The East Coast TV's Experiment - Page 22 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42Likes
Thread Tools
post #631 of 735 Old 02-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acee2222 View Post
This is consistent with what ive heard. Im almost better off paying there ridiculous upcharges since it still comes out lower than it would at a big box store. Thanks for the input.
In late August 2014 I purchased a large plasma from ECTV and documented my experience in several posts in this thread. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change anything.

As with any Internet based retailer, my advise is to be equally wary of the resident tc's, particularly those who posit long winded dissertations without any direct experience.

Last edited by bmcn; 02-19-2015 at 02:09 PM.
bmcn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 08:20 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,700
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acee2222 View Post
Any more experiences? Stinks that there are such mixed reviews out there. I want to buy from ECTV, but im still hesitant. The model im looking at states AU version..do they really sell international versions or different models of the same TV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2e222 View Post
Any more experiences? Stinks that there are such mixed reviews out there. I want to buy from ECTV, but im still hesitant. The model im looking at states AU version..do they really sell international versions or different models of the same TV?
TVs are manufactured to be country-specific and are only sold in the country that they were made for. It's extremely unlikely that any USA based retailer can sell a TV that is manufactured for use in another country, especially if that country has a different voltage system than the USA does. I don't even know how they would get a foreign/overseas model since none of the US distributors or wholesalers have access to non-USA models, especially ones originally shipped to a completely different continent. The manufacturers' distribution network only ships USA models to it's USA warehouses and distribution centers. ECTV does not stock any TVs as they have no warehouse or physical store. They drop-ship everything from authorized and non-authorized distribution warehouses via trucking companies.

TVs in Australia are way more expensive than they are in the USA, and shipping a TV 9,000 miles from Australia to the USA would be extremely expensive so how can ECTV sell an Australian model cheaper than a USA model?

And exactly who is warrantying the TV? The manufacture will not warranty a TV outside of it's country of origin so if something goes wrong with it, how would you get it fixed here in the USA?

I am virtually positive that ECTV is not really selling an Australian model of any TV, and if you try to order it they'll try to upsell you on the USA version for more money for whatever reason. And if you insist on getting the Australian version at their advertised price, i bet they will suddenly be "out of stock" on that item and you'll never get the TV.

Here's another reason why i don't think it's really an Australian model - Australian TVs are 240 volt @ 50hz so they will not operate on the USA's 120V/60hz electrical system, so there's no way that an Australian TV will work in the USA.

It's all about the bait-and-switch. Some people don't mind the risk and frustration and dirty feeling of dealing with scuzzy disreputable bottom-feeder TV retailers if they can save some money in the end. And buying from scuzzballs like this is part of the reason why reputable established retailers are losing money or going out of business.
_____________________________

Randy
Sony 55W800B, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TiVo Series3 & Premiere, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...

Last edited by RandyWalters; 02-20-2015 at 08:31 AM. Reason: fixed typo
RandyWalters is offline  
post #633 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Member
 
ourback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
TVs are manufactured to be country-specific and are only sold in the country that they were made for.
I believe with these shadier non-auth retailers "AU" is meant to imply an AUOptronics panel in the set. (I'm not sure if this applied at all to plasma sets)

PS The line I was fed was that it was a *Canadian* model with AU panel but full US warranty. Regardless, I am also pretty sure they don't actually sell them.

Edit: Here is the LCD thread, where AU panel discussion probably belongs.

Last edited by ourback; 02-20-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: LCD Thread link
ourback is offline  
post #634 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
TVs are manufactured to be country-specific and are only sold in the country that they were made for. It's extremely unlikely that any USA based retailer can sell a TV that is manufactured for use in another country, especially if that country has a different voltage system than the USA does. I don't even know how they would get a foreign/overseas model since none of the US distributors or wholesalers have access to non-USA models, especially ones originally shipped to a completely different continent. The manufacturers' distribution network only ships USA models to it's USA warehouses and distribution centers. ECTV does not stock any TVs as they have no warehouse or physical store. They drop-ship everything from authorized and non-authorized distribution warehouses via trucking companies.

