Phase Technology dARTS (Digital Audio Reference Theater System) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 56
For sale is a Phase Technology dARTS 525 FS 5.2 channel surround sound system. The package includes three identical speakers for left, center and right channels, two bipole/dipole wall-mount surround channels and two 12" 500 watt subwoofers. The amplifier required to drive the five full-range channels is also included. The front three speakers are finished in piano gloss black, and the subs and surround speakers are finished in flat black. Current retail price for this system is $19,875.

The dARTS system is equalized and calibrated using Audyssey MultEQ XT Pro. This setup requires a $500+ calibration kit which is not available to end users. However, I do have a calibration kit specifically for dARTS and I will include it with the rest of the system. (No, the standard Audyssey Pro kit for Pro-enabled receivers and preamps will not work with this system.) The kit requires two connections to a PC (one USB and one firewire).

Please note that this system utilizes active crossovers implemented in the amplifier unit. Therefore, three runs of cable are required to connect the front three speakers to the amplifier, and two runs of cable are required for each surround speaker. This also means that the amplifier included with the system is the only amplifier that can properly drive the speakers.

A couple of issues: The grilles on the front three speakers attach to the baffle via four magnets sunk into plastic extrusions on the grille. A few of those plastic extrusions on the center and right speaker grilles have pieces that are broken off. This does not affect the grille's ability to stay magnetically "stuck" to the speaker, nor does it affect performance. You'd never know about this minor flaw unless you took the grilles off to inspect. I have included a picture showing this. Also, I noticed while taking pictures that there is a barely perceptible scratch a couple of inches long on the top of the right front speaker. Otherwise the system is in fantastic, near-new shape. I purchased it new about 4.5 years ago and it has resided in a pet-free and smoke-free home.

I will take Paypal (add 2%) or a money order/certified check. Shipping is included in the price, but I will consider a discount if you pick up locally. I am willing to meet somewhere within a reasonable distance if desired.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking.

Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page