Samsung 64" F8500 for $2,479.99 NIB at PaulsTV - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 52 Old 03-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Newbie
 
HunterDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmalvr60 View Post

I don't believe he's an authorized Samsung dealer

Not true, Paul's TV is an authorized Samsung In-Store and Internet Reseller: http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html

Those of who have purchased from Paul's using this deal dont have anything to worry about. I pulled the trigger on the F8500 on Sunday, got the discount (though, as others have pointed out, the discount doesnt appear for some reason when you view "My Orders" on the website; you have to go to "View the Receipt" to see where the discount is applied to your purchase - OR just check your email for the receipt which shows the discounted price), and I just got my shipping confirmation.

Cant wait for this new TV ... it means my Kuro gets moved to the bedroom!
HunterDC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 52 Old 03-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Member
 
Plasmalvr60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDC View Post


Not true, Paul's TV is an authorized Samsung In-Store and Internet Reseller: http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html

Those of who have purchased from Paul's using this deal dont have anything to worry about. I pulled the trigger on the F8500 on Sunday, got the discount (though, as others have pointed out, the discount doesnt appear for some reason when you view "My Orders" on the website; you have to go to "View the Receipt" to see where the discount is applied to your purchase - OR just check your email for the receipt which shows the discounted price), and I just got my shipping confirmation.

Cant wait for this new TV ... it means my Kuro gets moved to the bedroom!


I wish you good fortune with the plasma- I stand corrected.

 

I don't know Cleveland Plasma and have no relationship with them.  However, I do know they've been a sponsor here for years and Chris from there has imparted lots of good advice in this forum.  We're not allowed to discuss price here, so I won't exactly, BUT I did call Cleveland Plasma and their pricing is very competitive when compared to the very low price I'm reading here from Pauls.

 

I chose to give my local guy the business- as I'm not a do it yourselfer and had his installer set up my home theater around the new TV.  A few dollars more than CP and less than BB.  Worth it to me. 

 

Most importantly- fantastic picture!  Looks 3D from some sources- HBO and CBS Sunday night programing I've noticed so far without the 3D glasses.


Samsung PN64F8500 Smart TV (64" Plasma-2013); LG BD 390 Blu-ray Player; Denon AVR-1709; Nakamichi MB CD Player; Verizon FiOS Motorola 7 Series Cable Box (500GB Hard Drive).  Pioneer Elite 1120 (5th Generation Plasma- 2005); Denon AVR 2800 (2000); Oppo Blu-ray 103 w/Roku Stick; Sony Carousal CD;...
Plasmalvr60 is offline  
post #33 of 52 Old 03-18-2014, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobbyTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmalvr60 View Post


I wish you good fortune with the plasma- I stand corrected.

I don't know Cleveland Plasma and have no relationship with them.  However, I do know they've been a sponsor here for years and Chris from there has imparted lots of good advice in this forum.  We're not allowed to discuss price here, so I won't exactly, BUT I did call Cleveland Plasma and their pricing is very competitive when compared to the very low price I'm reading here from Pauls.

I chose to give my local guy the business- as I'm not a do it yourselfer and had his installer set up my home theater around the new TV.  A few dollars more than CP and less than BB.  Worth it to me. 

Most importantly- fantastic picture!  Looks 3D from some sources- HBO and CBS Sunday night programing I've noticed so far without the 3D glasses.

I second that.... with Cleveland Plasma you get "peace of mind" and a lower than average price.
RobbyTV is offline  
post #34 of 52 Old 03-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Newbie
 
soulcages01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Paul's TV is on Samsung's authorized sellers list.

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html

I didn't think the terms were harsh - don't sign if the TV isn't good out of the box.
soulcages01 is offline  
post #35 of 52 Old 03-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Member
 
Pioneer Insider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Rochelle, NY
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31

All very good advice and it seems that Samsung now offers an additional 3 months on top of the one year warranty if you buy from an authorized dealer.  I like the idea of getting an additional three months of factory warranty coverage. 

 

They also say save your receipt and that they may not even give any warranty on items not purchased from Samsung authorized dealers.  I know this has been argued before, but who wants to argue when you need support.

Pioneer Insider is offline  
post #36 of 52 Old 03-22-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobbyTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
i didn't have to show my receipt for the warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer Insider View Post

All very good advice and it seems that Samsung now offers an additional 3 months on top of the one year warranty if you buy from an authorized dealer.  I like the idea of getting an additional three months of factory warranty coverage. 

