B&K Reference 200.5 Power Amplifier (200w x 5) - Black w/ Bonus Silver Faceplate Included - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-06-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've moved away from separates to make room in my A/V cabinet, so I am selling both my pre/pro and my amp. The B&K Reference 200.5 has been a staple in my HT ever since I upgraded from the Sunfire Cinema Grand. It's been controlled by my B&K Ref 50 and then my Anthem AVM-50. I liked the amp so much, I never even considered moving to an Anthem amp when I switched processors. The amp has powered both a Martin Logan speaker set-up and a Paradigm speaker set-up and never seemed to break a sweat. I've carefully inspected this amp and am unable to find any flaws. There are no scratches on the faceplate, top, or sides (that includes both faceplates) and the amp is super clean. Amp has been an awesome performer in my home theater and I'm positive it will make its new owner very happy. You won't be disappointed in the condition of this amp.

Items included:
• B&K Reference 200.5 Power Amplifier
• Power Cord
• DC Trigger Cord
• Owner's Manual
• BONUS - Extra Faceplate (Silver)

Unfortunately, I do not have the original box, so I would prefer a local pick-up (Washington DC area) as the amp weighs around 70 pounds. However, I am purchasing a heavy duty box and packing materials to ensure a safe delivery and will be able to ship. Just keep in mind that shipping will likely be pricey (figure around 80 lbs and dimension of approx. 24x24x12 from zip 22407).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Ultimate Amplifiers – Today’s digital home theaters provide state-of-the-art performance. B & K’s Reference 200.5 & 200.7 amplifiers deliver a new level of performance by providing finesse, detail, and awesome dynamic range. These amplifiers, rated at a conservative 200 watts per channel, pack a whopping 75 amps of peak to peak power in every channel!

B & K’s Reference 200.5 – The Reference 200.5 amplifier delivers 5 channels of 200 watts each of cutting edge sound to your living room! B & K’s commitment to using only the finest sounding components in our products guarantees not only the finest sound possible, but that every channel is a mirror image of the other. This channel matching produces the most three-dimensional image possible in your listening room. Experience surround sound with the palpable lifelike realism of being there.
Features:

• 200 watts X 5 channels at 8Ω (20Hz to 20 kHz) at .09% Total Harmonic Distortion
• Class A Pre-Driver circuitry improves low-level detail for a smoother and more musical sound.
• Class AB Mosfet Output stage delivers efficient, linear power.
• Balanced Inputs deliver the quietest and most accurate signal path between your preamp and amplifier.
• Differential input stage with a current source load assures DC stability and wide bandwidth linearity.
• Use of 1% Metal Film Resistors in the entire active circuitry to reduce noise for greater purity of sound.
• Use of Toroidal Transformers and Computer Grade Capacitors to provide high current for superior dynamics and extended low frequency control.
• Capability to operate at full power with a square wave input signal.
• Individual External Fuse Protection prevents damage from accidental shorting of output devices, while preserving the highest level of integrity to the original signal possible.

Specifications:

• Frequency Response - 5 Hz- 45 kHz
• Power Rating @ 8 Ohms - 200 W
• Power Rating @ 4 Ohms - 375 W
• Damping Factor (50Hz) - 450
• Input Sensitivity - 1.4V
• Input Impedance (Ohms) - 33.2k
• IM Distortion (SMPTE) - 0.09%
• Slew Rate - 14 v/μs
• Amperage (Amps P-P) - 75
• Signal to Noise Ratio, A Weighted - 95 dB
• Pairs of Output Devices per Ch. - 5
• Number of Channels - 5
• Balanced Inputs - Yes
• Dimensions in Inches - (W)17" x (H)7.5" x (D)19.5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sold.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi just wondering how much you want for the amp
Old 06-20-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerguy1 View Post
hi just wondering how much you want for the amp
just a little too slow on the trigger there...
Old 06-20-2014, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfowler View Post
just a little too slow on the trigger there...
LOL. You can pretty much always figure if a year old post is bumped, it's going to be by someone with less than 10 posts.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted