The East Coast TV's Experiment - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #451 of 575 Old 08-28-2014, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just ordered a UN65HU9000 from ECTV's. I am a newbie her but have been lurking for awhile. I didn't negotiate much with them on the phone when they called. I figured the TV was much less than buying from best buy and the extra I paid over the advertised amount was worth it for them to send it w/o difficulty. I also live in Oregon, so WG was a good idea. the extra shipping cost So here is the deal.. UN65HU9000, TS01 panel, WG delivery, shipping protection, (2) 6 ft HDMI2 cables = $3328. They just sent it AM express, it shipped within hours of the order. Can't wait to get it.

Last edited by alanmacdougall; 08-28-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 575 Old 08-29-2014, 06:17 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 488
You don't need to pay for so called "shippin protection", it's a scam to increase their net profit. ALL trucking companies operating in the United States already have shipping insurance or are bonded (self-insured) and pay any claims directly when they damage or lose freight (i deal with this stuff in my industry).

What exactly does their "shipping protection" do for you that the trucking company's own insurance doesn't do?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #453 of 575 Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
You don't need to pay for so called "shippin protection", it's a scam to increase their net profit. ALL trucking companies operating in the United States already have shipping insurance or are bonded (self-insured) and pay any claims directly when they damage or lose freight (i deal with this stuff in my industry).

What exactly does their "shipping protection" do for you that the trucking company's own insurance doesn't do?

I think everyone knows you don't need it but it's just one of those things you know you have to pay in addition to complete the transaction. Let them call it whatever they want, they could say hey we have to charge you x amount for the heck of it. Here's your new total, still a good deal when you compare it to the big box stores so we pay it.

Ultimately I just wish east coast would get rid of their up sale policy. Just say here's our out the door price and make it a couple hundred more than what's listed on the site. Still the best deal out there and eliminates the headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alanmacdougall likes this.
post #454 of 575 Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Yes, please keep us posted. It's important that the forum hears about the experiences of others in regards to the purchasing experience from start to delivery with these "grey market" resellers. I had a good experience in the end. It was a little crazy at the start understanding their sales practices but the savings was worth it and you get the same product and the same warranty as if you were buying at Best Buy.
Sorry for the delay, been busy these past couple days. The good news is that the TV arrived in perfect condition- even the box it arrived in was in pristine shape- and the delivery guy set it up on the on stand, plugged it in, and checked for dead pixels. The screen was fine, so we tipped him and sent him on his way. I love the set, and the flashlighting and blanking issues that others have complained about either haven't manifested themselves or I haven't noticed them.

Can't argue with the price, and we're all happy with the new TV. So other than my waiting a couple extra days for friends to come over to help me wall mount this, I'm happy with the way things have turned out.
HLdan likes this.
post #455 of 575 Old 08-29-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty1020 View Post
I think everyone knows you don't need it but it's just one of those things you know you have to pay in addition to complete the transaction. Let them call it whatever they want, they could say hey we have to charge you x amount for the heck of it. Here's your new total, still a good deal when you compare it to the big box stores so we pay it.

Ultimately I just wish east coast would get rid of their up sale policy. Just say here's our out the door price and make it a couple hundred more than what's listed on the site. Still the best deal out there and eliminates the headache.

This was basically my strategy, I looked that the bottom line, and compared it to the $4,300 at Best Buy down the street. I saved $1000 + 2 HDMI cables! It was also shipped AM "Express" and I wasn't charged for the express. I did something right because the TV was shipped out within 2 hours of the order. Steve said I would have it next Friday. Question does the the TV need calibration? I have no idea how to do it....
post #456 of 575 Old 08-29-2014, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmacdougall View Post
This was basically my strategy, I looked that the bottom line, and compared it to the $4,300 at Best Buy down the street. I saved $1000 + 2 HDMI cables! It was also shipped AM "Express" and I wasn't charged for the express. I did something right because the TV was shipped out within 2 hours of the order. Steve said I would have it next Friday. Question does the the TV need calibration? I have no idea how to do it....

I would try a few different settings that people have posted in the owners thread. Yes, calibration would dial it in even more but definitely needs a few tweaks from the out of box setting.

post #457 of 575 Old 08-29-2014, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliusm View Post
AM Trucking called yesterday and are delivering today. I couldn't reschedule for Friday (the original date I was hoping for as I'll need to be home that day to meet with multiple contractors anyway). They indicated it would likely be after the weekend if I wanted to reschedule, so I went ahead and confirmed the appointment. They told me they'd call me with a half hour notice, which gives me just enough time to leave the office and head over. Minor inconvenience, but my employer is flexible and I'll get my TV sooner.

