AV123 Strata Mini speakers in Piano Rosewood - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am selling a pair of Strata Minis in beautiful Piano Rosewood color. Both speakers are in perfect working and cosmetic condition - there isn’t a single scratch on them. I still have these hooked up in my entertainment room, so I can easily demo them upon request.

I bought the pair directly from AV123 about 4 years ago, new. I would like to sell these locally, although I still have the original packaging so shipping these wouldn’t be out of question. Buyer would have to pay for shipping from ZIP 91364. (The pair would weight approximately 300 pounds when crated and palletized. Shipping dimensions are 52" x 24" x 18".)

All original items that came with the speakers are also included – manual, speaker spikes and cups (to set toe-in), speaker grills, patch cables for connecting the woofer, and the power cables for the built-in plate amps.

Cash or PayPal payment only, please.

“The Strata Mini is a 3.5-way loudspeaker. Driver complement includes a 1" circular planar magnetic tweeter, an 8" planar magnetic midrange, a 5.25" multi-layer Atohm dynamic midbass coupler and a rear mounted 8" mass-loaded paper woofer driven from its own 350-watt class A/B amp. Frequency range is 27Hz-35kHz (± 3dB), nominal impedance 8 ohms and sensitivity is rated at 86dB @1watt/1meter. The crossover point for the 8" subwoofer is user definable from 30Hz to 150Hz. The Atohm 5.25" midbass coupler located in its own critically damped chamber kicks in at 80Hz, which in turn crosses over to the 8" planar magnetic midrange driver at 650Hz. At 4100Hz, the 1" planar magnetic tweeter takes over up to 35kHz. Overall dimensions are 47" H x 17.5" D x 11.5" W. Weighing in at 94 lbs, each pair ships in pallet mounted crates for a grand total of 315 lbs. The gently curved front panel is veneered in a lovely real-wood South American Rosewood. For an additional cost, a high-gloss piano finish is available in limited quantities. The Mini sits on a quartet of serious looking solid brass cones. Also included are brass cups to prevent the speakers from punching holes through your floor. At 94 lbs each, they most assuredly would.

Mating planar and dynamic drivers to a powered subwoofer, the Strata Mini isn't really like any other speaker on the market. It offers a pleasing, full-bodied, slightly warm tonal balance with all the visceral bottom end you'll ever need, all wrapped up in an attractive room and wallet-friendly package.

If you are looking for a full-range speaker that will integrate in a wide range of rooms and systems and is equally at home in 2-channel audio as well as home theater, then by all means, put the Strata Mini on your list."

Too many to list. ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

I still have these... Price is lowered! biggrin.gif

Too many to list. ;)
post #3 of 6 Old 08-05-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Price further lowered smile.gif

Too many to list. ;)
post #4 of 6 Old 08-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 42
Why are you getting rid of them? They look really nice.. Didn't the guy that owned that business go to jail? no center channel,or are they just for 2 channel?
post #5 of 6 Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, they are absolutely gorgeous. I am moving back to Europe which means 220V and I don't want to deal with an extra voltage conversion step in my setup (the Minis have built-in amplification - 110V plate amps - for the 8-inch woofer).

I actually have matching center and two bookshelf speakers (same Piano Rosewood finish) but I can use those overseas. (Although - if someone would pay let say $2200 for the 5 speakers, I might sell those as well...)

I've actually set up only the Minis in my HT (in stereo, basically), and they gave me such good imaging (a "phantom" center) that I never felt the need to put the center out... (My Marantz SR7005 might have had something to do with that as well though...)

Too many to list. ;)
post #6 of 6 Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Still for up sale, price is $1000 now.

I also throw in two corner base traps for free (black velvet finish, triangular shape, ~28" sides, 10" deep), just to make this deal sweater (added shipping cost is on the buyer, of course).

Too many to list. ;)
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page