Western Digital Red 3TB Hard Drive $124.99 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 114
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=22-236-344&nm_mc=EMC-GD100113&cm_mmc=EMC-GD100113-_-index-_-Item-_-22-236-344&
Promo : EMCYTZT4496
$124.99
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Nevermind.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gewbert View Post

It's been around this price on Amazon for weeks. Actually been as low as $118ish I think.

Not that I can see. More like $133 for a "Prime" eligible or $131 otherwise. Maybe it was cheaper before but I didn't see it then.. in any case, it's the cheapest price + shipping I see at the moment from any site.
post #4 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 08:04 AM

Liked: 27
Whoops sorry, was the Green I was looking at. My bad.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 02:02 PM

Liked: 12
The low 3-star Newegg rating scares me a little. Still - none of the competition have much better ratings.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy16775 View Post

The low 3-star Newegg rating scares me a little. Still - none of the competition have much better ratings.

The 2 major problems with 3/4 TB Hard drives + Newegg

1) Newegg's packaging has gotten a lot worse recently. It's a crapshoot when you buy an OEM drive how they pack it, and thus a lot of people get DOA drives due to bad packaging.

2) People always bitch when they are stupid. This shows up more with 3/4TB Hard drives because of issues because they either don't have the bios or knowledge to format one of these drives, or don't understand why their free space does not say 3/4TB. Not to mention, people who are angry are much more likely to review something than people who get a working product. Newegg is usually better than most places when it comes to their ratings though

It's not the drive itself that is the reason for the poor ratings, it's mostly newegg. It's too bad that newegg usually has all of the best hard drive deals.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 09:26 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by damelon View Post

The 2 major problems with 3/4 TB Hard drives + Newegg

1) Newegg's packaging has gotten a lot worse recently. It's a crapshoot when you buy an OEM drive how they pack it, and thus a lot of people get DOA drives due to bad packaging.

2) People always bitch when they are stupid. This shows up more with 3/4TB Hard drives because of issues because they either don't have the bios or knowledge to format one of these drives, or don't understand why their free space does not say 3/4TB. Not to mention, people who are angry are much more likely to review something than people who get a working product. Newegg is usually better than most places when it comes to their ratings though

It's not the drive itself that is the reason for the poor ratings, it's mostly newegg. It's too bad that newegg usually has all of the best hard drive deals.

Thanks - ordered one from Amazon.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-04-2013, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy16775 View Post

Thanks - ordered one from Amazon.

Smart! I ordered one of these and it was shipped to me... in an envelope! AN ENVELOPE! One of those fed-ex large flexi-types. No cardboard of any kind. Was single layer SMALL bubble wrapped. What ever happened to foam packaging, or triple-layer large bubble wraps? They could have just put the shipping label on the drive for all the packaging protection they give. I may have to stop buying hard drives from them.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-04-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 995
Dude... Amazon sucks. I buy the Seagates from Newegg and I usually get more than 1. I have bought 2,3,4 at a time and they always come in the bulk styrofoam OEM slots in a box. One drive at a time when the seller gets them by the case usually means cheap packaging. Banging a HDD around is bad news. Why the RED anyways ? I just saw you post the $109 Seagate in the other thread.

I would send back any HDD for a refund that came to me in an envelope. That's idiotic. You should leave them feedback.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply Computers and Parts Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page