TVs in Australia are way more expensive than they are in the USA, and shipping a TV 9,000 miles from Australia to the USA would be extremely expensive so how can ECTV sell an Australian model cheaper than a USA model?

And exactly who is warrantying the TV? The manufacture will not warranty a TV outside of it's country of origin so if something goes wrong with it, how would you get it fixed here in the USA?

I am virtually positive that ECTV is not really selling an Australian model of any TV, and if you try to order it they'll try to upsell you on the USA version for more money for whatever reason. And if you insist on getting the Australian version at their advertised price, i bet they will suddenly be "out of stock" on that item and you'll never get the TV.

Here's another reason why i don't think it's really an Australian model - Australian TVs are 240 volt @ 50hz so they will not operate on the USA's 120V/60hz electrical system, so there's no way that an Australian TV will work in the USA.

It's all about the bait-and-switch. Some people don't mind the risk and frustration and dirty feeling of dealing with scuzzy disreputable bottom-feeder TV retailers if they can save some money in the end. And buying from scuzzballs like this is part of the reason why reputable established retailers are losing money or going out of business.
_____________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourback View Post
I believe with these shadier non-auth retailers "AU" is meant to imply an AUOptronics panel in the set. (I'm not sure if this applied at all to plasma sets)

Thanks for confirming my observations about long winded diatribes by tc's without any direct experience, or relevant facts.
bmcn is offline  
post #635 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Member
 
Acee2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My rebuttal to their AU version was based on Samsungparts.com, and other various sources indicating the model I was looking at didn't have any other panel version besides Samsung, since it was a higher end Samsung. I do believe it is just part of the chance to upsell you, and partially bait and switch.


I actually know two different buyers, relatives, one who ordered the AU version as is and got a authentic Samsung panel, and the other tried to go through the same way and they told him it was out of stock when he refused the upgrade. Seems like these retailers have a bottom line and if they don't get there they need to cancel the order.
Acee2222 is offline  
post #636 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acee2222 View Post
My rebuttal to their AU version was based on Samsungparts.com, and other various sources indicating the model I was looking at didn't have any other panel version besides Samsung, since it was a higher end Samsung. I do believe it is just part of the chance to upsell you, and partially bait and switch.


I actually know two different buyers, relatives, one who ordered the AU version as is and got a authentic Samsung panel, and the other tried to go through the same way and they told him it was out of stock when he refused the upgrade. Seems like these retailers have a bottom line and if they don't get there they need to cancel the order.

Don't let the resident tc's deter you if you wish to proceed with the 'process'.
bmcn is offline  
post #637 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
Don't let the resident tc's deter you if you wish to proceed with the 'process'.
Out of curiosity what is this "TC" you're referring to?
HLdan is offline  
post #638 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
thestoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 308
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Man, they have a great price on the LG9300 OLED. I won't buy from them though...just too careful, for better or for worse. Amazon dropped their price by $500 as well.

-
My Theater Build

Equipment List: Denon X5200, Epson 6030, 120" Carada cinemascope screen, Panamorph U480, Oppo-103, Emotiva XPA-5, SVS PB12-NSD, LSA Statement LCR & surround speakers, Def Tech ProCinema 1000 rears & front wides, DefTech DI5.5R Atmos overheads, Grafik Eye 3106
thestoneman is offline  
post #639 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Out of curiosity what is this "TC" you're referring to?
It's a lower case abbreviation and common internet shorthand.

Another example:

Member 1) posts a message on an art website for members to discuss their favorite works of Van Gogh.

(Member 2) Replies that they are fond of "Starry Night" and gives the reasons that they enjoy this painting.

(Member 3) says they are partial to "Wheat Field with Crows" and discusses the merits of the painting.

(Member 4) says they hate Van Gogh because they think he's stupid. <---tc

Last edited by bmcn; 02-20-2015 at 11:49 AM.
bmcn is offline  
post #640 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
It's a lower case abbreviation and common internet shorthand.
Well I recognize you're unable to say what the "c" means in "tc". I was unable to find that under any form of internet slang that made sense. Oh well, since this thread is about the ECTV experiment I will say while I didn't buy my Sammy Plasma through this store, I did buy it from what is considered around here an "unauthorized" reseller. No problems whatsoever and I have a full manufacturer's warranty in tact.

