Panasonic ZT60 Deals... - Page 68 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2011 of 2014 Old 07-27-2014, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
With all due respect,
Its hard to explain to someone who doesn't own a ZT..
Also since you don't own a ZT there is that "sour grapes" effect due to which I expect you to not buy into my argument. Ofcourse your instant reaction is to disagree with this reasoning as well and I would understand that also.

By the way, I currently own an 55ST60 (I paid $550 for it and thought i got a great deal and it had 1600 hours on it) and the 65ZT60 and the feeling of owning something (ZT) that is close to being so perfect makes me feel like I belong to an exclusive class of people is hard to explain. I didn't get that feeling when I owned the ST. its that feeling that keeps most owners of the ZT from selling out once these frothy times are behind us by the end of this year or so. And its going to get expensive for those outsiders who want to join the exclusive club of ZT owners. The picture quality and fit and finish on the ZT is truly outstanding and significantly (but not enough to convince many (possibly you included) that its worth the price difference) above that of the ST.

You are wrong about BestBuy NOT clearancing off the 60ZT60 for $2400.. how am I so sure? I placed the order and never bothered to pick it up as I couldn't justify the $2400 price back then (in March of this year) for an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
honestly

I dont think so

Your facebook example is not really the same as people were buying that specifically to make a profit
I am not sure sure buying a TV is really something is essentially a "for profit" transaction

while there are some that would pay a premium for a new in the box units vs the open box units that available for $1800-2000
I dont think it will be anywhere near the prices some are throwing out there

Use my example I stated earlier of the Sharp Elite 70"...there are used ones out there for $7000 with no warranty
a year ago you could buy an open box at Best Buy for $2500( or less) with a factory warranty

I think the person that will pay $7000 for that unit..or what I have seen a couple of ZT's listed for is a needle in a haystack buyer and does by no means represent the market value

Especially since there will always be someone that will sell it for a realistic price

People said the same thing about the Pioneer Kuro
There are goofballs with crazy asking prices...then there are those that are asking what they should be for a 5 year old TV

When the F8500 inventory is gone...the same thing will happen..mark my words

Tv's have gotten too commodity oriented with the "next best thing" coming almost every year
There is a very small percentage that would pay these crazy asking prices that some have thrown out there

I think the vast majority of people believe there will be something bigger and better on the horizon. Therefore those willing to pay some of these crazy asking prices will be a very small ( if any) selection of buyers

by the way...the 65" ZT was going for the $2400 you mentioned...not the 60
""

Warren

Last edited by rman66; 07-27-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2014 Old 07-27-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman66 View Post
With all due respect,
Its hard to explain to someone who doesn't own a ZT..
Also since you don't own a ZT there is that "sour grapes" effect due to which I expect you to not buy into my argument. Ofcourse your instant reaction is to disagree with this reasoning as well and I would understand that also.

By the way, I currently own an 55ST60 (I paid $550 for it and thought i got a great deal and it had 1600 hours on it) and the 65ZT60 and the feeling of owning something (ZT) that is close to being so perfect makes me feel like I belong to an exclusive class of people is hard to explain. I didn't get that feeling when I owned the ST. its that feeling that keeps most owners of the ZT from selling out once these frothy times are behind us by the end of this year or so. And its going to get expensive for those outsiders who want to join the exclusive club of ZT owners. The picture quality and fit and finish on the ZT is truly outstanding and significantly (but not enough to convince many (possibly you included) that its worth the price difference) above that of the ST.
and with all due respect I could have bought a ZT...lol
Both the ZT , F8500 and VT were all readily available when I bought the F8500

I chose the F8500 because I like the brightness as I am big sports watcher and I have windows in the room

So for me...I have a preference for the F8500 in my application

so for me....with watching sports etc in a room with windows the F8500 is my perfection

Nothing can match the bright room performance..plasma wise...of the F8500

If you have not experienced what the F8500 can do in a room with light..you should
Its a beautiful thing and it completely changes some of the "handicaps" that plasma had in the past

The St60 is a good TV...especially for what I paid

But again...there are limitations because of the glare filter
My perfect example of the goofball prices was what I have seen for the prices of the Sharp Elite LED

Maybe someone will pay them

others will be smarter and check around...there will be something better on the horizon

