AVS Forum banner

Epson 3010

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  tw1st3dss 
#1 ·
My local best buy has the epson 3010 for 999. I was wondering if I should jump on it? It will be my first projector, so I don't know much about them. Just been reading up on them here.

#8 ·
So, I just went to my local best buy, North Aurora, IL. and they have this unit on the shelf for $1299.00. I ask the guy about it being closed out for $929. He looks it up and sure enough they had been closing them out BUT he tells me, "this store never actually carried it and they would order it from other stores if someone wanted it." I ask him if the display model is for sale and he tells me, "that's not a really unit just a shell." I've never heard of that before!

#9 ·
all the units on display at all the best buys i've been to have shells instead of functioning units. just the body with sticker representing inputs. last week one store had one on sale for 1010, but i didn't get it b/c i'm on retail equation's poo list for having two internet cancellations that they consider non-receipt returns. it means that if i happen to get a defective unit i'll be sol.

#10 ·
Wife just went up to the Tallahassee Best Buy and picked up an Epson 3010 for $925 (it was on clearance for $999, she offered $925 to get out the door for under $1000). Seems like a good deal. We were going to get the 5010 at visualapex for $1999, but for half the price including tax I think this is a good bargain?

#11 ·
Just got one myself. But my local Best Buy would not honor any $929 or lower prices (Rumored to be $799 at some closing stores), unless I could find it for that price in So. Cal area. "We do not match out of state stores, even our own" is what the salesman told me. Still for $999 I am happy.

#14 ·
Yes sir that number is correct. After 8 phone calls and multiple state store locations. I found an open box return for $1060. But they reduced it to $999. However my sister used to work for Best Buy and is going to work her magic and get it for less. I called Epson and they said they cover the warranty if the box was used as display or something but he was not very clear on his definition. Does anyone know if the warranty will still apply for an open box purchase from Best Buy? Also has anyone received the unit for less than $929? If so please let me know what store. Thanks and I appreciate everyone's help.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by msocccerw  /t/1446344/epson-3010#post_22826459

Also anyone have any tips on a screen? The more I research the more I get confused. I'm looking at around spending $300 for 120". Grey, white, silver? Brands? Thanks. I'll keep researching though.

I've been using this one for 2 years with my Viewsonic Pro8100 and for over a year also with an Epson 3010. http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-HD-120-16-120-Inch-Projector/dp/B0026DTP2S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358219654&sr=8-2&keywords=favi+projector+screen NEVER had any wrinkles or waves. The motor is quiet and it's been up & down a zillion times. If it died tomorrow I'd order another. JMHO

Hope this is helpful.

Ed

#19 ·
Ok, the wife and I were exchanging DVD's for blu rays at best buy today. Of course got bored and I wandered in to the magnolia section, where I happened upon this:
it is for a Epson 3010 for 800.00 open box, I wanted it but we just bought a 3020 in December so that was a no go! just to let anyone who was interested it is in the Snellville ga store 776 (770-982-5467)

good luck I believe that is a great price if there is nothing wrong with it.

steve

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by househusband36  /t/1446344/epson-3010#post_22838881

Ok, the wife and I were exchanging DVD's for blu rays at best buy today. Of course got bored and I wandered in to the magnolia section, where I happened upon this:
it is for a Epson 3010 for 800.00 open box, I wanted it but we just bought a 3020 in December so that was a no go! just to let anyone who was interested it is in the Snellville ga store 776 (770-982-5467)

good luck I believe that is a great price if there is nothing wrong with it.

steve

WOW, that's a steal if it works ok!

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.