The East Coast TV's Experiment - Page 19 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! > The East Coast TV's Experiment
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 01:28 PM 09-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraj2 View Post
Update:
I got a call from ECTV today. I wasn't really expecting it as I was at work and thought I was getting a work call, so I kind of had to rush off the phone.

The guy said, they don't make that TV anymore because it's the F model, and now they have the H model. I asked if I could call them back and he said "what are you going to call back for they don't make it anymore. Let me see if we got more in the next shipment."

It didn't exactly make sense, and I unfortunately didn't have time to better try and talk through my options. Feel this is a bit of a set up to try and use this as an excuse to get me to pay more money to get one sooner rather than waiting. I'm going to try and call them tomorrow, and ask for Jay who has showed up as the manager responding to a lot of the Yelp reviews.
What TV did you order?

murraj2's Avatar murraj2 01:58 PM 09-23-2014
60F8500.

While it may be partially true that Samsung isn't making it anymore (though they should be making it through November), the H series which is their LEDs is certainly not their new model of a Plasma.
murraj2's Avatar murraj2 04:00 PM 09-23-2014
It appears my order may actually have been cancelled as I can't seem to find it through their order tracking on their site anymore. Guess some prices are too good to be true. I'm pretty surprised they didn't try to sell me another TV in that case though.
HLdan's Avatar HLdan 10:31 PM 09-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
Do you know if Samsung will warranty your TV? I think that is one of my major concerns. No being able to return a TV is one thing but not being able to service it is another...

I know on their website it says full manufacturers warranty but would like to know how Samsung feels about that. Also, do you know if you are able to add a square trade warranty to it?

Eric, I would normally say differently but I've been reading your comments in regards to your concerns for ECTV. I'm recommending that you forget about this type of place and purchase from a dealer on Samsung's list or directly from Samsung. If price is your concern you should check out stores that are selling demos or floor samples. If what you want is a brand new TV for a reduced price your options are limited to ECTV and various other stores of the like. You apparently are very uncomfortable about this type of reseller to a point that you're even questioning the validity of the posters here who speak of positive experiences (which is only speculation you can't verify) with this type of dealer so I don't recommend you making a purchase from these dealers.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 06:32 AM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Eric, I would normally say differently but I've been reading your comments in regards to your concerns for ECTV. I'm recommending that you forget about this type of place and purchase from a dealer on Samsung's list or directly from Samsung. If price is your concern you should check out stores that are selling demos or floor samples. If what you want is a brand new TV for a reduced price your options are limited to ECTV and various other stores of the like. You apparently are very uncomfortable about this type of reseller to a point that you're even questioning the validity of the posters here who speak of positive experiences (which is only speculation you can't verify) with this type of dealer so I don't recommend you making a purchase from these dealers.
Yeah I agree. Understand I came into this thread because I was thinking of possibly purchasing from ECTV's and not to knock them. I wanted to look at all the facts.

I already knew about all the upselling and knowing even after that you would still save a lot of money.My next issue was with warranties and just because someone I do not know in here posts the warranty is fine why would their word be better then someone else's. I went out to see what Samsung says about this and I could not get anyone there to say the TV would be covered so their is obviosly a dilema here.

It is much better knowing your TV will be covered before you purchase it then knowing it is not covered after you purchased it.

This thread is about ECTV experiences and I would think this is part of the purchase experience that is needed to be known.

Will Samsung warranty the product? I want to believe they will but I do not know why no one at Samsung will admit that.
alanmacdougall's Avatar alanmacdougall 07:22 AM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
Yeah I agree. Understand I came into this thread because I was thinking of possibly purchasing from ECTV's and not to knock them. I wanted to look at all the facts.

I already knew about all the upselling and knowing even after that you would still save a lot of money.My next issue was with warranties and just because someone I do not know in here posts the warranty is fine why would their word be better then someone else's. I went out to see what Samsung says about this and I could not get anyone there to say the TV would be covered so their is obviosly a dilema here.

