post #901 of 2067 Old 01-03-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by myared View Post

It's amazing how clueless or negligent the delivery people can be. When I got my TV yesterday, the lone person delivering it wanted to stand the box on one end for it to fit the small trolley he had. When I objected, he said it really should not cause the TV any damage. So I then pointed to the instructions clearly depicted on the box saying the box should NOT be transported standing on one end. His reply was: hummm, so what do you want me to do? I said I'll help you carry the TV inside, with the up side up which is the only way the box should be stored and transported... Unbelievable!

Transporting the TV on-end using a dolly would not have caused any problems. I agree though, that these company's need to start sending out 2 delivery guys. It is not acceptable to me that I would need to help carry in my TV that is supposed to be delivered for free. If I wanted to help, I'd just pick it up myself. smile.gif

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 2067 Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Electronics View Post

Are there actually any 65" ZT60's left at Best Buy locations outside of Texas?  Just curious.  Are people still seeing them in other BB distribution areas?  I know in Texas they are showing as out stock to the best of my knowledge.  You can try to add them to your cart for in-store pickup but as soon as you try to check out it shows as unavailable.

Are people just checking inventory using bestbuy.com, or are stores actually telling you that they can't get any inventory? 65ZT should still be available.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #903 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 03:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The Best Buy I went to, the Magnolia rep said that they were out except for the open box and they couldn't order it in. When I called the number for a different store, they said no stores in the area had it in stock, but they could have it shipped to the store.
post #904 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by florean View Post

The Best Buy I went to, the Magnolia rep said that they were out except for the open box and they couldn't order it in. When I called the number for a different store, they said no stores in the area had it in stock, but they could have it shipped to the store.

Checked in NY - ordered 2 and went to the point where I was picking a delivery date

Panasonic - VIERA - 65" Class (64-3/4" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV TC-P65ZT60
$6,399.96

Delivery
Delivery: FREE

Delivery: Most Areas
E-mail a gift message
WHITE PLAINS, NY 10601
Change
Pick up this item instead

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #905 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Paul's is playing inventory games (or they got in another small batch), 21 available so grab 'em up if you can stomach Paul's.

FWIW, I used Paul's at the end of November for my 65tz60. The delivery person was alone (white glove??), so I had to help. I wouldn't expect much from the delivery but... The TV was an October build and so far there have been no issues (Fans, buzzing) and there was no damage to the TV.

When the price dropped to $2799, I contacted Pauls and received a $100.00 refund.

I know others have had some issues with Pauls, but my experience was fine.
post #906 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

This is exactly why VT/ZT models require you to log-in. There are a few different dispositions that manufacturers can specify in their pricing policies. Also, just to clarify, these are not "contracts" with dealers, as dealers cannot explicitly agree to them, legally. It is simply a policy that the manufacturers provide to the dealers. They can choose whether or not to follow it, knowing the consequences of not doing so.

Click to see price: This, as the name implies only requires you to click once, where a pop-up comes up to show you the price.

In-cart pricing: This only requires you to have it in your cart to show the price, which does not require that you log in, or have an account.

In-checkout pricing: This requires you to actually be in the checkout process, which requires that you have an account, in order to see the price. Some manufacturers even explicitly call out in said policies that a customer must log in to their account before seeing the price. (This is the case with VT/ZT/WT specifically)

UMRP pricing supersedes all of these and dictates that even in-checkout you cannot go below a certain price.

FWIW, retailers would actually prefer NOT to require any of this, as it actually has proven to inconvenience customers and cut down on conversion. This is especially true if their log in process is not as smooth as Amazon's.

Hope this helps!smile.gif

And here's one more policy that absolutely drives me crazy.  Mainly because it makes it hard for the little guy to compete and Panasonic doesn't enforce it very well.  As a small Panasonic reseller (in comparison to some of the stores mentioned here) I'm not even allowed to show an "add to cart" button next to the VT60 & ZT60 models online.  Instead of an "add to cart" button I have to show something else like an "authorized" buttton.  I have to remove all ability for the customer to check out with these models.  I can still sell the item to the customer but they have to either call our 800# or come in.  Now if it's an ST60 or below, as long as I follow Minimum Advertised Pricing, I'm ok and can let people check out through my standard online cart.  So if you are seeing a small store (someone other than Amazon, Best Buy, Abt, etc) sell these items online and allow you to checkout with them they are probably not an "authorized" Panasonic reseller.  If they were, and were getting their product through approved channels, they would not be selling the VT60 or ZT60 models online.  Panasonic would remove their ability to purchase the product.

post #907 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 07:20 AM

Liked: 10
Yea I feel your pain. I had the same issue in a completely different business. It's ********. I understand the policies and even like them, but if they won't have the teeth to enforce them on the big boys then that's BS.
post #908 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Jumped on a used 65" ZT60 thru Amazon. It was stated in "pristine" condition. I hope its ok.. but amazon always has an excellent return policy. I hope this TV does a good job replacing my 60" GT 50

Mo!
post #909 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 AM

Liked: 10
Did the price of the used ones increase when they sold out of new?
post #910 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalJer View Post

Did the price of the used ones increase when they sold out of new?

