AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

This is awkward...cool.gif
Not awkward at all, we buy from many venders, our number one vender just ran out of stock. We had to raise our price accordingly since we can no longer get that price. Not by choice.

-- On a side note I am sorry if I came off on the wrong foot with e-mails. At this point, closeout time, on a hot model, I know what is going to happen. The units run out of stock and the prices rockets, I was trying to protect all possible future clients from this. Why pay more for something later ? Our dollars are not going as far and I hate to see someone over pay because they sat on the fence at a critical moment like this. I litterally had to explain to people that these will be gone or over priced by superbowl time, there is just no more stock. Sorry to all, I was being blunt to try and help...........
larrygeary likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 2067 Old 01-10-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Not awkward at all, we buy from many venders, our number one vender just ran out of stock. We had to raise our price accordingly since we can no longer get that price. Not by choice.

-- On a side note I am sorry if I came off on the wrong foot with e-mails. At this point, closeout time, on a hot model, I know what is going to happen. The units run out of stock and the prices rockets, I was trying to protect all possible future clients from this. Why pay more for something later ? Our dollars are not going as far and I hate to see someone over pay because they sat on the fence at a critical moment like this. I litterally had to explain to people that these will be gone or over priced by superbowl time, there is just no more stock. Sorry to all, I was being blunt to try and help...........

Indeed. I tried to tell people the same thing. Nobody wanted to listen.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #993 of 2067 Old 01-10-2014, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucks View Post

Did you have a coupon code or something? Chris just quoted me $2950 shipped, and I live only one state over.

I think my actual price was $2875, so really almost no difference from yours. Definitely not worth worrying about the small difference given how fast these are selling out. Plus I found it quite reassuring talking to Chris from ClevelandPlasma about the TV and CES (he was at CES in person when I ordered). The guy knows his TVs and it seems worth it to me to buy from someone who really understands any issues.

Plus I would expect the prices to start rising a bit now as these become harder and harder to find.
larrygeary likes this.
post #994 of 2067 Old 01-10-2014, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Guys. This TV, is fantastic. It's worth buying for $2638, for $2899, for $3299, for $3599, for even $4000 IMO. So for those sitting on the fence, while availability decreases and price increases, I will certainly say i'm very, very glad I bought it. smile.gif

Pioneer Elite SC-25/Marantz SR6007
Atlantic Technology 2200 7 channel setup
Reaction Audio PS215X (booya!)
Panasonic 65" ZT60
Oppo BDP-105
post #995 of 2067 Old 01-11-2014, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13

haha, "only 10 more in stock" as of today on amazon.com and through Paul's TV @ $3499.

nobody is playing games though, right?  ridiculous.

post #996 of 2067 Old 01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post

You are right. It is ridiculous that, in response to increasing demand, a buyer for Amazon or another retailer would work to secure more inventory to sell. What a moronic thing for them to do. The obvious answer is that they are "playing games" and just jerking everyone around. If only everyone would just see that.

Your command of economics is indeed impressive, as is your grasp of the human condition. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

CAPITALISM. It's SO BAD!
post #997 of 2067 Old 01-11-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

CAPITALISM. It's SO BAD!

Indeed.

If anyone is wondering, we sent 10 to Amazon's warehouse 2 weeks ago and they finally arrived. you can tell because they are "Fulfilled by Amazon" instead of shipped by us.

BTW, they are at $3399 now and 9 left.
post #998 of 2067 Old 01-11-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvbuckeye View Post

haha, "only 10 more in stock" as of today on amazon.com and through Paul's TV @ $3499.

nobody is playing games though, right?  ridiculous.

I already explained how this works. And they are not through Amazon, it is Paul's inventory. Besides, if they really wanted to gouge people there are far more effective ways that would be much less obvious. No conspiracy here.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #999 of 2067 Old 01-11-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvbuckeye View Post

You'd be surprised to learn how long it takes to ship things via carrier sometimes. In some cases, a trailer can sit in the receiving yard for up to a week just waiting for an appointment. It's not the same as shipping a new blender to your mother for Christmas via Fed-Ex.
CatchersDad likes this.

post #1000 of 2067 Old 01-11-2014, 06:09 PM

Liked: 21
To be honest, Amazon.com has much more important things to do then waste their time trying to play games with pricing on a tv set. 

