The East Coast TV's Experiment - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #91 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 03:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For me, I live in Virginia, Amazon does not charge tax (YET)...White glove delivery is included, as a prime member, I will get it (Sony W900A) quick, I will get 2% back in Amazon rewards, I will have 30-days to return at their cost, I will not be pressed to buy EXTRAs. PaulsTV does not carry the W900A, but other Sony authorized resellers do. The Sony store has it at the same price as well with free shipping. Pauls has the Samsung UN55F8000 for the same price as Amazon, BB, etc. I'm still deciding about three sets: My 4-year old Panasonic plasma is flashing me the red lights of death every few days and needs to be either repaired or replaced. I favor the Sony because it doesn't have all the bells and wiesels (which we will not use) that the Samsung's have. But I like the Samsung UN55F7500 and the UN55F8000 for their picture quality. So I will make a decision soon. Plasmas MAY have a better picture (I will not buy another Panasonic Plasma because of the red flashing light problem they still have), but I like the brightness of the LEDs...without the buzzing. Tough decision. Still interested in the "Experiment" but probably will not buy for an unauthorized reseller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

Also, in case anyone was wondering, I bought 2 tvs from Pauls tvs,, I got no calls from them, the tvs just came to me.. Took about 1-2 weeks each time. I'm close to NYC..
The basic difference in ordering from pauls or EC, is with Pauls, you know they are 100% authorized and you do have a 30 day return policy.. With EC's you will most likely get
a brand new factory sealed tv, but i'm pretty sure they are not authorized, and that may or may not make a difference if something goes horribly wrong with your tv 3 months later..
I have read that samsung is not strict with that so it may not be much of an issue.. At any rate, IMO i think it's absolutely absurd to buy a very expensive tv from best buy or from amazon,
they are both rip offs.. I'm not really interested in paying for Best buys huge rent expenses and for their clueless staff's salary to just sit there and joke around with their co-workers all day..
Amazon usually charges tax, (in NY), for that reason alone i wouldnt ever order from amazon.. I got my old VT50 for $1499 from paul's tv, about 6 months ago, while even today it's about $2000 plus tax on amazon eek:

If charging sales tax is a deal-breaker for you, you may find yourself short on choices in the not too distant future. I don't understand why people think that profit is such an evil thing. It's even more puzzling why the same people are ok doing business with a company that makes most of their profit by selling shipping insurance on products they should be able to guarantee will show up at your door in one piece.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #93 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:

The basic difference in ordering from pauls or EC, is with Pauls, you know they are 100% authorized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelzydog View Post

Still interested in the "Experiment" but probably will not buy for an unauthorized reseller.

We've already clearly established that being on the authorized list is meaningless (unless you really have to have that free wireless keyboard). If you missed that, read through the beginning of the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

If charging sales tax is a deal-breaker for you, you may find yourself short on choices in the not too distant future. I don't understand why people think that profit is such an evil thing. It's even more puzzling why the same people are ok doing business with a company that makes most of their profit by selling shipping insurance on products they should be able to guarantee will show up at your door in one piece.

Hey, they can call their margin whatever they want. The bottom line is Best Buy may not call additional charges "shipping insurance", but they still want $900 more than I paid EC. wink.gif
post #94 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

When is the TV scheduled to arrive? Regardless of your experience with EC, I think I have decided to get the Sony W900A, probably from Amazon. I think it has a better picture than both the Panasonics and Samsungs.

AM Trucking estimates 5-7 business days, 5-7 will be Mon-Wed so that's what I'm assuming.

