post #1802 of 1968 Old 03-02-2014, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by if200 View Post

Posted on the VT60 thread but no one seems to care. They have the 65VT60 at Sears in Queens, NY at the Rego Park store for $2500 and a floor model for $2250. I have no idea of the condition of the floor model. They seem to have them in stock in the warehouse and can still order them. It says out of stock on the website but they just marked it as discontinued a couple of days ago in the store. I hope it helps someone.

Thanks. By the time I called, they only had the 55", but for a great price - too bad it's too small for my room.

fdsfds
post #1803 of 1968 Old 03-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by maveTOR View Post

Hi, I am from Toronto and getting 65ZT60 for almost 5400 after tax+1 yr additional Panasonic warranty (4600+taxes and delivery). I am currently owning 58VT25 which was ISF calibrated and have run that for around 1000 hrs in 4 years. Do you think its worth to put money towards ZT60. I have ready everything and seen TV many times , so hoping some wise men/woman would share their perspective to help me in my decision process.

That's 100% dependent on if you are willing to pay the price - that's probably one of the better deals left.

fdsfds
post #1804 of 1968 Old 03-02-2014, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Unfortunately folks in Canada prices have been higher than US prices. Atleast that's what I have seen posted.
post #1805 of 1968 Old 03-02-2014, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by maveTOR View Post

Hi, I am from Toronto and getting 65ZT60 for almost 5400 after tax+1 yr additional Panasonic warranty (4600+taxes and delivery). I am currently owning 58VT25 which was ISF calibrated and have run that for around 1000 hrs in 4 years. Do you think its worth to put money towards ZT60. I have ready everything and seen TV many times , so hoping some wise men/woman would share their perspective to help me in my decision process.

If you can afford it - YES, Absolutely. I moved from a 55ST30 to a ZT60 and the improvement is incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

No no no..not even worth 3K

Dude, you really need to stop posting on this thread.
Tom Riddle likes this.
post #1806 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 04:48 AM

Liked: 99
Your telling someone to buy a TV for 5400$ whether they can afford it or not that's way above even the original price tag on the 65ZT. You had a 55ST30 so how can you even tell him that is a reasonable decision. And of course you saw a vast improvement, you had an ST30. Even an ST50 would knocked its socks off.That's just terrible advice to give I'm sorry. But oh well spend your money it's not mine but I sure wouldn't buy a TV for 5400$. Your better off waiting for some bigger OLED with that type of cash not a discontinued plasma that was half that price when available. Just my two cents but that's not sound advice IMO.
post #1807 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

Your telling someone to buy a TV for 5400$ whether they can afford it or not that's way above even the original price tag on the 65ZT. You had a 55ST30 so how can you even tell him that is a reasonable decision. And of course you saw a vast improvement, you had an ST30. Even an ST50 would knocked its socks off.That's just terrible advice to give I'm sorry. But oh well spend your money it's not mine but I sure wouldn't buy a TV for 5400$. Your better off waiting for some bigger OLED with that type of cash not a discontinued plasma that was half that price when available. Just my two cents but that's not sound advice IMO.
For whatever reason canada prices have always been that high. There's a few people who have traveled across the border to the US to buy it cheaper and pay customs fee.
post #1808 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 09:26 AM

Liked: 25
Quote:

Your telling someone to buy a TV for 5400$ whether they can afford it or not that's way above even the original price tag on the 65ZT.

WRONG! Please read before posting. I clearly said 'if you can afford it ...'

Quote:

.....that's way above even the original price tag on the 65ZT.

So, you are one those people who has no idea of value, and just cares about getting a discount off the list price, whether it is reasonable or not.

Quote:

You had a 55ST30 so how can you even tell him that is a reasonable decision. And of course you saw a vast improvement, you had an ST30. Even an ST50 would knocked its socks off.

Don't you read any reviews? All experts agree that the ZT is visibly better than even the previous generation, not to mention the VT25.

Quote:

But oh well spend your money it's not mine but I sure wouldn't buy a TV for 5400$.

Actually, it's his money. And, nobody cares if you would buy this TV or not. It is about the guy asking the question, not you.

Quote:

Just my two cents but that's not sound advice IMO.

At 2 cents, you are greatly overestimating the value of your opinion.
Tom Riddle likes this.
post #1809 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock1234 View Post

So, you are one those people who has no idea of value, and just cares about getting a discount off the list price, whether it is reasonable or not.
Don't you read any reviews? All experts agree that the ZT is visibly better than even the previous generation, not to mention the VT25.
Actually, it's his money. And, nobody cares if you would buy this TV or not. It is about the guy asking the question, not about you.

