Samsung 51" PN51F8500 from AlltimeTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-15-2013, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a Samsung 51" PN51F8500 from AlltimeTV... $1,499.00 + $58.00 Handling and Insurance.The TV is working great and, Shipping was 10 days biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Good deal? Found an open box 60 inch f8500 at a local Best Buy for $2200. Looks immaculate -- missing only the remote and power cord. I could not turn it on, however (I didn;'t ask -- would they do that?). Unfortunately, with set up/delivery (which they tell me they will not do for free since it is open box) and tax, plus buying a remote/keyboard, it pushes my price to $2500.

Thoughts? I am in no rush and do not mind waiting this out. I figure Samsung will eventually allow its dealers to reduce pricing, especially when the zt60 is "unlocked" from Best Buy.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 PM

Liked: 26
My 64f8500 will be delivered by AlltimeTvs tomorrow. 5 day shipping. 2540 which is almost that 2200 with tax. Why would you buy used with missing items?

Btw, zt60 is out at Best Buy. I'm not impressed by it.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is All Time an authorized Samsung dealer?
post #5 of 6 Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 PM

No it's not. However, Samsung will warranty your product regardless as its illegal to deny warranty to a legitimate Buyer of their product. Authorized dealers must adhere to the MSRP or else they get dropped. Before the uniform pricing, many retailers including Amazon price their Products based on the market price. Most manufacturers now set a uniform MSRP that authorized dealers cannot stray from. This keeps the price artifically high. The margins on high end is much higher than the low end products which means it can be more heavily discounted if the seller is not tied in to the MSRP price.

If you are the type of buyer who research throughly before buying and do not return because you change your mind, there is no reason to pay full MSRP and subsidize the buyers who exchange and return over and over. Returns and exchanges increase the cost of doing business.

Since you're willing to buy a returned and potentially damaged item, you, like me are sensitive to the price. Its up to you if you think the ability to return your purchase is worth 1k or more on The purchase price. Buying used from Craigslist also doesn't allow you to return. Yet, this is a brand new item with full warranty at a used Item price. To me, 1k is a massive amount of money for the privilege of changing my mind.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-26-2013, 02:05 PM

I received my TV. I have posted my experience in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1453106/alltimetvs-experiance#post_23566936
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread