BenQ W1200 - $919 @ Amazon - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-26-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had second thoughts about posting this... the W1200 is not too popular here on AVS. I picked one up when Amazon had it for $942, then the price dropped after they shipped mine. Oh well.

-T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now $896.23 at Amazon. I couldn't resist at that price. Upgrading from Mits HC1600 720p. We'll see.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-27-2011, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeguy View Post

Now $896.23 at Amazon. I couldn't resist at that price. Upgrading from Mits HC1600 720p. We'll see.

Good price. I noticed that earlier today, and asked Amazon for a price match since I paid $942.xx on NOV 24. They did match their own price... so I got it for 896.23 too. They only price match TVs, so I got lucky.

-T
post #4 of 9 Old 11-27-2011, 06:14 PM

I just read their price match policy and was wondering whether they considered projectors to be "TVs". I was on the fence about ordering since tomorrow is "Cyber Monday." With my luck, they'll drop the price again. Good to know that if they do, they will give me the same deal.

I hope this projector looks as good as I expect. I was ready to buy the w6000, but at this price, the w1200 is at least worth trying out!

Good luck with yours!
post #5 of 9 Old 11-27-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:

I just read their price match policy and was wondering whether they considered projectors to be "TVs". I was on the fence about ordering since tomorrow is "Cyber Monday." With my luck, they'll drop the price again. Good to know that if they do, they will give me the same deal.

I hope this projector looks as good as I expect. I was ready to buy the w6000, but at this price, the w1200 is at least worth trying out!

Good luck with yours!

I asked them about that one time and they said that it was only for tv's and not projectors

Nice to know it depends on the rep you talk to.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-27-2011, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good luck with yours!

When I opened a chat with an Amazon CSR, CSR stated that projectors are not TVs. I am a prime member, and have been for a few years now, so maybe that's why I was cut a break?!?

My BenQ PE7800 (1024x576) died a few days ago... never saw RBE with it. Bought it in 2004.

Good luck!!

-T
post #7 of 9 Old 11-27-2011, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Forgot to mention... according to the CSR, Amazon does not charge return shipping if you refuse to accept the package. So if the price drops and they refuse to price match, then you can always buy a new unit and refuse to accept the first unit.

Maybe that's why I got the price match!! I asked the CSR if I would be charged return shipping if I refuse to accept the order. I had every intention of refusing and ordering a new unit for the cheaper price ($46 is not a lot, but I was willing based on principle). He was probably thinking that it'll be cheaper for Amazon to just price match rather than eat additional costs.

CSR offered to give me the match... so I did not have to do the monkey work of refusing, reordering, etc.

-T
post #8 of 9 Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

Forgot to mention... according to the CSR, Amazon does not charge return shipping if you refuse to accept the package. So if the price drops and they refuse to price match, then you can always buy a new unit and refuse to accept the first unit.

Maybe that's why I got the price match!! I asked the CSR if I would be charged return shipping if I refuse to accept the order. I had every intention of refusing and ordering a new unit for the cheaper price ($46 is not a lot, but I was willing based on principle). He was probably thinking that it'll be cheaper for Amazon to just price match rather than eat additional costs.

CSR offered to give me the match... so I did not have to do the monkey work of refusing, reordering, etc.

-T

Amazon again the new price: 873.82!!
post #9 of 9 Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaven View Post

Amazon again the new price: 873.82!!

Damn... I do not know if they'll provide yet another price match for me... I better not push my luck

Got it yesterday though... gotta love free 2-day shipping!!

-T
Reply Front Projectors Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page