Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1261 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Did a little poking around, still available for pick up today at Davenport, FL warehouse.

There may be others, but a couple other places that had stock yesterday seem to be gone today.

Just because there is a knob doesn't mean you should turn it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 08:09 AM

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post

Don't know if it's possible with the BB system, but I'd think your best bet is to call BB customer service to see if they can do something.

Barring that...know anyone out East that owes you a really big favor?

I have been told over and over again by BB employees, even up at the customer relations supervisor level, if they don't have any in your district they can't deliver to you or ship to a store near you.

post #1263 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

I have been told over and over again by BB employees, even up at the customer relations supervisor level, if they don't have any in your district they can't deliver to you or ship to a store near you.

This is correct. There would be a massive cost associated with this, which especially at the prices these are going for, would make it unprofitable to do so. Also, the more you transport them, the higher the likelihood of damage occurring. Because of this, it isn't a capability that they have.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1264 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
For those who bought their TVs from Amazon, did you get your 2% back within 35 days as advertised?
post #1265 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:

Did a little poking around, still available for pick up today at Davenport, FL warehouse.

There may be others, but a couple other places that had stock yesterday seem to be gone today.

They're disappearing fast at this point. BOTH of my main BBs are out of ZTs. One sold their 65 display a week and a half ago or so and when I was at the other store last night they had JUST sold theirs (and the guy said whoever bought it paid around 3k for it). This store's VT display was also long gone.
post #1266 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 09:12 AM

Liked: 11
Pacific Sales in LA Area has a few brand new and many open box. The store I went to basically had 3 65ZT60 hanging by check out on demo, another in another area, and the last one in Home theater area. Those are going for $2400! Brand new $3199
post #1267 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianny View Post

Pacific Sales in LA Area has a few brand new and many open box. The store I went to basically had 3 65ZT60 hanging by check out on demo, another in another area, and the last one in Home theater area. Those are going for $2400! Brand new $3199

Definitely not the typical scenario. Interesting though, I thought Pacific Sales just sold appliances within BB. I guess out west it's a free-standing retail store that sells electronics as well.
post #1268 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianny View Post

Nice price on a used one, get that one and slap an extended warranty on it......

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

/

/
post #1269 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 10:03 AM

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Nice price on a used one, get that one and slap an extended warranty on it......

Yep, if there's nothing wrong with it I would jump all over that price for a 65ZT. Best offer I've had on a floor model by far was 2350 from BB and that was only after getting corporate involved after a store screwed me up big time on a VT60.

post #1270 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 02:08 PM

Liked: 12
So I found a 60"VT display model for $1599 I asked them to check how many hours were on it but they would only tell me an estimated 1500

How do u check again? I googled and couldint find it, someone posted it on here a couple days ago somewhere...

The reason I wanted a 55" is I heard the smaller TV's were brighter, like the larger you got the less bright they were allowed to get is that true? And I have no idea If it will fit in my SUV.

Should I buy it and go get it?
post #1271 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 61
VT60 hours search on Google got me right to control cal with the hours. smile.gif

Menu, Help, Version, Status 4. Look at the numbers before the hyphen.There will be a letter then four digits of the hours.

I'm half tempted to get a smaller one, she's always hogging the 65", lol!
post #1272 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Update with Magnolia Design Center 60ZT60s

I ordered my set last week when they had about 100 in inventory. I'm in California btw

I know they price change on Sundays and decided to check today to see if it went down for a price adjustment. It didn't, the price for the 60zt60 is now $2499 and they have 20 something left.

Good luck everyone, it's getting down to the end frown.gif
post #1273 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 06:28 PM

Liked: 16
Just picked up a open box ZT "65 " for 2399. I had to drive 1hr 45 minutes to pick it up but it was worth it! Only 268 hours on it..picture is spectacular.!
I had just picked up the samsung f8500 last Wednesday from bestbuy but when I found the deal for the ZT ,
I couldn't pass. Samsung is going back..
Not to disrespect any of the Samsung owners out there but the ZT absolutely destroys the F8500 in picture quality. DIfferent league IMO.
post #1274 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
They won't be offended, but you can be sure they'll disagree. wink.gif
post #1275 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 582
LOL smile.gif

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #1276 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

Doesn't surprise me. They couldn't even change my order from delivery to will-call even though everybody from the bestbuy.com agent to the warehouse staff agreed the TV was there and allocated to my order.