It is much better knowing your TV will be covered before you purchase it then knowing it is not covered after you purchased it.

This thread is about ECTV experiences and I would think this is part of the purchase experience that is needed to be known.

Will Samsung warranty the product? I want to believe they will but I do not know why no one at Samsung will admit that.
I wont repeat myself on the facts and findings I found since you already know. You may want to buy from a Samsung authorized dealer to set you mid at ease. Best of luck in any decision you make.
Paul Miller 11:01 AM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmacdougall View Post
I just ordered a UN65HU9000 from ECTV's. I am a newbie her but have been lurking for awhile. I didn't negotiate much with them on the phone when they called. I figured the TV was much less than buying from best buy and the extra I paid over the advertised amount was worth it for them to send it w/o difficulty. I also live in Oregon, so WG was a good idea. the extra shipping cost So here is the deal.. UN65HU9000, TS01 panel, WG delivery, shipping protection, (2) 6 ft HDMI2 cables = $3328. They just sent it AM express, it shipped within hours of the order. Can't wait to get it.
First post!

Hey alanmacdougall ,
I noticed you purchased the same tv I just ordered from East coast tv. They TV list on their site for 2750! They called me today trying to upsell me the Better panel display for 3300! Big difference, I told him no, as I researched and didn't see a difference in panel and not sure if it is just a ploy to upsell. Some say they won't deliver if the price is too low and the advertising price is to just get you to order. I did order express for 129, do you think they will deliver? Have you noticed a big difference in the panel display? Anyone else have any input I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for your help!

Paul MIller
alanmacdougall's Avatar alanmacdougall 12:08 PM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Miller View Post
First post!

Hey alanmacdougall ,
I noticed you purchased the same tv I just ordered from East coast tv. They TV list on their site for 2750! They called me today trying to upsell me the Better panel display for 3300! Big difference, I told him no, as I researched and didn't see a difference in panel and not sure if it is just a ploy to upsell. Some say they won't deliver if the price is too low and the advertising price is to just get you to order. I did order express for 129, do you think they will deliver? Have you noticed a big difference in the panel display? Anyone else have any input I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for your help!

Paul MIller
Welcome to the forum! Did they also say they wont honor the 2% discount with credit card purchase? Someone at AVS said there was not any confirmed difference between the TS01 and the TH01 panel. My arrived with the TS01 panel, I have no comparison info. There is no express delivery, it all delivered like ground freight. In my case the TV had to come out to Oregon and be passed from AM delivery in Kent WA to A1 Delivery Inc, then down to Portland, so additional shipping charges were justified in my mind. Keep us posted.
smurraybhm's Avatar smurraybhm 12:31 PM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmacdougall View Post
I wont repeat myself on the facts and findings I found since you already know. You should buy from a Samsung authorized dealer to set you mid at ease. Best of luck in any decision you make.
Agree. Buying from any grey market dealer requires a bit of willingness to gamble. Reward/Risk.
bmcn 01:08 PM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Agree. Buying from any grey market dealer requires a bit of willingness to gamble. Reward/Risk.
Rewards:
Significant cost savings on commodity purchase

Risks:
Outright fraud - covered by credit card company
Seller refuses return of item you no like - research before ordering
Shipment of incorrect item/Damage during shipping - refuse delivery
Denial of Warranty claim - read Samsung US warranty, post #526
Seller cancels order due to item not available or seller remorse - no harm/no foul, other than aggravation
Lower price from authorized dealer within 30 days of delivery - run possible price change scenarios before ordering
Sniping at buyers w/positive buying experience - consider the source
smurraybhm's Avatar smurraybhm 01:41 PM 09-24-2014
Wow - 32 posts and most of them protecting/promoting ECTV. I make a post which was simple/accurate. Just so others reading this thread can understand that you left out a few important things on your Risks:
1. See HDGuru article http://hdguru.com/how-to-get-the-bes...-investigates/
2. Unit powers on okay, freight company leaves, you start using said unit and realize there is a problem, but as I said delivery staff is gone - guess what - you're hosed or dealing with a possible warranty issue (if they honor warranty, if they (manufacturer doesn't claim damage during shipment, etc.) ALL SALES FINAL, NO RETURNS
3. Wasted time - see posts above regarding wait and no shipment
4. Numerous positive experiences posted by members who have just joined, but always claim to have been around for a while - consider the source

