18Likes

post #481 of 489 Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post
I went to Best Buy Thursday night, and asked a sales associate if she knew when Best Buy would stop selling the F8500. I said she probably would not have this info. She replied that she could check; she went to the Best Buy private network, and told me in no uncertain terms that the set would be on sale until 3/15/15 at Best Buy. She said if an earlier date was accurate she would have heard from the Samsung representative.
That doesn't sound unreasonable if they stop manufacturing the set November 30.

I don't know exactly where the Samsung plasma plant is, but I assume it's in Asia and if so it takes a few months for the shipments to get here. BB has the final shipment arrival date.

Might be a zoo to grab one of those last few great plasmas new in the box before the tech dies. I'm glad I have mine; the thing seriously just keeps getting better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 489 Old 09-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post
I went to Best Buy Thursday night, and asked a sales associate if she knew when Best Buy would stop selling the F8500. I said she probably would not have this info. She replied that she could check; she went to the Best Buy private network, and told me in no uncertain terms that the set would be on sale until 3/15/15 at Best Buy. She said if an earlier date was accurate she would have heard from the Samsung representative.
Sounds like either she did not know about Samsung's announcement to discontinue development of Plasma at the end of November or she didn't fully explain to you that they will continue selling the F8500 until BB's available stock has flatlined. All I say is if this is the TV you are after don't play the fool (don't take that personally) and wait to see how long you can hold out. Make it easy on yourself and get it while it's still somewhat easy to acquire.
post #483 of 489 Old 09-12-2014, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Sounds like either she did not know about Samsung's announcement to discontinue development of Plasma at the end of November or she didn't fully explain to you that they will continue selling the F8500 until BB's available stock has flatlined. All I say is if this is the TV you are after don't play the fool (don't take that personally) and wait to see how long you can hold out. Make it easy on yourself and get it while it's still somewhat easy to acquire.

I agree, but I did tell her about Samsung's 11/14 announcement. She had not heard that announcement..
post #484 of 489 Old 09-13-2014, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
If my recollection is correct, Panasonic ended production at the end of November; maybe a few were made in very early December.

By late January, the scramble was on, and the only Panasonic left at my local Magnolia was the floor model.
post #485 of 489 Old 09-13-2014, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
The pn64f8500 was delivered yesterday morning.

The AM person brought it into the entry hall, my requested location, took the box top off, scanned the entire screen for damage with an iPhone flashlight, plugged it in and turned on. Before I signed, I registered it on Samsung's website. Entire process took less than 15 minutes. The delivery person obviously delivered this model several times before yesterday; he suggested I keep the packing material. Received a phone call yesterday afternoon from AM to confirm it was delivered.

Considering appliances, flooring, furniture from North Carolina, etc., it's probably the smoothest home delivery I've ever seen.

Shipping carton condition was pristine with no dings, all Styrofoam blocks were perfect, monitor was wrapped in poly bag, all accessories, manuals were included. It was manufactured July 2014, MRT = 0, Firmware version = 1200.

It's still sitting on the blocks, running break-in slides. Zero dead pixels.

Wife's spontaneous comment 6:30 AM yesterday as she walked past it sitting on the styro with shrink wrap on bezel and unpowered: "It's beautiful." Priceless.

More later.

Last edited by bmcn; 09-13-2014 at 10:18 AM.
post #486 of 489 Old 09-13-2014, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post

The AM person brought it into the entry hall, my requested location, took the box top off, scanned the entire screen for damage with an iPhone flashlight, plugged it in and turned on. Before I signed, I registered it on Samsung's website. Entire process took less than 15 minutes. The delivery person obviously delivered this model several times before yesterday; he suggested I keep the packing material. Received a phone call yesterday afternoon from AM to confirm it was delivered.

Considering appliances, flooring, furniture from North Carolina, etc., it's probably the smoothest home delivery I've ever seen.

Shipping carton condition was pristine with no dings, all Styrofoam blocks were perfect, monitor was wrapped in poly bag, all accessories, manuals were included. It was manufactured July 2014, MRT = 0, Firmware version = 1200.

Wife's spontaneous comment 6:30 AM yesterday as she walked past it sitting on the styro with shrink wrap on bezel and unpowered: "It's beautiful." Priceless.

More later.
Niceeee... post some photos of the TV when you get a chance. At my local Best Buy they have a floor model PN64F8500 and the Store Manager wants $1899.00 I checked the hours on it and it has 5800 hours. Might consider buying it down and maybe push to get a better deal if he gets on desperation mode as it has been sitting there for the last month! I have to download some slides to take and test out the TV for any burn in images!
post #487 of 489 Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I received my UN65HU9000. It was ordered on 8/28 and it was delivered yesterday, Linden NJ > Kent, WA > Beaverton, OR. AM delivery trucked it from NJ to WA, than it appears to change hands to A1 delivery from WA to OR. East Coast TV's did a good job. The TV arrived as ordered in excellent condition. Its already registered at Samsung. The only complaint I have with white glove delivery is you have no idea when it will arrive until the day before delivery.
post #488 of 489 Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post

More later.
Awesome! Congrats! You will grow to love this TV more each day. I've been very happy with mine. Glad your delivery went well. AM Trucking does a good job with delivery.
post #489 of 489 Old Today, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Awesome! Congrats! You will grow to love this TV more each day. I've been very happy with mine. Glad your delivery went well. AM Trucking does a good job with delivery.

The picture's gorgeous, but so bright it burns my eyeballs. I've adjusted picture settings, but still need to fine-tune it a bit; will love it more after that. Will post requested photo over weekend. Very pleased with transaction and product lives up to hype.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page