This is going to be a week of living hell. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it actually shows up... eek.gif

post #1277 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 08:03 PM

Liked: 19
Not that I'm the expert on Best Buy, but how they work shouldn't surprise anyone. They're all over the country. Shipping electronics like TV's isn't easy so they use warehouses in districts across the country. They're similar to the airport hub since it's a hub and spoke distribution model well a hubs and spoke model. Basically, if they don't have your TV in that local place then it's not available in your area. They're not setup like Amazon. BB.com is, for better or worse, in some ways a front end for the local stores. This is obviously different from Amazon and Newegg where they don't have any local presence.

Basically, if they don't have a TV in your area, they won't sell it to you. It's not worth it to them to ship things from warehouse to warehouse. It likely drives up their internal costs quite a bit and it's not like they won't sell these.

Incidentally, if you do find it in your area, then you can get it immediately at their warehouse if you have something in which you can pick it up.

Like it or not (and if that's the base buy elsewhere), but that's how they work. I bought mine at Magnolia. They offer the best buy points thing if you want some best buy cards, but if you buy things like a ZT60, there's not much BB would sell that's worthwhile.
post #1278 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by housequestion View Post

Incidentally, if you do find it in your area, then you can get it immediately at their warehouse if you have something in which you can pick it up.

Yes, you can, as long as you don't order it for delivery then try to change it to will-call. I spent half a day trying to get mine changed; no dice.

post #1279 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 PM

You have to understand how these companies work. Cancel your order. Re-order it. Play their system.
post #1280 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You have to understand how these companies work. Cancel your order. Re-order it. Play their system.

I know it's hard to believe, I myself was in dismay, but they said they couldn't cancel it either. System wouldn't let them make any changes, so they said. I tried with the warehouse folks, the bb.com folks, and the folks at the local store. No can do...was the consistent answer they all arrived at. I didn't detect it as simply a canned answer either, and this ain't my first dance in these sorts of matters.

Apparently when the order gets to the "allocated for delivery" stage, there is no changing it and I was not/am not interested in trying to sort out dealing with two new TVs....

post #1281 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 09:51 PM

That's called them lying and you letting them push you around. You can refuse delivery. It's simple. No risk to you. Then just buy your TV and get it. Costs you nothing and as someone who travels to a different state most weeks and works at least 60 hours a week, it doesn't take pretty much any time.

Incidentally, you should find out who refused to cancel it, call the store manager, complain and then order it from a different Worst Buy. Better yet, just go to a different WB and explain what you're trying to do.

Don't let them push you around like that.
post #1282 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

BS there is no risk.... The risk to me is no 60ZT60.

There wasn't any time to play games. They ARE gone in this region.

You don't have a ****ing clue how long I spent on the phone and how many people I talked to trying to get this changed. And, I'm not some POS that orders something then sticks it to the company because I changed my mind, re. just refuse delivery.
CatchersDad likes this.

post #1283 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know it's hard to believe, I myself was in dismay, but they said they couldn't cancel it either. System wouldn't let them make any changes, so they said. I tried with the warehouse folks, the bb.com folks, and the folks at the local store. No can do...was the consistent answer they all arrived at. I didn't detect it as simply a canned answer either, and this ain't my first dance in these sorts of matters.

Apparently when the order gets to the "allocated for delivery" stage, there is no changing it and I was not/am not interested in trying to sort out dealing with two new TVs....

Unfortunately, in order for them to accurately manage inventory, once an item has been picked and staged for delivery the order cannot be modified. This assures that someone doesn't come pick up a TV and then one still goes out for delivery. At this stage though, you are usually fairly close to your delivery date. The best advice I can give is decide how you want to get your TV and stick with it.. It would be great if they could change things at any stage in the process, but it's just not realistic, and I don't think it's really fair to knock Best Buy for this(Not that you were necessarily).

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1284 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not that I'm the expert on Best Buy, but how they work shouldn't surprise anyone. They're all over the country. Shipping electronics like TV's isn't easy so they use warehouses in districts across the country. They're similar to the airport hub since it's a hub and spoke distribution model well a hubs and spoke model. Basically, if they don't have your TV in that local place then it's not available in your area. They're not setup like Amazon. BB.com is, for better or worse, in some ways a front end for the local stores. This is obviously different from Amazon and Newegg where they don't have any local presence.

Basically, if they don't have a TV in your area, they won't sell it to you. It's not worth it to them to ship things from warehouse to warehouse. It likely drives up their internal costs quite a bit and it's not like they won't sell these.

