JBL L112 pair in fair condition, still sound great - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-05-2012, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a pair of vintage JBL L112's for sale. I moved into a smaller place and just don't have the space for them. I really hate to get rid of them, but it's just not practical to hold onto these speakers.

The cabinets have some scratches and discoloration which could easily be remedied with some steel wool and oil. There is the dreaded plant ring on top of one of them that may never come out.

I found these in my parents basement 5 years ago...they wanted to throw them out! The foam was absolutely shot, so I tried to fix that myself. Unfortunately the glue didn't hold very well and the foam is beginning to lift in some places.

The mesh over both the tweeters is dented inward, but but could be pushed out if someone was willing to take the cabinets apart. The tweeters are still in perfect condition themselves though. The other rubber surrounded woofer is in PERFECT condition on both speakers.

After I refoamed these speakers, they sounded frickin' fantastic...just stellar sound. I was blown away by them when watching movies...and I only set them up in stereo! The drivers are in PERFECT condition and work fine.

I recently replaced the fabric on the grills and used an industrial grade black epoxy (3M DP-420) to glue the metal frame into the wood border. Those suckers are not coming apart.

Due to weight and size of these, plus never having posted here before, I will only accept local pick up. I live in the Jamaica Plain section of Boston, but if you are over 45 minutes away, I might be willing to meet you somewhere to make the exchange. I'm asking for $600 or a best offer because I just want to get rid of these to free up space. If I had the time and patience, I'd restore these myself and then probably could get close $1000 for the pair. I'm just not that motivated.

I might also be willing to consider a trade. I need smaller bookshelf speakers to replace these, so maybe the set you are getting rid of after buying the L112s.

Pics can be viewed here:
Speakers.jpg
Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-06-2012, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump. I added pictures.
Reply Audio Gear