W900A is edge lit and more importantly doesn't go larger than 55"? Sounds fantastic. For gaming I would agree, it seems like a nice little set.
post #95 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfraso View Post

We've already clearly established that being on the authorized list is meaningless (unless you really have to have that free wireless keyboard). If you missed that, read through the beginning of the thread.
Hey, they can call their margin whatever they want. The bottom line is Best Buy may not call additional charges "shipping insurance", but they still want $900 more than I paid EC. wink.gif

I already wrote in my post, that the "authorized dealer" part may be meaningless in reality when it comes to having your warranty honored, but you never know. Not being an authorized dealer makes it alot easier for the vendor to sell you a refurbished unit as well. (not saying that it will happen).. These are things i can tell you for sure about EC, they use extremely sleazy and untruthful tactics to upsell you stuff, (he told me i needed a special hdmi cord in order to watch 3d) LOL.. and if something goes wrong with your tv the next day, you are on your own, because they can care less about you once they collected your money,,. they operate under 3 different company names,, EC, powerseller NYC, and alltimetvs.. With that being said, the fact that you were smart enough to avoid most of the upsell, i feel you still made the right choice, since you saved so much $$

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #96 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:

Whats the point of buying from the internet if I'm going to pay tax? I could just go to best buy down the block in my suv and pick it up in 20 minutes.. Profit isn't a bad thing, but just like you, me and everyone
else that aren't billionares, we all care about trying to save hundreds of dollars on 1 single purchase, right? If these online vendors are hundreds cheaper and they still find it worthwhile to make the sale then why support bestbuy as a company? You can waste your money there and keep them a float if makes you happy, not me. I can care less if they stay open or go bankrupt tomorrow to be honest..
it's not just the tax, that i don't want to pay, the base price difference between bestbuy and onliner dealer is usually even higher than what the tax would be..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #97 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I already wrote in my post, that the "authorized dealer" part may be meaningless in reality when it comes to having your warranty honored, but you never know. Not being an authorized dealer makes it alot easier for the vendor to sell you a refurbished unit as well. (not saying that it will happen).. These are things i can tell you for sure about EC, they use extremely sleazy and untruthful tactics to upsell you stuff, (he told me i needed a special hdmi cord in order to watch 3d) LOL.. and if something goes wrong with your tv the next day, you are on your own, because they can care less about you once they collected your money,,. they operate under 3 different company names,, EC, powerseller NYC, and alltimetvs.. With that being said, the fact that you were smart enough to avoid most of the upsell, i feel you still made the right choice, since you saved so much $$

It's not that it "may be" meaningless- it is meaningless when it comes to having your warranty honored. It's already been demonstrated in this thread.

Best Buy uses the same BS sales tactics upselling HDMI cables and warranties; nothing unique here. They do it because it's easy margin and most average joes happily oblige. You and I don't, so why do we care?

If something goes wrong with your TV you are not on your own, just like you aren't on your own if something were to go wrong on day 31 after your 30-day return period from say, Amazon. You have a valid warranty with Samsung, they will take care of it.
post #98 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 02:57 PM
AKA
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

If something goes wrong with your TV you are not on your own, just like you aren't on your own if something were to go wrong on day 31 after your 30-day return period from say, Amazon. You have a valid warranty with Samsung, they will take care of it.
Except that with a retailer who does not support purchases at all, you are forced to use the warranty on day one, not day 31 (or 91 or whatever their individual policy is). Nor is a refund an option, which you're usually able to do with retailers with an actual return policy. It's up to the customer, but it's a difference and part of what you're giving up to save some money.
guss2 likes this.
post #99 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:

Whats the point of buying from the internet if I'm going to pay tax? I could just go to best buy down the block in my suv and pick it up in 20 minutes.. Profit isn't a bad thing, but just like you, me and everyone
else that aren't billionares, we all care about trying to save hundreds of dollars on 1 single purchase, right? If these online vendors are hundreds cheaper and they still find it worthwhile to make the sale then why support bestbuy as a company? You can waste your money there and keep them a float if makes you happy, not me. I can care less if they stay open or go bankrupt tomorrow to be honest..
it's not just the tax, that i don't want to pay, the base price difference between bestbuy and onliner dealer is usually even higher than what the tax would be..
Dude, the days of tax free online shopping are coming to an end quickly, so please stop beating that drum. The reason why online shopping is so popular can be summed up in one word, CONVENIENCE. That becomes completely irrelevant when most people are purchasing a $4000 tv. I'm not taking 15 reviewers words for it, yes it helps but I want to see it with my own eyes like the rest of us weirdos. No offense intended, Gary.
post #100 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post