When Amazon sell's items their price is generally always cheaper as they have the buying power to secure items at less cost. Being an internet company also has it's benefits such as less overhead and having automated robots doing sorting instead of employees with wage/benefits.

Smaller retailers like Pauls, and US Appliance, etc may be in a position at a certain time to compete with that price, but only if Panasonic provides incentive at random intervals otherwise it's a loss or zero profit.

While Amazon sells out, the other retailers know Amazons price. Are they going to match it? Of course not. Why would they? Once their TV's circulate to sell on Amazon (after Amazons stock run ends) They're going to have their price set higher. As a smaller business they have overhead to cover with employee's, building, etc. They also secured the tv sets from Panasonic at a higher cost due to less buying power. They also pay a "referral fee" and " variable closing fee" to Amazon for every item sold.

Should they equal Amazon's cost of 2799.00 and lose most or possibly all of the profit just to see it move? Only if it's a dead end product.

For them to try to equal amazons price at 2799.00 would be ridiculous with a hot item. Especially when:

A) The stock is going down substantially.

B) They may not be able to secure anymore from Panasonic due to the end of the production line.

C) They know videophiles are going crazy for this exact TV for numerous reasons.

D) They can always lower the price if the sets are not selling.

It's not a conspiracy or tricks or anything like that, They want the most they can get for an item, and if it's a hot product they'd have to be nuts not to capitalize on it.

It's business, it makes perfect sense to me and doesn't bother me one bit.

Playdrv4me likes this.
post #1001 of 2067 Old 01-11-2014, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike204 View Post

When Amazon sell's items their price is generally always cheaper as they have the buying power to secure items at less cost. Being an internet company also has it's benefits such as less overhead and having automated robots doing sorting instead of employees with wage/benefits.

Smaller retailers like Pauls, and US Appliance, etc may be in a position at a certain time to compete with that price, but only if Panasonic provides incentive at random intervals otherwise it's a loss or zero profit.

While Amazon sells out, the other retailers know Amazons price. Are they going to match it? Of course not. Why would they? Once their TV's circulate to sell on Amazon (after Amazons stock run ends) They're going to have their price set higher. As a smaller business they have overhead to cover with employee's, building, etc. They also secured the tv sets from Panasonic at a higher cost due to less buying power. They also pay a "referral fee" and " variable closing fee" to Amazon for every item sold.

Should they equal Amazon's cost of 2799.00 and lose most or possibly all of the profit just to see it move? Only if it's a dead end product.

For them to try to equal amazons price at 2799.00 would be ridiculous with a hot item. Especially when:

A) The stock is going down substantially.
B) They may not be able to secure anymore from Panasonic due to the end of the production line.
C) They know videophiles are going crazy for this exact TV for numerous reasons.
D) They can always lower the price if the sets are not selling.

It's not a conspiracy or tricks or anything like that, They want the most they can get for an item, and if it's a hot product they'd have to be nuts not to capitalize on it.

It's business, it makes perfect sense to me and doesn't bother me one bit.

You missed E) All of the above biggrin.gif

FWIW though, HH Gregg & Paul's probably don't have a drastically higher cost than Amazon, if at all. They certainly have more overhead/unit sold. Also, Amazon is a lot smaller than most people realize when it comes to the TV market. They were definitely the cause of the pricing being so low on these TV's though. IMO, lower than demand would otherwise allow. Their loss really. Since they ran out the prices have simply returned to market value.

post #1002 of 2067 Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:

You missed E) All of the above biggrin.gif

FWIW though, HH Gregg & Paul's probably don't have a drastically higher cost than Amazon, if at all. They certainly have more overhead/unit sold. Also, Amazon is a lot smaller than most people realize when it comes to the TV market. They were definitely the cause of the pricing being so low on these TV's though. IMO, lower than demand would otherwise allow. Their loss really. Since they ran out the prices have simply returned to market value.

I agree.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2413305,00.asp

You have to check that link out (you may have already seen it) ....it's mind blowing. The infographic's really hit it home.

