Epson Cinema Pro 9100 Refurbished $799 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-12-2013, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

My local HT shop has a few of these 9100 refurbished units in stock for $799. I have been looking at the refurbed 8350 or a new Viewsonic Pro8200 for pretty much the same price. What would you chose? The 9100 is an older model but if I am just looking for a good performing all around 1080p 2D projector is that my best option here? It comes with a 3 year warranty.

THanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Any input it appreciated here. I am thinking the 9100 is the way to go for the money.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM

I think before anyone can give a meaningful recommendation, you need to give us more info about your viewing environment. All PJs have strengths and weaknesses that will be accentuated by where they're installed. I recently bought the 8200 during the Newegg sale, and for me, it's been perfect. No complaints. Have you read the reviews for all three at projectorcentral.com?
post #4 of 5 Old 01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGz View Post

Hi Guys,

My local HT shop has a few of these 9100 refurbished units in stock for $799. I have been looking at the refurbed 8350 or a new Viewsonic Pro8200 for pretty much the same price. What would you chose? The 9100 is an older model but if I am just looking for a good performing all around 1080p 2D projector is that my best option here? It comes with a 3 year warranty.

THanks for the input.

Do you by chance mean the Pro8100??? If so it's an awesome projector IF you get one that doesn't suffer a horizontal banding problem. There are actually two threads for it here. Look under pj's OVER $3000. It's original MSRP was $4995! I've had mine for 2 years and still love it. Hope this helps.

Ed
post #5 of 5 Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Do you by chance mean the Pro8100??? If so it's an awesome projector IF you get one that doesn't suffer a horizontal banding problem. There are actually two threads for it here. Look under pj's OVER $3000. It's original MSRP was $4995! I've had mine for 2 years and still love it. Hope this helps.

Ed

Just realized you said EPSON. DUHHHH,redface.gif When I saw "Pro" I thought you were refering to a Viewsonic pj. Didn't know Epson used "Pro" in their pj model names. ???confused.gif

Ed
Reply Front Projectors Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page