Panasonic S64 at Costco - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 398 Old 11-11-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Down to 3 left at one of the Tustin Costco's, plus the display model. 65" model only.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 398 Old 11-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a 65" S64 that I got from Costco a couple of months ago.....delivered 9/5 and installed around Sept 30.....I did the break-in with DNice Slides for over 100 hrs and think the TV has a great pic in a dark room. However, I have quite a few windows and the pic looks dark or washed out during the day. I believe that I am going to take it back and get a ST. I have until Dec 5 to return to Costco for a full refund. Since they are out of stock everywhere I think I will make it available to anyone here who may want it. I paid $1299 plus tax. I am located in Farragut, TN (a suburb of Knoxville, TN).....Thanks...
post #273 of 398 Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by realralfy View Post

I have a 65" S64 that I got from Costco a couple of months ago.....delivered 9/5 and installed around Sept 30.....I did the break-in with DNice Slides for over 100 hrs and think the TV has a great pic in a dark room. However, I have quite a few windows and the pic looks dark or washed out during the day. I believe that I am going to take it back and get a ST. I have until Dec 5 to return to Costco for a full refund. Since they are out of stock everywhere I think I will make it available to anyone here who may want it. I paid $1299 plus tax. I am located in Farragut, TN (a suburb of Knoxville, TN).....Thanks...

Damn, wish it were the 50 inch model, I just don't want the extra added weight and size of the 65 but that's gonna be a great deal on a fully warrantied TV for someone.

That said, I'm confused on why the "ST" would improve anything? Don't they both have the same AR coating? Is the ST supposed to be brighter or does it just have more room modes that you'll use based on the time of day?
post #274 of 398 Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Damn, wish it were the 50 inch model, I just don't want the extra added weight and size of the 65 but that's gonna be a great deal on a fully warrantied TV for someone.

That said, I'm confused on why the "ST" would improve anything? Don't they both have the same AR coating? Is the ST supposed to be brighter or does it just have more room modes that you'll use based on the time of day?

you can get it brand new for $1250 no tax and free shipping from the TV Shack
post #275 of 398 Old 11-12-2013, 12:14 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Down to 3 left at one of the Tustin Costco's, plus the display model. 65" model only.

what did you pay? i'm in Irvine and i'm debating to go with this set or the ST60.
post #276 of 398 Old 11-12-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by la9ers View Post

what did you pay? i'm in Irvine and i'm debating to go with this set or the ST60.

I do not have this TV, I have a LCD. I just keep looking to help other buyers. I check the El Camino Real store.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #277 of 398 Old 11-13-2013, 04:08 AM

I found one at the Niles, IL location yesterday. All other Costco's in the area were sold out. It was an "open box" item because Costco opened the box to take out the stand screws to give to a previous buyer of another S64 whose screws were missing. Panasonic sent Costco replacement screws shortly thereafter for the TV I ended up buying. They sold it to me for $499 and the warranty was $29! Hooked it up last night and I'm very pleased with the picture. I have the 60" ST60 in my family room. The S64 is in the basement.
post #278 of 398 Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarpachi View Post

I found one at the Niles, IL location yesterday. All other Costco's in the area were sold out. It was an "open box" item because Costco opened the box to take out the stand screws to give to a previous buyer of another S64 whose screws were missing. Panasonic sent Costco replacement screws shortly thereafter for the TV I ended up buying. They sold it to me for $499 and the warranty was $29! Hooked it up last night and I'm very pleased with the picture. I have the 60" ST60 in my family room. The S64 is in the basement.

for the 50"? Insane price, enjoy it.
post #279 of 398 Old 11-13-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angle_theory View Post

for the 50"? Insane price, enjoy it.
Yes, for the 50".
post #280 of 398 Old 11-13-2013, 08:01 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarpachi View Post

I found one at the Niles, IL location yesterday.
Lucky you. They have been telling me for weeks that there are none available. And today I see that the web site has no plasmas at all. Hope it's a temporary condition.
post #281 of 398 Old 11-13-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcubed View Post

Lucky you. They have been telling me for weeks that there are none available. And today I see that the web site has no plasmas at all. Hope it's a temporary condition.
When I was calling around yesterday, one Costco told me there are supposedly 2 50" S64's at a Costco off of Ashland Avenue in Chicago. I picked up the one in Niles because it was closer.
post #282 of 398 Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 PM

