Panasonic ZT60 Deals... - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2079 Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Backing up Dallas82 above, Best Buy here (north Baltimore metro) has the 60" ZT60 for $2599. I went in today planning to buy a 60" VT60 and walked out with the ZT because that's a great deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2079 Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post

Speakerphile......How have the sales of the VT/ZT been lately? My BB salesman told me that they were selling more Sony X900's than they were selling ZT's and sometimes VT and ZT's combined.

I can't really comment on specific sales data. The sales guys really only have visibility their store, or their local area at best. At a higher level, I can tell you, that would not be a correct statement. At the same time, Sony's goal isn't to outsell a $3500 plasma. Sure, they'd be happy to, but it's not an expectation of theirs. biggrin.gif

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #183 of 2079 Old 08-06-2013, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischmidt View Post

Backing up Dallas82 above, Best Buy here (north Baltimore metro) has the 60" ZT60 for $2599. I went in today planning to buy a 60" VT60 and walked out with the ZT because that's a great deal.

I was able to get the 65" VT for the price of a 60" ZT. Time to stop by and see if the VT followed suit again!
post #184 of 2079 Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 PM

I grabbed customer returned (within 15 days) & BB fixed (fan noise) 65ZT60 for $2899 with same warranty as the brand new one.

Is it a good deal?
How & What should I test in the next few days?
Does 4 yrs warranty make sense specially considering if anything goes wrong, BB will either repair or mostly replace it with equivalent item (think OLED)!
Also, is the new (current) 3D glasses are better then the last year's? I need to order at least 2 more. Where to shop for the best deal?
post #185 of 2079 Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsOfMisses View Post

I grabbed customer returned (within 15 days) & BB fixed (fan noise) 65ZT60 for $2899 with same warranty as the brand new one.

Is it a good deal?
How & What should I test in the next few days?
Does 4 yrs warranty make sense specially considering if anything goes wrong, BB will either repair or mostly replace it with equivalent item (think OLED)!
Also, is the new (current) 3D glasses are better then the last year's? I need to order at least 2 more. Where to shop for the best deal?

Be very careful with customer returns, and if you decided to get it, get a flash light and check every corner of the TV. I have had 4 exchanges, and 2 of them were damaged. One of them had dent on the stand/pedestal, and the last one has the tiny crack on the left bottom corner which is hard to see. I didn't even see the crack until after the delivery guys left, because it was under their fingerprints, and I didn't have time to clean the screen thoroughly while they were standing there.

You can get a new one for $3,200 if you haggle a bit. So, if you ask me, $300 doesn't really worth it, and you are better off with a brand new one.
post #186 of 2079 Old 08-14-2013, 02:16 PM

Oh, really! What am I really checking for with the flashlight? Apart from physical cracks/dents, any other things I should check for?

Thank you!
post #187 of 2079 Old 08-14-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsOfMisses View Post

Oh, really! What am I really checking for with the flashlight? Apart from physical cracks/dents, any other things I should check for?

Thank you!

The crack I had was not a normal crack. It was a hair line scratch from inside or a piece of fiber, maybe I never know for sure. With flash light directing at the screen and moving slightly to left and right/up and down, it is easier to see such abnormalities.

Best...
post #188 of 2079 Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland View Post

Why are people starting to discuss issues with particular sets on the bargains found forum, instead of on the regular Plasma forum, which was set up as the place to do just that? Why clutter up the bargains threads with such Off Topic discussions, when there is another forum available for such comments?

A better question would be...why not just allow price discussion in the main thread?

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #189 of 2079 Old 08-14-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

A better question would be...why not just allow price discussion in the main thread?

I didn't find the original post by Greenland that you did quote, but to clarify, the reason we brought it up was the purchase of "bargain" returned sets. It was all relevant.
post #190 of 2079 Old 08-14-2013, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost! View Post

I didn't find the original post by Greenland that you did quote, but to clarify, the reason we brought it up was the purchase of "bargain" returned sets. It was all relevant.

No worries. It didn't bother me. I was just responding to Greenland's post.

post #191 of 2079 Old 08-16-2013, 05:37 PM

Liked: 12
Seems crazy but purchased a zt65 for 2999 at a Chicago area BB. Free reward membership & points brought the net down by another 55.
That also extended return period to 60 days. Free delivery & hauling etc. for years I'd avoid BB like the plague, but everything about the service to date has been great. As you know it's a great panel- all good here.
post #192 of 2079 Old 08-16-2013, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbike60035 View Post

Seems crazy but purchased a zt65 for 2999 at a Chicago area BB. Free reward membership & points brought the net down by another 55.
That also extended return period to 60 days. Free delivery & hauling etc. for years I'd avoid BB like the plague, but everything about the service to date has been great. As you know it's a great panel- all good here.

