Epson 8350 Refurb $899 @ epson.com - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-23-2012, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered mine, $899.10 w/ free shipping. Unable to post the link due to my n00b status, but just google "epson.com 8350 refurbished" and it will be the first link.

Use coupon code shop10 for a 10% off discount to move the projector from 999.99 to 899.10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 02:03 PM

Liked: 13
That's a great deal but I can't make myself buy a refurb

Epson 8350 1080p ..:.. 124" WilsonArt DW screen
Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver
Lenovo HTPC ..:.. 1TB storage InfiniTV4 tuner
Xbox 360s extender, PS3 Blu-Ray player
Controlled by a Harmony One remote
post #3 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by URPREY View Post

I've ordered refurb projectors before and never had a problem. This has a 2 year warranty so I wouldn't worry at all.

Mike

WTB: DPI Cine LED 1000 projector
post #4 of 8 Old 04-26-2012, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by URPREY View Post

My rule of refurbs: If it comes w/ the same warranty as the new version, save the money and buy a refurb. If it only has some 90 day limited warranty, the manufacturer doesn't have confidence in the refurbishment process and neither do I.

I read the 8350 owner's thread, or some of it, and the vibe I got was that epson has mediocre quality control but very fast and helpful service. So if this refurb turns out to be a dud, it'll be easy enough to get it replaced.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM

This includes free shipping and the same warranty (2 years, 90 days bulb) as a new unit. They phoned today to confirm that I had placed the order, and "Order is being fullfilled". I expect it to ship out on Monday, 30 April or shortly after that.

I have never had a problem with buying refurbished products, including my Apple computers over the years *as long as* they come with the same warranty as new.

Considering the problems Epson was having with the Iris, it's likely my unit will arrive competently repaired with minimal hours on the bulb.

A small note of inconvenience. I couldn't actually find this on the Canadian Epson webstore - instead I did a search in one of the price bots (Canadian) and the refurbished price came up as well as new stock. Quickly clicked through, checked warranty, etc. and placed the order.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there.

Patrick.

- 0 -
be the actor in your life
post #6 of 8 Old 04-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriCanuck View Post

This includes free shipping and the same warranty (2 years, 90 days bulb) as a new unit. They phoned today to confirm that I had placed the order, and "Order is being fullfilled". I expect it to ship out on Monday, 30 April or shortly after that.

I have never had a problem with buying refurbished products, including my Apple computers over the years *as long as* they come with the same warranty as new.

Considering the problems Epson was having with the Iris, it's likely my unit will arrive competently repaired with minimal hours on the bulb.

A small note of inconvenience. I couldn't actually find this on the Canadian Epson webstore - instead I did a search in one of the price bots (Canadian) and the refurbished price came up as well as new stock. Quickly clicked through, checked warranty, etc. and placed the order.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there.

Patrick.

It says $999 on the website? Was this a special I missed?

Edit: Nevermind I see you posted in the other thread saying it was $999, I was all choked thinking I missed something
post #7 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbri9 View Post

I just ordered mine, $899.10 w/ free shipping. Unable to post the link due to my n00b status, but just google "epson.com 8350 refurbished" and it will be the first link.

Use coupon code shop10 for a 10% off discount to move the projector from 999.99 to 899.10

I called Epson and was told the discount code does not apply to refurbished products even though I told him that I knew of others who had ordered and received a discount, $999 was still a good price so I went ahead and ordered one. The salesman took my order and said I would get an email confirming my but instead I received an email saying my CC was declined due to an error in the bill to/ship to information. Total BS as I carefully spelled out all my info for him to make sure it was correct.

BTW, Epson CS told me refurb units cannot be returned for a refund of payment so you will be stuck with the unit. I had went ahead with the order with Epson because I read many posts about the great CS.

A few days later I ordered a new unit off another mainstream online retailer, price was $80 more but if I have a problem the unit is easy to return. So I paid more for a new unit with the option to retun the unit and get my money back.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPC_Dude View Post

I called Epson and was told the discount code does not apply to refurbished products even though I told him that I knew of others who had ordered and received a discount, $999 was still a good price so I went ahead and ordered one. The salesman took my order and said I would get an email confirming my but instead I received an email saying my CC was declined due to an error in the bill to/ship to information. Total BS as I carefully spelled out all my info for him to make sure it was correct.

That's unfortunate as I ordered one via the website and when it was cancelled ( I had put the wrong phone number) the customer rep assisted me in re-ordering and did apply the code after I mentioned it, saying "that's correct, it is applicable".
Reply Front Projectors Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page