Except that with a retailer who does not support purchases at all, you are forced to use the warranty on day one, not day 31 (or 91 or whatever their individual policy is). Nor is a refund an option, which you're usually able to do with retailers with an actual return policy. It's up to the customer, but it's a difference and part of what you're giving up to save some money.

Of course, but we've pounded that over and over here.

The illusion that you're stuck with a broken set is no different day 1 or day 31- it's just not true. You're not stuck with anything, you're covered with Samsung in both cases.

Again, +$900 to Best Buy or +$700 to Amazon for 30 days and the ability to get a refund if I wanted is just not even remotely logical. At this price point I could probably make money on Craigslist should I decide I don't want it. Who wouldn't be OK with a brand new set they can pick up locally and check out in person for hundreds less than the big boxes?

$99 to Costco for 3 years extended warranty. $900 to Best Buy for 30 days "set roulette" and refund-ability. Hmm... rolleyes.gif

The value proposition is weak. Though I'm sure some will have no problem burning cash for that feel-good 30 days. To each his own.
post #101 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 157
A broken set from day one that cannot be returned or exchanged, but has to be repaired, turns out to be just a refurbished set from day one, at the price of a new set in working order, without the discount that refurbished sets are sold for.
post #102 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:

It's not that it "may be" meaningless- it is meaningless when it comes to having your warranty honored. It's already been demonstrated in this thread.

Best Buy uses the same BS sales tactics upselling HDMI cables and warranties; nothing unique here. They do it because it's easy margin and most average joes happily oblige. You and I don't, so why do we care?

So you're saying, that after the delivery guys leaves, and you actually start watching the tv,, and you notice it start acting weird, that you wouldn't be more comfortable knowing that you
can easily just exchange it for another from the retailer? You're saying that now you are forced to deal with samsung at day 1 (usually when you'd notice the problem)., and are forced to explain what is wrong, and wait for the samsung tech to come and take apart your brand new tv, and possibly replace it with a refurb? You'd rather go that route? Really? What if the buzzing is too loud and annoys you? You will have a headache on your hands.. Do not get me wrong, I am not
saying i would not have bought it from where you did, i feel the money you saved was worth the risk of the huge hassle,, but know that there are drawbacks from purchasing from EC..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #103 of 575 Old 06-23-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guss2 View Post

Dude, the days of tax free online shopping are coming to an end quickly, so please stop beating that drum. The reason why online shopping is so popular can be summed up in one word, CONVENIENCE. That becomes completely irrelevant when most people are purchasing a $4000 tv. I'm not taking 15 reviewers words for it, yes it helps but I want to see it with my own eyes like the rest of us weirdos. No offense intended, Gary.

We are speaking of the here and now, and as of right now you can still buy tax free. So the drums beats on wink.gif

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #104 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 804
I think the only way I would order from a place that did not except returns would be if I could not afford to purchase the TV locally. Meaning with what you can afford you would have to buy a lower level set if you were to shop locally. Then it might be worth rolling the dice for a better product but if money is not a concern then I would probably spend a little more knowing I can return or exchange my $2,000 investment within a certain amount of time. Just powering something on does not tell me the device is okay.

