Upcoming Panasonic DMP-BDT225 Smart Wi-Fi 3D Blu-Ray Player cyber monday deal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2013, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Starts at 2 pm Eastern time

www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-BDT225-Smart-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B00F6B3ULE/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks. I might get this to match my VT60.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysikal View Post

Thanks. I might get this to match my VT60.

I did end up getting it. I'll try it out for a while and probably come back and leave some impressions.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So what do you think, I was just researching this because it has what I want but no reviews yet. please let me know soon. Thanks

Old 12-10-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dady View Post

So what do you think, I was just researching this because it has what I want but no reviews yet. please let me know soon. Thanks

Pros:

- (for me) Works well with my Panasonic VT60. I can be reasonably sure that the 24p settings and all are working in harmony with those on the TV. I've played around with all that stuff 24p on/off, 48/60/90Hz, 4:4:4:4. Easier to trust that things are working in sync when the TV and blu-ray brands are the same.
- Loads fast enough for me

Cons:

- Seems a little noisy at times. I have no previous blu-ray player experience to compare this to, however. It is not noisy during play back...just loading. There is some fan noise at time from the unit when it plays. I don't think it was enough to bug me.
- locked up on me twice. unit became unresponsive to any input (including power on/off) from both remote and physical buttons on unit itself. I have since watched 2 blu rays all the way through with no problems. If the problem were to resurface, I'd probably consider returning.

Overall I'm happy enough with it - especially for the price I paid. $60. I would only consider returning if the locking-up issue resurfaces.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I am new here although I've been on the hidef forum for years . I'm thinking of buying the Panasonic DMP-BDT225 from Amazon , but can find no info on it anywhere and the amazon reviews are for the 230 model . Does it have the same features as the DMP-BDT230 specifically optical audio output , sd card input and usb input ? It seems to be the same unit as the 230 , but nowhere online can I find even a picture of the front and rear inputs anywhere . Any information you can provide will be much appreciated .