Yes, you have to go along with their game about which panel is better blah blah blah but I already was prepared for that and told them, "Just give me the bottom price including delivery". It was far lower than anything Best Buy could offer me and they gave me 7 days to check out the TV and if any issues in terms of defects from shipping they would exchange it.
Some people here will turn their nose up at these resellers but they aren't paying for my TV, I am.
HLdan is offline  
post #641 of 735 Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Well I recognize you're unable to say what the "c" means in "tc". I was unable to find that under any form of internet slang that made sense. Oh well, since this thread is about the ECTV experiment I will say while I didn't buy my Sammy Plasma through this store, I did buy it from what is considered around here an "unauthorized" reseller. No problems whatsoever and I have a full manufacturer's warranty in tact.

Yes, you have to go along with their game about which panel is better blah blah blah but I already was prepared for that and told them, "Just give me the bottom price including delivery". It was far lower than anything Best Buy could offer me and they gave me 7 days to check out the TV and if any issues in terms of defects from shipping they would exchange it.
Some people here will turn their nose up at these resellers but they aren't paying for my TV, I am.

It is a game and I saved ~40% off the then prevailing price, with no explicitly defined return privilege.

Me thinks many on this thread who "c" pretend to represent the buyer's interest but have a financial stake directly opposed to the buyer's interest.

Last edited by bmcn; 02-20-2015 at 12:22 PM.
bmcn is offline  
post #642 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 12:22 AM
Member
 
Hamlet00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A couple of people here claimed that after posting a negative review on YELP, that ECTV called them up and ended up selling them the TV for the original advertised low price in exchange for removing the review. The thinking behind this surprise was that ECTV cares so much about online reviews that they will cave in when they have to in order to get rid of them.

This makes no sense to me for these reasons:

If you go to YELP, you will find tons of very negative reviews under ECTV. Getting rid of a few here and there just would not make any difference, so I don't see them selling TVs at those prices (most likely losing money on them) just to get rid of one or two bad reviews. Also, there is not just YELP. There are plenty of sites, even Youtube, where people post about negative experiences with ECTV. I am not calling anyone dishonest, but something just doesn't add up here.
Hamlet00 is offline  
post #643 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Member
 
Sparty1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet00 View Post
A couple of people here claimed that after posting a negative review on YELP, that ECTV called them up and ended up selling them the TV for the original advertised low price in exchange for removing the review. The thinking behind this surprise was that ECTV cares so much about online reviews that they will cave in when they have to in order to get rid of them.

This makes no sense to me for these reasons:

If you go to YELP, you will find tons of very negative reviews under ECTV. Getting rid of a few here and there just would not make any difference, so I don't see them selling TVs at those prices (most likely losing money on them) just to get rid of one or two bad reviews. Also, there is not just YELP. There are plenty of sites, even Youtube, where people post about negative experiences with ECTV. I am not calling anyone dishonest, but something just doesn't add up here.

I can only share my experience. When I wrote a negative yelp review it was after my purchase had already went through but it had been 5-7 days and I wasn't getting the communication I had hoped for as when the tv was shipping or where I was in the process.

After I wrote my review, the manager called me and updated me where it was and took $100 off my bill. Nice gesture considering I was probably being a little impatient. Like I said, I'd recommend them but just know it won't be as simple as going to set buy or dealing with Amazon.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sparty1020 is offline  
post #644 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet00 View Post
A couple of people here claimed that after posting a negative review on YELP, that ECTV called them up and ended up selling them the TV for the original advertised low price in exchange for removing the review. The thinking behind this surprise was that ECTV cares so much about online reviews that they will cave in when they have to in order to get rid of them.