"Amazon has enough products to fill 1,290 Walmart Supercenters.

Amazon is expected to grow 23 percent this year, with $9,823 pouring in every five seconds, or $117,882 per minute. In total, Amazon is forecast to earn $62 billion in 2012 revenue.

The numbers are even more staggering in comparison to other big-box retailers, like Target and Walmart, which have 355,000 and 2.2 million total employees, respectively, but earn less than $200,000 per worker. Meanwhile, Amazon makes more than $941,000 for each of its 51,000 employees."

The electronics area brought in the most for a single sector at 25.8 billion lol

Just mind blowing.

post #1003 of 2067 Old 01-12-2014, 03:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Early Sunday morning check 6:15 ET - Panasonic's website has 3

VIERA® 65" Class ZT60 Series Full HD Plasma TV (64.7" Diag.) TC-P65ZT60
Ships in 1-3 business days
Update 3
Remove $3,199

And Amazon a total of 9

List Price: $3,399.99

Only 7 left in stock.
Sold by Paul's TV and Fulfilled by Amazon.
Size: 65-Inch

List Price: $3,799.99
Only 2 left in stock.
Ships from and sold by US-Appliance.
Size: 65-Inch

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #1004 of 2067 Old 01-13-2014, 02:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Quote:

Indeed. I tried to tell people the same thing. Nobody wanted to listen.

I too knew that supply and demand considerations would become a problem and that is why I pulled the trigger just before Thanksgiving when BB was price matching Paul's TV and Amazon. As Speakerphile says, at that time the fence sitters were looking for a further reduction in price over Black Friday which never happened.

Cal68

Cal68
post #1005 of 2067 Old 01-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Advanced Member

Early Monday morning check 6:15 ET - Panasonic's website has NO 65ZT has 43 - 60ZT

VIERA® 65" Class ZT60 Series Full HD Plasma TV (64.7" Diag.) TC-P65ZT60
Ships in 1-3 business days
Update 0 - none left
Remove $3,199

And Amazon is down to a total of 4 with a price increase @ Paul's from $3,400 to $3,500

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma TV - Panasonic

$3,497.99 Only 2 left in stock. Sold by Paul's TV and Fulfilled by Amazon.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma TV - Panasonic

$3,799.99 Only 2 left in stock. Shipped from: US-Appliance

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #1006 of 2067 Old 01-13-2014, 05:24 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sragona View Post

If anyone is wondering, we sent 10 to Amazon's warehouse 2 weeks ago and they finally arrived. you can tell because they are "Fulfilled by Amazon" instead of shipped by us.

It's probably a good thing you're letting Amazon handle the shipping, I bought a 60ZT60 from Amazon "Shipped and Sold by Paul's TV" on Sunday 1/5 and the company you use to ship (Radiant Global Logistics) is terrible, at least to my destination (Mesa, AZ).

They were supposed to deliver the TV on Friday 1/10 between 2 and 6pm, but that time passed and I heard nothing, by 6:30 I tried calling them but got nothing but endlessly ringing phones and unanswered voice mail. At 7pm I tried again and got a "dispatch" number from one of the voicemail greetings and it was answered by a guy that didn't identify himself...I had to basically quiz him to find out he actually worked for the company and was in the warehouse. He finally told me that the driver was running late because he had to go out to Carefree or somewhere else nowhere near me, and I should hear from him shortly. But then the truck just showed up without the call I was promised...just one guy, in the dark, to deliver a large TV. At least the guy was nice enough to help me attach the pedestal before he left (which he had no idea about, he didn't know anything about TV unboxing or setup, he was just a delivery driver). Hardly "white glove" service.

The good news is that the TV seems undamaged and appears to be operating well and has none of the problem issues (loud fans, banding, green tint, excessive buzzing) that have been reported. Loving it so far, I might write a brief review in the ZT owners thread later.
post #1007 of 2067 Old 01-13-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHDTV View Post

It's probably a good thing you're letting Amazon handle the shipping, I bought a 60ZT60 from Amazon "Shipped and Sold by Paul's TV" on Sunday 1/5 and the company you use to ship (Radiant Global Logistics) is terrible, at least to my destination (Mesa, AZ).

