Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Wales, PA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Datasat Digital Entertainment has combined its vast experience in conventional analog sound systems with state-of-the-art digital signal processing technology. The result: the AP20 Audio Processor. Offering an impressive collection of features packaged together in one box, the AP20 is one of the most flexible and powerful general-purpose audio processors available today.
Engineered to deliver precise reproduction of both analog and digital sources, the AP20 leverages the power of 6 Analog Devices 400MHz DSPs. The AP20 offers 16 channels of digital and 8 channels of analog inputs coupled to the 16 digital and 16 analog outputs. In addition to 1 S/PDIF and 2 TOSLINK inputs, the AP20 features 4 HDMI 1.3b inputs with Blu-Ray HD decoding and active loudspeaker crossovers.
Each of the 16 channels Include:
• 31 bands of 3rd octave equalization
• 3 bands of parametric equalization
• Channel gain & phase inversion control
• Individual Bass & Treble controls
• Variable delay line adjustable from 0ms to 1000ms
One of the Most Compelling Features of the AP20 is the inclusion of Dirac Live® room optimization technology. Dirac Live® is a state-of-the-art digital room correction technology that improves the listener experience by correcting for room modes and anomalies using high-resolution filter technology. Configure once and never touch again. The result - improved musical staging, clarity of dialogue and an enhanced listener experience.
This is a lightly used 16 channel Datasat AP20 Audio Processor that puts out the most detailed sound for movies I have ever heard in my theater. I am only selling it as I am switching to a Datasat RS20i which is the AP20's twin except for a few additional features (e.g.; bass management, advanced dolby).
This is a real commercial cinema audio processor designed and built by the company that does the sound for Hollywood movies (DTS). It has a ridiculous amount of tweakability and settings, and arguably the finest room optimization software available to make your audio as great as technologically possible for your specific room. By itself it's an amazing digital pre-amp; add the Dirac software option and it transforms the audio into a very clean, very detailed thing of beauty.
This box has way too much to list here, but you can get all the details at the Datasat or AVSforum websites.
Includes the AP20, original box and packaging, power cord, two balanced 8 channel DB25 to XLR breakout cables (2 meters), and the all-important optional Dirac USB thumb drive (License key for room correction).
Be aware to run the room optimization you will need a good microphone (e.g. Earthworks M30 or M23), a good microphone pre-amp (USBPre 1 or 2), a computer with XP (I believe Vista also works), and an internet connection. There are other hardware selections that will work, but I have experience with this combination and can vouch for it.
Also, no remote is included - it does not come with one. It will interface nicely with an Ipad via VNC though, or just get the iRule app and be done with it. Picture #3 (borrowed from Cineramax) shows the AP20 interface on an iPad.
Insured shipping by FedEx Ground or Home; will work out the specific amount with the buyer depending on the destination.
Payment by bank check or money order, Paypal adds 3% to cover their fees
Happy to answer any questions I can!
Digital Audio Decoders
• Dolby AC3
• DTS Master Audio / DTS ES / DTS 5.1 / Neo:6
Digital Audio Inputs
• Channels: 16
• Connector: Two DB25 (Female) connectors (1-8) and (9-16)
• Digital Format: AES/EBU
• Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96 kHz and 192kHz
Other Digital Audio Inputs
• Connector: Two TOSLINK (optical S/PDIF) and 1 coaxial (S/PDIF)
Analog Audio Inputs
• Channels: 8 balanced that are fully routable as to output,
can be connected unbalanced
• Connector: DB25 (Female)
• Impedance: 10k ohms
• Sensitivity: 300mv rms
Other Analog Audio Inputs
• Channels: 2 stereo single ended and routable (non-sync) input pairs
• Connector: 4 RCA jacks
• Impedance: 10k ohms
• Sensitivity Adjustable: -16dBv to -4dBv
• Single channel -68dBv to -8dBv input (XLR female connector) with switchable
+48V phantom power
HDMI Audio & Video Inputs
• Audio Channels: Up to 8 (PCM, DTS-HD Master Audio & Dolby AC3)
• Connectors: 5 HDMI connectors (ie: 4 switched as inputs and 1 as output –
Video passed thru)
• HDMI 1.3 compliant digital audio with video pass-thru
Digital Audio Outputs
• Channels: 16 (fully routable as to input)
• Connector: Two DB25 (Male) connectors (1-8) and (9-16)
• Digital Format: AES/EBU
• Sample Rates: 48kHz, 96 kHz and 192kHz
Analog Audio Outputs
• Balanced (can be connected unbalanced or single ended)
- Channels: 16 (fully routable as to input), common mapping with
- Connectors: Two DB25 (Male) (1-8) and (9-16)
- Level: -10dBu with Fader at 7, +26dBu max (balanced)
• Connector: 1 single ended RCA output, channel-selectable to drive an
external monitor. Adjustable Levels, to 300mv rms
• Connector: 1 single ended RCA output, summed output for
Assistive Listening . - Fixed Level Out, 300mv rms
100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, auto-switching
60w power consumption
3U 19” rackmount standard
Imperial - 5.25”(H) x 19.0”(W) x 15.0”(D) Shipping Weight: 20lbs
Metric - 13.33 cm(H) x 48.25 cm(W) x 38.1 cm(D) Shipping Weight: 9kg
Dirac Live® Room Optimization
• 16-Channel Dirac Live® room optimization
• Installer kit required to install Dirac Live®
3rd Octave EQ
• 16 channels - 31 user-adjustable bandpass filters
• Adjustable in 0.5dB steps; total gain or loss of 6dB
• Frequencies range from 20Hz to 20kHz.
• 16 channels with 3 user-adjustable parametric filters for shaping
• Adjustable from 20 to 200Hz, gain +/-6dB in 0.1dB steps
• Q range from 0.7 to 5.
Hi/Low/Bandpass Active Crossovers
• Adjustable from 20Hz to 20kHz; adjustable slope of 6, 12, 18 or 24dB per octave
Bass/Treble tone control
• Adjustable +/-6dB at 150Hz and 5.5kHz
Individual Channel Delays
• 0 - 1000ms (ie: 0 to 1 second delay)
• 0 – 250ms
Note: Total delay per channel not to exceed 1000ms (ie: 1 second)