post #541 of 2067 Old 11-16-2013, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic1981 View Post

Hi,

After a lot of research, including using this forum I called John Kim (949-596-8324 his direct line ) with Paul's TV. I left him a message on 10/30 and he called me back later that evening. I told him what I was in the market for and he said he would call me back to let me know what he could do for me.

I was interested in:

TCP65ZT60 65"
TCP50ST60 50"
Denon AVR-X2000

I ended up ordering the following on 10/31:

65" ZT for $2999.99 delivered
5 year warranty for the ZT for $299.99 and if I don't use it, I get $150 credit at Paul's TV.
Denon X2000 for $519.99

John was great to deal with.

The price he gave me on the 50" ST was $929.99 delivered. The price is good for a week. I know it's a bit of a cross post, but any thoughts on how good a price this is?

I am scheduled for delivery next week and I will post how everything went.

Mark
Dallas Area

Update (11/17): Received the 65ZT60 from Paul's and everything went great. White Glove delivery unpacked, attached stand and gave me the remote to "turn it on". My wife and I examined the screen and everything looked good to us. They then put the tv onto the tv stand for us. After they left I set up the Denon x2000 and had everything (Oppo 103), Xbox 360, Wii, Denon, Panny and 5.0 speaker set up (no sub yet) up and running in no time.

A week later the 50ST60 I ordered arrived. They took to the bedroom, unboxed, fired it up so my wife and I could examine the screen and then reboxed it since it's a Christmas gift.

Heard about the lower price on the ZT, so called Paul's yesterday and they applied the $100 back to my credit card. Said it could take 3 - 5 business days for it to show up, so I will be checking to make sure it shows, but so far I am very happy with Paul's.

Side note: Glad to hear so many are getting good match deals at Best Buy. Since I'd spent a lot of time looking at TVs and asking questions at my local BB I called the Home Sales Supervisor I'd talked with and gave him an opportunity to match the 65ZT60 at $2999.99, which was the price they had on their website the day before AND to see what deal they would give on the Denon and 50ST60. They wouldn't budge on the ZT price or the ST and the price they quoted n the Denon was $100 more than I paid at Paul's. Plus they wouldn't give me the Denon price unless I bought the 2 Panny's at their price. I gave them their chance and as far as I'm concerned they don't deserve my business.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2067 Old 11-16-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post

Wow is right! I was at BB a little while ago and the Manager was willing to price match Pauls TV with no questions asked. I did not even have to show him the webpage from Pauls TV. When I left the store, I was feeling greedy and wondered if he would have gone lower yet! Now I know that at least one manager did go lower. Anyway, I told him that I would be back tomorrow when I had more time to complete the deal.

I forgot to ask him if he would match the warranty price from Pauls TV but I'll ask him tomorrow.

Cal68
I was able to get Best Buy to price match Pauls 2899 and they gave four extra 3d rechargeable glasses to offset tax break. Now have 6 pairs with the included 2.
post #543 of 2067 Old 11-16-2013, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
^^Man that's great! I tried the 3D though, honestly it hurts my head. My parents tried it and it was pretty fatiguing for them too.. I liked passive 3D, but the active 3D is tough for me.
sheshechic likes this.

Pioneer Elite SC-25/Marantz SR6007
Atlantic Technology 2200 7 channel setup
Reaction Audio PS215X (booya!)
Panasonic 65" ZT60
Oppo BDP-105
post #544 of 2067 Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Is Paul's TV still offering the 65ZT60 for $2900? If so can someone please let me know what the coupn code/etc is.

Thanks
post #545 of 2067 Old 11-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_saenz View Post

I was able to get Best Buy to price match Pauls 2899 and they gave four extra 3d rechargeable glasses to offset tax break. Now have 6 pairs with the included 2.

I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the ZT65 at my local Best Buy. They matched the $2899 price at Pauls TV, gave me free home delivery and threw in 3 pairs of active 3D glasses to offset the sales tax. I asked if they could give me another pair of 3D glasses but the Manager would not do it. I could not get him to budge on the 5 year warranty either, so I'll have to get myself a Square Trade Warranty from Costco (I'm a member so no additional charge for me). I know that the Square Trade Warranty is not the best out there, but my experience is if problems are going to happen, they generally crop up within the first few months and so I will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty for those events.

Many thanks for all of you on this forum who helped me get a good deal on my new plasma. Now I cannot wait for it to be delivered just before Thanksgiving. The available delivery dates this week did not work for me so I'll get it next week.

Cal68

PS: I called BB today to see if I could talk to a different Manager and see if he would cut me a deal on the extended warranty, but he too refused to reduce the price of the warranty. So Costco, here I come for the warranty!

Cal68
post #546 of 2067 Old 11-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

Is Paul's TV still offering the 65ZT60 for $2900? If so can someone please let me know what the coupn code/etc is.

Thanks

Try PAULS28. This code was working yesterday and brought the price down to $2899.99.