Just because a few members who've been active, contributing members with a much more extensive post history than you have warned potential buyers to consider the risks associated with any grey market seller, risks that are easily documented with a simple Google search, you have to make that last comment - nice. No one here wishes anything bad on anyone. If you are ready for the hassle and aware of the possible downside from buying any av equipment on the grey market and that doesn't bother you - then go for it. The savings are substantial, but so are the losses. One other point - never send anyone cash when buying something, not worth a 2% discount since that 2% usually ends up being a loss of 100%. Hard to believe that mistake is still being made.
bmcn 01:57 PM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Wow - 32 posts and most of them protecting/promoting ECTV. I make a post which was simple/accurate. Just so others reading this thread can understand that you left out a few important things on your Risks:
1. See HDGuru article http://hdguru.com/how-to-get-the-bes...-investigates/
2. Unit powers on okay, freight company leaves, you start using said unit and realize there is a problem, but as I said delivery staff is gone - guess what - you're hosed or dealing with a possible warranty issue (if they honor warranty, if they (manufacturer doesn't claim damage during shipment, etc.) ALL SALES FINAL, NO RETURNS
3. Wasted time - see posts above regarding wait and no shipment
4. Numerous positive experiences posted by members who have just joined, but always claim to have been around for a while - consider the source

Just because a few members who've been active, contributing members with a much more extensive post history than you have warned potential buyers to consider the risks associated with any grey market seller, risks that are easily documented with a simple Google search, you have to make that last comment - nice. No one here wishes anything bad on anyone. If you are ready for the hassle and aware of the possible downside from buying any av equipment on the grey market and that doesn't bother you - then go for it. The savings are substantial, but so are the losses. One other point - never send anyone cash when buying something, not worth a 2% discount since that 2% usually ends up being a loss of 100%. Hard to believe that mistake is still being made.
1. Once again, I read Guru article before ordering, author didn't order.
2. Once again, read post #526
3. I'm willing to invest some time for, once again, a significant reduction of cost of commodity.
4. Once again, yawn.

Is cheese included with that whine, or as an upsell?
smurraybhm's Avatar smurraybhm 02:17 PM 09-24-2014
It doesn't take much to earn an infraction or be banned, no badge with either. Being new you may not value AVS and the information shared on it as some of us who've been around for a while do. Hope I didn't make you yawn again.
I'm glad it worked for you. Risk didn't bother you, its worked out for you so far, as I said, good for you. It's not about just you and your experience though, we are all different in regards to risk/reward so its important both sides are presented for others like Eric who are considering the grey market.

Don't quote me and I'll go away now, I've said what I feel is important.
bmcn 02:30 PM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
ECTV
Postive review comments and the reason why a TV was ordered cracked me up. Thanks for the early morning laugh on a Monday.
Your reply to post #468, my first on AVS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
^
So does the free advertising, nice of you to join just to share details about the fantastic services, prices and great picture of your Samsung. By the way take it out of vivid
Your reply to post #485, my second on AVS.

Thanks for your welcome and worthwhile contributions!
alanmacdougall's Avatar alanmacdougall 05:02 PM 09-24-2014
bmcm, I believe your posts were truthful and your experience is helpful to others. Enjoy your set! I don't agree with cranky opinionated statements. Time for me to focus on improving my HU9000 adjustments.
Paul Miller 06:18 PM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmacdougall View Post
Welcome to the forum! Did they also say they wont honor the 2% discount with credit card purchase? Someone at AVS said there was not any confirmed difference between the TS01 and the TH01 panel. My arrived with the TS01 panel, I have no comparison info. There is no express delivery, it all delivered like ground freight. In my case the TV had to come out to Oregon and be passed from AM delivery in Kent WA to A1 Delivery Inc, then down to Portland, so additional shipping charges were justified in my mind. Keep us posted.
Thank you. Been browsing for years, but never had any input or questions.

