Refurbished Viewsonic Pro8200 $594 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-01-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought my first projector and want to share the deal I got. If the deal is still up when I receive it I'll let you guys know the condition and number of hours.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

The Viewsonic Pro8200 seems to be one of, if not the best deal for a low priced projector right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It's hard to tell what you are buying exactly. I think it's good you will report back to us if it seems like good deal.
Question: "is it factory refurb" or just some store saying they made sure it works. What type of warranty?
For example: Epson refurbs come with regular warranty of new unit. So, it's good to know what "refurb" means.
Some of us picked up new pro8200 from newegg for 650 at end of december ...but i haven't seen it at that price since then.
It is good unit, just hope it's factory refurb and everything goes smooth for you.

I just checked, the same store OUTLET is selling "used-like new" and "refurb" at exactly same price with absolutely no info about the units (warranty, box, accessories). Who knows what you are getting?
post #3 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

The projector came in a brown box (just like the one pictured on the ebay refurb auctions for the 8200). Everything was well packed, all cables and accessories were in sealed plastic bags. Condition was excellent. I started it up and saw there was 0 hours on the unit, although that could have been reset as part of the refurbish.

Overall I am very pleased with the projector. Bright and really pops. Black levels could be better, but I expected that from all of the reviews out there.

Viewsonic's warranty on refurbished products is 90 days. So the warranty is obviously not as good as Epson's but the projector is much cheaper than the 8350.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

It's hard to tell what you are buying exactly. I think it's good you will report back to us if it seems like good deal.
Question: "is it factory refurb" or just some store saying they made sure it works. What type of warranty?
For example: Epson refurbs come with regular warranty of new unit. So, it's good to know what "refurb" means.
Some of us picked up new pro8200 from newegg for 650 at end of december ...but i haven't seen it at that price since then.
It is good unit, just hope it's factory refurb and everything goes smooth for you.

I just checked, the same store OUTLET is selling "used-like new" and "refurb" at exactly same price with absolutely no info about the units (warranty, box, accessories). Who knows what you are getting?

Would love to know the answer to these questions, I saw that same deal but was hesitant.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 AM

Got this deal, projector came like new. plastic on it protecting it. Fired it up works great, bright picture. I think people knock it's blacks a bit hard I think its pretty darn impressive. Handles lights well easy to watch with lights on. I'm throwing up 106" screen and its doing great. Comes with everything but the carrying case. Sitting distance is matched to IMAX maximum viewing angle spec....amazing can't see any pixels looks great.

It does have that weird wine sound but frankly you'll never likely hear it unless its dead silent which I doubt while watching a movie you'll never hear it. Transformers 3 looks fantastic on it as does The Dark Knight.
Reply Front Projectors Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page