Cal68

Cal68
post #547 of 2067 Old 11-18-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:

I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the ZT65 at my local Best Buy. They matched the $2899 price at Pauls TV, gave me free home delivery and threw in 3 pairs of active 3D glasses to offset the sales tax. I asked if they could give me another pair of 3D glasses but the Manager would not do it. I could not get him to budge on the 5 year warranty either, so I'll have to get myself a Square Trade Warranty from Costco (I'm a member so no additional charge for me). I know that the Square Trade Warranty is not the best out there, but my experience is if problems are going to happen, they generally crop up within the first few months and so I will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty for those events.

Many thanks for all of you on this forum who helped me get a good deal on my new plasma. Now I cannot wait for it to be delivered just before Thanksgiving. The available delivery dates this week did not work for me so I'll get it next week.

Cal68

PS: I called BB today to see if I could talk to a different Manager and see if he would cut me a deal on the extended warranty, but he too refused to reduce the price of the warranty. So Costco, here I come for the warranty!
congrats on your deal. These are the best so far. I do expect further drops on this set. We are good til January 15 for price match. We shall see how much more til then. Enjoy!
post #548 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever1 View Post

Today was to be my day for a 65zt60. They delivered a day early but to the wrong address. I got a 50" LG in a banged up box with the address of the guy who got mine.
Called everyone Paul's and radiant and was told they will call with a solution by close of business today.
I will update...

Paul's told me a new would be shipped.
Shipper told me it would be here on the 18th. I got a call on the13th telling me it was in, so I took "WhiteGlove Delivery" on the 16th.
Well the correct TV came but with one driver ( for a set this large ?) and knew nothing about white glove. The dispatcher told him to leave the set at the door and if I wanted to check it out he could open the box there and I could look.
Since it was Saturday and before noon Pauls was closed.
They are looking into why no white glove.

One more thing...... I have read everyone is getting October builds... mine for being "brand new" "factory sealed" is a July build. The saleasman had no idea and is looking into that also.
post #549 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 AM

I ordered the 60" last week from Amazon; got them to price match the $2299 price from Paul's (I had gotten a quote via online 'chat' from someone at Paul's, plus had a screen shot of the price quote applying the FALL28 code at Pauls).  Before ordering from Amazon, I had them pre-approve the price match, but I still had to follow up to get the price match credit.  However, I never had to send Amazon proof of the price, just gave them the online code and told them what the resultant price was.  All things being equal, at a $500 or so price difference, I would have ordered the VT, but Paul's didn't have it in stock, thus no Amazon price match on a VT, and hence the ZT ended up cheaper than Amazon's VT price.

The tv arrived yesterday via Amazon 'enhanced' delivery, using JB Hunt transport.  The 2 guys were right on time, set the tv up on its stand, let me inspect it, made sure it powered up, and took the packaging away.  I was pleased with the service.

My tv is a July build, but it is quiet, with very little fan noise -- I have been running the break-in slides for the last 15 hours, so the tv is certainly warm, and I can hear the fans in a totally quiet room, but I can't imagine I would hear them with any audio content on the tv.  Still, guess I will look into the fan/noise fix, if it can lower the fan noise even lower.

post #550 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:

Paul's told me a new would be shipped.
Shipper told me it would be here on the 18th. I got a call on the13th telling me it was in, so I took "WhiteGlove Delivery" on the 16th.
Well the correct TV came but with one driver ( for a set this large ?) and knew nothing about white glove. The dispatcher told him to leave the set at the door and if I wanted to check it out he could open the box there and I could look.
Since it was Saturday and before noon Pauls was closed.
They are looking into why no white glove.

One more thing...... I have read everyone is getting October builds... mine for being "brand new" "factory sealed" is a July build. The saleasman had no idea and is looking into that also.

My ZT65 from Paul's showed up with one guy too, I helped him unpack and set it up but if I had been some little old lady there is no way he could have done it by himself. Mine was a July build as well but I had the fan noise.
post #551 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Fan noise and July build are synonymous. wink.gif Supposedly wasn't until August that the fix was being implemented at the factory.
post #552 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Cal68

Glad for you pal, hope you thoroughly enjoy the TV, I'd love to hear your thoughts once you get it!

Still loving mine!

- Park

Panasonic 65" ZT60
Oppo BDP-105
post #553 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 192
I got Amazon to price match Pauls on the 65ZT60 so I ordered another. I think Amazon's delivery service will be better than the delivery I got from Pauls on the 65ZT60 I got from them a few weeks ago. Plus, Amazon is offering 2% reward and by putting it on the Amazon Visa, I get an additional 3% in rewards so all in, this one should cost $2,750 after cash back rewards with free delivery. Now I need to call Pauls and get them to credit me $100 for the one I paid $3k for two weeks ago.

edit: Just called Pauls and they are crediting me back $100.

Thanks AVS! Got two great tv's at great prices from reading this forum.
Ftballfn likes this.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #554 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 192
Question for you guys: How do I check the build date? The one I got two weeks ago from Pauls has no discernible fan noise but I'm worried about the one I just ordered from Amazon. If it has an earlier build date and the fan is loud, should I just refuse delivery and make them send me another?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #555 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 01:56 PM

Liked: 12
Someone else can confirm this, but I believe there's a sticker on the back of the TV. I don't see that info on the shipping box
post #556 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Question for you guys: How do I check the build date? The one I got two weeks ago from Pauls has no discernible fan noise but I'm worried about the one I just ordered from Amazon. If it has an earlier build date and the fan is loud, should I just refuse delivery and make them send me another?