Yes, they said the 2% is for Cash, Traveler check, or money orders only. I was not about to pay like that so I am ok with it. Mike is the Sales Rep I talked to, he was trying really hard to upsell the different panel. Although he never tried to sell me any WG package or shipping, I had to ask because he said it would take 3 weeks. He told me I would receive the tv in 5-7 Business days if I did the express. We will see, as I have not received a charge on my CC yet, nor does it show the TV has been shipped. I guess they are closed tomorrow for the Jewish holiday :/ Fingers crossed
Red99's Avatar Red99 06:20 PM 09-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Hello all. I just signed on this site tonight after reading all about East Coast TV. I have been on here before, but reading up on speakers and amps. But haven't registered until tonight. So howdy.

I want to thank all the people that has put there time to write reviews about East Coast TV for people like me to become more knowledgeable of what is involved with dealing with this business. The pros and the cons, which seems to be low price, but not as low as it seems after the upselling.

I have been reading these reviews all night trying to decide if I want to make the plunge at ECTV. The savings is tempting. I hate up selling crap. So I just wrote a e-mail to them and just told them to send me a quote without the up sell of what makes them happy. I don't need a wall mount, HDMI, insurance or there warranty. Just add on what makes them a fair profit and makes them happy and give a final price. If I dont like it, then I will order from Crutchfield and pay more but that has a excellent return policy and is a authorized dealer.

It all comes down to the final price. I know it will be more than what they advertise, and I am fine with that as long as I am still getting a great deal. I just dont want to spend a half an hour on the phone and getting frustrated. I don't know what they just don't add another $200 or so on to there price and drop the up selling! They could probably get buy with less staff and save some money from having a full time telemarketer employed.
I finally got a e-mail reply back today from someone named Steve at East Coast TV and he asked to call him! No quote as I requested on a bottom dollar amount. I had a feeling they wouldn't.
Did these people use to sell cars?
murraj2's Avatar murraj2 11:01 AM 09-25-2014
I tried calling in and was going to ask to speak to Jay (the Customer Service Manager who responded to a lot of the Yelp reviews) about the status of my order being cancelled and was going to try and see to determine if I just to play a few games or pay a bit more to get the TV. Automated voice mail that they're closed for the jewish holiday until the 28th, which is fair enough.

I'm going to assume I'm not going to be doing any business with them and will start shopping around to see if I can get someone like Best Buy to drop their price a bit or wait until October 5th to see if the price drop rumors have any truth to them.
azcatsfan15's Avatar azcatsfan15 11:17 AM 09-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraj2 View Post
I tried calling in and was going to ask to speak to Jay (the Customer Service Manager who responded to a lot of the Yelp reviews) about the status of my order being cancelled and was going to try and see to determine if I just to play a few games or pay a bit more to get the TV. Automated voice mail that they're closed for the jewish holiday until the 28th, which is fair enough.

I'm going to assume I'm not going to be doing any business with them and will start shopping around to see if I can get someone like Best Buy to drop their price a bit or wait until October 5th to see if the price drop rumors have any truth to them.
You only have to wait one more week… might be worth it?

Keep us posted as to what you decided?
Paul Miller 10:47 AM 09-30-2014
Update...

