Streacom F7C reviewed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had a mad desire to analyze a Streacom box, finally I made it: Streacom F7C.

• Chassis Material: All aluminum, 3.5mm thick body
  • Available Colors: Silver / Black – Brushed Finish
  • Motherboard Support: Mini ITX
  • Hard Drive Bays: 1 x 2.5″ + 1 x 3.5″
  • Optical Drive Bays: 1 x Slim slot loading drive, left side eject button
  • Front Ports: 2 x USB, 1 x SD Card Reader
  • Expansion Slot: 1 x Low Profile Expansion Card
  • Cooling: 1 x 80 x 80 x 25mm fan (not included)
  • Dimension: 240 x 250 x 100mm (W x D x H)
  • Power Supply: PicoPSU & AC Adapter (not Included)
  • Remote Control: MCE Compatible IR Receiver & Remote (not Included)
  • Net Weight: 2.5KG

All of you already know it quite.

The aspect of the case is very similar to the M10 AE Origin, not surprisingly the Project Manager was born designer Streacom AE.

F7C Streacom is available in two colors, silver or black, for analysis, Streacom has sent his model silver and aluminum.
The first thing that draws the attention of the case is its simplicity and clean in their design, somewhat basic if we want to point out. Its volume is not excessively large, it was my biggest concern when I saw advertised on the website of the manufacturer, that being as pretty occupied too much space or that were not commensurate with a mini computer proportions.

Their lines, I can say, rounded edges give an incredible look and brushed aluminum finish give it a tremendous touch of elegance.

The front despite having enough connectivity, is not anything heavy. Stresses the slot for the optical reader who must be type Slot In and with the button to the left, the majority of readers have in that position. The F7C also consists of two front USB 2.0 ports, a card reader SD and (not included) infrared sensor window.

You will see what I discussed above the design of housing and the rounded edges, simply perfect in terms of design.

The back includes multiple slots for proper cooling of the equipment. To your left is the hole in which we will install the connection to the power supply jack. Right this device Pci expansion slot express that we connect to the motherboard, is low profile and set the cover plate with two screws.

To access the inside of the F7C Streacom it is necessary to remove the four screws located at the base of the case, it is a simple task. The fixing of the cover to the case with this method gives a strength that have no cases with screws on the back and you need to slip your cover over the case. It's more uncomfortable the Streacom method, but necessary for the solidity of the HTPC.

Inside the case consists of two parts, the tray storage devices and the chassis of the F7C. Indeed, the lid of the case still has the same thickness as case, is solid and not shown any flexibility that would cause vibration in the set.

Tray attaches to the case screwed to two support metals protruding over the front and rear, the tray is securely screwed below with four screws.

Hold the tray in this way has its advantages and disadvantages, the main advantage is that it allows that the height of the case does not increase, keeping the proportions, and the disadvantage could be the limitations on the height of sinks for processors, especially if we want to mount the disk 3.5 '', subtract a few millimeters.

The tray is able to simultaneously accommodate two disks hard (1x2.5 "+ 1. 3. 5") and a fine optical reader, 3.5 '' disk is placed in the bottom four holes that include rubber holes.

The configuration of the case is prepared to accommodate two hard drives and the optical reader whenever we respect the maximum dimensions of the sink, is the only component that is going to give a little war if we leave the recommended specifications of height (search for dimensions).

The components that I used for the test, unfortunately, exceeded the recommended dimensions, heatsink core i3 2100 was quite high, to save the stumbling block we will have two options, or mount an heatsink of ultra low profile less than 37 mm high, or sacrificing the hard disk 3.5 '' installation.

The solution to assemble the i3 2100 with is hig HS is to unscrew the legs of the base of the chassis and leave exposed screws that secure the front panel to the central part of the chassis, removed a few screws, then remove also the screws that fix the reader to the central core and the frontal scale easily.

Just assemble the tray generator first to rear bracket and then to the front, again screw the front to the base and voila.

The components used to test to the F7C Streacom have been:
  • Zotac Z77 ITX Wifi
  • Intel Core i3 2100
  • Heatisink Intel original
  • 2GB RAM DDR3 low profile
  • HD 2.5” Fujitsu 160Gb
  • PSU Streacom Nano 150 Pico ITX

Great buy, but you know there is on sale EVO model, with improvements in the storage tray, USB 3.0, increased up to the heatsink.

If you want to see all the photos of the assembly, click here

Sorry for my googlengish.

Visit my blog on HTPC
Blog H T P C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Where's the deal here?

Reply Computers and Parts Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page