"McIntosh... For the Love of Music" book - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I recently won this book during a McIntosh promo at my local audio store and have no use for it. I flipped through a couple of pages but that's it -- it's basically brand new.

It goes for $209 on amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/McIntosh-Love-Music/dp/0978723600/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345556823&sr=1-3&keywords=mcintosh+labs). I'm happy to sell this one for $180 shipped, as long as shipping isn't more than $20.

FEEL FREE TO MAKE ME AN OFFER!!! Call me at 719 567-4608 (daytime) or 719 205-9481 (evening) if interested.

Picture: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0978723600/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

Here's a description:

A fascinating history of an audio legend "Even though this book is published by McIntosh itself, it is as candidly revealing as any business history I have read from an independent publisher. "McIntosh...for the love of music..." is not a happy-slappy PR puff piece but a genuine history. Indeed, I found the behind-the-scenes business chapters to be absolute page-turners.... "As we've come to expect from Ken Kessler projects, the production values are lavish. The cover and book and the book's entire color scheme reflect McIntosh's black-and-gold glass faceplates and blue meters. The photographs, photo editing and layout are fittingly world-class. There is even a bound-in gold ribbon for a bookmark. In addition to a foreword and introduction, there are 19 chapters of content, four appendices (including a timeline), an index a bibliography, and lists of McIntosh products by model number an name. "Well done. Highly recommended - even if your amplifier doesn't sport big blue meters."

LSA One Monitors, LSA LCR Center, LSA On Wall surrounds, dual Hsu VTF-3 subs, Denon AVR-X4000, Adcom GFA-6000 amp, UTurn Orbit turntable
Reply Audio Gear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page