No.. not really. It was slightly lower than new
post #911 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Never mind. went back to Amazon.. they had one new left! Got that instead!
post #912 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM

Liked: 46
For those of us still awaiting delivery - mine comes next Tuesday - it seems that, in the event of issues, it will not be possible to exchange for a new set. Any replacement would be someone else's return. Is that correct?

Question for Speakerphile if he's reading: I purchased my set online from BestBuy.com on 1/1/2014. Is my specific set selected at that time, or does that occur on delivery day? Where does the set come from?
post #913 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And here's one more policy that absolutely drives me crazy.  Mainly because it makes it hard for the little guy to compete and Panasonic doesn't enforce it very well.  As a small Panasonic reseller (in comparison to some of the stores mentioned here) I'm not even allowed to show an "add to cart" button next to the VT60 & ZT60 models online.  Instead of an "add to cart" button I have to show something else like an "authorized" buttton.  I have to remove all ability for the customer to check out with these models.  I can still sell the item to the customer but they have to either call our 800# or come in.  Now if it's an ST60 or below, as long as I follow Minimum Advertised Pricing, I'm ok and can let people check out through my standard online cart.  So if you are seeing a small store (someone other than Amazon, Best Buy, Abt, etc) sell these items online and allow you to checkout with them they are probably not an "authorized" Panasonic reseller.  If they were, and were getting their product through approved channels, they would not be selling the VT60 or ZT60 models online.  Panasonic would remove their ability to purchase the product.

Best Buy and Amazon are not violating any policies by selling these online. ZT was restricted from online sales early on, but that has long since expired. So this isn't a matter of lack of policy enforcement. Are you saying Panasonic is telling you specifically that you cannot transact online, or that your cart system does not meet the requirements set forth in the MAP policy?

post #914 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygeary View Post

For those of us still awaiting delivery - mine comes next Tuesday - it seems that, in the event of issues, it will not be possible to exchange for a new set. Any replacement would be someone else's return. Is that correct?

Question for Speakerphile if he's reading: I purchased my set online from BestBuy.com on 1/1/2014. Is my specific set selected at that time, or does that occur on delivery day? Where does the set come from?

The TV will likely come from a DDC(Warehouse). They are typically picked when the order comes through and staged for delivery. In the event of a DOA set you should still have time to acquire a replacement. These won't be completely gone by then. Most of the people that have been thinking these are running out have been basing that on the store inventory tool on the web site. The inventory for these is typically housed in warehouses and will not show up in this tool. You have to talk to a TV salesperson that can use the in-store ordering system to check availability.

Hope this helps.

post #915 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Nevermind again.. my wife found out I ordered yet another TV.. and made me cancel the ZT60. go to amazon.. they have one left I think. I guess I will have to wait until OLED
Mo!
post #916 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Best Buy and Amazon are not violating any policies by selling these online. ZT was restricted from online sales early on, but that has long since expired. So this isn't a matter of lack of policy enforcement. Are you saying Panasonic is telling you specifically that you cannot transact online, or that your cart system does not meet the requirements set forth in the MAP policy?

My apologies.  It appears that I was not clear enough in my post.  I think if you reread it you'll see that I never stated Amazon, Best Buy, etc was violating MAP or not authorized to sell the VT60 & ZT60's online.  I simply stated that I wished Panasonic would allow me to also sell the higher end sets online.  I stated: "As a small Panasonic reseller (in comparison to some of the stores mentioned here) I'm not even allowed to show an "add to cart" button next to the VT60 & ZT60 models online."  My statement only applies to small "Authorized" Panasonic resellers.  With regard to Amazon, Best Buy, Abt, etc, they all have Panasonic's blessing to sell the higher end models online.