It's on the middle of the back of the tv on a white sticker.

Well, I believe if they send you an earlier build date, that you just have to call Panasonic and they will fix it for you. Although I imagine you'd rather not have to deal with that and just have it fixed out of the box!

Panasonic 65" ZT60
Oppo BDP-105
post #557 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbobo19 View Post

My ZT65 from Paul's showed up with one guy too, I helped him unpack and set it up but if I had been some little old lady there is no way he could have done it by himself. Mine was a July build as well but I had the fan noise.

What is the build date ?
post #558 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post

Someone else can confirm this, but I believe there's a sticker on the back of the TV. I don't see that info on the shipping box

Correct
post #559 of 2067 Old 11-19-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:

What is the build date ?

July
post #560 of 2067 Old 11-20-2013, 03:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_saenz View Post

congrats on your deal. These are the best so far. I do expect further drops on this set. We are good til January 15 for price match. We shall see how much more til then. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player3 View Post

Glad for you pal, hope you thoroughly enjoy the TV, I'd love to hear your thoughts once you get it!

Still loving mine!

- Park

Thanks guys. BB will deliver the set next Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving) so I'll be able to watch football on the new TV during Thanksgiving dinner! I hope that I have a build date later than July.

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but how do I get a copy of the DNice slides to break in the TV? Is it on a website where I can download it onto a disc?

Thanks for all the great advice that helped me get this deal.

Cal68

Cal68
post #561 of 2067 Old 11-20-2013, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post

You can exchange it with Amazon and hope to get a quite or later build until you do have one. Other than having to have someone at home, it's painless.

post #562 of 2067 Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

Thanks guys. BB will deliver the set next Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving) so I'll be able to watch football on the new TV during Thanksgiving dinner! I hope that I have a build date later than July.

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but how do I get a copy of the DNice slides to break in the TV? Is it on a website where I can download it onto a disc?

Thanks for all the great advice that helped me get this deal.

Cal68

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread

Read the first post. The most reliable thing to do is to put them on an SD card or USB stick.
post #563 of 2067 Old 11-20-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by housequestion View Post

I think I'll hang on to see what Black Friday brings. Typically though, the only things that go on sale are cheap POS for the masses.

Maybe wait for the after/xmas ..this time period seems to *usually bring the best prices although inventory might be an issue on some items..doubtful it will effect these though.

-Netrat-
Duck Tape Engineering
post #564 of 2067 Old 11-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread

Read the first post. The most reliable thing to do is to put them on an SD card or USB stick.

Thank you very much.

Cal68

Cal68
post #565 of 2067 Old 11-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netrat View Post

Maybe wait for the after/xmas ..this time period seems to *usually bring the best prices although inventory might be an issue on some items..doubtful it will effect these though.

The reason I decided to get the ZT65 now is because of the "rumors" that Panasonic might be exiting the plasma TV business and I did not want to wait until next year when inventory levels might be low. I do not know if there is any definitive word on whether Panasonic has decided to quit making plasma TV's but I did not want to wait in case I regretted it later.

Cal68

Cal68
post #566 of 2067 Old 11-20-2013, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
I'd say they've moved pretty much beyond rumors and into reality. ;(
post #567 of 2067 Old 11-21-2013, 02:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

I'd say they've moved pretty much beyond rumors and into reality. ;(

Yes, that is sad to hear. :-(

Cal68

Cal68
post #568 of 2067 Old 11-21-2013, 03:26 PM

Liked: 19
When you guys go to Best Buy are you dealing with some random sales person or are you getting the store manager? Also, for those who got things thrown in, are you just asking if they can beat the price and then complaining about the tax?

I"m going to head in today to see what I can get, but I was wondering what strategy others had used. I'm planning to get a warranty via costco, but probably won't tell them that until the TV price is sorted.
post #569 of 2067 Old 11-21-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by housequestion View Post

When you guys go to Best Buy are you dealing with some random sales person or are you getting the store manager? Also, for those who got things thrown in, are you just asking if they can beat the price and then complaining about the tax?

I"m going to head in today to see what I can get, but I was wondering what strategy others had used. I'm planning to get a warranty via costco, but probably won't tell them that until the TV price is sorted.

I straight up asked to speak with their manager. And yes, I'd say something like "So I'm still going to have to pay more because of tax?".. and just communicate how much of a difference that is to you, and see how they respond. If you have a real customer oriented manager you are talking to, he'll make it happen. If all the other Best Buy's are doing it, so can they I would think!

Hope it works out for ya! And don't forget.. Best Buy's warranty is better, but it does come with extra cost.

smile.gif

Panasonic 65" ZT60
Oppo BDP-105
post #570 of 2067 Old 11-21-2013, 06:01 PM

Liked: 13

I spoke to the salesperson.  She went and spoke with the manager.  10 minutes and done.

Make sure you have the EC TV and Paul's ad on your phone or tablet and that it is with you.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page