7 day delivery, and I paid $120 for WG service (ECTV threw in better wall mount to help)- I'm embarrassed to say. They told me that it would take 3 weeks to deliver otherwise, and that they'd drop it off and not stick around to see if the set turns on. I'd rather have the piece of mind. Still, even with the upsell, I saved $300 over what I'd pay at Amazon, and $450 over what I'd pay at BB currently (incl tax).
I'll keep you posted.
As Randy stated, the White Glove service is basically a scam.. They only have it delivered one way.. They always have to unbox it for you and have you inspect it, no matter what, or else you just refuse to sign off on it.. I ordered a Tv from there a while back, and they tried to pitch that to me as well, I told them "I'm in no rush for the tv, and I declined. The Tv came in 5 days, and they unboxed it and plugged it in for me without even me asking them to. They usually try to upsell you on the WG shipping, then an extended warranty, (which they usually overprice),. then if you decline all of that, they hit you with a mandatory "shipping insurance fee" of anywhere from 4-8%, (which is also a scam) You can always tell who these companies are that use these kind of tactics, just look at their store hours and they will always close early on Fridays..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #458 of 575 Old 08-29-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I had a guy that I have gotten to know through Conn's offer me his 64" Samsung Plasma PN64F8500 for $1,500 which I went to go check out last night. Everything is intact, has all the accessories and it has 5,000 hours on the TV. Should I pull the trigger on the deal or just buy a new one? On East Coast they go for about $2300 and on Best Buy for $3100. Considering the expected panel life of this plasma tv (about 80,000 hours)…. It's really tempting… as it's only about 8% "used"…
post #459 of 575 Old 08-29-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
As Randy stated, the White Glove service is basically a scam.. They only have it delivered one way.. They always have to unbox it for you and have you inspect it, no matter what, or else you just refuse to sign off on it.. I ordered a Tv from there a while back, and they tried to pitch that to me as well, I told them "I'm in no rush for the tv, and I declined. The Tv came in 5 days, and they unboxed it and plugged it in for me without even me asking them to. They usually try to upsell you on the WG shipping, then an extended warranty, (which they usually overprice),. then if you decline all of that, they hit you with a mandatory "shipping insurance fee" of anywhere from 4-8%, (which is also a scam) You can always tell who these companies are that use these kind of tactics, just look at their store hours and they will always close early on Fridays..
All the up charges are questionable from my perspective except the shipping charge. Shipping a big box from NJ to OR would cost more than say just a state or two away. If it was my business I would increase the price to an acceptable margin and then eliminate the questionable up charges.
post #460 of 575 Old 09-03-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I’m a long time lurker on this forum. After reading through this thread and some other research I decided to try my luck with ECTV.

Details on my purchase made on their website:
  • Sharp LC-70UQ17U
  • Advertised Price: $2,069.00
  • Bonus: Included FREE Flat Wall Mount (advertised at $129.00 on their site)
  • Protection Plan: Declined
  • Shipping Method: Free Ground Shipping (7-10 Business Days)
  • Customer Appreciation Coupon: $10 OFF (automatically added to my order when I checked out)
  • Coupon Code I entered: PAYCHECK (2% off that was advertised as their “Labor Day sale”)
  • Order Placed: 09/01/2014 at 10:34 AM ET
  • Subtotal: $2,017.82
  • Tax: $0.00
  • Shipping Cost: $0.00
  • Grand total: $2,017.82

Expected follow up phone call details:
  • Call Received: 09/01/2014 at 11:41 AM ET
  • Call Duration: 4:33

First thing that he told me on the phone was that the coupon code “PAYCHECK” was only good if you paid with anything other than a credit card. The rationale is that 2% off covers the credit card fees they have to pay so the discount only applies to non-credit card payment methods. I declined to change my payment method and lost the 2% discount. New grand total $2,059.00.

He then attempted to upsell me on shipping. He said he was giving me his bottom dollar upfront which he then stated was $99 for the express white glove delivery. In addition to the upgraded shipping he said that they would also upgrade the free flat wall mount to their thin wall mount. Part of his pitch for the shipping upgrade was that he stated if I upgrade I get the white glove delivery and it will be delivered from their NJ warehouse. Since I live in MD I could probably expect it by the end of the week. If I stuck with the basic delivery it will come from their warehouse in CA and will take 2 to 3 weeks. As I am not in a rush to receive the TV nor do I care about the thinness of the wall mount (if I even use one) I declined. After a little bit more back and forth I said I would do it for $50 and he wouldn’t budge off the $99. And that was it. He didn’t attempt to sell anything else to me. He was pleasant to deal with, not too pushy or rude.