Liked: 15
Haha, as another cruel joke by Newegg I got an email alert saying the S64 refurb was back in stock, so I naturally ran to my computer and checked it out.. not in stock at all.
post #283 of 398 Old 11-14-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtangletn View Post

Haha, as another cruel joke by Newegg I got an email alert saying the S64 refurb was back in stock, so I naturally ran to my computer and checked it out.. not in stock at all.

that sucks i hope you find one
post #284 of 398 Old 11-15-2013, 05:26 PM

It's back on Newegg now! Only 5 left! Just ordered one. I'm gonna refuse my S60 shipment I ordered few days ago. :mad: Hope Newegg won't screw it up this time.

post #285 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkmog View Post

It's back on Newegg now! Only 5 left! Just ordered one. I'm gonna refuse my S60 shipment I ordered few days ago. mad.gif  Hope Newegg won't screw it up this time.

I ordered one last night at about 2am when I saw this. Glad I did, it's out of stock again. Thanks for the thread. This will be my first HDTV, first plasma, first tv with apps. My last TV was a tube TV! LOL!
post #286 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazerman View Post

I ordered one last night at about 2am when I saw this. Glad I did, it's out of stock again. Thanks for the thread. This will be my first HDTV, first plasma, first tv with apps. My last TV was a tube TV! LOL!

My only concern is the shipping of Newegg. It didn't have "large item shipping" or "white glove shipping" options when I checked out. I asked the customer service and they didn't know how they were gonna ship it either. I hope it's freight which is the norm for TV but I'm not sure...

post #287 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 09:54 AM

Would a display model be unwise considering how long it has been turned on?

Also, what kind of warranty would be with one at NewEgg? Just 30 days?
post #288 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreuschl View Post

Would a display model be unwise considering how long it has been turned on?

I'd say if the display model is in good condition with issue with the image, it could be a steal to get it at a deep discounted price.

The newegg one is refurbished so it carries 30 day warranty I guess. 

post #289 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreuschl View Post

In the thread here someone checked with Panasonic I believe and warranty was 90 days. I figure that's long enough to figure out if it works or not. Believe me, I'm nervous about this but I just called my local Sam's and Costco (110 and 200+ miles away) and they're all out.

I found an extended warranty place that'll do one for a refurbished tv (squaretrade will not).

http://www.dtvexpress.com/

Anyone heard anything about them?
post #290 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:

In the thread here someone checked with Panasonic I believe and warranty was 90 days. I figure that's long enough to figure out if it works or not. Believe me, I'm nervous about this but I just called my local Sam's and Costco (110 and 200+ miles away) and they're all out.

I found an extended warranty place that'll do one for a refurbished tv (squaretrade will not).

http://www.dtvexpress.com/

Anyone heard anything about them?

That would be me, Live chat told me that.

I ordered one, not even remotely expecting to get one this time so we'll see...

Oh and HBK, they couldn't specifically tell me what but carrier but they did say it's done by freight.
post #291 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:

That would be me, Live chat told me that.

I ordered one, not even remotely expecting to get one this time so we'll see...

Oh and HBK, they couldn't specifically tell me what but carrier but they did say it's done by freight.

Here's hoping we both get one! I'm super-duper-pooper-scooper stoked! (Translation: an excited state, fringing on mania but tempered by buying expensive refurbished electronics on the web). biggrin.gif
post #292 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Here's hoping we both get one! I'm super-duper-pooper-scooper stoked! (Translation: an excited state, fringing on mania but tempered by buying expensive refurbished electronics on the web). biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'll get excited when the damn shipping notification happens. I ordered one the first time they got listed on Thursday or Friday and then Monday (or was it Tue..) they canceled it.

I guess an S64 vanished in mid air or something..

Oh and about DTV, they respond really quickly to their email. Heard both good and bad about actually getting service but that's true with most warranty companies.

If the TV is actually delivered I'll probably go with Mack.
post #293 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'll get excited when the damn shipping notification happens. I ordered one the first time they got listed on Thursday or Friday and then Monday (or was it Tue..) they canceled it.

I guess an S64 vanished in mid air or something..

Oh and about DTV, they respond really quickly to their email. Heard both good and bad about actually getting service but that's true with most warranty companies.

If the TV is actually delivered I'll probably go with Mack.