Also, the sales tactics used is shady in my opinion. If a company tells you that you have to add insurance to your order then that should be listed during the initial purchase. When you click purchase that TV should should ship whether you decide to take any extra's or not.
post #105 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 07:59 AM

Ive got three days left on my return window at BB and am still considering buying from East Coast TV to save 400.00.What should i do?
post #106 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:

We are speaking of the here and now, and as of right now you can still buy tax free. So the drums beats on wink.gif
I hear you man. Down here in Florida we still enjoy the no sales tax online shopping and it's great no doubt but I'll still buy all my blurays and such from Amazon because it's convenient and they are usually a little cheaper even if I have to pay tax. I'm into high end audio as I'm sure quite a few of us are and I would never buy a piece of audio equipment not having heard it first at a shop or better yet, in my own system. The brick and mortar store is still a necessary evil and I don't mind paying more for that piece of mind. It seems we're not far off here, Gary. wink.gif
post #107 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Quote:

When is the TV scheduled to arrive? Regardless of your experience with EC, I think I have decided to get the Sony W900A, probably from Amazon. I think it has a better picture than both the Panasonics and Samsungs.

LOL. You could have had an ST60 for less!

HT 3.1: Panny BDT 220 | 60" Panny VT60 | Marantz AV7005 | Focal CMS50 (L/R), CMS40 & CMS Sub

Stereo system: Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
post #108 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon View Post

Ive got three days left on my return window at BB and am still considering buying from East Coast TV to save 400.00.What should i do?
What tv do you have and what's wrong with it? Gary
post #109 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 08:16 AM

Ive got the 51 inch 8500.Love the TV but for that amount of money Im tempted to go thru the hassle of returning it and taking my chances with East Coast.
post #110 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 AM
AKA
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Of course, but we've pounded that over and over here.

The illusion that you're stuck with a broken set is no different day 1 or day 31- it's just not true. You're not stuck with anything, you're covered with Samsung in both cases.

Again, +$900 to Best Buy or +$700 to Amazon for 30 days and the ability to get a refund if I wanted is just not even remotely logical. At this price point I could probably make money on Craigslist should I decide I don't want it. Who wouldn't be OK with a brand new set they can pick up locally and check out in person for hundreds less than the big boxes?

$99 to Costco for 3 years extended warranty. $900 to Best Buy for 30 days "set roulette" and refund-ability. Hmm...

The value proposition is weak. Though I'm sure some will have no problem burning cash for that feel-good 30 days. To each his own.

So, Craigslist is your idea of getting your money back? Sounds like a hassle to me, but more power to you if you think it's not. I'm not sure what Costco and their 3rd party warranty (which you can't buy for EC as they're not authorized) has to do with this - their return policy is 90 days. If anything, they're more like BB or other retailers, just with possibly better prices, less selection but a better return policy. Warranty is a whole different matter, as far as retailers are concerned.

If we've "pounded" the reason their prices are so low, why not let it be if you agree? This thread began as a pseudo-defense of retailers like EC, but seems to now imply that people not choosing EC are "burning cash" on a foolish notion. The reality is, whether or not you want to admit it, that EC does have low prices on SOME models. They also have a record of selling items that they do not have in stock and only cancel after customers refuse extras or just promising delivery dates which are not based in reality. In addition they require customers pay a seemingly varying amount to cover insurance, which is not disclosed well up front.. They've also proven that they have no interest in supporting a purchase after the fact and are even rude about it. This is documented - yet they proudly trumpet their commitment to customer service on their website.

Can people overlook all of these in favor of an attractive price on some items? Absolutely, it's the customers prerogative. However to try to gloss over their shortcomings or insinuate that anyone who pays more is foolish (my words not yours but "burning cash" sounds pretty foolish to me) simply is not fair. If you like EC, good for you. I just think the issues with EC should be on the record, otherwise this thread is basically just an advertisement for them.
guss2 and Tony1 like this.
post #111 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 804
Quote:

Ive got the 51 inch 8500.Love the TV but for that amount of money Im tempted to go thru the hassle of returning it and taking my chances with East Coast.
If purchasing the TV through EC would then allow you to get the 60" version then I would say it might be worth the risk but if you talking the same size and everything is working good on your TV how are you going to feel if you get a TV that has problems and you then have to go through the warrany with Sasmung on a brand new purchase. What if you find a dead pixel on the TV as you watch it in the first few days? Samsung won't repair a dead pixel and EC will have already washed their hands of you once you signed on the dotted line.