This makes no sense to me for these reasons:

If you go to YELP, you will find tons of very negative reviews under ECTV. Getting rid of a few here and there just would not make any difference, so I don't see them selling TVs at those prices (most likely losing money on them) just to get rid of one or two bad reviews. Also, there is not just YELP. There are plenty of sites, even Youtube, where people post about negative experiences with ECTV. I am not calling anyone dishonest, but something just doesn't add up here.
I've never purchased from ECTV's but I did purchase my Plasma a few years back from another "unauthorized" reseller. Wasn't pleased with the service or the way they did business. I posted a negative review about them on reseller ratings. I did this after the sale.

It wasn't the sales process but the annoyance of trying to up-sell me after I purchased the TV online. The next morning I received an email saying they will give me a coupon for my troubles if I remove the negative review. I refused and told them to send me my TV or I will contact BBB.
HLdan is offline  
post #645 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
I've never purchased from ECTV's but I did purchase my Plasma a few years back from another "unauthorized" reseller. Wasn't pleased with the service or the way they did business. I posted a negative review about them on reseller ratings. I did this after the sale.

It wasn't the sales process but the annoyance of trying to up-sell me after I purchased the TV online. The next morning I received an email saying they will give me a coupon for my troubles if I remove the negative review. I refused and told them to send me my TV or I will contact BBB.

No need to post my ECTV experience on Yelp or reseller.com to obtain the item at 40% discount from the then prevailing sales price. As you pointed out it's a game parrying the upsell, but this thread contains all the relevant info on how to obtain the item at a significant discount.

The vicarious negativity (tc) of some posters on this thread is very transparent and amusing.

Last edited by bmcn; 02-21-2015 at 09:17 AM.
bmcn is offline  
post #646 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
No need to post my ECTV experience on Yelp or reseller.com to obtain the item at 40% discount from the then prevailing sales price. As you pointed out it's a game parrying the upsell, but this thread contains all the relevant info on how to obtain the item at a significant discount.

The vicarious negativity (tc) of some posters on this thread is very transparent and amusing.
Exactly! Now that was my first experience with my first Plasma. My latest Plasma I bought during summer of 2014 was a completely different experience. I bought from Nice Electronics which is also considered around here "unauthorized" but there was no bait and switch upselling, they were very friendly, didn't push a warranty down my throat and gave me a deal that I couldn't refuse. MUCH MUCH better price than I could ever get at Best Buy.

My Samsung Plasma was delivered without issue. The manager even called me a week later just to invite me to contact him if I never needed any tech support. I was floored. I contacted Samsung and registered the TV with them and they verified that my warranty was valid. I've bought things from Best Buy Magnolia and was never followed up by the salesman.

I can understand some people's concerns about 3rd party resellers but they shouldn't trash them if they have no experience dealing with them.
HLdan is offline  
post #647 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
shadowspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Out of Area
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
I did buy it from what is considered around here an "unauthorized" reseller. No problems whatsoever and I have a full manufacturer's warranty in tact.

Just curious how you know that the warranty will be honored. Did you have service done under warranty?


I'm genuinely curious, because the warranty status of these sets bought from unauthorized retailers has been "controversial" at best in these forums.


There are worrisome words in the Samsung warranty, and when I bought a Square Trade extended warranty from Costo, the "authorized" words were there, I had to check off where I bought it when I applied for the warranty online, and they made me e-mail a scan of the purchase receipt.
shadowspawn is online now  
post #648 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post
Just curious how you know that the warranty will be honored. Did you have service done under warranty?


I'm genuinely curious, because the warranty status of these sets bought from unauthorized retailers has been "controversial" at best in these forums.


There are worrisome words in the Samsung warranty, and when I bought a Square Trade extended warranty from Costo, the "authorized" words were there, I had to check off where I bought it when I applied for the warranty online, and they made me e-mail a scan of the purchase receipt.
Well my first Panny Plasma I bought in 2012 was purchased from Abe's of Maine. I registered the TV with Panasonic and 6 months later I needed to get service. Panasonic sent out a tech, recognized the panel was bad, took the TV back with them, furnished me a loaner at no charge and brought back my Plasma with a new panel. Abe's of Maine is considered "unauthorized".

