The East Coast TV's Experiment - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #391 of 411 Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Surprisingly got a call from ECTV on a Sunday morning, looks like they take this problem seriously and mentioned it's a mistake since the TV was supposed to go to Canada, and offered me 2 options:

(1) give me 3 year warranty for free, and if problems happen within this period, call the 3rd party company who is providing the extended warranty, and they will contact Samsung to solve the problem.

(2) exchange the TV for a US version.

To have peace of mind, I opted for the 2nd option. Surprised with their willing to take the responsibility to solve the problem, now waiting for the exchange to happen, and will keep the result posted here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 411 Old 05-18-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavitave View Post

Surprisingly got a call from ECTV on a Sunday morning, looks like they take this problem seriously and mentioned it's a mistake since the TV was supposed to go to Canada, and offered me 2 options:
(1) give me 3 year warranty for free, and if problems happen within this period, call the 3rd party company who is providing the extended warranty, and they will contact Samsung to solve the problem.
To have peace of mind, I opted for the 2nd option. Surprised with their willing to take the responsibility to solve the problem, now waiting for the exchange to happen, and will keep the result posted here.
Interested to hear what happens. Something tells me they know exactly what they are doing though, hence the reason they are known to be shady.
post #393 of 411 Old 05-18-2014, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:

Seems like it's not an issue for you given you chose #2, but in general I always independently check these third party warranty companies to verify they have major ratings agency standing. A lot of these companies setup their own subsidiary warranty companies with nothing backing them up and they can go out of business with absolutely no recourse.
post #394 of 411 Old 05-26-2014, 10:28 PM

Great thread and replies by everyone!  

Am I the only that has noticed that East Coast TV's has increased their price on the 64 inch Plasma TV's from $2399 to $2699 in the last week?  hmmm… 

post #395 of 411 Old 05-27-2014, 02:48 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcatsfan15 View Post

Great thread and replies by everyone!  

Am I the only that has noticed that East Coast TV's has increased their price on the 64 inch Plasma TV's from $2399 to $2699 in the last week?  hmmm… 

That's not unusual for them, or any store considering the holiday weekend, NHL, and NBA playoffs in full swing. Their prices usually go up or down every week or so. That is about as expensive as I've seen them go though.

Vantage Point EVO mounting system
Samsung PN64F8500
Darbee DVP-5000
Onkyo TX-NR5008
Onkyo HT-S9400THX
Oppo BDP-103D
DirecTV HR-34 "Genie"
PS4 and 3ghz Custom HTPC

post #396 of 411 Old 05-27-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan12th View Post

That's not unusual for them, or any store considering the holiday weekend, NHL, and NBA playoffs in full swing. Their prices usually go up or down every week or so. That is about as expensive as I've seen them go though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same… I think they just want to catch a newbie and reel them in?!  lol  I will just wait til their prices go down… :)  

post #397 of 411 Old 05-28-2014, 05:54 PM

Ya i noticed this too. I was thinkng about it a month or two ago and they were around $2399 now 2-3 hundred more. I bet they'll go down again for the 4th of July sales.
post #398 of 411 Old 05-30-2014, 09:20 AM

I wanted to share my experience with ECTV...  I placed an order on 5/26, Monday and received an email on 5/28 "Call us about your order".  I called them right away (was put on hold for long time but I expected this based on all the posts I have read). I finally got someone on the line (a man, didn't catch his name) and he told me that the TV was on backorder for 2 weeks (again not surprised).  After I said ok he then tried to sell me the white glove service (which I found odd because I expected this before he told me the TV was on backorder but then again maybe this is just their tactic).  He wasn't too aggressive (was not nice but not rude) & I turned the service down.  Today, I noticed on Yelp, Jay R (the business manager) has recently posted comments & based on his professionalism, I decided to give him a call directly.  I gave him my order # and he told me to hold on then came back on the phone saying sorry the TV is on backorder for 2 weeks.  I advised him that this is concerning because the website says it is available.  I went on explaining that through several months of research, I finally decided to purchase from ECTV because of the 2 posts he made on Yelp as it gave me peace of mind & reassurance that I can trust ECTV.  But so far my experience mirrors a lot of the complaints I read online about ECTV.  He replied by first apologizing and said that ECTV is really trying to work on customer service and offered to give me the white glove service at no charge.  I was appreciative but did comment that so there is no guarantee when I will get the TV given that it is on backorder? He said "you know what, I have another customer who ordered the same TV but he is moving so he can wait longer (not too sure what he meant by this but doesn't really matter).  I'm going to give you this TV & you will get it early next week".  He then says but I need you to hook me up & I was like oh boy here we go... but to my surprise, he said please hook me up on Yelp & give me good comments".  After I hung up the phone, I received an email saying the order will begin processing straight away!  So in conclusion, I don't have to pay an extra dime (I see a pending charge on my cc for the exact amount I am expecting) and will get my TV about 1 week from purchase (according to Jay).  Not really sure why/how Jay was able to help me or maybe TV is not on backorder but as long as I get the TV (legit), I will be a happy customer because I will be saving hundreds of dollars. I will post an update next week but so far so good...

