liked: 2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceko View Post
There is a west coast longshoremen slow down (no contract) that is delaying ships from being unloaded. this ma effect when BB gets further shipments if there are any more coming.
I don't think they transport the sets from Mexico via ship, but I could be wrong.
post #2022 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
then I am misunderstanding what you posted earlier

"We came to the conclusion that the Y-Main and X-Main boards emit most all of the audible frequencies that are hard on the ears and seem cheaply" built on the F8500 compared to the Panasonic

who is WE?

Warren
ME is all that matters, Cap. Not sure what some of your problems are, nor care, but I posted about my March 2013 build with a firmware date of 12/31/12 to let others know that these panels very well may be running out. You seemed to have such a hard time believing it, so I posted a pic. Must not have sat too well with you for some reason...

I stand by my posts including OUR testing of the F8500
sorry for the off topic
post #2023 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Where can I find the build date on my unit?
post #2024 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:

Further, no one to my knowledge has explained why some plasmas buzz; e.g., those that hear quite loud buzz onF8500 from ten feet, to those that hear no buzz. What make the"buzzers" buzz as opposed to the silent models? If the cause can be pinpointed, perhaps it can be remedied.
It has been posted a few times here by others including myself as to why Plasmas buzz. Not sure why you felt the need to use such large text? Everyone here can still see it if you used a normal size.
post #2025 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rented cargo van later...

So, here's an update to my situation.

I got tired of the bs excuses I kept hearing from BB reps, so I just ended up canceling my order. Got the standard boilerplate of it'll take between blah and blah days for the funds to be credited back into your acct. Really?? As soon I submitted my order, the charge posted on my card. But now that I've canceled my order and want my money back, it won't be credited back to me as quickly? Whatever, because the next call that I made was to my credit card company to dispute the charges. I rehash my BB experience and they were very accommodating to me. An half hour later, the BB charges were credited back to me account. During that half hour wait, I filed a complaint with the BBB. Will something ultimately come out of my filing the complaint? I hope so. They took my money for a product that they did NOT have, they did not deliver said product, and they never contacted me to tell me what was going on with my situation. If you don't have a product available, then you shouldn't be taking orders for said product. If they were just putting pending charges for an item that might be out of stock, or if a BB rep gave me a call or sent some sort of communication to let me know that my order would be delayed, then I would not have anything to complain about.

Anyway, decided to rent a cargo van to go pick up a brand new 64" at Fry's. I could have had it delivered for free, on a day that I chose, but I decided that after my previous experience, I wanted to be in more control of the situation. The box is huge, but not super heavy. My wife and I could handle it without much effort. I secured it in the cargo area and we were on our way. Got it into the house without a problem. It was packed pretty secure with a lot of styrofoam and that plastic covering over everything. The only issue that we had was getting it out of the box. Even though the screen is huge, the box is very deep and it was awkward for both of us to pull the screen out of the box. We got it out and I put the television pedestal together while the wife held up the screen. 8 screws later, we lifted the screen onto the pedestal and I put in the final 4 screws.

I am so happy that I went with the largest tv stand that we could get because this tv is huge. I purchased a 73" Innovex stand not too long ago, and I feel like the tv barely fits. So glad that I didn't go with a 65" stand.

I haven't had the time to really play with the tv yet, but I think is ultimately a good purchase.
post #2026 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
ME is all that matters, Cap. Not sure what some of your problems are, nor care, but I posted about my March 2013 build with a firmware date of 12/31/12 to let others know that these panels very well may be running out. You seemed to have such a hard time believing it, so I posted a pic. Must not have sat too well with you for some reason...

I stand by my posts including OUR testing of the F8500
sorry for the off topic
got it

I see that you use Me and We interchangeably to mean the same thing

Completely understand now............
As for your firmware deal....that was of no concern to me in the least

Warren
eric3316 likes this.

post #2027 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgisAreCool View Post
Where can I find the build date on my unit?
on the back near the serial number and close to where it says "Made in Mexico"

Warren

post #2028 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

and you have a March 2013 build?
I find it hard to believe they have had a set in a sealed box for 18 months and the firmware update was from 2012?

Warren
Like I said...
post #2029 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
on the back near the serial number and close to where it says "Made in Mexico"

Warren
Thanks.

Mine was manufactured September 2014. I ordered the 60-inch from Amazon earlier this week (before they raised the price and sold out), and it arrived today. Picture looks phenomenal. Very happy with it on the default settings. I'm excited to see what it looks like after I tinker with the settings.

There is a buzz, but I can only hear it if I sit dead on. My normal seating is off-center by about 15 degrees and I don't hear any buzz there, even when the sound is muted.
post #2030 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyK78 View Post
So, here's an update to my situation.

