Twilight Zone Seasons 1-5 Bluray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-01-2012, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amazon has The complete Twilight Zone series on bluray, Seasons 1-5, on sale for $152.99 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
I jumped on this, and I'm glad I did. I had none of them yet, and was on the fence about which ones to buy. Sometimes, it just works out.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Incredible deal - no surprise it didn't last long. I kind of wish I would have grabbed it, but I have Season 1 already.

post #4 of 8 Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

They look so amazing on a big screen, especially season 1. The detail in these black and white images is very cool, and it's great to see Serling's plugs for next week's episode, and the other shows of the era that are promoed at the end. Never saw this stuff before, glad I have it. History on my shelf.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I used to watch Twilight Zone when I was just a teenager. Loved it, always watched when I could. In researching blu-rays (just got my first player and first 1080p projector) a few weeks ago I noticed the Twilight Zone blu-ray releases of seasons 1-5 at Amazon UK. The reviews for Twilight Zone, especially Season 1 were extremely positive. Amazon UK has generally much better deals on blu-ray series than Amazon USA (I got the TZ Season one for basically around $25 shipped). However, unless you have a PAL compatible blu-ray player, you'll have to be careful to only buy NTSC compatible releases. The Twilight Zone Season 1 set I got is NTSC compatible, so it works in my Sony S390 player, however the Planet Earth Special Edition and Life series do not. I've had to buy a region free player to play them (should arrive in a matter of days).

I love the Twilight Zone blu-ray set, and have watched one or two of the programs. The quality of the images is startling. I think they must have filmed them in 32mm. It's black and white, but it's great. I did notice a problem with the first program, however, the one about the guy who found himself alone in a ghost town. There was a very significant lip-synch problem. I checked out other programs and if there was a lip-synch issue, it was relatively slight. I have no idea if others are experiencing the same issue, it could have something to do with my Sony S390 player. Anyone?
post #6 of 8 Old 06-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse View Post

I used to watch Twilight Zone when I was just a teenager. Loved it, always watched when I could. In researching blu-rays (just got my first player and first 1080p projector) a few weeks ago I noticed the Twilight Zone blu-ray releases of seasons 1-5 at Amazon UK. The reviews for Twilight Zone, especially Season 1 were extremely positive. Amazon UK has generally much better deals on blu-ray series than Amazon USA (I got the TZ Season one for basically around $25 shipped). However, unless you have a PAL compatible blu-ray player, you'll have to be careful to only buy NTSC compatible releases. The Twilight Zone Season 1 set I got is NTSC compatible, so it works in my Sony S390 player, however the Planet Earth Special Edition and Life series do not. I've had to buy a region free player to play them (should arrive in a matter of days).
I love the Twilight Zone blu-ray set, and have watched one or two of the programs. The quality of the images is startling. I think they must have filmed them in 32mm. It's black and white, but it's great. I did notice a problem with the first program, however, the one about the guy who found himself alone in a ghost town. There was a very significant lip-synch problem. I checked out other programs and if there was a lip-synch issue, it was relatively slight. I have no idea if others are experiencing the same issue, it could have something to do with my Sony S390 player. Anyone?

Just to be clear, the PAL standard is not connected to blu-ray. If you're talking about DVDs or standard def features, yes, it could be an issue. If you're talking about HD, the issue is region coding.

What's the title of the ghost town episode?
post #7 of 8 Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_R_STL View Post

Just to be clear, the PAL standard is not connected to blu-ray. If you're talking about DVDs or standard def features, yes, it could be an issue. If you're talking about HD, the issue is region coding.
What's the title of the ghost town episode?
The title of the ghost town episode is "Where is Everybody?"
post #8 of 8 Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Netflix streaming also has the complete series (decent quality) for those of you who don't want to invest the $150+

Yamaha DSP-A1 Integrated Amp
(4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps and Mills resistors (R/L F/R)
(2) Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets (dual centers)
B&O TX2 Turntable
Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD
Samsung BD-P2550 Blu-Ray/DVD
Princeton AF3.0HD Monitor
Optoma HD65 Projector
Reply Blu-ray Disc Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page