post #399 of 411 Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by be01243 View Post

I wanted to share my experience with ECTV...  I placed an order on 5/26, Monday and received an email on 5/28 "Call us about your order".  I called them right away (was put on hold for long time but I expected this based on all the posts I have read). I finally got someone on the line (a man, didn't catch his name) and he told me that the TV was on backorder for 2 weeks (again not surprised).  After I said ok he then tried to sell me the white glove service (which I found odd because I expected this before he told me the TV was on backorder but then again maybe this is just their tactic).  He wasn't too aggressive (was not nice but not rude) & I turned the service down.  Today, I noticed on Yelp, Jay R (the business manager) has recently posted comments & based on his professionalism, I decided to give him a call directly.  I gave him my order # and he told me to hold on then came back on the phone saying sorry the TV is on backorder for 2 weeks.  I advised him that this is concerning because the website says it is available.  I went on explaining that through several months of research, I finally decided to purchase from ECTV because of the 2 posts he made on Yelp as it gave me peace of mind & reassurance that I can trust ECTV.  But so far my experience mirrors a lot of the complaints I read online about ECTV.  He replied by first apologizing and said that ECTV is really trying to work on customer service and offered to give me the white glove service at no charge.  I was appreciative but did comment that so there is no guarantee when I will get the TV given that it is on backorder? He said "you know what, I have another customer who ordered the same TV but he is moving so he can wait longer (not too sure what he meant by this but doesn't really matter).  I'm going to give you this TV & you will get it early next week".  He then says but I need you to hook me up & I was like oh boy here we go... but to my surprise, he said please hook me up on Yelp & give me good comments".  After I hung up the phone, I received an email saying the order will begin processing straight away!  So in conclusion, I don't have to pay an extra dime (I see a pending charge on my cc for the exact amount I am expecting) and will get my TV about 1 week from purchase (according to Jay).  Not really sure why/how Jay was able to help me or maybe TV is not on backorder but as long as I get the TV (legit), I will be a happy customer because I will be saving hundreds of dollars. I will post an update next week but so far so good...

Which TV did you order?  I'm curious to know…  Thanks.  

post #400 of 411 Old 05-31-2014, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by be01243 View Post

Not really sure why/how Jay was able to help me or maybe TV is not on backorder but as long as I get the TV (legit), I will be a happy customer because I will be saving hundreds of dollars. I will post an update next week but so far so good...
He wants that positive review on yelp from you.
post #401 of 411 Old 05-31-2014, 06:09 AM

un55f8000 - i got it for 1429 + 100 (NJ tax) = 1529 compared to Amazon/BB 2298 + 160 = 2458.

That's a savings of 929.  I think this is definitely worth giving Jay positive review on Yelp!

post #402 of 411 Old 06-02-2014, 01:00 PM

Who received a TV recently? I thought ECTV uses AM Home delivery but I got a tracking # from FedEx..  Did they change shipping company recently? 

post #403 of 411 Old 06-02-2014, 02:37 PM

I got the TV mount via Fedex, and the TV via AM home delivery.

post #404 of 411 Old 06-02-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:

Would like to put an update to my exchange of TV. Received the notice that the new TV was shipped out on the following Thu 5/22. Got a call from AM Trucking that they'll come on Mon 5/26 between 6-10am to PICK UP the old one, but didn't mention about the new TV. I asked him to verify the new one and make sure they deliver and pick up at the same time since I don't want to be away from work twice. The guy said he'll check and make a note, and I requested a further confirmation of the time. Then, without any further confirmation, 2 guys knocked on my door 5:20am on 5/26 with the new TV. However, I hadn't taken the old TV down from my wall mount yet since I was waiting for the further confirmation, they took the new TV with them and left. When AM Trucking delivered the old TV, the shipping status on their website was up-to-date with detailed information when they'll come to deliver, but for the new TV, the status is not updated at all and even today it still shows "In transit to CA". I called later on the same day, and was told probably they'll come back again the following Mon which is today. Haven't got any confirmation yet. Hope they'll deliver it soon.