Please be generous - with inflation 2 cents isn't what it used to be - at one time you could get 2 pieces of bubble gum, a stick pretzel or a 2 Cents plain (seltzer) - think of anything you can get for 2 cents today!!

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880

Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #1810 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 605
Quote:

I totally agree with you that $5,400 is way to much to pay for a ZT60. But I also think when you had an 65VT60 for $1700, you were crazy to spend $3000 on a ZT60. You obviously could afford the extra $1,300 but to a lot of us that probably makes no sense at all to spend that much more for the extra daytime bump.

But who are we to judge. biggrin.gif
post #1811 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
^Your working with outdated information. He moved on from that one now. biggrin.gif
post #1812 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^Your working with outdated information. He moved on from that one now. biggrin.gif
Come on man. I am up to date on my Soap Opera's. He now has a used 65ZT60 from BB. I cannot believe Paul's TV is actually going to take back another TV from him.

I have never seen someone who was so unhappy with a brand and continually bashes it but keeps purchasing them like it is just a pack of Jelly Beans.
eaayoung likes this.
post #1813 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 PM

haha, soz. Well, I guess he realized that $1300 sting was too much to bear for panel separation. wink.gif
post #1814 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock1234 View Post

Actually, it's his money. And, nobody cares if you would buy this TV or not. It is about the guy asking the question, not you.

Well regardless of what you think that's pretty bad advice. No duh it's his money, but that money could be spent on something even better why spend it on an outdated item at twice the price. That's why your advice is horrendous. Next time read what is written instead of skimming through it. I said of course you see an improvement over your mid range ST30. I was saying, and I'm saying this thinking you can actually read, is that even a ST50 would have blown away the ST30. HEck even a VT30 prolly would have. I of course the ZT60 is going to be a major increase in PQ it is a flag ship model. Your comparing apples and oranges. Your comparison has no worth. Even an ST60 would knock your ST30 socks off. Talk about illiterate.

And IF he can afford it I would still tell
Him to save a few thousand more cuz he is more than half of the way there in buying an OLED set. That's what's called advice. I wouldn't be money well spent. And even eric1336 agrees with me which is odd. So you sir are wrong.
post #1815 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Come on man. I am up to date on my Soap Opera's. He now has a used 65ZT60 from BB. I cannot believe Paul's TV is actually going to take back another TV from him.

I have never seen someone who was so unhappy with a brand and continually bashes it but keeps purchasing them like it is just a pack of Jelly Beans.

Sell me one that's built right and doesn't have screen scratches and bezel scratches(1st VT60 from Pauls), dirt/particles under the screen (2nd VT60 from Pauls) and panel separation (1st ZT60, 3rd TV from Pauls

Not like they didn't have any issues. Great product when the QC on is good. But a few must have slipped through. And I have seen plenty of others return for other reasons as well, like stupidity cuz they left there TV on and now a logo is on it. Please man I'm not the only one. Tit for tat everyone has done this at some point. Every year I read how Panny can't get it right. Rising blacks a few years back, green blobs, pink blobs, etc etc. like I said in the beginning it was the best option since Pioneer isn't around and Sammy gets bashed a lot. So if it doesn't work out ill torture the F8500 thread or wait till August for the H7000 plasma
post #1816 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:

I totally agree with you that $5,400 is way to much to pay for a ZT60. But I also think when you had an 65VT60 for $1700, you were crazy to spend $3000 on a ZT60. You obviously could afford the extra $1,300 but to a lot of us that probably makes no sense at all to spend that much more for the extra daytime bump.

But who are we to judge. biggrin.gif

I wouldn't say I'm unhappy, more disappointed which is worse. I was expecting something as great as the KURO and though it's on par there's just something about the KURO that makes your expectations so high especially the build quality of the pioneers. Though they still had flaws it wasn't nearly as bad as these.

Yea but I also agreed on how dumb that was. Black level do something to a man that nothing else can wink.gif

And I got a slap in the face for doing it so I found a better more reasonable deal. And thought slightly used (182 hours is still a baby) I was able inspect every angle if it. BB is very reassuring I told them I should of came there first and price matched from the get go.