They were supposed to deliver the TV on Friday 1/10 between 2 and 6pm, but that time passed and I heard nothing, by 6:30 I tried calling them but got nothing but endlessly ringing phones and unanswered voice mail. At 7pm I tried again and got a "dispatch" number from one of the voicemail greetings and it was answered by a guy that didn't identify himself...I had to basically quiz him to find out he actually worked for the company and was in the warehouse. He finally told me that the driver was running late because he had to go out to Carefree or somewhere else nowhere near me, and I should hear from him shortly. But then the truck just showed up without the call I was promised...just one guy, in the dark, to deliver a large TV. At least the guy was nice enough to help me attach the pedestal before he left (which he had no idea about, he didn't know anything about TV unboxing or setup, he was just a delivery driver). Hardly "white glove" service.

The good news is that the TV seems undamaged and appears to be operating well and has none of the problem issues (loud fans, banding, green tint, excessive buzzing) that have been reported. Loving it so far, I might write a brief review in the ZT owners thread later.

If you look though Amazon reviews, you will notice that people often have the same complaint with Amazon's shipping (Ceva). That said, we would appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. Can you PM me your order number?
post #1008 of 2067 Old 01-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Advanced Member

Panasonic USA - No 65ZT

Amazon - No 65ZT

Best Buy has no 65ZT (says not available in your area)

Do all these other websites actually have 65ZT's just Google tc-p65zt60 and see what you get!

post #1009 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Liked: 12
Unbelievable. Can't even described how pissed off I am right now. I just got my 2nd cracked TV from ABT.com. They are completely out of them now and I just lost an insane deal having used the 10% shopdiscover cashback, 5% cashback on internet shopping up to $1500 (1% on the rest) plus $150 cb for opening the discover card, plus i was gonna get $430 back from discover price protection. Now it's all gone and I have no TV. Only thing I can do now is order a VT60 from Amazon for about the same price I would have ended up with the ZT for. mad.gif

Edit: I was looking at $2209 OTD on a brand new 65ZT60 provided the price protection claim went through without any issues. BB does not have any VT's in my area for the $2k price they have right now and wants $3200 + tax for the ZT. I can't justify paying more then $1k over what I was going to end up getting it for. Such bad luck.
post #1010 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 11:55 AM

Liked: 10
Well I just got back from RC Willey here in Salt Lake City with a brand new ZT60 60 inch for $2249 with a 30 day price match guaranteed. They had it in stock so I was able to leave with the TV right then and there. WOOT! Kind of an impulse buy but after reading the reviews and learning that it is arguably the best TV ever made and Panasonic won't be making it again I decided to go for it! Did I do it right brahs??? wink.gif
post #1011 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 12:51 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER6669 View Post

Unbelievable. Can't even described how pissed off I am right now. I just got my 2nd cracked TV from ABT.com. They are completely out of them now and I just lost an insane deal having used the 10% shopdiscover cashback, 5% cashback on internet shopping up to $1500 (1% on the rest) plus $150 cb for opening the discover card, plus i was gonna get $430 back from discover price protection. Now it's all gone and I have no TV. Only thing I can do now is order a VT60 from Amazon for about the same price I would have ended up with the ZT for. mad.gif

You didn't know the ZT series has a built in price protection self destruct feature? If you get too good of a deal on one it will self destruct. biggrin.gif

But seriously, I figured out the same deal could be pieced together (although with no $150 since I already had a Discover card) but sat on the fence too long. I was nervous about the price protection thing working after they'd already shelled out ~15% cashback, tho.

Finally gave up and ordered a 60" ZT from Amazon earlier in the week.
post #1012 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1fd View Post

You didn't know the ZT series has a built in price protection self destruct feature? If you get too good of a deal on one it will self destruct. biggrin.gif

But seriously, I figured out the same deal could be pieced together (although with no $150 since I already had a Discover card) but sat on the fence too long. I was nervous about the price protection thing working after they'd already shelled out ~15% cashback, tho.

