THT LP Folded Horn Subwoofer - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-14-2012, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
This listing is for my Bill Fitzmaurice designed THT-LP passive 15" folded horn subwoofer. It was constructed using high quality void-free birch plywood, PL Premium polyurethane construction adhesive and has 2 coats of exterior grade satin black paint. The efficient folded-horn enclosure design allows me to use one channel of a Behringer A500 (200 watts) to power the THT, and it plays LOUD and Clear! I have measured peaks well over 120db at 1 meter using a handheld SPL meter. At my listening position with the sub in the front corner of the room it measures flat down to 18Hz, and plays cleanly above 120Hz if needed. (For reference my listening space is in a great room that is 7500 ft^3, and is open to another 2000 ft^3.) I am selling this excellent subwoofer because I want to use multiple subwoofers in my room, and my wife said I have to use smaller subs if I want to add more to our system. The sub measures 24.5"(H) x 18"(D) x 72"(L). Even though it is large, it fits nicely against a wall due to its "LP" low profile design. I am keeping this local pickup only, unless the buyer wants to coordinate a freight company picking it up at my home, and taking care of everything needed for shipping.

Cheers, Joe
Tampa, FL 33570
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Gear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page