Current order status:

Pending and “Shipping Soon”

I’ll update when something changes

Last edited by CorvetteCoop; 09-03-2014 at 02:02 PM.
post #461 of 575 Old 09-03-2014, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Corvette, please be less vague and more detailed in your writeup. JK

Samsung 85" 4K, Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 with MartinLogan Theos, Stage, Motion 15, EM-R, Seaton Submersive F2, 5Denon AVR-X5200W, PS4 = SubSolar, Xbox1 = SubSolar0
post #462 of 575 Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Randy didn't state that. He said the shipping insurance was a scam...which I agree. I also don't think you're completely right about how these companies deliver. I spoke to Chris at Cleveland Plasma and he while he can't guarantee WGD he said it's up to the delivery guys. They may just do curb-side delivery and that's brining the TV to your front door porch, have you sign and then they leave. They are not required to bring it in your home and open up the box and plug it in. As simplified as that sounds, that's above curb-side delivery and most companies charge extra for that. And what does them closing early on Fridays have to do with shady sales tactics?
post #463 of 575 Old 09-03-2014, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Randy didn't state that. He said the shipping insurance was a scam...which I agree. I also don't think you're completely right about how these companies deliver. I spoke to Chris at Cleveland Plasma and he while he can't guarantee WGD he said it's up to the delivery guys. They may just do curb-side delivery and that's brining the TV to your front door porch, have you sign and then they leave. They are not required to bring it in your home and open up the box and plug it in. As simplified as that sounds, that's above curb-side delivery and most companies charge extra for that. And what does them closing early on Fridays have to do with shady sales tactics?
If those shipping companies had their way, they would Never let you inspect the contents of the box..
This is the way it works.. Almost every reputable shipping company that the stores use, will include insurance, in case the shippers break the screen while in transit.. If for instance you take delivery of a tv, and they drop it at your curb and you sign for it, and then after they leave, you realize the screen is shattered. Guess what? You're out 1 Tv. That is why they open it and make sure you inspect it, so you can "sign off" on it and by doing that you acknowledge that the shippers are in clear.. You can NEVER accept a tv without making sure the shippers didnt drop it.. I ran across delivery guys that wanted to just leave the tv in my driveway,, I refused to sign, and low and behold they then changed their tune and unboxed it and let me inspect it. I have ordered at least 5 big flat panels and i have never paid for or requested WGS.. Now, they may not be obligated to put the tv in your room of choice, etc etc,, BUT regardless, you Have to inspect it before you sign,,. I am not sure what the early closing time on Fridays is about, but all the shady vendors in fact do close on 3pm on Friday.. (Abe's, eastcoast tvs. nycpowerseller, Nice electronics)..Maybe you happen to know?

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #464 of 575 Old 09-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If those shipping companies had their way, they would Never let you inspect the contents of the box..
This is the way it works.. Almost every reputable shipping company that the stores use, will include insurance, in case the shippers break the screen while in transit.. If for instance you take delivery of a tv, and they drop it at your curb and you sign for it, and then after they leave, you realize the screen is shattered. Guess what? You're out 1 Tv. That is why they open it and make sure you inspect it, so you can "sign off" on it and by doing that you acknowledge that the shippers are in clear.. You can NEVER accept a tv without making sure the shippers didnt drop it.. I ran across delivery guys that wanted to just leave the tv in my driveway,, I refused to sign, and low and behold they then changed their tune and unboxed it and let me inspect it. I have ordered at least 5 big flat panels and i have never paid for or requested WGS.. Now, they may not be obligated to put the tv in your room of choice, etc etc,, BUT regardless, you Have to inspect it before you sign,,. I am not sure what the early closing time on Fridays is about, but all the shady vendors in fact do close on 3pm on Friday.. (Abe's, eastcoast tvs. nycpowerseller, Nice electronics)..Maybe you happen to know?
Why would I know? I was basically asking you because I didn't see an issue with them closing early on Friday. They are online resellers anyway so you can still order online whether their customer service is open or closed. I have to say that while I definitely get your point, in reality things don't pan out that way. I have been a Mac User for the past 17 years. I've ordered quite a few 27" iMacs and UPS knows it's a computer from Apple in that big box. They've always dropped it off at my door and had me sign. Not once did they ask me to open the carton to inspect the iMac screen for damage. UPS and FEDEX ship a lot of glass-based products and they don't offer customers (at least they never offered me) to open the packaging to inspect for any glass damage before they leave. They've had me just sign and they bounce. 99% of the time they are in a hurry.

