Epson 8350 + Sony S480 BD for 999 + shipping at Fry.com - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2012, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Saw this at Frys. Seems to be new, not refurbished and includes a Sony BluRay player(which can easily become a gift to someone else or a quick sell).

http://www.frys.com/product/7051461

Krakhen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakhen View Post

Saw this at Frys. Seems to be new, not refurbished and includes a Sony BluRay player(which can easily become a gift to someone else or a quick sell).

http://www.frys.com/product/7051461

Unfortunately, sold out for online and limited store availability (none in either Georgia store). Frys typically sells out of their big sale items quickly (ie: Friday)

If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM

Liked: 10
I tried to get the deal at the Wilsonville (near Portland OR), and they gave it to me, even though online, it showed the combo item number as out-of-stock at that location. I checked the projector by itself, and it was in stock, and the BD player, the Sony S480, was also in stock on its own. So you can still get this deal at a physical store if that store had both items in stock.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:22 AM

Liked: 10
Ugh... Awful experience...

I setup a pickup online on Wednesday for their Duluth store; online, I was told we would have 3 days to pick up the combo, but the confirmation e-mail said it would expire on Thursday. I live 2 hours away, so I decided I should call to confirm I could pick it up on Friday as the website showed.

I called the Duluth AV department and explicitly asked if they would be able to hold the combo for the full 72 hours since I would be picking it up on Friday. One of the employees said that that would be no problem and that I could simply go back to the AV dept to pick it up. Sounded like a done deal.

Upon arriving, I was told that the hold expired on Thursday and there was no way for them to give me the specified combo. I spoke with the AV dept manager and explained the situation, but he did not budge. Even though I had a confirmation e-mail and the verbal confirmation, they did not allow me to pick it up. I asked the dept manager to contact the store manager and was told that it was an expired manufacturer's discount that they would not match. Instead I was lamely offered a matching price to any authorized internet retailer, or $1049 for just the projector. Obviously I would have to pay tax on it.

TL;DR Setup pickup online, received confirmation e-mail, called in to double check, left with no projector.

Even though I loved the store layout (it was my first time visiting a Frys), I will not be returning due to their false claims. I hope in the future they will be better informed so that their employees do not mislead their customers or at least be willing to eat their own words.