Got a 65" Panasonic VT60 from Bestbuy For 2500 with free Professional Calibration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-30-2013, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I was able to convince the manager to match Paul's TV's expired promotion and they had one model available about 30minutes away. So I paid at my local best buy and went picked it up and installed it myself first day.

First thought WOW this thing is MASSIVE. Holy Sh** this TV is huge, 65" is more then enough screen real-estate. Could barley Fit it in the bed of a pickup truck to take it home.

The best part of the whole deal is with the purchase it makes me a an Elite Reward Member with best-buy allowing me to get my screen professionally calibrated. I will set that up after I break the screen in.

Haven't watched much 3D content but from the 30min planet earth vid I saw I have to say that was the best 3D viewing experience I've ever had as far as picture quality goes and making it feel as if the TV is a window not a television lol. I can only imagine the clarity post break-in and calibration.

So if you've been waiting for the right price for this TV I say head to best buy guys see if you can do, after all Paul's is an Authorized Panasonic Dealer so they should match it. The trick will be trying to get them to match the expired offer. I had to let the manager hear me on speaker phone with a Paul's TV sales rep saying he would honor the 2499 save 600 special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-30-2013, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Congrats.

"65" is more then enough screen real-estate."

Watch it for a few weeks/months. Depending on your seating distance (i.e. the further you are), the more it will seemingly shrink.
Ragnrok23 likes this.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-31-2013, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Any tips on some decent looking settings to put in before I have it professionally calibrated?
post #4 of 9 Old 09-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
good luck with the BB calibration.

They will only stay there a maximum of about 2 hours. I know you got it for free but you will realize the meaning of "you get what you pay for".
post #5 of 9 Old 09-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is there a THX mode that narrows the gap from normal out of box to calibrated?

The Best Buy/Magnolia price I got last night as $2999 (3 years 0% financing) so I went home empty....I assume they would price match Amazon Prime $2799 at least. I'm not really wanting to speaker phone up another retailer but might buy from them. I think my BB would have to order anyway. I can't put it in my G35 even if they had one.

I am tempted by the ZT but not at $3899 or so.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-01-2013, 01:44 PM

Just picked up the P65VT60 from Best Buy for 2099. I had ordered a P65ST60 several weeks ago for that price and they couldn't locate one so they gave me the VT60 for that price. They also offered the P65ZT60 for 2799 but I decided it wasn't worth the extra $700 to me. There must be some pricing changes going on for them to offer me these deals? The Best Buy delivery department is also sending me a $50 Best Buy gift card in the mail for missing my original scheduled delivery date. I'm replacing a JVC 55" DLP that has had the non replaceable color engine yellowing for several years. The second bulb is about out on the JVC and I decided on this plasma before they are phased out. Maybe a 4K set in 4-5 years. I plan on purchasing the $99 Square Trade 3 additional years warranty from Costco for the set. I bought with an American Express to double the manufacturer warranty (giving year 2) so hoping this gives me some coverage for 5 years.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmoss View Post

Just picked up the P65VT60 from Best Buy for 2099. I had ordered a P65ST60 several weeks ago for that price and they couldn't locate one so they gave me the VT60 for that price. They also offered the P65ZT60 for 2799 but I decided it wasn't worth the extra $700 to me. There must be some pricing changes going on for them to offer me these deals? The Best Buy delivery department is also sending me a $50 Best Buy gift card in the mail for missing my original scheduled delivery date. I'm replacing a JVC 55" DLP that has had the non replaceable color engine yellowing for several years. The second bulb is about out on the JVC and I decided on this plasma before they are phased out. Maybe a 4K set in 4-5 years. I plan on purchasing the $99 Square Trade 3 additional years warranty from Costco for the set. I bought with an American Express to double the manufacturer warranty (giving year 2) so hoping this gives me some coverage for 5 years.

Sounds like you are the newly crowned (got the best deal on the 65VT60) king. Congrats....and yes...I'm hating right now.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-02-2013, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Do you have to negotiate for 3 year 0% financing? All my local in store Magnolia BB are 2 years?
post #9 of 9 Old 10-11-2013, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrwash13 View Post

Do you have to negotiate for 3 year 0% financing? All my local in store Magnolia BB are 2 years?

I believe Magnolia Design Center locations are able to select the three-year no interest financing terms. An associate using a regular BB/Magnolia register is unable to select your financing terms and the maximum is 24 months (on home theater purchases only).

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, RX1; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D, Panamax M-5100PM
2ch Sony 32" W650A, Sonus faber Toy Monitor, REL T3, Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Panamax MR4300
pc Monitor Audio Radius 90HD, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
+ Sony 65" XBRX850B, Sony BDP-S5100
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page