Apparently. Guess these TV's aren't meant to travel very far before they break. I wasn't 100% confident on the price protection either, but from what I understand (could be wrong), the merchant (ABT in this case) actually pays the shopdiscover cashback (10%) so I think the price protection would have still went through fine. I guess I'll never know now. If only best buy still had the 65VT60 still in stock for $2k I could get 5% cashback through shopdiscover there and my $150 sign up bonus. Plus tax this time. Not great compared to the amazing deal it would have been but better then nothing at this point. Of course this TV had to arrive 2-3 days too late and the $2k pricing is gone. Looks like my only option now is a 65VT60 at Amazon (89 left and dropping). I'm looking at $2295 + 7% tax at amazon now and only the $150 sign up bonus and 2% amazon rewards now. $2259.65 OTD if you count the amazon rewards as cash. $50 more then before to go down a model. frown.gif
post #1013 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER6669 View Post

Apparently. Guess these TV's aren't meant to travel very far before they break. I wasn't 100% confident on the price protection either, but from what I understand (could be wrong), the merchant (ABT in this case) actually pays the shopdiscover cashback (10%) so I think the price protection would have still went through fine. I guess I'll never know now. If only best buy still had the 65VT60 still in stock for $2k I could get 5% cashback through shopdiscover there and my $150 sign up bonus. Plus tax this time. Not great compared to the amazing deal it would have been but better then nothing at this point. Of course this TV had to arrive 2-3 days too late and the $2k pricing is gone. Looks like my only option now is a 65VT60 at Amazon (89 left and dropping). I'm looking at $2295 + 7% tax at amazon now and only the $150 sign up bonus and 2% amazon rewards now. $2259.65 OTD if you count the amazon rewards as cash. $50 more then before to go down a model. frown.gif

That sucks man. Has ABT offered to do anything under the circumstances?

post #1014 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:

That sucks man. Has ABT offered to do anything under the circumstances?

I'm not sure what they could have done to be honest. She offered to have me talk to the sales team to see what else they could offer me, but I just opted to get a refund. Reason being is they've been out of the 65VT60 for a month now and I really didn't want to drop down to the ST60. Anything they did would have to have been a great deal right off the bat because there is no chance of 10% shopdiscover cash back buying something on the phone, not to menion the 5% cashback on internet shopping is long gone as well. It's no one's fault, it just happens I guess.
post #1015 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 02:56 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1fd View PostYou didn't know the ZT series has a built in price protection self destruct feature? If you get too good of a deal on one it will self destruct. biggrin.gif  But seriously, I figured out the same deal could be pieced together (although with no $150 since I already had a Discover card) but sat on the fence too long. I was nervous about the price protection thing working after they'd already shelled out ~15% cashback, tho.

Sam here Amazon rules :) Plus if i don't like it it can always go back no questions asked

if you want the 65" and are willing to pay full price here you go http://www.zenelectronics.com/panasonic-65-zt-series-plasma-hdtv-tc-p65zt60/

post #1016 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Sam here Amazon rules smile.gif Plus if i don't like it it can always go back no questions asked

if you want the 65" and are willing to pay full price here you go http://www.zenelectronics.com/panasonic-65-zt-series-plasma-hdtv-tc-p65zt60/

The owner has mentioned before that he is required to post this at full price. He likely is selling them for less than that.

post #1017 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 03:04 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View PostThe owner has mentioned before that he is required to post this at full price. He likely is selling them for less than that.

Don't expect Amazon discounts

post #1018 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Don't expect Amazon discounts

Well, Amazon is out. So that should be a pretty easy discount to beat. Anybody that does sell the 65ZT for $2799 at this point needs to go back to business school.

post #1019 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 03:16 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View PostWell, Amazon is out. So that should be a pretty easy discount to beat. Anybody that does sell the 65ZT for $2799 at this point needs to go back to business school.

Not from the customer's perspective, any way you can still grab the 60"

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P60ZT60 $2299

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BC4SL18/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #1020 of 2067 Old 01-15-2014, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 53
BB still has 60" ZT in the Dallas area. If you order and setup for home delivery, the system says 7-10 days. You can order and pickup at their warehouse (as opposed to a store) same day. Warehouse is located in Flower Mound, TX.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page