Panasonic S64 at Costco - Page 7 - AVS Forum
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! > Panasonic S64 at Costco
sammyrocker5150's Avatar sammyrocker5150 04:05 AM 10-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtangletn View Post

How does Panasonic's warranty deal with these open box/new on eBay?

From what I recall the Panasonic warranty isn't transferable?

I guess I could do a Square Trade one but it cost $165 for a 2 year warranty compared to $99 or a 4 year warranty for a new $600-$700 TV...

Dammit why did I miss the boat with this frown.gif

I feel your pain!  I didn't decide to upgrade from my 2010 Samsung LCD LED until about one month ago.  That happened to be about a week after most Sam's Club/Costco's starting running out of stock.  My area was totally sold out!  I then was going to move up to a 55" ST60, which is obviously an excellent TV.  Luckily i purchased the 65" S64 from the Ebay seller the tvshack for 1250.  I really wanted the bigger size, as well as the ST60 having terrible lag. 

Kurtangletn's Avatar Kurtangletn 09:32 AM 10-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrocker5150 View Post

I feel your pain!  I didn't decide to upgrade from my 2010 Samsung LCD LED until about one month ago.  That happened to be about a week after most Sam's Club/Costco's starting running out of stock.  My area was totally sold out!  I then was going to move up to a 55" ST60, which is obviously an excellent TV.  Luckily i purchased the 65" S64 from the Ebay seller the tvshack for 1250.  I really wanted the bigger size, as well as the ST60 having terrible lag. 

Yeah I've been a penny short and a day late every step of the way with TVs..

I was originally looking to get a 42" S60 and that is out of production (went for $400 at Sears and they gave you a $100 gift card.. so essentially $300... my god) then I started looking at the 50" S60 and realized I probably need the filter and the S64 is dead.

There are a few eBay sellers that sell new or basically open box at about $730-$760 shipped... which is reasonable enough but if you have to add in a $110 1 year square trade warranty that's about $850, near ST60 territory.. and that's not even an option for me because of the input lag.

So I'm pretty much at a loss, I've emailed Costco to get some kind of official word on whether they expect any back (GOTTA BELIEVE!) and outside of that I might just have to go with an LCD.. sigh.
angle_theory's Avatar angle_theory 01:12 PM 10-25-2013
Trying to get my hands on a 65" S64 as well. Is it a bad sign that I see the regular non louvre model up on costco's website for the first time?

http://www.costco.com/Panasonic-65%22-Class-1080p-600Hz-Plasma-HDTV-TC-P65S60.product.100083845.html
Kurtangletn's Avatar Kurtangletn 03:08 PM 10-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by angle_theory View Post

Trying to get my hands on a 65" S64 as well. Is it a bad sign that I see the regular non louvre model up on costco's website for the first time?

http://www.costco.com/Panasonic-65%22-Class-1080p-600Hz-Plasma-HDTV-TC-P65S60.product.100083845.html

That probably is a bad sign..
angle_theory's Avatar angle_theory 03:23 PM 10-25-2013
Quote:

That probably is a bad sign..

Their website is a bit weird. I've been checking multiple times a day and I've seen the S64 get listed but then when you click on it, there won't be a product page for it and says Unavailable. (happened yesterday, got super excited when I saw it was listed as it hadn't listed about 2 hours earlier)

So I won't draw any conclusions yet, but this is the first time I've seen the S60 listed.
chadwick537's Avatar chadwick537 09:49 AM 10-26-2013
Just found 65" S64 at Eau Claire, Wisconin Sam's Club for those looking for them. They have two left after I picked up one -- they are discounted right now =D
Kurtangletn's Avatar Kurtangletn 11:43 AM 10-26-2013
Interesting, the other day CNET did a piece on the S64

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p65s64/4505-6482_7-35831113.html

No comment from Panasonic about any more models coming in...
sammyrocker5150's Avatar sammyrocker5150 02:40 PM 10-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick537 View Post

Just found 65" S64 at Eau Claire, Wisconin Sam's Club for those looking for them. They have two left after I picked up one -- they are discounted right now =D

I'm in Appleton Wisconsin!  Discounted to what price?  I did take the tvshacks deal on ebay, and the TV is great as I mentioned before, but id love to let my buddies over here know!

chadwick537's Avatar chadwick537 03:00 PM 10-26-2013
$1271 but you get the manufacturer warranty because it's an authorized retailer, TV Shack is not. Put on discover card, doubled warranty and no interest =)
sammyrocker5150's Avatar sammyrocker5150 05:13 PM 10-26-2013

rock and roll Chadwick!  I am literally counting my hours to the 100-150  mark so i can run Calman and get this baby dialed in!  a watched pot never boils is definately true here.  I hope my settings and findings help!

