AVS Forum banner
268K views 3K replies 512 participants last post by  FlynP5 
#1 ·
Typically how long does it take months wise before we start seeing price reductions? I'm in the market it buy one but can hold out a few months if it means better savings. I've been out of the tv market for awhile so I forget how long they go before pricing deals show up. Thanks for any info.

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora85  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction#post_23281542

Typically how long does it take months wise before we start seeing price reductions? I'm in the market it buy one but can hold out a few months if it means better savings. I've been out of the tv market for awhile so I forget how long they go before pricing deals show up. Thanks for any info.

I just noticed that Amazon has reduced their "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" price for the 64F8500 by $100 to $3397.99. I sure hope this is the start of a trend.

#6 ·
They will usually have some moderate reductions during the summer between Memorial Day and Labor Day. But the best sales are between Black Friday and Superbowl Sunday. During Superbowl week and after they start having clearance prices as they clear out inventory in preparation for the next year's models. I would like to see the 51F8500 go to $999 by Christmas, but not too sure if it will go quite that low. But the 51E7000 went to $999 and even $899, but unfortunately there is no longer a 7000 version in the F series. I don't know why they chose to eliminate a more affordable top tier option. The 5300 and 5500 are a lesser category in terms of pic quality.

#2,237 ·
That's were I purchased my Kuro 600-M it arrived perfectly fine, the guy even let me plug it in while he waited, did the flashlight test. I tip, him and he asked me if I wanted to toss the box!

It was pretty good experience, the guy who I poke on the phone did want me to buy the warranty pretty much forced on e, but it worked out in the end when I sold it which I used as a selling tactic and leverage.

Good Luck

Djoel

#15 ·
Why not just find the best price you see online (from a reasonably reputable retailer) and politely ask your local retailer brick and mortar to match it - stating clearly that you are prepared to take it right now if they can do it. Don't ask them to eat the tax or anything like that.

I got my F8500 for an incredibly good price and with all the bells and whistles of buying from an established and reputable retailer.

#16 ·
Does anyone know anything about AllTimeTVs? Their ratings seem really good and they have the 60" for 2,239 (and the 64 for 2689).

Also, what's this "authorized" bit -- does it need to be sold from a "samsung authorized dealer" to get a warranty or something?

Thanks,

Tom

*edit* a quick forum search reveals some warnings. Hrrrmph. Maybe I can get BB to price match...

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob8436  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction#post_23329290

Does anyone know anything about AllTimeTVs? Their ratings seem really good and they have the 60" for 2,239 (and the 64 for 2689).

Also, what's this "authorized" bit -- does it need to be sold from a "samsung authorized dealer" to get a warranty or something?

Thanks,

Tom

*edit* a quick forum search reveals some warnings. Hrrrmph. Maybe I can get BB to price match...

Bb is holding tight to the $3399 price. Samsung is enforcing this.

#19 ·
Good advice CP. I agree that the BB is the best way to check out a businesses reliability. I don't trust other rating services.

Just noticed a very cool promotion on Samsung's high-end plasma and LED TVs. Free 29" LED TV, or wireless/docking sound system or sound bar w/wireless sub woofer. Decisions, decisions....

#21 ·
Also, still looking for what the "samsung authorized reseller" entails -- from what I can tell on the Samsung site, Cleveland Plasma isn't an authorized reseller -- does that mean I get no warranty if I buy through them?

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m61376  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction#post_23335315

I am confused- if Samsung sets the prices, then how do places like East Coast TV's sell it at much lower prices, with a manufacturer's warranty?

because they aren't an authorized retailer and likely don't procure their TVs through authorized channels.

Reactions: gus738
#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob8436  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction#post_23334842

Also, still looking for what the "samsung authorized reseller" entails -- from what I can tell on the Samsung site, Cleveland Plasma isn't an authorized reseller -- does that mean I get no warranty if I buy through them?

Making the big list, what a challenge. The list is not kept up to date unless the company is HUGE. Manufacturers do not include there mom and pop dealers unless the company has been in business for a very long period of time. Like 20 years plus. There are so many of us that are small and not grandfathered in it would be hard to keep track. There are hundreds of small custom installers who buy thru distribution that are not on the list as well, and yes hundreds. There are hundreds of small custom installers who buy thru distribution that are not on the list as well.

To go a little bit further here......... Authorized / unauthorized dealers have been talked about on here forever. In the end it always comes down to, point to a post where someone did not get warranty coverage when they had a receipt, a receipt with a company logo / name of a company that could be looked up as legitimate business in a particular state who actually sell products. Must also have a date and rolling invoice number. According the the www.ftc.gov that is all that is needed. They are the ones who approve every warranty in the US.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.