The East Coast TV's Experiment - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

post #601 of 617 Old 11-24-2014, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Update on my order. I'm now at about 600 above my original quoted price. (removed 2% "paycheck" coupon due to using credit card, tack on 4% credit card fee, and agreed to ~$239 fee to expedite shipping). Still tried to push me to upgrade to the "TS01 panel" for $700 additional on top of all that but then I would just buy it locally for that price so I refused. Says will ship tomorrow and my credit card will be charged at the time of shipment. Will keep updating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 617 Old 11-26-2014, 12:00 PM

It's over. After a week and a half of constant empty promises that it'll be shipped out, I got tired of calling and finding out why it didn't. Cancelled the order. Hope this helps someone else.
Gmash and eric3316 like this.
post #603 of 617 Old 11-26-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorz View Post
It's over. After a week and a half of constant empty promises that it'll be shipped out, I got tired of calling and finding out why it didn't. Cancelled the order. Hope this helps someone else.
Thanks for the play by play...
post #604 of 617 Old 11-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 99
No way I would have even put up with that much abuse...
post #605 of 617 Old 12-01-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
After the debacle, I had posted a review on Yelp and Resellerratings, as a prior member had suggested. MINUTES after the review had posted, I got a call from Tony. Tony honored the original price that was advertised and said he'd have the product shipped asap. That was on Wed last week and I received a fedex tracking # this morning that it was just picked up. I figure due to the holidays that was understandable but now I'm excited to get it. Apparently there is hope for this company and they do care about their reviews (again, as a member had previously posted) but it's just too bad they have to wait until it gets to the point of negative feedback for them to actually provide the product they suggested.

Crossing my fingers and will keep the thread updated.
post #606 of 617 Old 12-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
After the debacle, I had posted a review on Yelp and Resellerratings, as a prior member had suggested. MINUTES after the review had posted, I got a call from Tony. Tony honored the original price that was advertised and said he'd have the product shipped asap. That was on Wed last week and I received a fedex tracking # this morning that it was just picked up. I figure due to the holidays that was understandable but now I'm excited to get it. Apparently there is hope for this company and they do care about their reviews (again, as a member had previously posted) but it's just too bad they have to wait until it gets to the point of negative feedback for them to actually provide the product they suggested.

Crossing my fingers and will keep the thread updated.
Awesome! Glad that worked out for you as well!

btw- I wasn't ignoring your PM from some time back, I just can't send messages without more posts.
post #607 of 617 Old 12-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginFriar View Post
Awesome! Glad that worked out for you as well!
Indeed! Thanks SwingingFriar for the grand advice, I probably would've missed out on a great deal without your advice.

In regards to delivery, it's supposed to be delivered by Fedex all the way to my front door? or does Fedex give it to some other company when it's in the area? Any suggestions you can provide on how to check the serial number and such in a pinch, would be appreciated because I know delivery guys are always in a hurry especially Fedex I don't know if they'll sit around and wait while I do so.
post #608 of 617 Old 12-01-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Indeed! Thanks SwingingFriar for the grand advice, I probably would've missed out on a great deal without your advice.

In regards to delivery, it's supposed to be delivered by Fedex all the way to my front door? or does Fedex give it to some other company when it's in the area? Any suggestions you can provide on how to check the serial number and such in a pinch, would be appreciated because I know delivery guys are always in a hurry especially Fedex I don't know if they'll sit around and wait while I do so.
For me, the fedex tracking number was only for the free wall mount they send with every TV. I even told Tony not to send it to me if it would save him some money, but it got sent anyways. The TV will almost certainly come from AM Home Delivery. I didn't get that tracking number till several days later. Either way, it's looking good if they sent you the wall mount already. As for the serial, AM Home will open the TV and power it on, so I compared the number on the box with the number on the TV just to be sure. Just make sure there are no defects or damage, because once they're gone, ectv will not take it back.
post #609 of 617 Old 12-01-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginFriar View Post
For me, the fedex tracking number was only for the free wall mount they send with every TV. I even told Tony not to send it to me if it would save him some money, but it got sent anyways. The TV will almost certainly come from AM Home Delivery. I didn't get that tracking number till several days later. Either way, it's looking good if they sent you the wall mount already. As for the serial, AM Home will open the TV and power it on, so I compared the number on the box with the number on the TV just to be sure. Just make sure there are no defects or damage, because once they're gone, ectv will not take it back.
Ah, that's very good to know. Where is the serial located on the TV (we got the same one UN75HU8550)? Does AM Home delivery bring it in and unbox and power it on, even if I didn't pay for the white glove delivery?
post #610 of 617 Old 12-01-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Ah, that's very good to know. Where is the serial located on the TV (we got the same one UN75HU8550)? Does AM Home delivery bring it in and unbox and power it on, even if I didn't pay for the white glove delivery?
It's on the back of the TV with the rest of the labels and model info, you can't miss it. Yes, I'm pretty confident the whole white glove delivery thing is another upsell tactic by ectv. I think they bring them in and test for every delivery. They don't setup the TV, they just remove the top of the box and plug in the TV so that you can check for damage.
post #611 of 617 Old 12-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 163
This thread is for Plasma Deals for ECTV. Please take LCD/LED to the LCD forum.

East Coast TV LCD/LED Buying Experience Thread

Thanks,

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #612 of 617 Old 12-02-2014, 08:10 AM

Liked: 11
does anyone know if Frys will price match ectv?
post #613 of 617 Old 12-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Extremely doubtful. Most anybody only price matches authorized dealers (Amazon, BB, etc.). You might get lucky and get a manager that will, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #614 of 617 Old 12-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've joined the experiment!!! I just ordered today (12/1/14) at around 10:45 am. I believe they tried to call me but I didn't recognize the number and didn't answer. They left no message though. Hope this doesn't slow things down.
post #615 of 617 Old 12-02-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack10525 View Post
I've joined the experiment!!! I just ordered today (12/1/14) at around 10:45 am. I believe they tried to call me but I didn't recognize the number and didn't answer. They left no message though. Hope this doesn't slow things down.
Well you better call them back to be on the safe side.

Who did you order from ?

Polk 7.1
Samsung PN60F8500
73" 73738 Mits DLP
Onkyo TX-NR3008
Panasonic AE4000 Projector
post #616 of 617 Old 12-03-2014, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rain View Post
Well you better call them back to be on the safe side.

Who did you order from ?
ectv
post #617 of 617 Old Today, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
This thread is for Plasma Deals for ECTV. Please take LCD/LED to the LCD forum.

East Coast TV LCD/LED Buying Experience Thread

Thanks,
is there any forum related to buying audio receiver?

Live till die
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!