They also say save your receipt and that they may not even give any warranty on items not purchased from Samsung authorized dealers.  I know this has been argued before, but who wants to argue when you need support.

i didn't have to show my receipt for the warranty.
RobbyTV is offline  
post #37 of 52 Old 03-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Member
 
Pioneer Insider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Rochelle, NY
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31

That's strange.  Samsung's service providers require the receipt so they can get paid from Samsung.   Also as I understand the new policy is you can get an additional 3 months of warranty coverage if you purchase through an authorized dealer.  Samsung's new website lists all authorized dealers even small individual stores. 

 

These Samsung policies are very new so maybe not all service providers know about it yet.

Pioneer Insider is offline  
post #38 of 52 Old 03-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Member
 
DBronx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Guys..

I was a little late to the party and missed that promo by a day... Does Paul's run those kinds of promos often?

I subscribed on their site, but haven't gotten any promotional emails past a welcome email.

Thanks!!!
DBronx is offline  
post #39 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 AM
Newbie
 
Tom1226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I finally did it thanks to this post! Let me start by saying I have been looking at Plasma TV's for about two years I put a lot of time and research into the Panasonic, came close to pulling the trigger a couple of times, I finally waited long enough to see the ZT model come out and convinced myself this is the one I am going to buy. Because I am frugal  as they come, I am going to wait it out to see the price come down, hmm.. bad move, by the time I went to buy it, BB was sold out at the price I wanted for and what was left on the internet the prices had gone through the roof. I had been a royal pain in the you know what at my local BB the past two years, it became a joke to a few of the workers (or I had become the joke) that old saying you snooze you loose, I had out played my card!

So I had to start my search all over again after talking with NOW my bud"s at BB one of the reps I like there, was like Tom, I know you really wanted the Panasonic but this 8500 is a really good plasma I don't think you will be disappointed with this tv, hmm I said let me go do some homework on this one. So off I went.......

After some debate I went back and pulled the trigger I payed $2,299. for the 60" when I came home I fell upon this thread that read Paul's TV 20% coupon so I printed the whole thread out and off I went to my bud's at BB, When I walked in I could see the look in there eye's like here we go... So I told them about Paul's TV ,to my delight they honored it and I ended up getting the PN60F8500 for $1839. I feel really good about this purchase. Let me know what you guys think, if you think I did OK on this purchase.

So in closing, the moral of this story is Thank You to the people in this thread!

Tom

Tom1226 is offline  
post #40 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Member
 
DBronx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So they honored the price based on this forum? That deal was live for a very brief period. Amazing deal you got there!
DBronx is offline  
post #41 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Newbie
 
Tom1226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Yes they did. The sales rep said he had to call Pauls after he talked to them he went to talk to the manager came back and gave me a thumbs up,Needless to say I was shocked and thrilled. Tax and free delivery :p

Tom1226 is offline  
post #42 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Member
 
elonepb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nice! I've been waiting to find a better deal than the $3,099 I've been seeing at reputable places and this morning Paul's TV had the 64" on Amazon for $2,649 so I bought it. About an hour later it was back up to $3,099!
elonepb is offline  
post #43 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RobbyTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1226 View Post

Yes they did. The sales rep said he had to call Pauls after he talked to them he went to talk to the manager came back and gave me a thumbs up,Needless to say I was shocked and thrilled. Tax and free delivery tongue.gif

$1418 over here. tongue.gif

only for the 60 incher though.
PetePablo likes this.
RobbyTV is offline  
post #44 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Newbie
 
Tom1226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Right place right time...good for you! I get mine tomorrow I can't wait.

Tom1226 is offline  
post #45 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Newbie
 
Tom1226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Robby, you took the wind right out of my sail....

Tom1226 is offline  
post #46 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Newbie
 
Tom1226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

how long ago was that?

Tom1226 is offline  
post #47 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Member
 
PetePablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyTV View Post


$1418 over here. tongue.gif

only for the 60 incher though.

 

At Cleveland + the Pauls March20 price matching?

 

At that price I'll surely bite a 60F8500.

 

Let the details flow :D  or am I misquoting? :(


P54G10, PN64F5500 owner.

 

PetePablo is offline  
post #48 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Member
 
DBronx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just tried and code is NOT viable on Paul's site.... Is this a hit or miss kind of thing? I only got it to work once about a week ago :-(
DBronx is offline  
post #49 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Sick Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
That promo ended some time ago.
Sick Mother is online now  
post #50 of 52 Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Newbie
 
msoav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Last night PaulTV had the 60F8500 for 2049.99 via Amazon, they took it down this morning but had it back up during the afternoon. I saw the 65" last night for 2650. Not as good as the march20 but better than the current prices.