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #2013 of 2014 Old 07-27-2014, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I must admit I am a bit biased against Samsung.. they seem to be everywhere and want to do everything.. and in attempting to do everything not able to achieve perfection in anything
With Panasonic ZT.. its their last and final attempt at achieving perfection before they completely abandoned the "plasma" market all together. And yes, Panasonic does other things too but
we all know they have made more investments in PLasma than any other company out there.. and I trust their product more than that from Samsung the 8500 included
I have an issue with daylight, have bright windows and might have been better off with the 8500 (for watching during daytime) but I just dont have that "placebo" effect of exclusivity with the 8500. I also watch TV mostly during night time where the ZT beats the Samsung 8500. (ref: http://www.cnet.com/products/panasonic-tc-p65zt60/) The 8500 has never been
subject to heavy price fluctuations like the ZT.. and when the ZT is offered at such a killer discount, its hard to ignore that. While the 8500 production runs are still happening, the ZTs have stopped long ago
and in the worrld of economics, price is determined at the intersection of supply and demand. I am betting that the demand will outstrip supply causing prices to rise on the ZTs.
I have no more to say on this topic. Its been nice conversing. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
and with all due respect I could have bought a ZT...lol
Both the ZT , F8500 and VT were all readily available when I bought the F8500

I chose the F8500 because I like the brightness as I am big sports watcher and I have windows in the room

So for me...I have a preference for the F8500 in my application

so for me....with watching sports etc in a room with windows the F8500 is my perfection

Nothing can match the bright room performance..plasma wise...of the F8500

If you have not experienced what the F8500 can do in a room with light..you should
Its a beautiful thing and it completely changes some of the "handicaps" that plasma had in the past

The St60 is a good TV...especially for what I paid

But again...there are limitations because of the glare filter
My perfect example of the goofball prices was what I have seen for the prices of the Sharp Elite LED

Maybe someone will pay them

others will be smarter and check around...there will be something better on the horizon

Warren

Last edited by rman66; 07-27-2014 at 07:44 PM.
post #2014 of 2014 Old 07-27-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman66 View Post
I must admit I am a bit biased against Samsung.. they seem to be everywhere and want to do everything.. and in attempting to do everything not able to achieve perfection in anything
With Panasonic ZT.. its their last and final attempt at achieving perfection before they completely abandoned the "plasma" market all together. And yes, Panasonic does other things too but
we all know they have made more investments in PLasma than any other company out there.. and I trust their product more than that from Samsung the 8500 included
I have an issue with daylight, have bright windows and might have been better off with the 8500 but I just dont have that "placebo" effect of exclusivity with the 8500. The 8500 has never been
subject to heavy price fluctuations like the ZT.. and when the ZT is offered at such a killer discount, its hard to ignore that. While the 8500 production runs are still happening, the ZTs have stopped long ago
and in the worrld of economics, price is determined at the intersection of supply and demand. I am betting that the demand will outstrip supply causing prices to rise on the ZTs.
I have no more to say on this topic. Its been nice conversing. Thank you.
with all due respect

I think you have just admitted that you are drinking the coolade

While it was their last attempt at making plasma...many still preferred other panels

So...clearly perfection was not something they achieved since it was not all things to all people..including some that still preferred their 5-6 year old Kuro's

I think Samsung was trying to come up with a panel to try to capture the other 85% of the market that said plasmas were too dim, not sharp and could not be used in a room with any light
IMO..they succeeded
This coming from a person who owns both Panasonic and Samsung plasmas now and in the past

In terms of corporate plasma panel investment...neither of us knows that information
They have been heavier in a market... plasma... that represents less than 15% of the total panels sold
Added to that...they have been losing money for years on their Tv business while Samsung( and LG to name another) have made a profit

If I were a betting man...I would say that the companies that made a profit have been investing more in their TV business than those that were losing money on it
That is business 101
I dont understand why people on AVS seem to not take into account that these companies are "for -profit".
I was surprised that they remained in the plasma TV business another year...based on their financials lthe last couple of years

I agree with you on the wide price fluctuations of the VT/ZT. One could say they "cheapened" their image by selling them at that price. The 65" inch ZT for less than $2500 was a good buy.
Imagine if you were one those early adopters that paid $1200-1400 more a few months earlier
YIKES!!....talk about a bad investment
The F8500 except for a few short and limited situations....has held its price the whole time give or take a few hundred...even while Panasonic was blowing their product out the door
I was one of the lucky ones who got in the Conn's deal on the F8500
In no way would I have paid the $3100 for the 8500. I would kept my E8000 and did an audio upgrade
Audio and video are of 50/50 importance to me and frankly good audio costs a lot more than a good TV does

You could be right...maybe the market value of the ZT will rise. There are still a lot of open box/store displays around though
I think when the F8500 is discontinued some will try to ask crazy prices on it as well
I wish them all luck..lol

OLED prices should be at a point in the next couple of years....such as the $2K deal at Microcenter for the 55" LG...where that those make good financial sense

That technology seems to have where with all to outperform anything in the past....and I dont see many negatives

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page