Now, in terms of what is considered a scam or not in regards to the shipping insurance or WGD up-sell, it really doesn't matter. I think some people are getting worked up over the theory of these up-sell fees. It honestly just doesn't matter. The bottom line is "What's the total price am I paying out the Door?". For just about everyone ordering from these grey market resellers the bottom line price with all these up-sell fees is still far less than full retail or any deal they would get from Best Buy or any other retailer that is considered authorized. Is it better for everyone to buy from these grey market resellers? I would have to say no. Everyone has different tastes on where they prefer to spend their money. I haven't read every single post on AVS but so far I haven't seen one person dissatisfied after they got the product delivered to them and so far nobody has had a problem with the warranty.
post #465 of 575 Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Placed an order for a PN64F8500 from NiceElectronics. Knew about the upselling from this thread going into the phone call.

Price on the website was $2144 for the "2013 version" and ~$2900 for the "2014 version". I got the same spiel about the lower priced model having outsourced panels. Told him I didn't care about the difference in quality and that I'd buy a stolen TV if it was cheaper...

Got offered the TV for $2600, told him the max I could go to was $2300. He said he could do 2500 but that was it. Told him I couldn't go any higher than 2300 again. He stopped using words at this point and just started making an "ehhhhh noise", so I put him outta his misery by just canceling the order.

~$2500 ain't worth it from a Grey Market seller. Not when you can get an open box version from a authorized vendor for around that price.
post #466 of 575 Old 09-04-2014, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I had a similar opportunity. Open box for a 64" F8500 (with some minor IR, not sure how many hrs, but was on a repeated loop) at BB for $2.3k plus tax vs. brand new from Nice for $2540 OTD with WG. Figure the pricing was about the same including CA sales tax, so went for the brand new unit from Nice. A new unit from BB would've come to $3,385 plus extra for WG. Net savings approx. $860.

They did upsell me with an ultra slim tilting mount for $50, but figure I needed one anyways.

Several in these forums have purchased from Nice and gotten their full manufacturers warranty, so I'm good there. However, to each his own, as long as we all enjoy our tv's!
dougdabbs and HLdan like this.
post #467 of 575 Old 09-04-2014, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Yeah, I've got zero qualms with buying used or open box stuff. It's all going to get "used" by myself within a month anyway, so a little bit of wear doesn't impact my decision. Like you said, the pricing is basically a wash.

So I'd rather have a greater peace of mind regarding the warranty and the ability to return the product vs having a new in box product. But I know some people are particular about new stuff so to them it's probably worth it.
mhanism likes this.
post #468 of 575 Old 09-06-2014, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 3
East Coast TV / AM Home Delivery Misfire

Based on some positive feedback on this forum and elsewhere I took a risk and ordered a Samsung PN64F8500 from East Coast.

Wednesday morning I received a call from AM Home Delivery's customer service and a nice young lady informed me the item was shipped from NY metro and it was expected to arrive at AM's Atlanta area depot on Friday, yesterday. AM would then deliver it to my home sometime next week. When asked for a BOL# she provided East Coast's order #.

Thursday I called East Coast and they stated the item was shipped. I asked for the serial number of the item, but the rep couldn't provide it. I asked if it was a US01 model and he replied yes it is. I thanked the EC rep, and when I told him I would leave glowing feedback by name, he replied 'he loved me'. I hungup thinking if EC loves me all must be good in the world.

Due to the fact I may have to appear in court next week, exact date/time uncertain, as a witness, I contacted AM's local depot and let them know of a scheduling dilemma where I must call the court each night to be informed if I must appear the following day. They were understanding and told me they 'would work with me' on delivering the item. Again, all seemed good.

This afternoon, Saturday, I was informed 'AM has no record the item was shipped' and the item does not appear on manifests for the next few expected freight deliverys to AM's local depot. Both East Coast and AM are closed for the day.

Is someone within AM's circle trying to steal my television? Any suggestions on how to deal with this before it's too late?
post #469 of 575 Old 09-06-2014, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
A lot of vendors will not even unbox it for you, let alone place it on a stand and plug it in for you. I don't believe Best Buy offers the latter two.
post #470 of 575 Old 09-06-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think you could just sign. May not be the best idea, but probably often done if box looks pristine.
post #471 of 575 Old 09-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
Based on some positive feedback on this forum and elsewhere I took a risk and ordered a Samsung PN64F8500 from East Coast.