I'm done so please leave me out of all this. I am being admitted to a psych ward
Tomorrow so I won't be able to give update on the TV for a bit. Thanks to you guys I realized that I could use the help.

And now Bob Brennan is taking votes or doing some kind of poll for all these issues so I guess I'm not the only one who finds these things to be unacceptable. But the horrible
Black level thing idk who is experiencing that on the ZT. I don't get what he's doing I guess.
eaayoung likes this.
post #1817 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 01:40 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:

I wouldn't say I'm unhappy, more disappointed which is worse. I was expecting something as great as the KURO and though it's on par there's just something about the KURO that makes your expectations so high especially the build quality of the pioneers. Though they still had flaws it wasn't nearly as bad as these.

Yea but I also agreed on how dumb that was. Black level do something to a man that nothing else can wink.gif

And I got a slap in the face for doing it so I found a better more reasonable deal. And thought slightly used (182 hours is still a baby) I was able inspect every angle if it. BB is very reassuring I told them I should of came there first and price matched from the get go.

I'm done so please leave me out of all this. I am being admitted to a psych ward
Tomorrow so I won't be able to give update on the TV for a bit. Thanks to you guys I realized that I could use the help.

And now Bob Brennan is taking votes or doing some kind of poll for all these issues so I guess I'm not the only one who finds these things to be unacceptable. But the horrible
Black level thing idk who is experiencing that on the ZT. I don't get what he's doing I guess.

I actually embarrassed myself by cackling out loud at work reading this. Self, please go an a long vacation without any TV/Video intrusions. Contemplate the meaning of life and imagine it without any TV issues. Your doctor, girlfriend, family will love you.

post #1818 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 01:46 PM

Liked: 22

Bob, keep up the good work keeping tabs on production volume. My 60ZT60 is A15303 Serial# MK32950012 made on October 22 by your system.

post #1819 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

With Obama-Care mental health treatment has parity with other illnesses - Relax, enjoy, take your medication, don't watch TV and we will see you when you are released (hopefully)

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880

Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #1820 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:

And IF he can afford it I would still tell
Him to save a few thousand more cuz he is more than half of the way there in buying an OLED set. That's what's called advice. I wouldn't be money well spent. And even eric1336 agrees with me which is odd. So you sir are wrong.

It's all relative..what is a lot of money for you or me is not a lot of money for someone else. I know people that want the best at any cost and if they wanted a TV today at 5000 dollar (if that's what they wanted to spend)price point ,I would tell them get the ZT . IF they wanted to spend 8000 ,get an OLED.

Some people don't care how much an item costs,whether it's on sale,if it's a good deal,whatever... To me ,paying 8000 for OLED tv or any TV is not good advice but who am I to judge what something is worth..

For now,I will just keep saving for that 350000 Ferrari ..Do you think it's worth it?
CatchersDad likes this.
post #1821 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppipro View Post

It's all relative..what is a lot of money for you or me is not a lot of money for someone else. I know people that want the best at any cost and if they wanted a TV today at 5000 dollar (if that's what they wanted to spend)price point ,I would tell them get the ZT . IF they wanted to spend 8000 ,get an OLED.

Some people don't care how much an item costs,whether it's on sale,if it's a good deal,whatever... To me ,paying 8000 for OLED tv ,or any TV is not good advice but who am I to judge what something is worth..

For now,I will just keep saving for that 350000 Ferrari ..Do you think it's worth it?
The poster obviously does care about the money being spent which is the reason he posted here asking if the TV was worth the premium price it was being sold for. People come here for advice and hoping to hear people's different perspectives. Of course everyone's opinion of worth it and value will be different but you can give your opinion and reasons why you would choose one way or another.

I really do not see why someone wold not just buy an F8500 and save themselves a ton of money. The ZT60's are obviously being jacked up in price and no, if Panasonic didn't think the TV was worth that much then no one else should either. The F8500 is a great TV and the cost difference in price is not justified between the two. There are plenty of people that will even tell you the F8500 is gthe better TV anyway.

