SOLD: Aperion Audio Intimus 5db bi-dipole Surrounds-Piano Black PRICE DROP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-27-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 921
Selling a VERY lightly used pair of Aperion Audio Intimus 5db Bi-DiPole speakers. These things are absolutely GREAT for surround use, and I would keep them around but I need to fund a new DIY project biggrin.gif I had them run for surround duty for less than about 8 months before I started doing DIY projects for surrounds and really enjoy what I have up there more since I made it myself! This speaker has the selectable bi-dipole speaker switch so you may choose which works best for your situation.

The Intimus 5db is no longer available through Aperion so here is your chance to get your hands one of their top of the line surround speakers. Here is the link to the site:

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/Intimus-5DB-DipoleBipole-Surround-Speaker,115,68,267.aspx

Feel free to PM me with any other questions you may have!!!

Thanks,
BA

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-28-2012, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So gents I got my Verus Grand Tower speakers in the mail last week. I just thought I would throw in my 2 cents, since I've been lurking on these forums for the last 2 months trying to figure out which speaker to buy.

I was debating wether to buy the ascend sierra towers, phil harmonics, salk song towers, but I was lucky enough to get two verus grand towers open boxed VGTs from Aperion and thought why the hell not, I am basically saving like $600 by buying these babies. Both came in spotless condition, however one of them rattles at a very specific frequency and volume. Not exactly sure what the cause is, but before I jump and complain or send them back, i'm going to do some troubleshooting to make sure the grill is on tightly or that my carpet isn't screwing it up. On to the important stuff.

These speakers are powered by my Denon 3312CI. I would say I am 70% music and 30% television. I would consider myself a decent audiophile, and really like the sound of my Beyer Dynamic DT770 head phones. I have been essentially trying to replicate that headphone sound but with tower speakers.

These are really beautiful speakers and I would describe the VGTs as warm and def. not bright. These are very non-fatiguing speakers and I can listen to music for hours on this speakers.. in fact I have already. I was originally going to buy B&W CM8's bought thought I could find a better deal on the net and I can say the bass extension is waaayyy better on the VGTs although the high's and mids aren't as clear in my opinion. I really like the bass and the lows on the VGT's so much so that I feel like i don't even need a subwoofer at this point. I was not blown away by the clarity or detail in when listening to classical or jazz tracks. However, when I put on Trance and hip hop, these bad boys really shine and def. put a smile on my face.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know it's been several months since you listed these for sale, but wondering if you still have them?
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page