Sometimes saving money isn't always the best piece of mind unless it gets you something that you would not otherwise be able to get. Then you might live with some short commings.
post #112 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland View Post

A broken set from day one that cannot be returned or exchanged, but has to be repaired, turns out to be just a refurbished set from day one, at the price of a new set in working order, without the discount that refurbished sets are sold for.

Not really. A refurbished set is not different from a new set- they're both with new parts in working order. The difference is the refurbished set gets a 30 day warranty where the new set has 1 year. Since you would still have your 1 year warranty, it's still a new set.

Besides, Best Buy would sell you an open box abused set for $200 less than list. So yeah, I'm already getting better than their "refurbished" set pricing.

Quote:

So you're saying, that after the delivery guys leaves, and you actually start watching the tv,, and you notice it start acting weird, that you wouldn't be more comfortable knowing that you
can easily just exchange it for another from the retailer? You're saying that now you are forced to deal with samsung at day 1 (usually when you'd notice the problem)., and are forced to explain what is wrong, and wait for the samsung tech to come and take apart your brand new tv, and possibly replace it with a refurb? You'd rather go that route? Really? What if the buzzing is too loud and annoys you? You will have a headache on your hands.. Do not get me wrong, I am not
saying i would not have bought it from where you did, i feel the money you saved was worth the risk of the huge hassle,, but know that there are drawbacks from purchasing from EC..

What's the difference? If it starts acting weird day 1 I have to call Best Buy and wait for them. Best Buy might be 5 minutes from me, but they don't have any of these I can exchange. They'll have to order one. They hardly even know these exist down there. If it has a severe buzz and no other issues I want the buzz fixed, not another set that might introduce other issues.

The question is, on day 31 when your return period ends and your set turns out to be just fine up until that point, what have you bought for that $900 extra you paid Best Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post

So, Craigslist is your idea of getting your money back? Sounds like a hassle to me, but more power to you if you think it's not. I'm not sure what Costco and their 3rd party warranty (which you can't buy for EC as they're not authorized) has to do with this - their return policy is 90 days. If anything, they're more like BB or other retailers, just with possibly better prices, less selection but a better return policy. Warranty is a whole different matter, as far as retailers are concerned.

If we've "pounded" the reason their prices are so low, why not let it be if you agree? This thread began as a pseudo-defense of retailers like EC, but seems to now imply that people not choosing EC are "burning cash" on a foolish notion. The reality is, whether or not you want to admit it, that EC does have low prices on SOME models. They also have a record of selling items that they do not have in stock and only cancel after customers refuse extras or just promising delivery dates which are not based in reality. In addition they require customers pay a seemingly varying amount to cover insurance, which is not disclosed well up front.. They've also proven that they have no interest in supporting a purchase after the fact and are even rude about it. This is documented - yet they proudly trumpet their commitment to customer service on their website.

Can people overlook all of these in favor of an attractive price on some items? Absolutely, it's the customers prerogative. However to try to gloss over their shortcomings or insinuate that anyone who pays more is foolish (my words not yours but "burning cash" sounds pretty foolish to me) simply is not fair. If you like EC, good for you. I just think the issues with EC should be on the record, otherwise this thread is basically just an advertisement for them.

Of course not, I don't plan on returning anything. I'm not doing an in home audition like some people do. It's just another example of people saying you're stuck without recourse when there is a viable option.

You need to do your homework, Costco sells a 3-year SquareTrade warranty for $99. You register the warranty with SquareTrade and your valid Samsung serial number just like you had bought the TV from Cleveland Plasma (also unauthorized, yet sells extended warranties, though through Mack I believe). The point being, 3 years for $99 vs 30 days for $700-900 with Best Buy and Amazon. The value doesn't compare.