My latest Samsung Plasma had me slightly concerned as I was not too familiar with the reseller I purchased it from. They assured me the warranty would be valid or they would take the TV back. They gave me a 7 day refund policy. After the TV was delivered I contacted Samsung, provided them with the serial number and they registered the TV and gave me an extra month warranty for registering with them. I also verified on the Samsung website and it shows my warranty is valid for service along with the extra free month they gave me.
HLdan is offline  
post #649 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post
Just curious how you know that the warranty will be honored. Did you have service done under warranty?


I'm genuinely curious, because the warranty status of these sets bought from unauthorized retailers has been "controversial" at best in these forums.

There are worrisome words in the Samsung warranty, and when I bought a Square Trade extended warranty from Costo, the "authorized" words were there, I had to check off where I bought it when I applied for the warranty online, and they made me e-mail a scan of the purchase receipt.

You can worry away, but Samsung's warranty language for the item I purchased is clear and unambiguous. Immediately upon delivery I registered the sn with Samsung for warranty purposes without issue.

Me thinks the warranty 'controversy' (tc) on this thread was stirred by those having a financial interest in buyers overpaying for a commodity.

ECTV provided a first quality product with a valid OEM warranty for 40% less than the then prevailing price.

Last edited by bmcn; 02-21-2015 at 11:31 AM.
bmcn is offline  
post #650 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Member
 
Hamlet00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
No need to post my ECTV experience on Yelp or reseller.com to obtain the item at 40% discount from the then prevailing sales price. As you pointed out it's a game parrying the upsell, but this thread contains all the relevant info on how to obtain the item at a significant discount.

The vicarious negativity (tc) of some posters on this thread is very transparent and amusing.

I don't know if you were referring to my comments.

My challenge of thought was to the idea that one could simply post a negative review on YELP and then get the advertised price. For example, being able to pay roughly $3500 for the UN75HU8550.

Stated quite simply, given the number of negative reviews and the impact of removing one of them, this defies common sense. Furthermore, in my own experience, you cannot. Whether or not you post a negative review.

Last edited by Hamlet00; 02-21-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Hamlet00 is offline  
post #651 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet00 View Post
I don't know if you were referring to my comments.

My challenge of thought was to the idea that one could simply post a negative review on YELP and then get the advertised price. For example, being able to pay roughly $3500 for the UN75HU8550.

Stated quite simply, given the number of negative reviews and the impact of removing one of them, this defies common sense. Furthermore, in my own experience, you cannot. Whether or not you post a negative review.
My TV was purchased from ECTV at their advertised price - a 40% discount to the then prevailing price. How does your ECTV buying experience compare with that?
bmcn is offline  
post #652 of 735 Old 02-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Member
 
Hamlet00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
My TV was purchased from ECTV at their advertised price - a 40% discount to the then prevailing price. How does your ECTV buying experience compare with that?
My many experiences are that the TVs that I wanted to purchase from ECTV are NOT available at their advertised prices (or even close).

The advertised price for this UN65HU9000FXZA is $2,585.00. You nor anyone can buy that TV at that price. Here is the link to that TV:

http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/Samsung-...un65hu9000.htm

Here is the link to the TV with the real price that you CAN buy it for ($3,799.00):

http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/Samsung-...hu9000us02.htm

Sure they will negotiate down less than $3799 (maybe to around $3200-$3300), but nowhere near the low advertised price or 40% of prevailing prices ($3999-40%=$2400) as you say.


There is the bait, followed by the switch, as easy to see as the sun in the sky.

Last edited by Hamlet00; 02-21-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Hamlet00 is offline  
post #653 of 735 Old 02-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet00 View Post
My many experiences are that the TVs that I wanted to purchase from ECTV are NOT available at their advertised prices (or even close).

The advertised price for this UN65HU9000FXZA is $2,585.00. You nor anyone can buy that TV at that price. Here is the link to that TV:

http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/Samsung-...un65hu9000.htm

Here is the link to the TV with the real price that you CAN buy it for ($3,799.00):

http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/Samsung-...hu9000us02.htm

Sure they will negotiate down less than $3799 (maybe to around $3200-$3300), but nowhere near the low advertised price or 40% of prevailing prices ($3999-40%=$2400) as you say.


There is the bait, followed by the switch, as easy to see as the sun in the sky.