That's a pretty crazy deal. How did you get them to do that?

post #193 of 2079 Old 08-16-2013, 06:10 PM

Liked: 13
Was that a 65" zt60? Just clarifying. Mind posting a pic of your receipt?

Cheers
Steven
post #194 of 2079 Old 08-16-2013, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Greetings,

I was able to get a 60ZT60 for $2599 at my local BB (Magnolia) in Bowie, MD today which I think is a fantastic deal. Originally, I was hoping they would price match the 65VT60 that Amazon.com is selling for $2799 but when I saw the deal on the ZT I quickly changed my mind and got it! Best Buy has really changed for the best and they're really aggressive with their pricing.

Didn't get an extended warranty though because I'm getting that through Costco.com. They have an amazing deal where they're offering a three year (could be two years) warranty for $99 on televisions costing $1000 or more. This is another amazing deal and the kicker is you don't have to buy the TV from Costco!

Out!

Al
post #195 of 2079 Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 PM

1) Really just walked in late Sunday afternoon to finally see a zt on display & compare to VT & Samsung. . Chatted w rep. Asked me which set I preferred & what it would take for the order. Told him he'd need to do something crazy & he did. I did not haggle- other than the getting the 60 day warranty via free rewards card.
2) it's a ZT65
3) asking for a copy of my receipt is a little like Trump wanting Obama's birth certificate.

I'm just trying to share info Ina forum where I've received some. If you don't believe it- don't.

I think I was just fortunate to be there on a slow day where they wanted to hit their numbers.
post #196 of 2079 Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1) Really just walked in late Sunday afternoon to finally see a zt on display & compare to VT & Samsung. . Chatted w rep. Asked me which set I preferred & what it would take for the order. Told him he'd need to do something crazy & he did. I did not haggle- other than the getting the 60 day warranty via free rewards card.
2) it's a ZT65
3) asking for a copy of my receipt is a little like Trump wanting Obama's birth certificate.

I'm just trying to share info Ina forum where I've received some. If you don't believe it- don't.

I think I was just fortunate to be there on a slow day where they wanted to hit their numbers.

I don't believe mluder was questioning your integrity. I think he was just trying to get a copy of it so that he could bring it in, in an attempt to get the same deal. What store was this at?

post #197 of 2079 Old 08-16-2013, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Also, not to be a smartass (but for clarity's sake), there is no ZT65 unless you're in Europe. The actual North American model # is TC-P65ZT60
Speakerphile likes this.
post #198 of 2079 Old 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 68
My guess is he means 65 inch ZT?
post #199 of 2079 Old 08-17-2013, 11:00 AM

Hello, Everyone

Just bought a 65ZT60 at the BB in Brandon, FL. I asked for and got a sales price of $3,199.00, the total was $3,423.99 after tax. I have been price checking against Amazon, and since both price match at 15 days (this takes me into Labor Day sales, if any) the only advantage was Amazon's 30 day return window over BB's 15.

I'll get a premier silver rewardzone membership from this purchase, it's my understanding that the 60 day return will not apply but I will get a $70.00 store credit which will bring the price down to $3353.99. Another perk is a calibration, I've been told that all of their calibrators are ISF certified...any opinions out there about BB calibrators?
post #200 of 2079 Old 08-17-2013, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Also, not to be a smartass (but for clarity's sake), there is no ZT65 unless you're in Europe. The actual North American model # is TC-P65ZT60

Thank you, my thoughts exactly.

post #201 of 2079 Old 08-18-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:

I don't believe mluder was questioning your integrity. I think he was just trying to get a copy of it so that he could bring it in, in an attempt to get the same deal. What store was this at?

Exactly. In order for BB to match a price with a competitor they require documentation of the lower price. I would assume if I want them to price match themselves they will need some proof.

Cheers
Steven
post #202 of 2079 Old 08-19-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

That's a pretty crazy deal. How did you get them to do that?

I was thinking the same thing

there is an open item one at my local store and they still want $3075

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #203 of 2079 Old 08-21-2013, 03:20 PM

I think the lack of response regarding the $3000 65" ZT 60 "crazy deal" is somewhat indicative of the accuracy of the original statement.

Someone says they got the deal.
Then, when asked to provide some evidence in order to allow other forum members access to the same deal suddenly the original poster goes quiet.
At best, the OP is selfish, at worst he is a liar.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers
Steven
post #204 of 2079 Old 08-21-2013, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mluder View Post

I think the lack of response regarding the $3000 65" ZT 60 "crazy deal" is somewhat indicative of the accuracy of the original statement.

