Another East Coast TV experiment - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 11-18-2013, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

You and I are having this nightmare experience with ECTV. I don't really think they have all the items displayed on their website. They're all BS. They'll make stories up to buy some time so that they can get the item you want to purchase and ship it to you. Customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered. One douche got mad at me for asking too much about my order. No one deserves this service. I'm just hoping for my TV to be in new and great condition when it arrives. I'm only being patient because my credit card agent advised me to give them extended time (7 days) to deliver it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 11-19-2013, 06:04 AM

They have a good deal on the 65" st60 panny. I'm 37 miles from them. I will call and see if I can pickup and pay with my Amex for extra insurance!

If anyone needs me to smack them around a little to get their order filled lmk biggrin.gif
post #33 of 41 Old 11-19-2013, 11:32 AM

I was told "there's no store front, mail order only"
Me: "well I've heard horror stories with you guys not shipping out TV's as promised etc" "I'm local so I'd really like to just come grab it."

Michael "well you'd need to pay cash they don't accept cards there"

Me: "just lmk if you have it in stock"

Two seconds later he said they had it and wanted to know when I was coming.

So for $1959 this could be a great deal. Obviously if I'm forced to pay cash there's no way in hell id pay a penny over 1959, no tax of course (why else would they take cash only"

So we'll see! I'll think about it
post #34 of 41 Old 11-20-2013, 11:42 AM

I'm sure of that (full of B.S.).....but the unimaginable happened on the 18th. I got an e-mail that my TV shipped. Right now it is in transit to OH which is progress. It looks like they are using the same company as the example thoe99 used on page 1. The sad part is that all they needed to do was let me know that the TV was out of stock but would honor the advertised price and give an educated guess as to how long it would be on back order and I would have been cool with that. There was no need to go through the lying they did as explained in my last post. Last time there was NO shipping information for me, at least this time there is some semblance of movement in my order.
.....NOW all I need is for the TV to arrive in good condition and to function properly and I will be satisfied, let me rephrase that....relieved that the process will be over. Then I will be satisfied because this TV is unfrigginbelievable. I am so anxious to finally get to enjoy this flagship plasma.
post #35 of 41 Old 11-22-2013, 08:04 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by m R g S r View Post

I was told "there's no store front, mail order only"
Me: "well I've heard horror stories with you guys not shipping out TV's as promised etc" "I'm local so I'd really like to just come grab it."

Michael "well you'd need to pay cash they don't accept cards there"

Me: "just lmk if you have it in stock"

Two seconds later he said they had it and wanted to know when I was coming.

So for $1959 this could be a great deal. Obviously if I'm forced to pay cash there's no way in hell id pay a penny over 1959, no tax of course (why else would they take cash only"

So we'll see! I'll think about it

Hey, I was thinking about doing the same thing but with a company called Abe's of Maine. I'm a little hesitant about paying them straight cash though instead of paying by my card. However, they 'supposedly' have a store front so why wouldn't I be able to pay by card? 

post #36 of 41 Old 11-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60285 View Post

I'm sure of that (full of B.S.).....but the unimaginable happened on the 18th. I got an e-mail that my TV shipped. Right now it is in transit to OH which is progress. It looks like they are using the same company as the example thoe99 used on page 1. The sad part is that all they needed to do was let me know that the TV was out of stock but would honor the advertised price and give an educated guess as to how long it would be on back order and I would have been cool with that. There was no need to go through the lying they did as explained in my last post. Last time there was NO shipping information for me, at least this time there is some semblance of movement in my order.
.....NOW all I need is for the TV to arrive in good condition and to function properly and I will be satisfied, let me rephrase that....relieved that the process will be over. Then I will be satisfied because this TV is unfrigginbelievable. I am so anxious to finally get to enjoy this flagship plasma.
Well....My TV was supposed to have been delivered yesterday but the trucking company called and promised it this morning. My wife received it this morning. I had already explained a couple of very quick things to look upon arrival because all they did was unpackage it and plug it in to make sure power goes to it. Everything appears to be in order.
This is a new unit (A13982 w/ Oct manufacture date).
If you can deal with the wait without the fairy tales and other stories from ECTV, it was well worth the savings.
post #37 of 41 Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 AM

I was very interested in everyone else's experience a few days ago when I was deciding whether to order from East Coast, so I'll share my experience.

I have ordered a couple of Panasonic plasmas in the past two years, one from Amazon and one from Value Electronics. Both great experiences (which I expected from those two.)

This time, I had a last-minute idea that I should get my parents a 65" ST60 (bigger than my ST50, even - the 60" was biggest I could get when I ordered mine! mad.gif) for Christmas, as they're about to move into a new home. I decided this on 12/18, and wasn't concerned about delivery time, because I realized it would just be a hassle trying to move that thing around for Christmas, and not necessary that it physically be there for that. So I ordered on 12/18, online. Got a call a few minutes later (which I expected), to confirm my order and offer some of the upsells. I spoke with Michael, who was pleasant to deal with, and respectful when I told him I really needed to get off the phone because I'd had to step out of a meeting to take the call. I did opt for the white glove delivery (long trip from NJ to California, and my parents would be receiving it so I just wanted it all to go as smoothly as possible and be easy for them to check it out and refuse if necessary. Delivery charge was pretty reasonable and was worth it to me.)

TV shipped out on 12/20 (and I asked EC to change the delivery address after I'd placed the order, realizing I'd prefer it to go directly to the new house), and they confirmed and made the update with the shipping company, no problem. The shipping company called 12/23 to give me delivery day/time. They delivered this morning, and my mom (using my detailed inspection checklist) received it and just called to tell me that it's perfect, and that the delivery guys were very nice and professional.

So from my experience, I would recommend East Coast, and I would order from them again. (Hey, maybe a chance to get the 65" I've always wanted at a justifiable price...wink.gif ) I'm not typically a hard-core price shopper (i.e., don't mind paying a little more to be relatively assured of top-notch service), but their price was substantially less, and given that it was Christmas shopping time, I was more budget-conscious than usual when trying to make this work. And I have to say, this particular buying experience was just as good as any of the "top-notch" places I've ordered from before!

It definitely isn't the experience everyone has, but if you are willing to be a little bit patient on delivery time, and if you're using a credit card (where, if things do go sideways or you get tired of waiting, they'll protect you), you can get a great deal. When I do go for the lowest price, I adjust my expectations accordingly. Might not get it in three days, and probably won't get the most personable, responsive service. Not really fair to expect it when I'm getting a bargain-basement price. In this case, EC exceeded my expectations.

Happy holidays to all!
post #38 of 41 Old 12-27-2013, 02:00 PM

For what it's worth i ordered a Samsung 46 6300 from them back in June 2010. I did not have any nightmare shipping stories and the unit came in perfect condition and still runs perfectly today. I am local to their location so i did call to see if i can pick it up but they don't have it at their local warehouse and i assume it would be coming from a different location.

I am about to upsize to a 55" and move the 46 into our playroom. ECTV prices are still significantly better than almost every site or store out there.

I did call another local store who usually has very competitive prices and they told me they would not price match ECTV because "ECTV does not stand behind their TVs". I'm not sure what that meant exactly and explained i had purchased from them in the past. He repeated he would not match their price.

If anyone has any other reasons why not to purchase from ECTV, please let me know.

Thanks all and have a Happy and safe New Year.

OEW
post #39 of 41 Old 02-13-2014, 09:30 AM

I just received delivery of my new Samsung UN75F7100 75" TV from East Coast and I couldn't be happier.  It was delivered less than 4 days after the order was placed last Sunday.  Amazing that it would ship from New Jersey to Texas so quickly.  The delivery men were polite and courteous.  They unpacked the TV and turned it on to demonstrate no bad pixels.  I registered it with Samsung without any problem.  The only issue I have is that the free wall mount was not delivered with the TV, but I'm assuming it was shipped separately.  I'll update this thread if it is not delivered in the next few days.

I did receive a phone call from the sales staff to offer to sell me extra services and to let me know that the 2% discount only applies to cash purchases.  At the sales rep's urging, I checked the "View details" button on the web site and sure enough, it was disclosed.  Because of the negative press in this thread, I elected to forego the discount and use my credit card, which seemed like cheap insurance.  Even without the discount, I still saved more than $800 over the BB "sale" price when you consider the Texas sales tax.  I do think East Coast would be better served to display the cash sale limitation on the discount more prominently.

I specifically joined this forum to let you guys know my experience with East Coast TVs was very pleasant from start to finish.  I was prepared for the worst and probably came across to the sales rep as a bit of a jerk.  Instead it was one of the best big ticket online transactions I've had.

post #40 of 41 Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 AM

Liked: 11

CLASS A TRASH COMPANY.

I could literally write a book about unethical and aggressive sales tactics from just a few phone calls with these guys.

1) After my call, tried to push Cash On Delivery, Express Shipping, and an upgraded mount.

- I agreed to spend an extra $90 for "White Glove Delivery" and the mount, which I was told would be delivered on Wed or                 Thurs (placed the order on Friday).

2) Called the sales rep on Tuesday because I received a notification from FedEx and was told FedEx was for the cables, and the rep said he would email me the number of the third party shipper so I could set up delivery within the hour (11:00 AM Tuesday).

- I called them back at 4 PM on Tuesday to get the 3rd party delivery information which was promised hours ago, and the 

the salesman said I was ANNOYING for calling, and that his manager said the  TV wouldn't arrive until Monday or          Tuesday of the Next week.  He agreed to take $30 off the price because of the "misunderstanding" with the shipping.  He also said that I was nagging him about pennies, and that I was taking all of his profits away (we are talking about pennies, right, so why would you care then?)

3) 4:45 PM on Tuesday I received an email from the manager that my order was cancelled.

- I spoke to the sales rep and said that the email meant they cancelled my old order and I should expect a new invoice with $30 off.

4) I received a call from the sales rep that they couldn't get my TV, and were going to give me a FREE upgrade to the 2014 edition of my TV, which he gave me the model number.

- The "UPGRADE" was a downgrade to a TV that cost $400 less than the one I ordered.

Finally emailed to cancel my order and got a deal at Dell.  I paid full price for a TV (discounted price which we know is full), but received a $400 gift card to the Dell website, another $150 off for using their interest free financing, and a free extended warranty.  The TV was shipped within hours of my order, and the shipping was FREE.

The part that annoyed me most wasn't the "PENNIES" we were arguing about ($30-100), it was that I took off work Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday to move and set up my apartment, and expected the TV to arrive Wednesday as told.  Had I stuck with my original deal at Best Buy, which wasnt the best deal, my TV would have been delivered Monday, no charge.

Thanks EAST COAST TVS! As a result the BS you put me through, I am actually getting a free computer from Dell!

greenhavenn likes this.
post #41 of 41 Old 05-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
dvince, sorry to hear about your experience with ECTV. The up-sell tactics are expected, but the attitude and downgrade are beyond the pale.

How did you get the $400 gift card, interest-free financing, and free extended warranty deals from Dell? I don't see any of these on the Dell site.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page