Also, as an FYI.....the restriction to sell VT & ZT60's online was never removed.  Panasonic simply chose to bless a few select resellers with an approval to sell those sets online.  I am still expressly forbidden to sell those sets online through an online ordering system.  There are very few "authorized" resellers that have Panasonic's blessing to sell the VT60 & ZT60 online.  Doesn't mean that stores aren't doing it.....just that they aren't following the rules and if someone complains to their Rep that so and so is not following the policy that company will inevitably get call from their Panasonic rep or Panasonic distributor rep stating that if they don't remove the item they'll be cut off.

Hope this clarifies my previous post.  Sorry for any confusion.

post #917 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 03:04 PM

Pauls TV has the 65ZT60 for $2799 after using NEWYEAR20 coupon but tax is $168. I wish I bought it when it was $2799 on Amazon since there would have not been any tax. I got too greedy.

Do you guys think Amazon will get some ZTs back in or should I just eat the $168 tax and just buy it?

Also, the 65VT60 is available on Amazon for $2295 which is more palatable. I am not am audio/videophile but my living room is a bright room. Can one of the gurus here suggest if I should get the ZT or VT? Thank you.
post #918 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 03:22 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

It's amazing how clueless or negligent the delivery people can be. When I got my TV yesterday, the lone person delivering it wanted to stand the box on one end for it to fit the small trolley he had. When I objected, he said it really should not cause the TV any damage. So I then pointed to the instructions clearly depicted on the box saying the box should NOT be transported standing on one end. His reply was: hummm, so what do you want me to do? I said I'll help you carry the TV inside, with the up side up which is the only way the box should be stored and transported... Unbelievable!

I anticipated this and called the driver before he got to the house. My instructions were to not unbox the tv nor take it out of the truck. If he waited for me to help and allowed me to hook up a DVD player and inspect for damage, dead pixels, or other issues, he would get a $20 tip. Sure enough, he was alone, with only a handtruck, and NO liftgate -- just think how he normally gets these things off the truck by himself. Anyway, he was very nice, and very patient, and I felt the $20 was well worth it for the peace of mind.

Incidentally, I ordered my 65ZT60 around Dec. 24 on Amazon, got an October build, and it is about as perfect as a plasma can get. Quiet, and the screen is nearly blemish free. I can see some ever so slight wee bit of dirty screen effect when doing a screen wipe, but that's only if I'm working hard to see it. I feel mine is as good as they can make it and I'm very happy. I started out on THX cinema and the only complaint is that blacks are inky -- but crushed. So after about 200 hours of break-in I'll try to correct that and play with the settings and a test disk.

By definition 50% of people are below the median.
post #919 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My apologies.  It appears that I was not clear enough in my post.  I think if you reread it you'll see that I never stated Amazon, Best Buy, etc was violating MAP or not authorized to sell the VT60 & ZT60's online.  I simply stated that I wished Panasonic would allow me to also sell the higher end sets online.  I stated: "As a small Panasonic reseller (in comparison to some of the stores mentioned here) I'm not even allowed to show an "add to cart" button next to the VT60 & ZT60 models online."  My statement only applies to small "Authorized" Panasonic resellers.  With regard to Amazon, Best Buy, Abt, etc, they all have Panasonic's blessing to sell the higher end models online.

Also, as an FYI.....the restriction to sell VT & ZT60's online was never removed.  Panasonic simply chose to bless a few select resellers with an approval to sell those sets online.  I am still expressly forbidden to sell those sets online through an online ordering system.  There are very few "authorized" resellers that have Panasonic's blessing to sell the VT60 & ZT60 online.  Doesn't mean that stores aren't doing it.....just that they aren't following the rules and if someone complains to their Rep that so and so is not following the policy that company will inevitably get call from their Panasonic rep or Panasonic distributor rep stating that if they don't remove the item they'll be cut off.

Hope this clarifies my previous post.  Sorry for any confusion.

No need to apologize. This is interesting. I wasn't aware of this restriction. I knew they had tighter distribution on these, but was under the impression that whoever had access to it in the first place could sell online as well. Sorry to hear that. I can see how this would be frustrating.

post #920 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raavango View Post

Pauls TV has the 65ZT60 for $2799 after using NEWYEAR20 coupon but tax is $168. I wish I bought it when it was $2799 on Amazon since there would have not been any tax. I got too greedy.

Do you guys think Amazon will get some ZTs back in or should I just eat the $168 tax and just buy it?

Also, the 65VT60 is available on Amazon for $2295 which is more palatable. I am not am audio/videophile but my living room is a bright room. Can one of the gurus here suggest if I should get the ZT or VT? Thank you.

I think it is possible that they could find a few units. Is it worth risking for $168? That's a question you have to answer for yourself. I would say that you got a decent deal. Enjoy your TV. smile.gif

post #921 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by raavango View Post

ZT is better in a bright room due to it's better filter/less reflective panel.