thetvshack's Avatar thetvshack 11:56 PM 10-27-2013

unfortunately not. Sorry

Beantown Bill's Avatar Beantown Bill 05:11 AM 10-28-2013
I ordered a 65S64 from thetvshack through ebay last Sunday. The transaction went very smooth with "me making an offer and thetvshack making a counter offer which I accepted". Being over half way across the country from thetvshack to Massachusetts, the estimate of receiving the television in approximately 10 days is quite reasonable. I look forward to seeing the 65S64 as I have not seen one firsthand. I did purchase the 50 inch version at a local Costco over a month ago and it is quite nice. I just about gave up hope of getting my hands on the 65 inch model when I saw a link on this forum referring to thetvshack which I did. I will keep you posted with the progress of this transaction. So far I am feeling positive about the decision. Thanks!
Kurtangletn's Avatar Kurtangletn 07:17 AM 10-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetvshack View Post

unfortunately not. Sorry

Poo, oh well.. thanks!
cgsls's Avatar cgsls 12:04 PM 10-28-2013

Hello all,

I got lucky yesterday and found the last Costco for hundreds of miles that had the only display model still left for the 65" screen.  I did not get to see it turned on.  I went ahead and purchased it for the marked down price of $950.  This also qualified the purchase for the $59 5-year warranty as the price was below $1000.

The Costco folks put cardboard over the screen with some plastic-wrap.  The S64 made it home in a rented minivan in upright position.  I am hoping the cardboard did not damage the screen.  I will unwrap it today and inspect it.

As it is the display model and likely has hundreds of hours of on-time, I wonder if there is any use in running the slides for another four days? 

Anything else I should be concerned with?  What do you all think about buying a display-model plasma television?

Once I get it setup up and inspected / tested, I'll let everyone know the results..

angle_theory's Avatar angle_theory 02:41 PM 10-28-2013
Just ordered the 65" from thetvshack after his post on here and a private message exchange.

I really hope everything goes smoothly, and I will report the experience in this thread for anyone interested.
angle_theory's Avatar angle_theory 02:43 PM 10-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsls View Post

Looks like an amazing deal as long as there is no image retention or damage. Even at retail price this TV seems to be one of the greatest bargains ever for flat screens.
sammyrocker5150's Avatar sammyrocker5150 03:36 PM 10-28-2013
I am so glad I found thetvshack. As soon as I became a member here I knew sharing where I found my "65 s64 would help alot of us out!
smithfarmer's Avatar smithfarmer 09:27 PM 10-29-2013
Would the moderator who deleted my posts care to explain why this was done. Is this not the "Plasma Great Found Deals" thread?
chuckychuck7's Avatar chuckychuck7 10:53 PM 10-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfarmer View Post

Would the moderator who deleted my posts care to explain why this was done. Is this not the "Plasma Great Found Deals" thread?
I believe it was due to thetvshack advertising his own business in the thread.
Artrigis's Avatar Artrigis 12:55 PM 10-30-2013
Im located in California, I bought this tv about 2-3 weeks ago at costco for $600, was a 30 mile trip but the store actually had 10 in stock, no 65" though. I actually bought the costco card that day just to get in on this TV deal, I was about a day or two away from buying the S60 on amazon for $700 so I was really glad to find this thread and this deal still alive.

Im currently at 175 hours, waiting for 200 hours before I start gaming on it. I may still keep gaming sessions low, 2 hours and under for the next hundred hours.

My first hundred hours I just put it on random channels and zoomed in for no logo, the next 75 hours when not watching I would continue to zoom in, when watching I would put it full screen with logos and black bars, but would keep it to 2 hours max before I would change channel or zoom in.

Have noticed no burn in. I got this for my bedroom, sit about 8 feet away. Let me tell you, for those not aware. When they say plasma tv's run hot, they really mean it. My tv regularly is 111 degrees, it actually can keep my room a little warm.
Also, if you have it on for several hours before you go to bed.. it lights up the room pretty well for awhile still when off.

BTW f you are relying on streaming via pc to tv, most formats dont work very well. Most formats look very pixelated, and are small, utilizing 4 black bars. MP4 looks perfect though.

Have a few questions, people always vaguely say to keep contrast and brightness low when breaking in. What is low? Ive been running contrast 80, brightness -1 (fairchilds settings)
Also, is 200 hours of break in enough? Honestly I have seen so many responses.. dont break in, 100 hours, 150, 200, 300, 500, etc.

Thanks for all those sharing this deal.
hbkmog's Avatar hbkmog 04:06 PM 10-30-2013

I actually just called my local Costco and was told that this model is actually discontinued so they won't receive any new shipment so whatever you can find in the store is probably the last inventory they have anyway.