This thread is nothing but an experiment because posters like you, and other unmentioned dealers keep pounding theories that have mostly turned out to be speculation and just silly. For example, "they probably won't ship your set if you don't buy their expensive upselling". Or "they are unauthorized, so you're warranty might not be honored".

I'm not saying some people aren't justified in paying $700-900 more for this particular TV; I'm just debating what those reasons are and specifically if there is any truly undeniable objective value. So far, it seems like it helps people sleep better at night. Which is fine for some, no doubt.

And hey, the jury's still out. I'm just working with the information available to me right now. So far so good so to speak. This ain't over yet. wink.gif
post #113 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 AM

Well i ordered from East Coast and within the hour got the phone call about my order.The coupon code i used is for check orders only.30 bucks .Then i get the white glove pitch.Then the insurance upcharge.F this I canceled the order.Not worth it.
post #114 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well i ordered from East Coast and within the hour got the phone call about my order.The coupon code i used is for check orders only.30 bucks .Then i get the white glove pitch.Then the insurance upcharge.F this I canceled the order.Not worth it.

How did you not know any of this going into it? It's all been covered repeatedly.

If the value proposition was worth it for you enough to place the order, a 5-minute phone call saying no a few times wouldn't have changed that. rolleyes.gif
sheshechic likes this.
post #115 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:

If you're happy with the TV you have now than you are making a good decision. wink.gif
post #116 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:

How did you not know any of this going into it? It's all been covered repeatedly.

If the value proposition was worth it for you enough to place the order, a 5-minute phone call saying no a few times wouldn't have changed that. rolleyes.gif

I did.Just had to satisfy my curiosity.In all the years Ive ordered stuff online this was the first time where a company tried to add charges after checkout.Just didnt instill alot of confidence in them.
post #117 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not really. A refurbished set is not different from a new set- they're both with new parts in working order. The difference is the refurbished set gets a 30 day warranty where the new set has 1 year. Since you would still have your 1 year warranty, it's still a new set.

Besides, Best Buy would sell you an open box abused set for $200 less than list. So yeah, I'm already getting better than their "refurbished" set pricing.
What's the difference? If it starts acting weird day 1 I have to call Best Buy and wait for them. Best Buy might be 5 minutes from me, but they don't have any of these I can exchange. They'll have to order one. They hardly even know these exist down there. If it has a severe buzz and no other issues I want the buzz fixed, not another set that might introduce other issues.

Your discount would be a minimum of 10%, and they go up the longer it sits on the floor. Also, if it has any "abuse" or is missing any accessories the price is typically even lower. Also, even though not all stores have these in the back, they are stocked at local warehouses that allow same day pickup. You make it sound like it takes forever to get a replacement. It does not.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #118 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I did.Just had to satisfy my curiosity.In all the years Ive ordered stuff online this was the first time where a company tried to add charges after checkout.Just didnt instill alot of confidence in them.

How would that change your level of confidence when you knew going in 100% that was exactly what they would do? confused.gif
post #119 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Your discount would be a minimum of 10%, and they go up the longer it sits on the floor. Also, if it has any "abuse" or is missing any accessories the price is typically even lower. Also, even though not all stores have these in the back, they are stocked at local warehouses that allow same day pickup. You make it sound like it takes forever to get a replacement. It does not.

You make it sound like it takes forever to get a replacement or fix through Samsung. It does not. Both are waiting games, neither are "forever". However, some seem to imply it's just as easy as bringing back a toaster to Wal-Mart and walking out with a new one. It's not.

I just saw an open box/display 90" Sharp at Best Buy for $1.5K more than ECTV sells them new. What a bargain.
post #120 of 575 Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone know where they get their inventory from? They obviously aren't buying it from Samsung or Panasonic. I wouldn't be surprised if most distributors wouldn't do business with them either. Not sure that it entirely matters, but isn't anyone curious?

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page