1Likes
  • 1 Post By nclou

post #1 of 11 Old 04-16-2015, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Any good plasmas left

I'm trying to find a good plasma set at least 65inch, I know I'm kinda late to jump into plasmas but just wanted to know if I had any luck in finding a good set. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-17-2015, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 7
They are out there. Last night, I picked up a 65" VT30 with 3300 hours for a good price off of CL. It has a minor issue, but it should be a fairly easy fix, helped on getting the price down too. Check the classifieds here, there are some killer deals. CL and eBay are good options too. The hardest part is finding one close enough to you to pick up for the right price. Shipping a big, ridiculously heavy plasma TV is expensive and risky. Most private sellers don't want to deal with packaging and preparing them for it and most have thrown away the original box/packing too which makes it worse for transport. Personally, I would stick with a Panasonic (ST/VT/ZT 30, 50, or 60 series) or Samsung plasma as they tend to be rated the best. Usually, the newer the better. You might get lucky and score a Pioneer Kuro too. Good luck!
post #3 of 11 Old 04-17-2015, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowe View Post
They are out there. Last night, I picked up a 65" VT30 with 3300 hours for a good price off of CL. It has a minor issue, but it should be a fairly easy fix, helped on getting the price down too. Check the classifieds here, there are some killer deals. CL and eBay are good options too. The hardest part is finding one close enough to you to pick up for the right price. Shipping a big, ridiculously heavy plasma TV is expensive and risky. Most private sellers don't want to deal with packaging and preparing them for it and most have thrown away the original box/packing too which makes it worse for transport. Personally, I would stick with a Panasonic (ST/VT/ZT 30, 50, or 60 series) or Samsung plasma as they tend to be rated the best. Usually, the newer the better. You might get lucky and score a Pioneer Kuro too. Good luck!
Thank you for the information, I will be on the hunt for any of these. Hopefully I can find one local and in good condition.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-10-2016, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
where are you located? I'm about to start the process to try and sell my Panasonic TC-P65VT25. Trying to figure out what it's worth. It's in perfect shape
post #5 of 11 Old 08-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe879 View Post
I'm trying to find a good plasma set at least 65inch, I know I'm kinda late to jump into plasmas but just wanted to know if I had any luck in finding a good set. Thanks
I will sell you my pioneer elite 151fd 60". I got the 8 blinks on it last night, easy and cheap fix. I have everything that came with tv, speakers still in box, remote never used a URC, stand and user manual. I am not looking for much, make me a reasonable offer and it is yours.

Last edited by Dave-T; 08-02-2016 at 12:32 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-07-2016, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe879 View Post
look in craigslist or ebay
post #7 of 11 Old 08-08-2016, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-fi andy View Post
look in craigslist or ebay
This is where I'm at since my boy smashed my last generation plasma. Been spending several months now plotting my replacement LED TV, but lack of total satisfaction finally convinced myself to give it to at least Black Friday, if not next year's model year, to see if something turns up on CL or Ebay in a Plasma. I have an older DLP that's good enough to get by.

Problem is, I have a definite barrier with the wife (and to be honest a lot of misgivings myself) about spending $1000-2000 for a 4+ year old TV with absolutely no recourse if it fails a week later. Spending that on a new television with a warranty is one thing...if I spend that cash on a TV that goes away a month later...I'll be watching on this DLP for as long as my life (or marriage) lasts. Hell, my wife might take care of both pretty quickly if that happens. I wish I had the spare cash to take the risk without it being a big deal.

Many people selling them know what they have and what they're worth, and I'm not going to get their 65" VT60 for $300. So I'm hoping to pick up something that someone either doesn't know what they have, or that I can get dirt cheap and repair for a couple hundred dollars. I literally just missed a non-working "come pick it up" by a couple hours this morning grrr. I don't know if I'd have been able to fix it, but that's what I'm hoping. Maybe there will be a bunch being dumped on CL after Christmas.
niray9 likes this.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-12-2016, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclou View Post
Problem is, I have a definite barrier with the wife (and to be honest a lot of misgivings myself) about spending $1000-2000 for a 4+ year old TV with absolutely no recourse if it fails a week later. Spending that on a new television with a warranty is one thing...

Many people selling them know what they have and what they're worth, and I'm not going to get their 65" VT60 for $300.
Agree!
post #9 of 11 Old 08-12-2016, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1749 Post(s)
Liked: 1672
wow, bring this back from the dead...

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC(Enby), PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One
post #10 of 11 Old 08-16-2016, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclou View Post
Many people selling them know what they have and what they're worth
I doubt they know what they have, because the owner does not know if the 8 or 7 blinks will happen tomorrow or after a month or in a year.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-04-2017, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by niray9 View Post
I doubt they know what they have, because the owner does not know if the 8 or 7 blinks will happen tomorrow or after a month or in a year.
OK what is the 8 or 7 blinks? I have a Panasonic TCP55GT30 and it is getting old but still looks good. I thought about a new LED set but I think I may be unhappy in the long run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page