Then, when asked to provide some evidence in order to allow other forum members access to the same deal suddenly the original poster goes quiet.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers
Steven

I don't think it means anything more than the guy just didn't respond. You also have to keep in mind, a lot of people aren't comfortable posting their receipts online.

post #205 of 2079 Old 08-21-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Just my 2 cents

Cheers
Steven

Steven -

Let me think about this.

Share some input in a forum & am asked to produce a receipt.
I answer most questions reasonably & suggest I am not posting a receipt to an open forum. (I haven't run across any in this thread)
You then follow up with a disparaging remark about my character. Actually it's pretty cool cause in a brief post you've managed to suggest I've lied twice.

I'm sure this approach has proven successful in fostering cooperation & building relationships for you in the past, but it ain't working here. Suggest you put on your big boy pants + figure out how to negotiate for or purchase whichever set you prefer.

If / when you pull the trigger you might also ignore the thread for a few days while you enjoy the new set.

Good luck with your purchase.
post #206 of 2079 Old 08-21-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Exactly. In order for BB to match a price with a competitor they require documentation of the lower price. I would assume if I want them to price match themselves they will need some proof.

Cheers
Steven

In my case, it was all verbal and they didn't need any proof. I told them what I have been offered, without naming the professional store, and they matched it. I have been into 5 BB stores though to get into that deal, but it was worth it. If you live in an area that have a few BB stores, try to go to all of them and see what happens.

Good Luck.

Edit:

BTW, when you find the deal, try to be nice to them afterwards. I went back after my TV purchase for other small items I needed, and it was quite helpful when I had problems on my numerous exchanges. I also got a price reduction after a month because of the short sale BB had for a weekend. They simply refunded the money.It always helps to build relationships.
post #207 of 2079 Old 08-21-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:

Steven -

Let me think about this.

Share some input in a forum & am asked to produce a receipt.
I answer most questions reasonably & suggest I am not posting a receipt to an open forum. (I haven't run across any in this thread)
You then follow up with a disparaging remark about my character. Actually it's pretty cool cause in a brief post you've managed to suggest I've lied twice.

I'm sure this approach has proven successful in fostering cooperation & building relationships for you in the past, but it ain't working here. Suggest you put on your big boy pants + figure out how to negotiate for or purchase whichever set you prefer.

If / when you pull the trigger you might also ignore the thread for a few days while you enjoy the new set.

Good luck with your purchase.

You know what - You're right. It's not fair of me to question your integrity. I don't even know you.

That being the case, forums like this work best when we are all friends who openly share information and resources. How would it be if some one like D-Nice said, "I've got these slides that you should use to break in your screen" but then refused to share them. BTW - he provides them for free though he could charge for them. What about others who have found settings for their sets that they find work exceptionally well. Shouldn't they too share them so that everyone can benefit?

If I were you and I managed to get what is apparently the best deal anyone has heard of yet for the set - including the guy who works at Magnolia - I would be happy to scan my receipt, blank out the personal information and then share it with everyone so they too could experience my good fortune.

I tell you what - you keep your info to yourself and while you're at it, do not take advantage of anyone elses free advice on this site. After all it's up to them to "put on their big boy pants and figure things out for themselves."

A forum is a comunity of like minded people sharing information in freindship and support of one annother.

Cheers
Steven
post #208 of 2079 Old 08-21-2013, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Come on now. Who cares if he asked you for a receipt? He just wanted to try to get the same deal himself. And who cares if he doesn't want to share his receipt? Not everyone is ok with sharing potentially personal information on a public forum. Both of you overreacted. Let's move on.
mluder likes this.

post #209 of 2079 Old 08-21-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:

Come on now. Who cares if he asked you for a receipt? He just wanted to try to get the same deal himself. And who cares if he doesn't want to share his receipt? Not everyone is ok with sharing potentially personal information on a public forum. Both of you overreacted. Let's move on.

Agreed

Cheers
Steven
post #210 of 2079 Old 08-22-2013, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Not trying to defend anyone here, but just think about this. The 65" S64 at Costco is selling for $1299. How much more do you think it costs to manufacture a 65" ZT versus that S64? Maybe a few hundred dollars (like $200). Bearing that in mind and the fact that BB offerered the 65" ZT to anyone who walked into one of their stores for $3199 just a few weeks ago, $2999 is not out of the realm of feasibility. Due to a customer service issue, I was "upgraded" to a ZT from a VT. I technically paid even less than $2999 (out the door no less) for my ZT and I was told that they still weren't "losing money" on the set. Interpret that as you will, but don't think that there is not a large margin on these sets (or anything else in the consumer electronics arena).
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page