I noticed today there was still not change in order status, nor was my CC charged. I purchased this Sept 22. I called and spoke with Mike, He told me they were out of the UN65HU9000 TV and expect to get it in a couple of weeks. He then proceeded to tell me the Samsung panel model is in and it cost 3500! I read some review that said if they do not upgrade in price they will not sell it. So I told him straight up! What is the amount you guys will ship because the BestBuy price for this model is 4500 he said 3299.00 will get me the samsung panel and he would throw in the white glove shipping. It would be at my home in 10 business days. So I agreed and sure enough the CC charge came through. I knew the 2750 for that model was too good, but I still think 3300 is a great price. I will update more later.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 01:52 PM 09-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Miller View Post
Update...

I noticed today there was still not change in order status, nor was my CC charged. I purchased this Sept 22. I called and spoke with Mike, He told me they were out of the UN65HU9000 TV and expect to get it in a couple of weeks. He then proceeded to tell me the Samsung panel model is in and it cost 3500! I read some review that said if they do not upgrade in price they will not sell it. So I told him straight up! What is the amount you guys will ship because the BestBuy price for this model is 4500 he said 3299.00 will get me the samsung panel and he would throw in the white glove shipping. It would be at my home in 10 business days. So I agreed and sure enough the CC charge came through. I knew the 2750 for that model was too good, but I still think 3300 is a great price. I will update more later.
What a surprise. Another new member posting about ECTV.
Sparty1020's Avatar Sparty1020 02:23 PM 09-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
What a surprise. Another new member posting about ECTV.

Dude. Let it go. Move on. It's not for you. That is not what I would call a "pro ECTV" post and as someone who went through the process it sounds pretty legit to me.

My only advice to that poster would be if you run into any issues where you're not happy post a negative yelp review. The manager will call and make it right, probably give you money back to change your opinion.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 02:42 PM 09-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty1020 View Post
Dude. Let it go. Move on. It's not for you. That is not what I would call a "pro ECTV" post and as someone who went through the process it sounds pretty legit to me.

My only advice to that poster would be if you run into any issues where you're not happy post a negative yelp review. The manager will call and make it right, probably give you money back to change your opinion.
Where does it say anywhere only pro ECTV posts can be written here? This thread is also to protect people from bad purchases. It is just strange all the people posting in here about purchasing from them are always new members. Do you guys just sign up to let us know you placed an order?
Sparty1020's Avatar Sparty1020 02:54 PM 09-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
Where does it say anywhere only pro ECTV posts can be written here? This thread is also to protect people from bad purchases. It is just strange all the people posting in here about purchasing from them are always new members. Do you guys just sign up to let us know you placed an order?

It absolutely isn't only pro ECTV posts, actually hope for the opposite. However, you've not been willing to listen to anyone willing to help instead trying to find a way to discount each and every post.

Also, look at my posts. I've been around quite some time and many tvs other than the one recently purchased.
bmcn 02:57 PM 09-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
What a surprise. Another new member posting about ECTV.
the warranty!...the WARRANTY!!...THE WARRANTY!!!, lol

Are you still thinking about considering to contemplate buying an F8500?
Paul Miller 11:06 AM 10-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
What a surprise. Another new member posting about ECTV.
Yes, I am posting because I want people to share my exp.. I don't buy a new TV every week, so this is a big deal to me. Since I have read other experience on this site, thought it would only be fair to give mine. I have not received the tv yet and I feel if I did not pay more than the asking price on their website, my order would still be in limbo. The First and Second sales person obviously lied to me, so I am not on here telling everyone what a great company they are. If I get the TV I ordered for the price I paid, then I am happy.
CorvetteCoop 12:00 PM 10-01-2014
I ordered a TV from ECTV 9/1/2014 and as of 9/29/2014 the order has been cancelled and I have since purchased the TV from Paul’s TV. The issue was that it was assumed by the sales rep that since I live in MD the trucking company would deliver to me. Turns out that wasn’t the case. After many calls back and forth in the end I had to cut my losses (which were really just my time without the new TV) and move on.