Wednesday morning I received a call from AM Home Delivery's customer service and a nice young lady informed me the item was shipped from NY metro and it was expected to arrive at AM's Atlanta area depot on Friday, yesterday. AM would then deliver it to my home sometime next week. When asked for a BOL# she provided East Coast's order #.

Thursday I called East Coast and they stated the item was shipped. I asked for the serial number of the item, but the rep couldn't provide it. I asked if it was a US01 model and he replied yes it is. I thanked the EC rep, and when I told him I would leave glowing feedback by name, he replied 'he loved me'. I hungup thinking if EC loves me all must be good in the world.

Due to the fact I may have to appear in court next week, exact date/time uncertain, as a witness, I contacted AM's local depot and let them know of a scheduling dilemma where I must call the court each night to be informed if I must appear the following day. They were understanding and told me they 'would work with me' on delivering the item. Again, all seemed good.

This afternoon, Saturday, I was informed 'AM has no record the item was shipped' and the item does not appear on manifests for the next few expected freight deliverys to AM's local depot. Both East Coast and AM are closed for the day.

Is someone within AM's circle trying to steal my television? Any suggestions on how to deal with this before it's too late?
Don't come to those conclusions. Probably just a mistake in their computer system. Get a hold of ECTV's tomorrow. They'll take care of it.
post #472 of 575 Old 09-07-2014, 10:08 AM

Get a hold of ECTV's tomorrow.

Called early Sunday afternoon and was told 'Customer Service is not in until tomorrow, call back then.' Sounds like trouble.
post #473 of 575 Old 09-08-2014, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Get a hold of ECTV's tomorrow.

Called early Sunday afternoon and was told 'Customer Service is not in until tomorrow, call back then.' Sounds like trouble.
I think you might be a bit paranoid. I doubt anyone is going to outright steal from you, but what do I know. I suspect if you speak to someone during normal business hours, it will get sorted out in short order.
post #474 of 575 Old 09-08-2014, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 517
ECTV
Postive review comments and the reason why a TV was ordered cracked me up. Thanks for the early morning laugh on a Monday. By the way for each positive comment you can find plenty of negative ones. ECTV is a small business, don't expect them to be open a Sunday, even a number of large companies don't operate CS on a Sunday. Good luck.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000 Fronts, Ascend HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014

Last edited by smurraybhm; 09-09-2014 at 07:02 AM.
post #475 of 575 Old 09-08-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteCoop View Post
I’m a long time lurker on this forum. After reading through this thread and some other research I decided to try my luck with ECTV.

Details on my purchase made on their website:
  • Sharp LC-70UQ17U
  • Advertised Price: $2,069.00
  • Bonus: Included FREE Flat Wall Mount (advertised at $129.00 on their site)
  • Protection Plan: Declined
  • Shipping Method: Free Ground Shipping (7-10 Business Days)
  • Customer Appreciation Coupon: $10 OFF (automatically added to my order when I checked out)
  • Coupon Code I entered: PAYCHECK (2% off that was advertised as their “Labor Day sale”)
  • Order Placed: 09/01/2014 at 10:34 AM ET
  • Subtotal: $2,017.82
  • Tax: $0.00
  • Shipping Cost: $0.00
  • Grand total: $2,017.82

Expected follow up phone call details:
  • Call Received: 09/01/2014 at 11:41 AM ET
  • Call Duration: 4:33

First thing that he told me on the phone was that the coupon code “PAYCHECK” was only good if you paid with anything other than a credit card. The rationale is that 2% off covers the credit card fees they have to pay so the discount only applies to non-credit card payment methods. I declined to change my payment method and lost the 2% discount. New grand total $2,059.00.

He then attempted to upsell me on shipping. He said he was giving me his bottom dollar upfront which he then stated was $99 for the express white glove delivery. In addition to the upgraded shipping he said that they would also upgrade the free flat wall mount to their thin wall mount. Part of his pitch for the shipping upgrade was that he stated if I upgrade I get the white glove delivery and it will be delivered from their NJ warehouse. Since I live in MD I could probably expect it by the end of the week. If I stuck with the basic delivery it will come from their warehouse in CA and will take 2 to 3 weeks. As I am not in a rush to receive the TV nor do I care about the thinness of the wall mount (if I even use one) I declined. After a little bit more back and forth I said I would do it for $50 and he wouldn’t budge off the $99. And that was it. He didn’t attempt to sell anything else to me. He was pleasant to deal with, not too pushy or rude.