Like it or not (and if that's the base buy elsewhere), but that's how they work. I bought mine at Magnolia. They offer the best buy points thing if you want some best buy cards, but if you buy things like a ZT60, there's not much BB would sell that's worthwhile.

This is basically the gist of it. Another thing this process allows Best Buy to do is to retain full control over their delivery service. This has obvious benefits, well evidenced by the consistency of their delivery service compared to the contracted services discussed on this forum at length. Not saying the service is perfect, but I think it's fair to say that it is more reliable and hassle free than other retailers.

post #1285 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 10:47 PM

Again, just refuse delivery and order the TV and pick it up. End of story. It's not a sale if you don't take delivery.
post #1286 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I've resigned to just wait for the delivery. I didn't think it would be a big deal to change it to will call but apparently it is.

At this point getting the TV is more important to me than making some sort of point that probably isn't in my best interest anyway.

post #1287 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Again, just refuse delivery and order the TV and pick it up. End of story. It's not a sale if you don't take delivery.

Then I will have no new TV because they are GONE in this region so that is not an option, and I don't play that sort of game anyway. Don't waste my time mentioning it again.

The lesson here is order it for pick up/will call if that's what you really want. Don't order it for delivery then try to change it.

post #1288 of 2079 Old 01-26-2014, 10:56 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by myared View Post

For those who bought their TVs from Amazon, did you get your 2% back within 35 days as advertised?

I did, and as I recall it was given almost exactly 35 days after. The 2% credit didn't actually seem to show up anywhere on the site, but was automatically applied to my new orders during check out.

post #1289 of 2079 Old 01-27-2014, 03:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Unfortunately, in order for them to accurately manage inventory, once an item has been picked and staged for delivery the order cannot be modified. This assures that someone doesn't come pick up a TV and then one still goes out for delivery. At this stage though, you are usually fairly close to your delivery date. The best advice I can give is decide how you want to get your TV and stick with it.. It would be great if they could change things at any stage in the process, but it's just not realistic, and I don't think it's really fair to knock Best Buy for this(Not that you were necessarily).

I'm still wondering what happened with my ZT60 if that's the case. I guess for open box items AT THE STORE there's a period where the store inventory system will still allow an item to be sold even if it's been put into OMS for delivery.

Actually, I think I know what happened. On the day when I decided I wanted to buy that OB set, everyone was busy or something so I just looked at the back of the TV and grabbed one of the little stickers that had the OB price and the SKU on it since I knew it was customer service that would be inputting this order since there was an exchange and pickup involved, not the guy in the magnolia department. I remember when we were all finished she DID radio the guy in magnolia to make sure the TV was over there, but then I left.

So I'm assuming had the magnolia guy known what was going on he would have taken the TV off into a corner and wrapped it up or something. I saw exactly this happen yesterday when they sold their floor model 65ZT. The moment the customer left it was removed from the display, bubble wrapped and whisked off to some back room I'm guessing. The one I bought was in an excess inventory spot as it was not a floor model, so I guess no one ever took it down, customer came later that day and bought it and it got sold. The only thing i do remember is getting an email a couple of days later stating my delivery was cancelled and then re-scheduled, then my brand new TV showed up a few days later.

My experience with BB's delivery guys echoes your sentiments. Never had a problem (knock on wood) and it's nice that they don't have to try to back a semi truck like threading a needle depending on where you live. When I ordered a TV from ShopNBC the semi truck driver had to back all the way into the complex and then he alone helped me up three flights of stairs. He was great, but it was a strange delivery arrangement.
post #1290 of 2079 Old 01-27-2014, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
My BB purchasing experience was a little different. After I ordered my TV, it was listed as Processing for 3 days. Worried I wasn't going to get the TV, I called the warehouse on a Wednesday night and requested to pickup the TV and cancel the delivery. The person I spoke to said I could do that or they could move up the delivery date. I was surprised when told I could move up the delivery date since their system was showing the order as Processing and wasn't aware I had a delivery date. (The date was probably the estimated delivery date that is shown before you click add to cart.) I agreed to move up the delivery and had my TV by Friday morning. The delivery was sub-contracted out to a local delivery company. Two guys showed up, unboxed the TV, hooked up the stand, place the TV on the cabinet and then powered up the TV.

So, only real issue I had with BB is the order was listed as Processing for 3 days. I got burned by BB in the past when I ordered a V10 from them and which they never fulfilled. Based on my past experience and knowing these TV were in short supply, was determined not to let it happen again.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page