They damn well deliver. I have a S60 on the way here and I decide to refuse the delivery of that one already. I ordered it when there's still 5 in stock so I hope it won't get canceled.

post #294 of 398 Old 11-16-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:

They damn well deliver. I have a S60 on the way here and I decide to refuse the delivery of that one already. I ordered it when there's still 5 in stock so I hope it won't get canceled.

Yeah, I think there was at least 4 when I ordered last.

I wouldn't worry though, this TV is cursed for me!

Edit - Speaking of which did anyone from this thread order before? After I posted it they seemed to go down faster.. did it include Wi-Fi or not?

The description mentions it doesn't but I'm not sure it's actually removable, not a huge deal, more just curious. My router will be behind my TV anyway.
post #295 of 398 Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I think there was at least 4 when I ordered last.

I wouldn't worry though, this TV is cursed for me!

Edit - Speaking of which did anyone from this thread order before? After I posted it they seemed to go down faster.. did it include Wi-Fi or not?

The description mentions it doesn't but I'm not sure it's actually removable, not a huge deal, more just curious. My router will be behind my TV anyway.

My order status shows "packaging" now so it will be shipped :D

But yeah let's hope it won't arrive with a smashed screen or anything wrong. How "refurbished" it is still worries me. I also saw on the description it says wireless adapter not included. But this thing has built-in wireless... what? I know with some older Panasonic "internet ready" TVs. they included wireless adapter with the TV. I don't know if Newegg mixed that up or they removed the built-in wireless component...

EDIT: just contacted Newegg about the wireless adapter thing, they know nothing about it. Only said it comes with the accessories listed on the page and it's from the vendor. Well.

post #296 of 398 Old 11-17-2013, 06:19 PM

Likely one of the last locations that has these left, Green Bay, WI Costco has about 9 left of the 50" (3 left on shelf but inventory said 10 when I called) and there were 2 on the shelf of the 65".

Likely the reason they still have these is this location just opened 1 month ago so they started selling their stock after others sold out.

Quite a trek even from Milwaukee where I live but worth it to me smile.gif

As of a few days ago the Costco at south loop Chicago had 1 display, was quoted $450 over the phone.
post #297 of 398 Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:

My order status shows "packaging" now so it will be shipped biggrin.gif

That's what mine shows as well...'packaging'. I hope that means something good is coming my way!
post #298 of 398 Old 11-18-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:

My order status shows "packaging" now so it will be shipped biggrin.gif

But yeah let's hope it won't arrive with a smashed screen or anything wrong. How "refurbished" it is still worries me. I also saw on the description it says wireless adapter not included. But this thing has built-in wireless... what? I know with some older Panasonic "internet ready" TVs. they included wireless adapter with the TV. I don't know if Newegg mixed that up or they removed the built-in wireless component...

EDIT: just contacted Newegg about the wireless adapter thing, they know nothing about it. Only said it comes with the accessories listed on the page and it's from the vendor. Well.

Yeah, I asked the S60 thread and got mixed.. one person said it was removable another person said it was built in.

The mobile version doesn't mention not having the Wi-Fi adapter.. but worst case is if it is removable I saw the part on eBay for like under $20.

Also not to alarm anyone but mine was "packaging" for days before they canned it, so we shall see.
post #299 of 398 Old 11-18-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I asked the S60 thread and got mixed.. one person said it was removable another person said it was built in.

The mobile version doesn't mention not having the Wi-Fi adapter.. but worst case is if it is removable I saw the part on eBay for like under $20.

Also not to alarm anyone but mine was "packaging" for days before they canned it, so we shall see.
Oh yeah I found the part on eBay too. I didn't know it's removable. But it seems it needs a cable to install it?? I might need it because my router is quite far from the TV.

I contacted them yesterday and was told it should ship today but I don't think the CS person really knew the status because she didn't even know where the TV is located. Well, we shall see.
post #300 of 398 Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah I found the part on eBay too. I didn't know it's removable. But it seems it needs a cable to install it?? I might need it because my router is quite far from the TV.

I contacted them yesterday and was told it should ship today but I don't think the CS person really knew the status because she didn't even know where the TV is located. Well, we shall see.

I think you can also get a USB Wi-Fi adapter as well, but we'll find out soon enough.

Did you stick with the 3 Day Newegg thing? I went down to the 4-7 day, I'm actually out of town till Friday so if it does ship I wouldn't mind it not coming till then (others will be there but I'd like to actually take delivery myself).
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P50s60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page