Current order status:

Pending and “Shipping Soon”

I’ll update when something changes
FYI

Just so you know Microcenter had this TV( in store only price) for $1499.00 plus tax last month
Needless to say it was a popular deal

there is a complete thread about it on another website( and perhaps here as well in the deals forum)

I dont see where...if you do your due diligence, that grey market etailers are a real advantage
In some cases be it price and/or the buying process they most certainly don't seem to be

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer Denon 4520 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #476 of 575 Old 09-08-2014, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
*snip I am not sure what the early closing time on Fridays is about, but all the shady vendors in fact do close on 3pm on Friday.. (Abe's, eastcoast tvs. nycpowerseller, Nice electronics)..Maybe you happen to know?
Quote:
Why would I know? I was basically asking you because I didn't see an issue with them closing early on Friday. *snip
They most likely close early for their religious beliefs, and less to do with shady business practice.
smurraybhm likes this.

ISF Calibrator
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Samsung PN64F8500
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.

Last edited by dsskid; 09-08-2014 at 07:31 AM.
post #477 of 575 Old 09-10-2014, 10:15 AM

Delivery Update: My 65HU9000 was shipped on 8/28 from NJ to Portland OR, AM Delivery said it is now at their Kent WA warehouse. I called the Kent office and they it will probably deliver it in on 9/16. I cant believe it takes 3 weeks to ship and deliver a TV. Unbelievable, if their is any damage, I will not accept it. By the way does anyone know how to verify if the screen is a TS01?
post #478 of 575 Old 09-11-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmacdougall View Post
Delivery Update: My 65HU9000 was shipped on 8/28 from NJ to Portland OR, AM Delivery said it is now at their Kent WA warehouse. I called the Kent office and they it will probably deliver it in on 9/16. I cant believe it takes 3 weeks to ship and deliver a TV. Unbelievable, if their is any damage, I will not accept it. By the way does anyone know how to verify if the screen is a TS01?
I ordered a pn64f8500 from ECTV on 8/25.

AM's website shows it shipped on 8/26, also the date of "Electronic Billing Received" in the detail panel of the BoL. My guess is AM's system uses the Billing Received date as the ship date for the billing transaction between ECTV and AM.

The TV actually departed NY metro on Tuesday, 9/9, and I expect delivery tomorrow, 9/12. This prolonged shipping schedule is in line with the expectations set by ECTV when I spoke with them on 8/26 - "2 to 3 weeks until delivery."

Other than several telephone conversation snafus on Sunday 9/7, the people at both ECTV and AM provided me consistently accurate information, in line with both HLdan's and B T C's comments.

More after tomorrow's expected delivery.
HLdan likes this.
post #479 of 575 Old 09-12-2014, 03:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I went to Best Buy Thursday night, and asked a sales associate if she knew when Best Buy would stop selling the F8500. I said she probably would not have this info. She replied that she could check; she went to the Best Buy private network, and told me in no uncertain terms that the set would be on sale until 3/15/15 at Best Buy. She said if an earlier date was accurate she would have heard from the Samsung representative.
post #480 of 575 Old 09-12-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I ordered a pn64f8500 from ECTV on 8/25.

AM's website shows it shipped on 8/26, also the date of "Electronic Billing Received" in the detail panel of the BoL. My guess is AM's system uses the Billing Received date as the ship date for the billing transaction between ECTV and AM.

The TV actually departed NY metro on Tuesday, 9/9, and I expect delivery tomorrow, 9/12. This prolonged shipping schedule is in line with the expectations set by ECTV when I spoke with them on 8/26 - "2 to 3 weeks until delivery."

Other than several telephone conversation snafus on Sunday 9/7, the people at both ECTV and AM provided me consistently accurate information, in line with both HLdan's and B T C's comments.

More after tomorrow's expected delivery.
I believe this is what happened to my TV. AM tracking showed "Electronic billing information received on 8/28" next line it showed "in transit to WA" on 8/28. Next update line showed "in transit on 9/5". So it probably left the AM warehouse in NJ on 9/5. This would explain the delivery date of 9/16. AM said it was already in Kent WA on 9/9. The next day AM said it had not arrived in Kent. Both times they said they expected to deliver it on 9/16. My take is AM customer service is sketchy. I was worried the TV bounced around the US but it probably was sitting in the NJ warehouse for the unexplained time. Have a great day.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page