I got tired of the bs excuses I kept hearing from BB reps, so I just ended up canceling my order. Got the standard boilerplate of it'll take between blah and blah days for the funds to be credited back into your acct. Really?? As soon I submitted my order, the charge posted on my card. But now that I've canceled my order and want my money back, it won't be credited back to me as quickly? Whatever, because the next call that I made was to my credit card company to dispute the charges. I rehash my BB experience and they were very accommodating to me. An half hour later, the BB charges were credited back to me account. During that half hour wait, I filed a complaint with the BBB. Will something ultimately come out of my filing the complaint? I hope so. They took my money for a product that they did NOT have, they did not deliver said product, and they never contacted me to tell me what was going on with my situation. If you don't have a product available, then you shouldn't be taking orders for said product. If they were just putting pending charges for an item that might be out of stock, or if a BB rep gave me a call or sent some sort of communication to let me know that my order would be delayed, then I would not have anything to complain about.

Anyway, decided to rent a cargo van to go pick up a brand new 64" at Fry's. I could have had it delivered for free, on a day that I chose, but I decided that after my previous experience, I wanted to be in more control of the situation. The box is huge, but not super heavy. My wife and I could handle it without much effort. I secured it in the cargo area and we were on our way. Got it into the house without a problem. It was packed pretty secure with a lot of styrofoam and that plastic covering over everything. The only issue that we had was getting it out of the box. Even though the screen is huge, the box is very deep and it was awkward for both of us to pull the screen out of the box. We got it out and I put the television pedestal together while the wife held up the screen. 8 screws later, we lifted the screen onto the pedestal and I put in the final 4 screws.

I am so happy that I went with the largest tv stand that we could get because this tv is huge. I purchased a 73" Innovex stand not too long ago, and I feel like the tv barely fits. So glad that I didn't go with a 65" stand.

I haven't had the time to really play with the tv yet, but I think is ultimately a good purchase.
All you had to do is pull out the 4 black pugs on the box, and pull the box up over the tv. Alot easier that way...LOL.
post #2031 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
Just because you post something in large font doesn't make it true.

I've had 6 plasmas over the past 10 years and they've all buzzed to some degree viewing from a normal seating distance, especially on bright white scenes. This is one thing I am not going to miss as I use my tv as an HTPC monitor. It seems OLED does not have this issue.

I posted in same font (Arial 3). Another glitch at AVS forum.
post #2032 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
It has been posted a few times here by others including myself as to why Plasmas buzz. Not sure why you felt the need to use such large text? Everyone here can still see it if you used a normal size.
Misperception. Problem with just the written word; no nonverbal communication. I posted in same font (Arial 3). Another glitch at AVS forum.
post #2033 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Ftw

Nice, what is the 0-60 and quarter mile on that? I just watched "I Am Legend". WOW on that picture! I see lot's of more buzz talking? Just out of curiosity, everyone with the sensitive buzz, are you using your TV speakers or a soundbar? Being super nit picky, with the tv speakers on, YEP the buzz can be heard if YOU look for it. With a soundbar, it sounds amazing and everything goes away!! Lets just not look for the problems and enjoy our F8500 plasma.

Quote:
Agreed.

(F350 FTW)

I am really enjoying this last tv.
post #2034 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 10:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGinAZ View Post
My 64" arrived this week and after a couple days of prepping the wall, mount, etc it's now up and looking awesome. Here's a quick rundown in case it helps anyone.

HTH...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Sounds like you went to the Fry's on Thunderbird and then the Best Buy a 1/2 mile away?

Looks like we have 2 fellow Arizonans with the last great plasma ever made. Hope to see you both participating in the local Phoenix HDTV thread moving forward.

Last edited by Chere; 11-15-2014 at 10:40 PM.
post #2035 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like Samsung online brought the price down even further.. 200 less for the 51 and 60. $999 and $1499 respectively when you add to cart. I don't see the price drop on the 64 though.
Rudester likes this.
post #2036 of 3255 Old 11-15-2014, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Surprise surprise.......I predicted more supply a week ago.....wish I could pick stock like that!!!!....
post #2037 of 3255 Old 11-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Best buy also dropped the price on the 51"" and 60".
Rudester likes this.

post #2038 of 3255 Old 11-16-2014, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeraga View Post
Looks like Samsung online brought the price down even further.. 200 less for the 51 and 60. $999 and $1499 respectively when you add to cart. I don't see the price drop on the 64 though.

Oh damn.... final low price for the year?
post #2039 of 3255 Old 11-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Man what is the deal with the 64" not budging in price! It's now a $1000 difference for 4", thats crazy. And other places like BeachCamera.com has it for over $3000.
post #2040 of 3255 Old 11-16-2014, 05:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Cause they can.

You'll probably see the price of the 60s go up as supply becomes more limited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page