If I personally was going to spend over $5,000 on a TV I would sure want something bigger then 65 inches even if it was a PQ hit. The size difference between a 80" TV and a 65" TV will make you forget about black levels sooner then you might think. Look at the terrible black levels at the movie theater but you pay for the big screen experience which offers a whole different effect of movie watching.
dsskid likes this.
post #1822 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of people that will even tell you the F8500 is the better TV anyway.
Plenty of laymen, no pros. wink.gif
post #1823 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Plenty of laymen, no pros. wink.gif
I should have said their are plenty of F8500 owners who lover their TV and chose it over the Panasonic by choice and there is nothing wrong with that. It is also a great TV. The ZT60 is no way worth a few thousand more then an F8500 unless you have Jay Z money. But then again, if you were Jay Z people wouldn't try to be ripping you off. It's not good for business.
post #1824 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:

The poster obviously does care about the money being spent which is the reason he posted here asking if the TV was worth the premium price it was being sold for. People come here for advice and hoping to hear people's different perspectives. Of course everyone's opinion of worth it and value will be different but you can give your opinion and reasons why you would choose one way or another.

Premium price ? Everything in Canada is at a premium price ...The ZT sells for 4999 retail! At 4600 he is getting a discount.
post #1825 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Premium price ? Everything in Canada is at a premium price ...The ZT sells for 4999 retail! At 4600 he is getting a discount.
Well, then that is a whole different story then. It would need to be put into perspective with other prices of TV's in Canada.

Why so much there or is it just certain TV's?
post #1826 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:

I should have said their are plenty of F8500 owners who lover their TV and chose it over the Panasonic by choice and there is nothing wrong with that. It is also a great TV. The ZT60 is no way worth a few thousand more then an F8500 unless you have Jay Z money. But then again, if you were Jay Z people wouldn't try to be ripping you off. It's not good for business.
I don't disagree, but yea, Canada. wink.gif Import fees are partly the reason for elevated prices.
post #1827 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:

Well, then that is a whole different story then. It would need to be put into perspective with other prices of TV's in Canada.

Why so much there or is it just certain TV's?

The retailers claim "because of duties and taxes when importing". The fact is Canadians have getting reamed on almost all goods (electronics ,cars ,shoes,etc..) for years .

Retailers years ago were claiming "because of the strong American dollar". In recent years the Canadian dollar was almost at par +\- 10% but the prices never came down ?they actually went up for a lot of goods.

I live in canada ..I picked up my ZT in the USA , open box ,270 hours on it for 2399. Even after taxes ,duties etc at the border ,it came to around 3000 . The closest I came to a panny plasma in Canada this year was a VT 65 and they wanted almost 4000 after taxes and I would have bought it had I not come across the ZT deal.

I also did the same last year for my vt50 55 and picked it up for 1599 (in Canada it was 2900 after taxes)

In 2009 I bought a Honda CBR 1000 rr sport bike brand new in the USA for 7900 .(came out to 9500 after import taxes ). In canada it was 16000 after taxes!! And the list goes on and on...insane.
CatchersDad likes this.
post #1828 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The retailers claim "because of duties and taxes when importing". The fact is Canadians have getting reamed on almost all goods (electronics ,cars ,shoes,etc..) for years .

Retailers years ago were claiming "because of the strong American dollar". In recent years the Canadian dollar was almost at par +\- 10% but the prices never came down ?they actually went up for a lot of goods.

I live in canada ..I picked up my ZT in the USA , open box ,270 hours on it for 2399. Even after taxes ,duties etc at the border ,it came to around 3000 . The closest I came to a panny plasma in Canada this year was a VT 65 and they wanted almost 4000 after taxes and I would have bought it had I not come across the ZT deal.

I also did the same last year for my vt50 55 and picked it up for 1599 (in Canada it was 2900 after taxes)

In 2009 I bought a Honda CBR 1000 rr sport bike brand new in the USA for 7900 .(came out to 9500 after import taxes ). In canada it was 16000 after taxes!! And the list goes on and on...insane.
Wow, are the salary ranges higher their to justify the prices they charge? If the US was charging double the current prices but salaries remained the same I think a lot more people would be struggling to purchase these goods.
post #1829 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Wow, are the salary ranges higher their to justify the prices they charge? If the US was charging double the current prices but salaries remained the same I think a lot more people would be struggling to purchase these goods.

No ,typically Canadians make a lot less than our U.S neighbours doing the same job ,but at least we have free healthcare! rolleyes.gif ..(is it really free?)
post #1830 of 1968 Old 03-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

I'm done so please leave me out of all this. I am being admitted to a psych ward. Tomorrow so I won't be able to give update on the TV for a bit. Thanks to you guys I realized that I could use the help.

Self..., I'm glad your getting help. It take real guts to know when you need help and to reach out for it. I know. Did wonders for me back in my 30's. I'm a better man for it.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page