Big Lots Has $3-$8 Blu-Rays! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2013, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I went to the nearest Big Lots today and found quite a few Blu-Rays at the $7, some at the $5, and a few as low as $3. Selection varies by store but you might get lucky and find something you like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Picked up a dozen Blu-Rays at Big Lots in a small TN town the other day, mostly Weinsten titles. Gonna hit up another one nearby in the next few days.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 PM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 197

Thx for the tip Lex.

BL sometimes has a few interesting oldies on DVD as well. I've seen Village of the Damned/Children of the Damned there, and also picked up a couple of the Lewton and MGM/Fox Midnite Movies there.

Haven't been by lately, but the last thing I bought there was an old Marilyn Monroe/Laurence Olivier comedy on DVD called The Prince and The Showgirl (Olivier also directed). Xfer was only so-so, and it was probably not among their best pictures, but it was still fun to watch 'em work together. (Didn't even know they did a film together until I ran across it at BL.)

ADU
Old 08-04-2013, 01:27 AM
ADU
AVS Special Member

While doin some errands, I cruised by my local BL to see what they had. Regrettably, the store only had a few BDs... some Weinstein stuff as you said, Hellboy 2 (for $5 I think), and Ridley's Robin Hood for $6.88 (a few cents less than I paid at BB, with a Fry's PM).

As usual though, they had a couple interesting oldies on DVD in the $3 - $5 range. No Lewton or Midnite Movies, but they did have the original Village/Children of the Damned combo for $5, and Hammer's 1958 Revenge of Frankenstein with Petey Cushing for $3 (both of which I already own). And these other DVDs for $3 each...

Adventures of Robin Hood (1938, Errol Flynn)
Bobby Deerfield (1979, Al Pacino as a race car driver)
Excalibur (1980, John Boorman)
Father of the Bride (1950, Liz Taylor, Spencer Tracy)
Harum Scarum (1965, Elvis)
Paradise Alley (1978, Sly Stallone)
Who's Knocking at My Door (1968, early Scorcese pic with Harvey Keitel)
Yanks (1979, Richard Gere, Vanessa Redgrave)

Some of these (e.g. Excalibur and Errol's RH) are available on BD btw. I grabbed Harum Scarum, which is probably not one of Elvis's best films, but it had a few cute harem girls as I recall, and is not out on BD. Very nice color and contrast on this DVD btw.

ADU
Old 10-23-2013, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just hit Big Lots this afternoon and I made out like a F-ing bandit! Saw Sony, Weinstein, Universal, and Fox BDs there and walked away with over a dozen. Also went to Five Below (Discount merchandise store) and picked up several Disney Blu-Ray titles for $5!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:18 PM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the tip Lex. Will have to check BL again soon.

ADU
Old 01-09-2014, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Got an e-mail the other day that advertised a new shipment of Blu-Rays again, paid a visit to my nearest BL, and made out like a bandit. Picked up a bunch of decent titles for $3-$5.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:15 PM
GPM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Must be nice, I don't shop there, but checked out the one on the way to BB and while they had quite a good selection of $3-5 DVDs including some still commanding much higher prices, they only carry a few children's movies in BD.

GM

Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPM View Post

Must be nice, I don't shop there, but checked out the one on the way to BB and while they had quite a good selection of $3-5 DVDs including some still commanding much higher prices, they only carry a few children's movies in BD.

GM

Hit up K-Mart. They have plenty of children's BD titles at decent prices. Walmart also has tons in bins for $8 or so.