post #405 of 411 Old 06-02-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Amazing how all the posts on this thread about great and wonderful experiences in most cases are from forum members who have 3 or 4 posts and just recently joined (see above) rolleyes.gif
All for saving a buck, but there are a lot of ways to do that without taking chances with companies that have a lot of documented customer service issues.
locomo likes this.
post #406 of 411 Old 06-02-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

Amazing how all the posts on this thread about great and wonderful experiences in most cases are from forum members who have 3 or 4 posts and just recently joined (see above) rolleyes.gif
All for saving a buck, but there are a lot of ways to do that without taking chances with companies that have a lot of documented customer service issues.

Exactly. These scammers are too stupid to know we can see their entire posting histories.
post #407 of 411 Old 06-02-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypues View Post

Exactly. These scammers are too stupid to know we can see their entire posting histories.

Hi aypues, I respect your right of suspecting people to be scammers, but still hope you can watch your words and keep the basic respect to others. If I didn't notice the significant price difference, I wouldn't bother to search online to see all related information about ECTV, and wouldn't even bump into this forum and this thread. If I didn't have the problem of getting a Canadian version in the first place, I wouldn't bother to register and follow this thread. Anyway, feel free to keep trashing your bad words. Proving I'm a scammer or not in a virtual environment like here does not make any difference to me, but still want to put a snapshot of my order shipment so that future readers can get another data point to make their own decision.

I called AM Trucking this afternoon, and they said they'll come on Friday but no time window offered at this point, will call me at least 1 day early to confirm. I'll update again once I get the new delivery. Below is the latest tracking information of my shipment, as I mentioned in my last post, this tracking information is not accurate at all.

post #408 of 411 Old 06-03-2014, 05:54 AM

Thanks Tavitave.  I spoke with Jay yesterday & he told me that the TV has not shipped (just the wall mount via FedEx).  He obviously is giving me the runaround.  He told me the TV was going out today (yesterday) via one way shipping?? Before I had the chance to even ask why not AM home delivery, he kind of rushed me off the phone.  I don't know if I should be concerned that they are using a different shipping company....  As of this morning, my cc has been charged and NO confirmation the TV has been shipped.  Obviously I'm not too happy right now but this is the kind of risk I did take to save $900 so I will call him when the store opens.  As long as the TV is shipped today, I will be fine.  I will provide an update.

post #409 of 411 Old 06-06-2014, 08:50 AM

Got a call about 7:35am, and got the TV ~20mins later. Carefully checked the box and the back of the TV and made sure it's a US version. Even though had lots of worries since the order was placed, given what the result turns out, I, speaking for myself only, don't mind doing business with them again. 

Once again, many thanks to those who have generously shared their past experience, certainly that helped me a lot. For newcomers, do your own research and judge for yourself if you want to save some money.  

post #410 of 411 Old 06-07-2014, 06:44 PM

I got my TV today ~2 weeks after I placed the order.  The TV is in perfect condition and I was able to confirm it is a new brand set by registering on samsung.com.  However I do have to share that Jay was one of the most rude and awful person I ever dealt with.  Initially he was very friendly giving me the impression that he was helping me out but he gradually became a monster because in his opinion he thought I kept calling him and he felt I didn't trust him.  All I wanted was for the TV to be shipped since my cc was charged.  I don't want to go into the details but he simply was a disgustingly unpleasant individual and I honestly wanted to cancel my order at that point but I felt canceling my order was the worst option as I didn't know how difficult he was going to make the return process.  With all that said, I don't know if I would purchase through them again as I'm not sure if it's worth being disrespected for the sake of saving some money.  

post #411 of 411 Old 07-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am just wondering if the rudeness, delays, and other problems are because they offer such low prices on each tv, thus lower profit margin thinking what do the customers expect for $xxxx. They should be happy to get the TV for such a low price. Not saying this is a good reason for negative treatment to their customers, just a thought. I have dealt with Ny brick and mortar discounters before and got the same treatment. I did however get my item and save money. I guess you have to be ready for what I call "The Ny Hustle" and be thick skinned.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page