aman74's Avatar aman74 08:52 PM 10-31-2013
Glad I came back to this thread and saw that they were hard to get. I called around again to local Costcos and got the last 50" in the area. I will say though that the Samsung in the other thread is 100 more, but for a 60" screen. Anyone tempted by that deal? I went out to Costco tonight to make the purchase and will pick it up tomorrow. I did the executive membership with the Amex card which makes it totally free for the first year and only 55 from then on, same as the normal membership. You get that part of the deal without even signing up for the card, so Exec is the price of the normal membership after you get your check at the end of the year, even if you don't earn enough credits you still get at least 55 back, I'm not sure why they don't advertise that!
Beantown Bill's Avatar Beantown Bill 06:05 AM 11-01-2013
My 64S64 arrived on Wednesday morning. The box was in very good condition and marked Sams Club in several places. I did help the driver carry the box inside and when he left anxiously opened the box. The screen and everything looked fine. I put together the stand and picked the monster up and placed it on it's stand. The stand's footprint is quite large and the TV feels nice and sturdy on it. I adjusted the settings and hooked up the internet to it and I went back to work. That evening I got home and prepared for the game 6 World Series. My son came over to watch the game with me and it became a "wonderful night to remember". My son said it was "like watching the game in a theater". The TV is beautiful and somewhat affordable to me. The colors, sharpness, and clarity are top notch. Hopefully this will be my dream TV for many years to come. I will recommend theTVshack to any fellow members who are considering purchasing a 65S64. I am happy with their service and this transaction. Thanks to all!
frankenheimer's Avatar frankenheimer 09:08 AM 11-01-2013
There are four in stock at the Raleigh store.
hbkmog's Avatar hbkmog 12:27 PM 11-01-2013

Okay, it's very hard for me get one from nearby Costco, provided they only have 2 left, so I pulled the trigger on eBay for a 50 inch S64, $730 free shipping. It's not too bad factoring I need to get $55 membership and $50 tax. It saves me trouble and time to get there. For you guys who can't get one, I think this is probably the best route to get for now. The TV is too rare to find now, considering they have discontinued this model already.

angle_theory's Avatar angle_theory 02:16 PM 11-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkmog View Post

Okay, it's very hard for me get one from nearby Costco, provided they only have 2 left, so I pulled the trigger on eBay for a 50 inch S64, $730 free shipping. It's not too bad factoring I need to get $55 membership and $50 tax. It saves me trouble and time to get there. For you guys who can't get one, I think this is probably the best route to get for now. The TV is too rare to find now, considering they have discontinued this model already.

Seems like a great method as long as the seller is reputable and you cover your bases as far as warranty. Don't forget that you get 2% back in eBay bucks as well.
hbkmog's Avatar hbkmog 02:41 PM 11-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by angle_theory View Post

Seems like a great method as long as the seller is reputable and you cover your bases as far as warranty. Don't forget that you get 2% back in eBay bucks as well.

Oh 2% back on eBay? Did I miss anything?

For warranty I will just go for SquareTrade I guess. It's around 70 bucks for 4 years.

EDIT: ah damn, I'm so dumb. Didn't know eBay bucks thing until now. I'm gonna contact the seller to see if I can cancel the order to replace it again.

Ceej64's Avatar Ceej64 04:51 PM 11-01-2013
Just bought the display model 50" S64 at my Costco in Frisco, TX. Was marked down to $500 form $730, but the store guy took the price down to $499 so I could get the 3-year Square Trade warranty for only $30, instead of $60... so thrilled! Upgraded from a Mitsubishi LED that had TERRIBLE blacks that my receiver was crushing further. Further, my TV is literally right in front of a window and the S64 has LESS glare than my glossy MITS! It had this forced auto dimming that made it so you literally could not see anything in dark scenes, so this is a VERY pleasant change! It's my first plasma! looking for the best settings, but so far impressed by Blu-Rays and games and a GREAT deal!
Kurtangletn's Avatar Kurtangletn 07:20 PM 11-02-2013
Hey everyone!!

Newegg is selling refurbished S64s! They seem to bounce in and out of stock. The 65" Is $1045 and the 50" is $510. Free shipping!

65 Inch - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889187289&Tpk=65ps64

50 Inch - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=16G-0003-00003

50 inch is currently in stock and ready to ship, but low on stock (I think there may just be one left!) 65" is out of stock.

They are refurbished, I'm not sure what the warranty situation is. On the 65" page it mentions 90 day factory, on the 50" it doesn't mention anything. I've called Panasonic and they were pretty clueless, but seemed to tell me to talk to Newegg. I'll try calling tomorrow but it's probably 90 days for the 50" as well.

The other oddity is they say no Wi-Fi on the 50", either an error or they removed the adapter.. either way it's a few bucks.

Newegg has also had a couple $25 off coupons, 5% off, etc.. I got mine for $485 shipped!

Keep an eye on it! Hope this helps someone who thought they had no chance to get an S64..

The only major downside is the 90 day (or so) warranty.. anyone know of a good extended warranty company? Squaretrade only covers refurbished from eBay.
AKA's Avatar AKA 08:02 PM 11-02-2013
Quote:

Hey everyone!!

Newegg is selling refurbished S64s! They seem to bounce in and out of stock. The 65" Is $1045 and the 50" is $510. Free shipping!

Interesting possibility for someone who has to have one. The one major question I'd have is: who is shipping this and how is it being shipped? I only bring it up because they're known for really poor packaging on fragile items (HDDs, etc), so I shudder at the thought of them sending a plasma with one of their standard carriers.
Tags: Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop