Samsung F8500 at Conn's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-23-2013, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I put this in the F8500 "price reduction" thread but thought those scanning through this sub-forum might appreciate me placing this in its own thread. Conn's (at least the one in Corpus Christi, TX) is clearing out their inventory of F8500s for what has to be the lowest prices I've seen anywhere thus far. This Conn's had both 60 and 64 inch F8500 sets out as floor models for 1497 and 1997 respectively. However, when the salesperson (keep in mind Conn's is like full commission as far as I know so be prepared for heavy sales tactics) approached he informed me that the prices I was seeing were also applicable to the IN THE BOX NEW ones he still had in the back as well. They did not have any of the 51 inch model in stock even as a floor model, and that's what I would rather have had due to the ease of moving it around, but it is what it is. Expect discounts on the 51 inch to be similarly drastic if you can find one. I ended up going with the 60 so the 64 should still be available here.

I don't buy open box plasmas almost under any circumstance (I did buy an F4500 for 386.00 at BB open box but when I opened it it had literally ZERO hours on it and all the plastics still on the panel so that doesn't really count), especially ex-demo ones. For those who are OK with that sort of thing even the floor model prices are pretty darn good if you can't find one in a box, and they may be willing to knock more of the floor model price. Keep in mind that those floor model prices absolutely BLOW Magnolia away, as every open box 51 inch I've seen has a measly 1669 price tag on it from the normal 1899.

Clearance items are not eligible for 12 or 18 month financing offers, but they will do 6 months same as cash. I've seen Conn's in a lot of places throughout the southern US so odds for those in the south central part of the country you may have one within driving distance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-23-2013, 04:26 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 62
We don't have one around here so I checked online - they don't carry the F58500 online.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-23-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

We don't have one around here so I checked online - they don't carry the F58500 online.

Yeah, I was gonna post a link if it was on their website, but at that price I figured it would almost certainly not be. I don't really see any clearance TVs on the website
post #4 of 6 Old 11-23-2013, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16

wow amazing price, no conns around me though

post #5 of 6 Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 AM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Just one more reason I should have moved to Texas years ago smile.gif That price makes me want to buy TODAY. I haven't found any online prices in that range. I heard a rumor to expect a big dip in the prices shortly but I'm not sure why - black Friday, new model or some other reason... just someone whose kind of in the industry (not some slack-jawed miscreant from BB) said that the prices would drop soon but no other details.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-26-2013, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Conn' s in Mesquite, TX are out. They check area stores and they all were too.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!