After I placed my order I was told 2-3 weeks at the latest before delivery. Two weeks passed and I called to figure out when it was going to get there. I was told to call back in an hour so he could look into it. Call back and I was told it was sitting in the shipper’s warehouse in Baltimore as it was undeliverable to my home. He said he would try to get them to go down there. Day or two later I call for an update and I was told they are going to deliver it the next week. I had to push that out since I was going to be on vacation during that time. Decide to slide the deliver to when I return from vacation (this week). I call this Monday to make sure everything is still on track to be delivered later this week. I was then told that it wasn’t going to happen. Turns out that the shipping company wanted to charge ECTV a large sum to have it delivered down to where I’m at. A sum they were not willing to pay. They tried a 2nd company with no luck.

This really wouldn’t be too big of a deal if the communication was better. I should have gotten a call when the found out it was sitting in a warehouse in Baltimore. I should have gotten a call when they found out it was going to be too expensive to have it brought down to my house. I should have gotten a call the couple times when he said “give me 30 min to look into that and I’ll call you back.” Looking at my call log I spent over 75 minutes on the phone with these clowns over the last month. That’s including hold time, which is probably the majority of it.

For the hassle they are sending me their nicer wall mount. Not sure how good it will be but we’ll see….If it even shows up.
I was pretty disappointed with the number of times I had to call, the misleading information, lack of return calls when things were not working out, phone etiquette at ECTV, and the amount of time I spent on hold.

Would I ever do business with them again? Hell no. Not worth it. Picked up the same TV for $135 more from Paul’s (with a coupon code) which includes white glove shipping and it shipped first thing Tuesday morning after ordering Monday night.
bmcn 02:53 PM 10-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteCoop View Post
I ordered a TV from ECTV 9/1/2014 and as of 9/29/2014 the order has been cancelled and I have since purchased the TV from Paul’s TV. The issue was that it was assumed by the sales rep that since I live in MD the trucking company would deliver to me. Turns out that wasn’t the case. After many calls back and forth in the end I had to cut my losses (which were really just my time without the new TV) and move on.

After I placed my order I was told 2-3 weeks at the latest before delivery. Two weeks passed and I called to figure out when it was going to get there. I was told to call back in an hour so he could look into it. Call back and I was told it was sitting in the shipper’s warehouse in Baltimore as it was undeliverable to my home. He said he would try to get them to go down there. Day or two later I call for an update and I was told they are going to deliver it the next week. I had to push that out since I was going to be on vacation during that time. Decide to slide the deliver to when I return from vacation (this week). I call this Monday to make sure everything is still on track to be delivered later this week. I was then told that it wasn’t going to happen. Turns out that the shipping company wanted to charge ECTV a large sum to have it delivered down to where I’m at. A sum they were not willing to pay. They tried a 2nd company with no luck.

This really wouldn’t be too big of a deal if the communication was better. I should have gotten a call when the found out it was sitting in a warehouse in Baltimore. I should have gotten a call when they found out it was going to be too expensive to have it brought down to my house. I should have gotten a call the couple times when he said “give me 30 min to look into that and I’ll call you back.” Looking at my call log I spent over 75 minutes on the phone with these clowns over the last month. That’s including hold time, which is probably the majority of it.

For the hassle they are sending me their nicer wall mount. Not sure how good it will be but we’ll see….If it even shows up.
I was pretty disappointed with the number of times I had to call, the misleading information, lack of return calls when things were not working out, phone etiquette at ECTV, and the amount of time I spent on hold.