Yeah and the sun always shines in Philadelphia.

My plasma TV purchased from ECTV at their advertised price of 40% off the then prevailing price was so bright I had to turn down its cell light to 13.

You don't have any direct experience with ECTV and continue to assert your ignorance. Why?

Edit: 42% total savings purchasing from ECTV, including potential sales tax.

tc on......

Last edited by bmcn; 02-22-2015 at 06:46 AM.
bmcn is offline  
post #654 of 735 Old 02-22-2015, 06:51 AM
Member
 
Hamlet00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
Yeah and the sun always shines in Philadelphia.

My plasma TV purchased from ECTV at their advertised price of 40% off the then prevailing price was so bright I had to turn down its cell light to 13.

You don't have any direct experience with ECTV and continue to assert your ignorance. Why?

Edit: 42% total savings purchasing from ECTV, including potential sales tax.

tc on......


I posted proof, and I have a lot more proof.

Do you have any proof?

I didn't think so.

The fact is, those two sets I gave as examples, cannot be purchased at the advertised price, or 42 pct off of going prices, or anything close.

As anyone can plainly see, there are two prices, one bait, and the other switch.

Should they believe you, or their lying eyes?

Last edited by Hamlet00; 02-22-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Hamlet00 is offline  
post #655 of 735 Old 02-22-2015, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet00 View Post
I posted proof, and I have a lot more proof.

Do you have any proof?

I didn't think so.

The fact is, those two sets I gave as examples, cannot be purchased at the advertised price, or 42 pct off of going prices, or anything close.

As anyone can plainly see, there are two prices, one bait, and the other switch.

Should they believe you, or their lying eyes?

OK, sunny boy.

You posted url's and assert that's proof the item cannot be obtained at the advertised price. lol

Why do you continue to assert your ignorance?

tc on......

Last edited by bmcn; 02-22-2015 at 07:29 AM.
bmcn is offline  
post #656 of 735 Old 02-22-2015, 07:36 AM
Member
 
Hamlet00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
OK, sunny boy.

You posted url's and assert that's proof the item cannot be obtained at the advertised price. lol

tc on......

Exactly. Everyone can see that there are TWO prices, for the same TV.

If that's not enough, there is plenty more. But what do you have?

Just your word?

Here is a challenge for you, along with some FREE MONEY (because you seem like a nice deserving guy).

Set up the sale at the advertised price for either of the two sets I referred to, and I'll PayPal a hundred bucks right to you, as a commission. Based on what you're saying here, over and over, this ought to be the easiest hundred bucks you ever make.

Ill be waiting.
Hamlet00 is offline  
post #657 of 735 Old 02-22-2015, 07:52 AM
Member
 
ShamrockLex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hope RI
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Weber grills from East Coast TV

Slightly off topic but... has anyone bought a Weber grill from ECTV?

They have the best prices on the higher end grills. Cant take any more snow in NE, thinking of spring!

The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement
ShamrockLex is online now  
post #658 of 735 Old 02-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Member
 
Hamlet00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
Similar to your assertions, your money is worthless.

Why do you continue to assert your ignorance?

tc on.....
My money is real, and the offer stands. For you or anyone else reading.


The fact is, I'd love to buy those TVs at those prices. I'd buy a few of them, if I could.


You were pretty darn easy to discredit, but ill give ya a C for effort.
Hamlet00 is offline  
post #659 of 735 Old 02-22-2015, 08:25 AM
Member
 
Hamlet00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamrockLex View Post
Slightly off topic but... has anyone bought a Weber grill from ECTV?

They have the best prices on the higher end grills. Cant take any more snow in NE, thinking of spring!
ectv boy can't handle my challenge, lol, maybe you can, and get an easy hundred towards that grill.
Hamlet00 is offline  
post #660 of 735 Old 02-22-2015, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet00 View Post
My money is real, and the offer stands. For you or anyone else reading.


The fact is, I'd love to buy those TVs at those prices. I'd buy a few of them, if I could.


You were pretty darn easy to discredit, but ill give ya a C for effort.
OK, I made it all up. c ya........
bmcn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off