Can't wait to get my new TV.
msoav is offline  
post #51 of 52 Old 04-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Newbie
 
soulcages01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I ordered my 64" F8500 from Paul's TV using the MARCH20 promo code on Sunday 3/16 - the code was dead a few days later - I paid $2470. The unit shipped out on Wednesday 3/18 but the shipping was a bit slow - my unit shipped from Los Angeles to Fort Wayne, IN via CEVA Logistics, and I had it in my living room on 3/26. I had absolutely no issues with the delivery, arrived safe and sound, but the wait time was killing me! 10 days after I ordered it. Paul's TV said that the stand would not be assembled as a part of their free white glove delivery service, but the CEVA Logistics employees seemed to not know this and assembled it all for me. They struggled a bit getting the stand on but it finally went. THIS THING IS A BEAST OF A TV! But in a good way. My build date is March 2013, fresh off the factory line and built the same month I received it.

I consider myself somewhat of a videophile and following the basic calibration settings recommended will serve you well without needing a full blown professional calibration. Sure, you can probably get the color accuracy an extra 5-10% more accurate by paying $450+, but will you really be able to see the difference? Put the sucker in Movie mode Warm2 with a few tweaks and you are good to go. The picture is freaking fabulous. I was blown away by the build quality of the set. The metal frame is really spectacular. My only issue is figuring out what to do with the Bose center speaker with the goofy arc shape. There is simply no good place to put a center channel speaker with the stand design.

What did you guys do with your center speaker? Place above the TV on a stand?
soulcages01 is offline  
post #52 of 52 Old 04-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Member
 
Plasmalvr60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcages01 View Post

I ordered my 64" F8500 from Paul's TV using the MARCH20 promo code on Sunday 3/16 - the code was dead a few days later - I paid $2470. The unit shipped out on Wednesday 3/18 but the shipping was a bit slow - my unit shipped from Los Angeles to Fort Wayne, IN via CEVA Logistics, and I had it in my living room on 3/26. I had absolutely no issues with the delivery, arrived safe and sound, but the wait time was killing me! 10 days after I ordered it. Paul's TV said that the stand would not be assembled as a part of their free white glove delivery service, but the CEVA Logistics employees seemed to not know this and assembled it all for me. They struggled a bit getting the stand on but it finally went. THIS THING IS A BEAST OF A TV! But in a good way. My build date is March 2013, fresh off the factory line and built the same month I received it.

I consider myself somewhat of a videophile and following the basic calibration settings recommended will serve you well without needing a full blown professional calibration. Sure, you can probably get the color accuracy an extra 5-10% more accurate by paying $450+, but will you really be able to see the difference? Put the sucker in Movie mode Warm2 with a few tweaks and you are good to go. The picture is freaking fabulous. I was blown away by the build quality of the set. The metal frame is really spectacular. My only issue is figuring out what to do with the Bose center speaker with the goofy arc shape. There is simply no good place to put a center channel speaker with the stand design.

What did you guys do with your center speaker? Place above the TV on a stand?


Glad you love yours too.

 

Mine's mounted on the wall, so I'm not using the stand. However, my other home theater using a Pioneer Elite has the Center Channel above the TV. Works well.

 

Try "wxman" settings for this TV.  I'm using his settings and loving them.  Not even considering professional calibration.  You can find his settings in the settings thread for this TV.

 

Here you go:

 

~~Originally Posted by wxman View Post Had my tv calibrated tonight. Picture is even more stunning. PN64 movie mode celllight 16 41fl contrast 95 brightness 46 sharpness 5 color 53 tint R52 colorspace custom Red 44,2,2 Green 36,55,0 Blue 0,1,56 Yellow 51,52,1 Cyan 35,53,57 Magenta 45,3,51 White Balance 29,25,24,33,25,28 10 point 1 0,0,+2 2 -3,-3,-4 3 -4,-4,-5 4 -3,-2,-2 5 -4,-3,-4 6 -5,-1,-7 7 -1,0,-2 8 -2,-1,-7 9 +3,+3,+2 10 -7,0,-5 gamma- +1 colortone- warm2 blackoptimizer-darkroom


Samsung PN64F8500 Smart TV (64" Plasma-2013); LG BD 390 Blu-ray Player; Denon AVR-1709; Nakamichi MB CD Player; Verizon FiOS Motorola 7 Series Cable Box (500GB Hard Drive).  Pioneer Elite 1120 (5th Generation Plasma- 2005); Denon AVR 2800 (2000); Oppo Blu-ray 103 w/Roku Stick; Sony Carousal CD;...
Plasmalvr60 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off