Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705HD Projector 720p (Refurbished) for $329 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-26-2014, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705HD Projector 720p (Refurbished) for $329

Saw this on slickdeals, seems like a good deal but I'm new to projectors so I'm hoping someone will chime in. Use code FSCY0 for free 2-day shipping.

Epson

Seems exactly what I'm looking for, 300ish projector with decent quality, at least from the videos I've seen on
. Just scared that I'll end up wanting to upgrade to one of those 700ish projectors like the 1070 or 131xe, but I guess I could unload it easily anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-27-2014, 11:19 AM

Liked: 10
I have this exact projector and love it, for what that's worth.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-27-2014, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by push3r View Post
I have this exact projector and love it, for what that's worth.
It seems pretty solid but one criticism I see in some reviews are the black levels, any comments?
post #4 of 6 Old 08-28-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technopolis View Post
It seems pretty solid but one criticism I see in some reviews are the black levels, any comments?
We've used this projector for video games, television programs, and movies. It's used basically as a television.

Unfortunately no one at the house is much of a cinephile. I can't really give you any kind of expert evaluation of the black levels or contrast, etc.

What I can tell you is I can't imagine you're going to get anywhere near this quality at the price of this refurb. Mine's a refurb that I got on Newegg, and we've used and abused it and greatly enjoyed it.

It's good enough that I'm honestly considering picking another one up at this price just to put in my bedroom :P
post #5 of 6 Old 08-29-2014, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by push3r View Post
We've used this projector for video games, television programs, and movies. It's used basically as a television.

Unfortunately no one at the house is much of a cinephile. I can't really give you any kind of expert evaluation of the black levels or contrast, etc.

What I can tell you is I can't imagine you're going to get anywhere near this quality at the price of this refurb. Mine's a refurb that I got on Newegg, and we've used and abused it and greatly enjoyed it.

It's good enough that I'm honestly considering picking another one up at this price just to put in my bedroom :P
Honestly from the videos I've seen on youtube, this projector looks pretty good and your comment might've pushed me enough to get it. I only have a studio that I want to do late night viewing so this seems perfect for me. I realize these youtube videos all have different screems that affect the picture quality but it still seem solid. I'm just worried about refurbished when it comes to projectors, refurbished anything else (tv's headphones) usually seems like a good bet.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-09-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by technopolis View Post
Honestly from the videos I've seen on youtube, this projector looks pretty good and your comment might've pushed me enough to get it. I only have a studio that I want to do late night viewing so this seems perfect for me. I realize these youtube videos all have different screems that affect the picture quality but it still seem solid. I'm just worried about refurbished when it comes to projectors, refurbished anything else (tv's headphones) usually seems like a good bet.
"Two-year projector limited warranty, Epson Road Service program, Epson PrivateLine dedicated toll-free support and 90-day limited lamp warranty"

If purchased w/ credit card.. warranty is extended even further. For $329.. they got me (plus discover giving 5% back through the end of the yr)

Going to use it as an outdoor projector. Sound on it is weak.. but for the price, I can't complain
Reply Front Projectors Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page