Would I ever do business with them again? Hell no. Not worth it. Picked up the same TV for $135 more from Paul’s (with a coupon code) which includes white glove shipping and it shipped first thing Tuesday morning after ordering Monday night.
Did AM Trucking not update your bol history on their website while the item sat in Baltimore?
Keats's Avatar Keats 09:55 AM 10-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfraso View Post
The pricing is ridiculous on some of these internet resellers, no one comes close and claim it's because these places are shady, work you over and won't ship your TV if you don't buy the extras they upsell.<br><br>
In this experiment I'm going to document the process of ordering a Samsung PN64F8500.<br><br>
Best Buy wouldn't touch East Coast or Abe's. "We don't pricematch them. We have a list." They didn't seem interested in my business. So $3399.98. On sale! After tax I'm looking at ~$3600 delivered.<br><br>
Amazon won't pricematch anyone not on their list, and they all happen to have the same price. So $3,397.99 delivered.<br><br>
East Coast's price this weekend is $2615. I figure after the "insurance" fine print they throw at you or upgraded express white glove I'm looking to end up around $2700 delivered. These were the only concessions I would agree to, nothing else- to see if it is indeed possible to just buy the TV itself for this price.<br><br>
I submitted the order at 10:23am on 6/14 and my phone rang the same minute.<br><br>
As expected delivery upgrade is pushed, I decline and get him to drop it to $99 (with free "$65" HDMI cable woo...<img alt="tongue.gif" class="bbcode_smiley" src="http://files.avsforum.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif">). Ask for a total, It's now at $2738 delivered. I ask where the other $39 came from and he said 1% insurance has to be added on top. I should have pushed back here but didn't since I was expecting it (apologies, my fault). Doing the math it's actually 1.5% added. When I get an email confirmation showing the number and any breakdown I'll call and see what they say about it. <img alt="rolleyes.gif" class="bbcode_smiley" src="http://files.avsforum.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif"><br><br>
Wall mount offered. Nope, already have a stand- I'm good. Surprisingly he didn't push back at all and moved right along.<br><br>
He offered extended warranty, $199 for 3 years. I declined. "Hey look, I'm a manager so I can offer you the 3-year warranty for $149". Decline. "$139..." Decline. He gave up reluctantly. Now, he did claim it was a Mack warranty when I asked, and for that price I may have done OK going with that. But it doesn't say much of anything on the website, and I'm not going to buy a warranty with a word of mouth claim. Besides, for the sake of the experiment, I must decline and see what happens.<br><br>
And that was it, he gave me the total again, have a nice day yadda yadda, the end. Hard upsells yes, but quick and painless. Here is a screenshot of the call log. 4 minutes.<br><br><a class="H-lightbox-open" href="http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/224954/"><img alt="" class="lightbox-enabled" data-id="224954" data-type="61" src="http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/224954/width/175/height/350/flags/LL" style="; width: 175px; height: 311px"></a><br><br>
But, as you know, that's the easy part. Let's see what happens from here. The claim was 2-3 days to ship, delivery takes a week. I'll keep you posted. <img alt="cool.gif" class="bbcode_smiley" src="http://files.avsforum.com/images/smilies/cool.gif"><br><br>
Edit: Adding screenshot of order status:<br><br><a class="H-lightbox-open" href="http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/224968/"><img alt="" class="lightbox-enabled" data-id="224968" data-type="61" src="http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/224968/width/350/height/700/flags/LL" style="; width: 350px; height: 203px"></a>
This is a great review that I followed closely to get price advertised plus a little extra of $70!! Still saved $400 over next low internet price.

After negotiating strongly with Jonathan (sales mgr) on the white glove price, insurance price and prompt delivery for a good review all worked out fine. The white glove service just meant inside delivery and electrical power on (no cable connection and no stand installation).
DJPrelude's Avatar DJPrelude 10:21 AM 10-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraj2 View Post
I tried calling in and was going to ask to speak to Jay (the Customer Service Manager who responded to a lot of the Yelp reviews) about the status of my order being cancelled and was going to try and see to determine if I just to play a few games or pay a bit more to get the TV. Automated voice mail that they're closed for the jewish holiday until the 28th, which is fair enough.

I'm going to assume I'm not going to be doing any business with them and will start shopping around to see if I can get someone like Best Buy to drop their price a bit or wait until October 5th to see if the price drop rumors have any truth to them.
Ok, I give up. I did some searching and I can't find anything on an October 5th price drop. Can you tell me where you heard that?

It would be great if it's true because I am about to pull the trigger on a new 65"!
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last

Up