Also, look at the F8500 though. That should be best in a bright room.
post #922 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by faterikcartman View Post

I anticipated this and called the driver before he got to the house. My instructions were to not unbox the tv nor take it out of the truck. If he waited for me to help and allowed me to hook up a DVD player and inspect for damage, dead pixels, or other issues, he would get a $20 tip. Sure enough, he was alone, with only a handtruck, and NO liftgate -- just think how he normally gets these things off the truck by himself. Anyway, he was very nice, and very patient, and I felt the $20 was well worth it for the peace of mind.

Incidentally, I ordered my 65ZT60 around Dec. 24 on Amazon, got an October build, and it is about as perfect as a plasma can get. Quiet, and the screen is nearly blemish free. I can see some ever so slight wee bit of dirty screen effect when doing a screen wipe, but that's only if I'm working hard to see it. I feel mine is as good as they can make it and I'm very happy. I started out on THX cinema and the only complaint is that blacks are inky -- but crushed. So after about 200 hours of break-in I'll try to correct that and play with the settings and a test disk.

Congratulations and enjoy your TV. Mine is still running slides. Love your screen name by the way; Cartman is my hero!
post #923 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 06:09 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Congratulations and enjoy your TV. Mine is still running slides. Love your screen name by the way; Cartman is my hero!

Cartman had me when he said "Democrats and hippies piss me off."

I too am running a break-in disk overnight and in between regular viewing. I'm at about 90 hours now. I'm sure 50% of the forum would say I'm nuts, but when my wife hits pause and says she'll be back in a minute I grab the remote and put it on screen wipe. I would rather be called paranoid and a snake-oil buyer than live with IR regrets.

By definition 50% of people are below the median.
post #924 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 10:17 PM

Abe's of Maine has the 65ZT60 for $2999, shipped.
post #925 of 2067 Old 01-04-2014, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Well, the PaulTV stock via Amazon is depleted as of this moment, leaving only the above, Panasonic's own shop with 27 remaining for $3199.99, Paul's TV with 10 remaining for $2899 with the coupon code (best deal remaining), and Best Buy for $3199.98. The "firesale" looks to be coming to a close.
post #926 of 2067 Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 AM

I know it looks, sounds, and smells like not the most trustful of sites, but has anyone had any experience with Buy Squad.com? They have the 65zt60 (or claim to have it) and they're offering it for $2790.99 shipped. Just be careful is all I'm going to say.
post #927 of 2067 Old 01-05-2014, 09:30 AM

I would avoid...they have an abysmal return policy. A user chronicled his bad experience with Panasonic here after buying from that outfit (but put all the blame on Panasonic):

http://www.buysquad.com/showpages.aspx?pid=1011#1000
Quote:
If there is any damage to your product, you must refuse the delivery, do not sign for it, and note the damage on the delivery form. You must do this in order for us to file a claim on your behalf and ship you another unit. If you accept the package(s) damaged, the shipping company will not cover damages to the product under their insurance policy. If your merchandise is damaged and you do not notify Customer Service via telephone within 48 hours, you waive all claims with respect to damage and release Buy Squad from liability.
Quote:
The 7 day defective exchange policy does not apply to TVs 32" and larger, any oversized product(s) shipped via our motor freight company (not UPS/FedEx), car audio products, receiver systems and satellite systems (Auto or Home - Including HDTV Receivers). If any of these items are deemed defective, they will be covered exclusively by the manufacturers’ warranties, and you must contact the manufacturer for any repairs. If you need assistance with arranging service, please call us at 1-503-207-0969.

Note: Defective TVs 37" and larger will be serviced by a manufacturer authorized service provider who will be chosen at the sole discretion of the manufacturer. Defective TVs 37” and larger that can not be repaired will be replaced by their manufacturers.
post #928 of 2067 Old 01-05-2014, 09:31 AM

PaulTV's down to 4 left, Panasonic shop still has 26.
post #929 of 2067 Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just bought the floor model 65zt from our local best buy for $2492.00. Salesman said they were entirely out of stock on 65zt with only a few new 60zt's left.
Thought about the smaller set being new but felt I'd always be thinking I should have gone with the bigger set. Hope I made the right choice. It should be delivered on Thursday
post #930 of 2067 Old 01-05-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

PaulTV's down to 4 left, Panasonic shop still has 26.

Yep, inventory is getting low.  I bet the above units will be gone by the end of the week.  There are still other "legitimate" & "authorized" resellers that have them in stock.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page